Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

ANYBODY WHO'S judging Justin Elmore on his criminal record is ignorant. If you do not know him, you shouldn't pass judgment because there was proof out there that he was a decent kid. He just got into trouble like most kids do. If you're not in the community, you should stop complaining and try to be mentors for these young people. What are you doing to make it better?

CHARITY BEGINS at home. I'm not elated over the homeless building a church in Kenya. Better to get themselves off the Augusta street.

IT'S A SHAME the police are trying to make him look like a bad person, but I really hope Mr. Elmore's family stands up and fights for justice.

I HEARD IT said that Justin Elmore was a good man, but in his obituary there's not one accomplishment the family could note.

RANT FOR THE Cherry Tree project. I think every one of these projects should be closed completely.

A RAVE TO Tires Plus on Tobacco Road. On two separate occasions, I was quoted high prices for services. I went to Tires Plus, and the management either told me the service wasn't necessary or they did the job for a much lower price. Thanks for being honest. You will always get my business.

PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA has named no Southerners to his cabinet. Did we expect anything different? What COULD we expect from a politician from the Al Capone school of politics? He'll appoint his henchmen.

MY RAVE IS that wise men still seek him our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, not only at Christmas but all through the year the hope of the world.

WHY WERE GIRLS and teens gyrating lewdly in a Christmas parade? I'm glad I didn't recommend the Augusta parade to anybody, I'd be mortified after what I just saw on TV. What an embarrassment to our community!

RAVES TO The Chronicle for sticking up for a fully functional, affordable public transportation system, something that is vital for Augusta to advance and increase its significance as a large, modern city.

gnx
gnx 12/29/08 - 02:51 am
From what I understand most

From what I understand most decent kids don't get into the kind of trouble Mr. Elmore did. Shenanigans, yes; trouble, no. Morning everyone. Coffee pot's on and someone else can get the donuts.

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/29/08 - 03:35 am
gnx - G'morning. Normally

gnx - G'morning. Normally CBBP is pretty good about the doughnuts, but he likes to stand at 12 paces and chuck the rasberry jelly-filled ones. Just be careful! (this is unless you happen to be wearing black and he has the ones coated in white sugar)

As It Is
As It Is 12/29/08 - 04:34 am
Get over Justin Elmore

Get over Justin Elmore already. There are plenty of decent people to which you can look up to in any community and this man surly wasn't among them. He might have done some good as most criminals do at one time or another but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was a repeat offending criminal who sold drugs that destroy our youth of all races. He was given opportunity after opportunity to stop his criminal ways and turn his life around and he failed to do so. He didn't meet his obligations, pay fines, follow rules, show up for probation, respect his fellow man, respect the laws of the land or respect law enforcement officers. He made his choices and has received the consequences for his own actions and to stick up for him or anyone like him is pure ignorance.

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/29/08 - 04:57 am
It is As It Is - Rock on!

It is As It Is - Rock on!

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/29/08 - 05:20 am
Time hack! Dead DredHread

Time hack! Dead DredHread BabyDaddy JED is still that way! Last day of Hanukkah, and the middle of Kwanzaa. At least the Israelis are keeping the candles aflame in The Gaza Strip! G'morning, namasta and all y'all! Happy Monday.

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/29/08 - 05:42 am
Oh, he just got into a littl

Oh, he just got into a littl e trouble like most little boys. BS! This guy is/was a grown man. Heck he even had children, but was he a father to them. I doubt that. I'm not gonna miss dead Jed. I'm gonna get me an Obama knit cap and a RIP JED t-shirt. I'm sure it'll keep me safe over the holidays. I will have hope and some street cred.

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/29/08 - 05:44 am
Oh, yeah, the gyrating little

Oh, yeah, the gyrating little girls; My co-worker told me he had just returned from the parade and I jokingly made a comment about the girls dropping it like it's hot. Mind you, I didn't go to the parade, but I've seen them before. He said it was really sad and completely innappropriate the way they were moving. I guess that makes me racist, since I cannot appreciate their art of teaching little girls how to dance like strippers.

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/29/08 - 05:56 am
Good mo'nin PTHS.

Good mo'nin PTHS.

rbk
rbk 12/29/08 - 05:59 am
As it is, you got it right!

As it is, you got it right! If Elmore had surrendered and complied with the deputy's request to surrender, he wouldn't have been killed, and if he was innocent, he would have been released unharmed. His actions spoke louder than words, he must have been guilty of some wrong.

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/29/08 - 06:00 am

Drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot. I wonder how many of them children have children at home.

Reality
Reality 12/29/08 - 06:21 am
Help out the corrections

Help out the corrections staff by getting rid of the thugs before there is more over crowding.............

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/29/08 - 06:23 am
Justin Elmore has been judged

Justin Elmore has been judged for the last time and it wasn't by anybody on Earth. He is reaping what he has sown. Our personal opinions are no longer relevant.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/29/08 - 06:24 am
Charity begins at home, but

Charity begins at home, but can manifest itself anywhere.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/29/08 - 06:27 am
President elect Obama hasn't

President elect Obama hasn't taken office yet, he's just appointing his court. There's plenty of time to whine when he takes action we disagree with. For now, "to the victor goes the spoils".

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/29/08 - 06:28 am
One girls' dance is another

One girls' dance is another girls' rude gyration. Perspective is everything.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/29/08 - 06:30 am
It would be good to see

It would be good to see Augusta take positive steps to heal its ailing public transit system.

factchecker
factchecker 12/29/08 - 06:52 am
Can you believe that Caroline

Can you believe that Caroline Kennedy has the nerve to want to be a Senator from NY? She's married and has children. According to some people on here that commented about Sarah Palin, Kennedy should not be out of the house in such a demanding job. She should stay at home cooking and cleaning for her family and taking care of her children.

momofthree
momofthree 12/29/08 - 07:30 am
patriciathomas, you are so

patriciathomas, you are so right, Elmore has faced his final judgement. Now all we should do is hope and pray that his children learn from his mistakes and grow up to be responsible law abiding citizens.

white_trash
white_trash 12/29/08 - 07:31 am
Good Morning Awguster, to the

Good Morning Awguster, to the Jed supporters, try this next time the cops turn the blue lights on..............STOP.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 12/29/08 - 08:44 am
I am not even going to

I am not even going to believe that the first post is legitimate. Who in the hell care if he gave away some pampers or food or money every now and then? He was more of a menace to society than most criminals were. I mean at least 15 arrests or contact with police in 5 years. Hell I work with them and barely have that many contact with police.

christian134
christian134 12/29/08 - 08:53 am
I have children who were

I have children who were considered a problem during their teen years but to date I have not had one of them try to kill a police officer...There is a distinct difference in a child going wayward to a person who tries to kill...

christian134
christian134 12/29/08 - 08:56 am
Good morning all...:-)Ya'll

Good morning all...:-)Ya'll stay safe today...Coffee's good...I am most happy...

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/29/08 - 09:16 am
All I can say is Patricia

All I can say is Patricia Thomas can dance!!!! Got some skills in the motivational gyration ball room dancing hip hop sort of venue. You go girl!

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/29/08 - 09:37 am
Hypo - Well said and thanks

Hypo - Well said and thanks again for your public service!

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 12/29/08 - 09:38 am
let me guess, mr. elmore was

let me guess, mr. elmore was a pillar of society, he was cut down in the prime of his life making an honest living....MY EYE!!!!!! he was a parasite who made no positive conrtribution to society, if anything he was a drain...multiple arrests without any effort to rehabilitate himself. what where his contributions??? did he work say at a fast food resturant while going to school to furhter his education???? did he volunteer??? so what is it that made him such a good person??? maybe it was from time to time he extended credit or gave free product to a CRACKHEAD. as i said before he died the way he lived, and he reaped what he sown..my sympathies to his family but none for him because of the life he chose to lead. why not close down all projects because they are a drain on the those both black and white who choose to work everyday at an honest job

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 12/29/08 - 09:40 am
I certainly agree with the

I certainly agree with the Tires Plus rave, I just recently purchased a full set of new tires, with an alignment just over $300.00 there. SEARS wanted to charge approximately the same price for TWO tires, no alignment, for the same economy tires.

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/29/08 - 09:41 am
c134 - I need a cuppa!

c134 - I need a cuppa!

amazed1
amazed1 12/29/08 - 09:41 am
Is there anything good that

Is there anything good that comes out of Augusta? From all that I read and hear,is mostly negative. If Georgia was a bull, then Augusta would be it's A'hole.

HotFoot
HotFoot 12/29/08 - 09:45 am
Please tell me what unique

Please tell me what unique characteristics Southerners possess to make them worthy, simply by dint of where they grew up, to be appointed to cabinet posts? People don't say, "Gee, Pres Elect Obama hasn't appointed any Cabinet members from the Northwest" or whatever. I don't see the relevance.

seymorebutts
seymorebutts 12/29/08 - 09:50 am
The FBI reported 10,067

The FBI reported 10,067 arrests in murder and non-negligent manslaughter cases in 2007. Half of the people arrested — 5,078 — were black. Almost 10 percent of black people arrested for murder were under age 18, the FBI data show.