Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

I WILL BE VERY HAPPY when Mama Mia! is finally performed in Augusta because then perhaps they'll take that ad off TV. If I hear it one more time I think I'm going to start screaming.

RANT TO THE people that are living in Cherry Tree. I realize that everybody is not criminal, but I feel like that place is a little town all by itself. Elmore should not have been trying to get away from the police. When they said stop, he should have stopped.

A BIG RAVE TO Nancy, Shirley, Kathy and Harold at Carquest on Lumpkin Road. They give great customer service.

THE 'CREPE MURDERERS' trim yearly, usually in January-February, to keep the trees from growing 50 feet tall or more. We "Crepe Murderers" have a plan to keep our trees alive, but not allow them to overtake the house.

RANT TO ALL THE local media outlets, including The Chronicle, for not covering the "Day with a Deputy" function held at Bojangles in Martinez and WalMart on Bobby Jones. For each of you not to cover a story with such a great feeling and effort for those in need shows your true colors.

HAVE YOU NOTICED how many squirrels are in Patriots Park lately? The place is overrun with them. What can we do to "thin" them out?

A SPECIAL THOUGHT TO all the soldiers overseas that could not return to their families. God bless you and thank you so much for your sacrifice.

FOR AL SHARPTON to criticize the Richmond County Sheriff's Department is the most egregious form of racism there is.

THIS IS A RANT to The Augusta Chronicle for acknowledging the rant against Obama using his middle name. You're an idiot.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 12/27/08 - 05:32 am
Everyone must be sleeping!

Everyone must be sleeping!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/27/08 - 06:35 am
morning all

morning all

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/27/08 - 06:41 am
I suppose I'll have to stop

I suppose I'll have to stop dropping off the tree rats that we humalnely capture in our yard at Patriot's Park now....my secret is out. Thanks to all who showed up yesterday - I had a great time. We'll do it again I hope! G'morning to namasta (of course), and all y'all. Happy Day Two of Kwanzaa - I hope everybody got new Air Jordan's, hoodies and bandanas. Oh and DD's wife is MUCH cuter than CBBP- OMG - Charming and ... just ... well .... WOW! CBBP - If you EVER bring BullDawg logos within arm's reach again...... I couldn't waste the Gentleman Jim though...... One more thing, I tried for the time hack but somebody didn't like the SamBarakObama word from the song. But he's still dressed in the prettiest clothes! I'm beginning to feel like Popkorn with this account thing.

Souie
Souie 12/27/08 - 07:12 am
You are a real mental giant.

You are a real mental giant. A rat capturing a rat. You really have a pathetic life if the big event of your day is releasing rats in a park.

white_trash
white_trash 12/27/08 - 07:23 am
I have a solution for the

I have a solution for the tree rat problem. Involves a small amount of gunpowder and lead. But I can guarantee it will work.

white_trash
white_trash 12/27/08 - 07:24 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/27/08 - 07:46 am
Souie Souie Souie - I'm

Souie Souie Souie - I'm calling ya! Grilled pork would be nice today! Gimme some of that fatback for the catfish stew too!

edwarra
edwarra 12/27/08 - 07:57 am
behave pths

behave pths

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/27/08 - 08:03 am
"Try and pin a wave to the

"Try and pin a wave to the shore...." not today

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
19157
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/27/08 - 08:36 am
Toot Toot

Toot Toot

elliottness
elliottness 12/27/08 - 09:05 am
look! pths got kicked out of

look! pths got kicked out of his usual 4:20 slot by some idiot who says "everyone must be sleeping!" that's what most people would be doing there politicallystupid.keep studying my posts pths you'll learn the art of constructing,and condensing a post.i was looking at yesterdays posts and kept wondering why anyone would just type in one word and waste their time and everyone elses.then i look at the clown factcheckers telling us clinton and carter are responsible for this catastrophe that monkeyboy is leaving.what a joke.bush had 8 years and did nothing.i guess they're responsible for the auto drop,the aigs of the world,all the bailout money that our wonderful american crooks have stolen and won't tell anyone what they did with it?make the banks pay the money back,period!time for a nap.

christian134
christian134 12/27/08 - 09:06 am
Good morning all...Stay safe

Good morning all...Stay safe out today...:-) Over-run by squirrels...Years back it would have been established that a little squirrel hunting was the order of the day but since the AMA announced they were high in cholesterol I haven't a clue...

factchecker
factchecker 12/27/08 - 09:14 am
Awww gee thanks elliottness

Awww gee thanks elliottness and I thought nobody noticed. Just remember, the bailouts could not have happened without the support of your "Democrat Controlled" Congress. Oh and don't forget the Big 3 bailout. I think that is when Bush became a Democrat because only the Democrats in Congress supported them and him in that endeavor.

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 12/27/08 - 09:15 am
Good morning, christian. Hope

Good morning, christian. Hope you slept well. I'm curious... Why the small "c"?

christian134
christian134 12/27/08 - 09:19 am
Aw thanks for your concern

Aw thanks for your concern for my health and well-being Lobo...:-)

momofthree
momofthree 12/27/08 - 09:27 am
I am a little disappointed

I am a little disappointed this morning. I look forward to coming here in the morning with my coffee for some good reading. The best we can do today is squirrels???

Geekgoddess
Geekgoddess 12/27/08 - 09:43 am
Are you ever on the wrong

Are you ever on the wrong site for meaningful conversation. You have now entered the zombie zone.

Geekgoddess
Geekgoddess 12/27/08 - 09:45 am
The small c in christian is

The small c in christian is because he/she is a small christian.

kiddspur
kiddspur 12/27/08 - 09:48 am
A good pot of squirrel stew

A good pot of squirrel stew can solve the problem - on second thought may not have a pot big enough to handle it all...Good morning America!!!

Geekgoddess
Geekgoddess 12/27/08 - 09:48 am
PTHS if you had any sense,

PTHS if you had any sense, you would have given those rats to Rose for her snake. Better yet collect items to give to the poor instead of collecting rats in your silly attempt at being humane. Ever yours,
Athena the Greek

white_trash
white_trash 12/27/08 - 09:52 am
We are not zombies!!!!! I

We are not zombies!!!!! I hate sterotypes. Just because we roam the streets at night and eat brains does not mean we are zombies.

popmimi
popmimi 12/27/08 - 09:54 am
The Mommy on Call article in

The Mommy on Call article in todays paper gives us an idea what is wrong with this country. Active duty female, single mother, two children and six months pregnant. Makes you wonder how much time she has to devote to her military duties. The morals of this country are at rock bottom.

icanusethat
icanusethat 12/27/08 - 09:59 am
SO, IF THE KU KLUX KLAN

SO, IF THE KU KLUX KLAN marches through a neighborhood with guns, there will be no arrests as long as they are nonviolent?----------hey you so right they would'nt talking about charging them

factchecker
factchecker 12/27/08 - 10:11 am
These Arabs across the

These Arabs across the mid-east that are protesting Israel's airstrikes of Hamas security compounds - where were they and why weren't they protesting Hamas when rockets were being fired into Israel from Gaza? They deserve what they get in Gaza. If Gaza and Hamas can't live in peace with their neighbors then they don't need to exist.

dale88fan
dale88fan 12/27/08 - 10:25 am
i love zombies == did someone

i love zombies == did someone mention pot?

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 12/27/08 - 10:25 am
What would one hurl at

What would one hurl at neighbors who encroached on one's land? Shoes?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 12/27/08 - 10:27 am
Why don't you try it out and

Why don't you try it out and see what happens? @icanusethat

gamc30909
gamc30909 12/27/08 - 10:29 am
My pellet gun will thin them

My pellet gun will thin them out and I Love squirrel, grits and gravy.

amazed1
amazed1 12/27/08 - 10:45 am
marching with guns is not in

marching with guns is not in my oppinion, non violent. it is,however, a threat to the public and should not be tolerated. anyone that lives on government assistance,caught participating in such actions should lose their benefits.

Farful
Farful 12/27/08 - 10:52 am
.22 also works good for tree

.22 also works good for tree rats.