Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

COLUMBIA COUNTY school board should reconsider the spanking ban. Spanking would be a great benefit at Martinez Elementary, where some kids are going wild and ruining the school.

IF YOU HAVE a plastic cover over your vehicle license plate, you are a criminal under Georgia law. If your license plate retainer covers the name of the county, you are a criminal under Georgia law.

THE GOVERNOR OF ILLINOIS is now locked up. Good! That's step one. The next step is to lock up all the remaining top politicians in America. With them in charge, we're sinking, so we have nothing to lose by doing that.

NOW GOV. PERDUE thinks HE must provide an economic stimulus. Of course, it won't be his money he's playing with. In fact, his idea is just as insane as all the other "stimulus/bailout" poison the D.C. politicians are dishing out.

THE COLUMBIA COUNTY school board moves further backward from common sense and reality by ending corporal punishment for misbehaving students. So, what else is new in the 21st century? Turns out Randolph County, GA (Cuthbert), spanks 1,258 students a year. Cuthbert must be Georgia's most safe and civilized town. Soon, the world will be moving to Cuthbert, i.e., the intelligent world will.

RAVE ABOUT ALL the whiners out there.

A HUGE RAVE to the ladies and J at Great Clips for Hair. Everyone has to get their hair cut here at least once; the workers really listen to your hair needs.

I WOULD LIKE to congratulate our fine police and firemen for the wonderful job they did at the Davis fire.

RAVE TO BAY, sales associate at Dillard's in the Mall, for going far, far out of her way to locate the matching separates I was trying to find.

MJ
MJ 12/17/08 - 01:43 am
Slim pickin's today.

Slim pickin's today.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/17/08 - 04:20 am
Ohhhhhhh nooooooooooo! I wake

Ohhhhhhh nooooooooooo! I wake up to find out I'm a criminal! And here all this time I thought Milton-Reuben WAS a county in Georgia.....my bad....sorry. G'mornin namasta and all y'all.

atsugua13
atsugua13 12/17/08 - 04:54 am
why do we want our schools to

why do we want our schools to paddle our children. All that is necessary is for parents to fill their roles in their own familys.

white_trash
white_trash 12/17/08 - 05:13 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

white_trash
white_trash 12/17/08 - 05:50 am
Is it any cover or just the

Is it any cover or just the colored ones?

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/17/08 - 06:02 am
w_t - You can't say "colored

w_t - You can't say "colored ones" in here. ;-)

rbk
rbk 12/17/08 - 06:15 am
Why is it a big deal to cover

Why is it a big deal to cover the county on the plates? The wildlife and other specialty plates don't even have a place to display the county.

christian134
christian134 12/17/08 - 06:23 am
Good morning everyone...:-)

Good morning everyone...:-) Ya'll stay safe today:-) Maybe all will be well today within the confines of the "leave the criminal element alone" if they seem to meet the qualifications of what constitutes a criminal and what does not...What must it be like to be able to incite a whole group of people just for the plain and simple reason of "qualifying"?...I believe the prisons, jail, and boot camps would suddenly have quite a bit more room if they and the justice system followed these same parameters...Yes? Yes...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/17/08 - 06:39 am
Hmmpphh, did somebody say

Hmmpphh, did somebody say something? Wake me up when the fun starts!!

jack234
jack234 12/17/08 - 06:43 am
I'm sure the person ranting

I'm sure the person ranting about the stimulus check, sent his first one back to the government. We can never blame him of speaking out of both sides of his mouth. LOL

Nammy
Nammy 12/17/08 - 06:55 am
Good morning PTHS & Tujeez

Good morning PTHS & Tujeez (check your email when you get in, hun) and everyone...have a good and peaceful day ya'll! A rant to Channel 12--someone appears to be asleep on the job! WAKE UP!!!! It's time for local news....it's fixed now, I think they heard me....lol.

countrymom
countrymom 12/17/08 - 07:22 am
shame shame shame on those

shame shame shame on those who would allow someone else to spank their children

sgachief
sgachief 12/17/08 - 07:23 am
amen on channel 12, worn out

amen on channel 12, worn out equipment or sorry employees, dead air does not sell ads. more likely employee problem. and yes, more local news, i can get national and world news on the national and world news shows.

countrymom
countrymom 12/17/08 - 07:27 am
that's just as bad as letting

that's just as bad as letting a stepparent spank your child

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/17/08 - 07:45 am
OK let's talk about Frank

OK let's talk about Frank Thomas and his Human Relations Commission, which I know first hand that his "Relations" assistance was biased based upon 1 primary factor. I personally know that I referred a woman to him who was fired from her job at a large employer due to her pregnancy. She was more than qualified for the job and had no problems doing the job she was hired for. He refused to assist her in any way. The next week it was in the paper about his commission going out of it's way to assist another woman who was unfairly fired from her job and got her reinstated with back pay. The primary difference was the race of the two women.

Nammy
Nammy 12/17/08 - 07:49 am
So cbbp-which one was

So cbbp-which one was reinstated? I "think" I know...

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/17/08 - 07:51 am
Is this the same Frank Thomas

Is this the same Frank Thomas who was at Fort Gordon? If so his racism is legendary. You were very PC not to mention Mr. Thomas's race, CBBP. He has made a living telling certain folks he is overwhelmed, can't possibly give time to help them while going to the mat for others. Race seems to be the deciding factor in many of these cases. This is my opinion.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/17/08 - 07:56 am
Just wait a few generations.

Just wait a few generations. Race will no longer be an issue. As we intermarry and create more mixed children, as we have done with other races & nationalities, this will become less important. We will soon have to find other reasons to hate.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/17/08 - 07:58 am
I would not want to be a left

I would not want to be a left handed, cross eyed pygmy in the not too distant future.

Nammy
Nammy 12/17/08 - 08:11 am
Hey, what's wrong with being

Hey, what's wrong with being left-handed? (':

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/17/08 - 08:22 am
Wow. I know the ranter hasn't

Wow. I know the ranter hasn't been....but have any of you ever been to Cuthbert, GA? I used to live there and TRUST ME....it is NOT the safest or most civilized town in GA. You think Richmond County has a high drop-out rate??? 1 out of 10 graduate at Randolph-Clay High School. Pretty sure we DON'T want to use them as an example of excellence in education. Oh, one more thing - there's ONE elementary school for two counties. No wonder they "spank" so many kids a year...

palomino9
palomino9 12/17/08 - 08:26 am
my goodness, the criminals

my goodness, the criminals that are running the streets. oh my. what shall we do?

momofthree
momofthree 12/17/08 - 08:51 am
PTHS, I want what was in your

PTHS, I want what was in your coffee cup this morning, thanks for the chuckles. Wait can I say chuckles in here?????

karmakills123
karmakills123 12/17/08 - 08:59 am
"buongiorno miei amici! Si

"buongiorno miei amici! Si prega di fare attenzione nella guida nebbia nebbia rugiada! Ho pensato che potremmo HAV una lezione di oggi Itilian .. ok?"

karmakills123
karmakills123 12/17/08 - 09:14 am
"Tôi nghĩ rằng, nếu có lẽ

"Tôi nghĩ rằng, nếu có lẽ chúng tôi nói trong một ngôn ngữ khác ... chúng tôi có thể không nhận được \"xoá\" từ các diễn đàn."............translate: " I thought if we speak in another language we perhaps would not be "removed" from this forum...~ : O )

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 12/17/08 - 09:16 am
I knew I shouldn't be hanging

I knew I shouldn't be hanging around with you PTHS, you criminal you!

LMAugustine
LMAugustine 12/17/08 - 09:22 am
If people acutally discipline

If people acutally discipline their children at HOME, they wouldn't have to consider spanking them at school. I, a parent, am supposed to teach my child respect and right from wrong, not teachers. They are there to teach my kids how to read, write, etc.

My oldest is 4 y.o. and his teacher commented the other day how I'm one of the rare parents that deal with my child's bad behavior immediately. And all I do is talk to him about what he did is wrong (in front of the teacher so she can add to the convo if needed) and have him apologize. At home he looses snacks and tv and then writes a letter just saying "I'm sorry for being bad" (he's only 4.) His teacher told me many parents ignore her or just wave her off when she tries to talk to them about their child and she never gets any kind of feedback about what happens at home and she doubts anything happens at home since it's the same kids constantly being bad. (sorry for the horrible run on sentence.)
I know my kids aren't perfect, he gets in trouble but I at least TRY. I see all the time parents DEFENDING their child's apparent bad behavior instead of CORRECTING it.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/17/08 - 09:25 am
Where is the child's father?

Where is the child's father?

ITDoc
ITDoc 12/17/08 - 09:27 am
Hello y'all :-) Bravo LMA:

Hello y'all :-) Bravo LMA: There's still a tremendous number of good parents out there, we only hear about the bad ones. Your kids will thank you forever .

LMAugustine
LMAugustine 12/17/08 - 09:30 am
PTHS, if you are talking

PTHS, if you are talking about my child's father, my husband, he is right there with me discipling and teaching our children. We have the same views on how our children are to be raised.