Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

RAVES TO THE CITIZENS of Augusta for showing two visitors from Maryland that friendliness is still very much alive!

TWENTY CITY EMPLOYEES laid off so a few could receive a pay raise? City employees need a union right now.

THE COLUMBIA COUNTY school board considers banning spanking of students. When school boards get stupid, so do students.

I'VE BEEN TAKING the paper for over 30 years now. I've called in Rants & Raves a number of times and they are never printed. Would you please print some that I call in? It's a huge rant to the parents that serve alcohol on their underage daughter's wedding to her and all her underage bridesmaids and friends. You need to be in jail for this, wedding or not.

I'VE BEEN CALLING Rants & Raves for two years and haven't had one placed. This is a rant against the Richmond County government for laying off all those people at the holiday season. It seems to me that Americans should start working together at all levels, especially at the community and city levels. Instead of giving the raises, it would have been better to try and keep one or two more people employed full-time as a show of unity among the employees and a show of love and respect for their co-workers.

IN REFERENCE TO the homeless program at the VA, you shouldn't have it. It's going to end up being drug-infested.

RAVES TO Mr. Jones of Harlem. What a fine person he is. He knows how to treat people right and he's a fine businessman. He's always got a nice smile and I just want to say that I hope you keep up the good work.

TO THE PERSON who claimed that problems began during Jimmy Carter's administration and Clinton's administration, that's nonsense. It all started when both of the Bushes got into office. That's when everything went downhill, with Republicans in office.

THIS IS TO THE know-it-all who said that to save money with the government, people should make Medicaid patients take drug tests. I was crushed in a car wreck in 2002. I have Medicaid by the grace of God to go a doctor. We are required to take drug tests. So before you cut down the taxpayers helping underprivileged people like me ... get your facts straight.

Nammy
Nammy 12/16/08 - 05:20 am
w00t! Good morning, good

w00t! Good morning, good morning to you! (':

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 12/16/08 - 06:05 am
rant--LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD

rant--LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD ABOUT ELMORE THE OFFICERS NEVER GOT A CALL ABOUT DRUGS..ELMORE IS A VERY WELL KNOWN DRUG DEALER AND THEM 2 OFFICERS KNeW HIM GOOD THEY WAS JUST PICKING AT HIM THAT DAY..TELL THE TRUTH OFFICERS..I HEARD THIS..stop judgeing people because these officers are not saints and nor is our Sheriff. funny how they never went in the truck if they had a call about drugs.sure sounds funny to me...people living in the project start recording everything these officers do it will cut out the foolish stuff they do and lie about. then post it up for the world to see.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/16/08 - 06:24 am
morning all

morning all

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/16/08 - 06:27 am
smh, so the world is without

smh, so the world is without one drug dealing idiot for a while, someone will take his place, what are you so worried about? even if he was a well known drug dealer, and they were "just picking on him" he should not have attempted to run them over, that is what got him shot......i say good job richmond county.

shel2u
shel2u 12/16/08 - 06:28 am
(SMH - This comment section

(SMH - This comment section is for the rants and raves. There are several articles elsewhere concerning this issue that you can comment on.) That last rant has me perplexed. When did they start drug testing Medicaid recipients?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/16/08 - 06:39 am
To the Dem that posted the

To the Dem that posted the Carter era didn't precipitate the sub-prime problem. You are a good Dem and will continue to vote Dem. Knowledge is unnecessary for you. Watch CNN and listen to NPR, they'll tell you what to think and say.

white_trash
white_trash 12/16/08 - 06:51 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 12/16/08 - 06:51 am
SMH---I have a better idea

SMH---I have a better idea for people in the projects.... Get a JOB. Stop breeding!! Support yourself. Stand tall with pride.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 12/16/08 - 06:52 am
Trouble did you see the video

Trouble did you see the video of him trying to hit the officers? because i haven't show me the tape then i might believe it..the samething happen to lee johnson they say he tried hit them with his car and they shot him the same way guess what the police car tape got missing..so no i don't believe the officers

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 12/16/08 - 06:54 am
I don't judge ppl like ya'll

I don't judge ppl like ya'll most ppl here people in the projects have just as much rights as us working people do..not everybody is able to afford the things we have..do i judge them ? no i do not.

Martinez
Martinez 12/16/08 - 06:56 am
I actually like SMH's video

I actually like SMH's video idea - kind of...... I say take it one step further though, just not necessarily in the same direction. I recommend the law abiding citizens of the heavily crime infested neighborhoods start rolling those video cameras at the drug dealers, gang members and misguided youth who roam the streets at night. Start picketing, harrassing - heck throw a rock or bottle if you must but most definitely begin policing your own community, start directing your own children, get involved in the community and even schools. There is a war to be waged in your community. The enemy is the degragation of the community's youth, the break down of families and failure to discipline children young, teach right from wrong, etc. It's parents who fail to parent. It's young men and women who fail to embrass their educational opportunities. It's people who would rather look the other way then stand up for what's right. If you clean your own house, the police won't need to.

white_trash
white_trash 12/16/08 - 06:57 am
A rant for the low life POS

A rant for the low life [filtered word]that stole the aluninum off the running boards of my truck. I am sure you were thinking "Its a large company, it won't hurt them." Well you [filtered word], now I have to loose a days work, using hours I could be driving to have my truck repaired. I certainly hope that $5.00 worth of aluminum gives your kids a great christmas while I have to tell mine christmas will be even more sparse since I will loose several hours work.

white_trash
white_trash 12/16/08 - 07:00 am
SMH, I will judge any lowlife

SMH, I will judge any lowlife [filtered word]that resorts to crime. What would you have said if one of the guns was used to shoot someone in your family. My guess is "The RCSO should have done something to stop this" Can't have it both ways.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/16/08 - 07:01 am
smh, did you even read the

smh, did you even read the article???? the gbi has the tape and will release it after the investigation is complete, that you dont believe the officers does not surprise me, but do not worry so much, someone will be along shortly (if they are not already) to replace your favorite drug dealer................

white_trash
white_trash 12/16/08 - 07:19 am
SMH, if I remember correctly

SMH, if I remember correctly Lee Johnson was the guy killed in Apple Valley. The tape clearly showed him attempting to run over the officers.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/16/08 - 07:57 am
I wonder if SMH has his name

I wonder if SMH has his name on his girlfriends lease and if he actually contributes to the household to support his children or is just another bloodsucking leach living off his woman on EBT and welfare!

Boston93
Boston93 12/16/08 - 08:00 am
To those that never get their

To those that never get their rant/raves in the paper, undoubtedly angie1961 works for the paper. She gets plenty in.
Keep trying though.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 12/16/08 - 08:00 am
Medicaid recipients are not

Medicaid recipients are not required to take drug test.. so that's not the truth!!

christian134
christian134 12/16/08 - 08:01 am
Good morning everyone...:-)

Good morning everyone...:-) Ya'll stay safe today...

shel2u
shel2u 12/16/08 - 08:04 am
I want to report a crime.

I want to report a crime. The R&R comment section has been hijacked.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/16/08 - 08:10 am
I suspect there is some

I suspect there is some Aggravated Hibachery and Skullduggery involved!

shel2u
shel2u 12/16/08 - 08:10 am
All of our problems did NOT

All of our problems did NOT begin with any one president. Our problems began when American citizens were no longer expected to be responsible for their actions. Both sides of the aisle have contributed to the explosion of government control. Americans have become dependent on the government for income, food, health care, etc. This dependence has created more government and thus, more dependence. It is a vicious cycle and, unfortunately, one that will take a lifetime to turn around.

christian134
christian134 12/16/08 - 08:20 am
CBBP I agree

CBBP I agree wholeheartedly...Now we must grab Scooby and the Gang or better yet Tigger, Pooh, Darby and dog(I forgot his name) Sleuths....They are all ready on the job waiting to be called up for duty...:-) My word having the grandchild for 7 days and nights has left me quoting these programs in my sleep...:-)

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/16/08 - 08:22 am
Rave for the police, again

Rave for the police, again today. Continue the hard work of making swizz cheese of thug's heads.

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/16/08 - 08:28 am
I agree with the person that

I agree with the person that posted, "The police should just stay away from those projects for a few months so that all of those law abiding citizens can fend for themselves." I'm sure they'd be begging for the police to come back. Why does anyone really care if a criminal is killed in action? That's what he does, and that is a choice he made. It saddens me and gives me no hope for those people from that area that are defending the actions of this piece of trash.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/16/08 - 08:37 am
Usually the ones defending

Usually the ones defending those actions are involved in the illegal activity also. I sure hope they use the videotapes to identify the other trouble makers and put them into saggy pants vogue!

moondogrunning
moondogrunning 12/16/08 - 08:39 am
augusta solid waste has

augusta solid waste has informed me since I live on a private road (off Clanton Rd) they will no longer pick up my trash. Instead I will have to drag my can 100 yrds. to the top of my rd for pick up. I do however and I will opt out. this all started because the condition of the road was an issue now that this was addressed they find out its private property. Funny how they change the rules when it suits them. they sight the they worry about the safty of their drivers and damage to property ,what a lame excuse .I had a private hauler & was happy with their service I didn't want the county's service ,since it was crammed down my throat .they tell me that they had many complants about this ,has anyone else had this problem ?

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 12/16/08 - 08:45 am
Ahhh... POOR drug dealer the

Ahhh... POOR drug dealer the cops were picking on him...That is the most ignorant rant I have heard in along time!

Tujeez
Tujeez 12/16/08 - 09:10 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, Glowndarktatas, Namasta, PTHS, KathySueLoudermilk, Trouble, *WhiteThrash, RollingEyes, PatriciaThomas, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA08ROLLTIDE, Fire N Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, I Wear Lipstick 2, DoubleD,sneakypete, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2 and areyoukiddingme. NOW, All of you, Have a Good Day!

Nammy