Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WHAT A SAD STATEMENT about our community when we have enough money for a larger jail but can't keep the botanical gardens open.

A RAVE FOR the Odyssey Health Care Hospice. They were so loving and kind to my husband during his last days of battling cancer. They were there for him and for me. God bless them all.

RANT TO MAYOR COPENHAVER and Fred Russell for not doing anything to save the Augusta Lynx and keep them here so we'd have us a hockey team.

THANKS TO TERRY at MCG Hospital for his kindness. My family and I were very upset and had no idea where to go, but he took the time to guide us to the right place. I didn't get his last name, but he said he worked in maintenance. He was right about the doctors and nurses. They were great.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND a basket of raves to Mrs. Mohler at Glenn Hills Middle School. My grandson owes everything he has achieved to her hard work.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the road crew on Bungalow Road. Thank you, Greg, for putting up the new mailbox; Julius, for answering so many questions; and to all who worked so diligently to keep us safe when we had so much rain in this area in the last couple weeks. May God bless you all.

HOW CAN YOU SPEND $30 million for a jail, $20 million for a library and cannot come up with $300,000 to keep the Augusta Lynx in town?

RANT TO THE NEIGHBORS that called the local pound to my house. First of all you should have asked me and I could tell you that I don't even own a dog. Second of all, stay out of my business and away from my house.

I JUST WANTED TO LET The Augusta Chronicle and its readers know that the carrier Arlene Collins who delivers the paper to Swainsboro, Ga., is one of the greatest people. She works hard and goes above and beyond the call of duty.

MY COMMENTS are for the people who voted for Barack Obama without researching his legislative and foreign policy experience. There's an old saying: Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

white_trash
white_trash 12/11/08 - 03:40 am
Good Morning Awguster, I got

Good Morning Awguster, I got the first post today, w00t w00t, TOOT TOOT

kat30815
kat30815 12/11/08 - 03:49 am
Obama is going to be our

Obama is going to be our president. Quit making ignorant predictions that everything is going to go downhill when he hasn't even had to chance to prove what he's worth.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/11/08 - 04:20 am
To the pound ranter - Just

To the pound ranter - Just how did you expect them to ask you if they have to stay away from your house? Just curious. G'mornin, all y'all.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/11/08 - 05:01 am
morning all

morning all

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 12/11/08 - 05:22 am
easy cause he's not a fan of

easy cause he's not a fan of Augusta Lynx if it was baseball he would be keeping it here.i be glad when he gets outta office because he spends our money crazy.

gamc30909
gamc30909 12/11/08 - 05:26 am
as you folks said about the

as you folks said about the banks and car companies. the same applies for the lynx, if they can not make it on their own let them go. also dont blame no one but yourselves, when you do not get the revenue to keep afloat, as said before why should my money go to satisify your wants, I have never been to a game do not like hockey. if you want to see that game go to somewhere that keeps it, if we needed that game the river would freeze.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/11/08 - 05:40 am
gamc, you make a good point

gamc, you make a good point

Martinez
Martinez 12/11/08 - 05:49 am
To the "Basket of Raves" - Is

To the "Basket of Raves" - Is Mrs. Mohler missing a password?

Martinez
Martinez 12/11/08 - 05:51 am
So how many jobs would you

So how many jobs would you like the commissioners to cut from Augusta in order to "Bail Out" the Lynx for $ 300,000?

Martinez
Martinez 12/11/08 - 05:57 am
For the neighbor / pound rant

For the neighbor / pound rant - You say you don't have a dog, but did you remember to tell the dog? I called on my neighbor just last week because his dog spends all of it's time roaming the neighborhood. After nearly hitting it half a dozen times pulling out of my own driveway and having my leased dog jumped on by it for the 3rd time in a week, I made the call. Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe Animal Control went to the wrong address?

Martinez
Martinez 12/11/08 - 05:59 am
Here's an idea, why not use

Here's an idea, why not use jail inmate laborers to maintain the Gardens? Some of them have great "plant growning" skills.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/11/08 - 06:05 am
Martinez - you lease a dog?

Martinez - you lease a dog?

Martinez
Martinez 12/11/08 - 06:19 am
Opps - Got me. I wish. It

Opps - Got me. I wish. It would sure help offset costs. Does anyone want to pay me to take my dog out today? You know quality time, you, the dog and mother nature?

local girl
local girl 12/11/08 - 06:25 am
I would think that jails come

I would think that jails come before any games.we need to get the thugs off the streets

christian134
christian134 12/11/08 - 06:40 am
Good morning all...:-) No

Good morning all...:-) No surprises here as the roller coaster ride of "Crooked Politicians of Real Honest Democratic Party" comes grinding slowly to a halt"...To be fair both parties are filled to overflowing with less than honest politicians but the media keeps a closer than close eye on these folks...The Democrats have pretty much been rendered as clean as the newly driven snow this past election....Now for a cup of good coffee...:-) Jackson Jr. is about to be thrown to the wolves...Papa needs to pull on some of those old favors...The old Patomic two-step is about to be danced...Enjoy the show my fellow Americans...

kiddspur
kiddspur 12/11/08 - 06:45 am
Morning America and Augusta

Morning America and Augusta -- Looks like the Rants and Raves have now been covered for today -- carry on, carry off or carry away --it doesn't really matter -- just enjoy the day cause it looks like we going to get some more rain which we need.

momma mia
momma mia 12/11/08 - 06:50 am
So the mayor and Fred Russell

So the mayor and Fred Russell should have done something to keep the Lynx? WRONG. If there had been a supportive fan base attending the games, the Lynx would have stayed. That arena was hardly ever full the past several years. Augusta just isn't that invested in having a hockey team or fans would have turned out at the games to support the team.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 12/11/08 - 06:56 am
Good morning all hope you

Good morning all hope you enjoy this much needed rain. Be nice to each other. lol

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 12/11/08 - 07:24 am
On 12/10, I posted comments

On 12/10, I posted comments about Yonce Ford of Edgefield that turned out to be false.The statements were made impulsively and emotionally and they were not based on facts. Although I beleived the source was truely informed, they were not. This is no excuse for my actions, and I sincerely apologize to Yonce Ford and it's employees for the irresponsible and untrue comments that I made concerning a former employee.I would like to apologize to the readers of these statements. I hope that the folks at Yonce can forgive my ignorance and my emotional and impulsive statements.

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 12/11/08 - 07:29 am
A lot of folks don't claim

A lot of folks don't claim ownership of animals. I've got one of those irresponsible neighbors. If you allow an animal to hang around your property w/o contacting animal control to remove it, in my opinion, you own it.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 12/11/08 - 07:30 am
God in Jesus name thank you

God in Jesus name thank you for WAKING me up this morning, you didn't have to do it but you did and I'm greatful.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 12/11/08 - 07:31 am
Yeah you can't make money if

Yeah you can't make money if no one is attending the games, same for the arena football team. Also, I hope Jackson Jr. wasn't involved in that Illinois scandal, if he was TO BAD he deserves what happens to him.

D_DoDirty
D_DoDirty 12/11/08 - 07:33 am
Wiz- I'm in suspense. Or

Wiz- I'm in suspense. Or would you not care to ellaborate on your comments that day?

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 12/11/08 - 07:35 am
In response to call animal

In response to call animal control?? I have 4 stray cats and dogs that get dumped everyday?? We have NO animal control or humane society in Burke County?? What should we do?? So I am a irresponsible pet owner then because I own them and because I decide to throw some food outside to prevent them from getting into the garbarge. Even though I really can't afford to feed 4 more animals I still do it. By the way I have 2 kittens that are all black and we just got them tamed if anyone wants them. lol Purrfect for XMas

giwi
giwi 12/11/08 - 07:46 am
The paper is delivered to

The paper is delivered to residents in Swainsboro but NOT Lincolnton!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/11/08 - 07:50 am
I have to agree with the

I have to agree with the first ranter. How can we get our priorities so confused? Let's not build new and larger jails. Stay with the old one. Just double these guys up per cell. They're all polite guys. I'm sure no problems would come from this. First we need a waiver from all those incarcerated to make sure there are no law suits, then we need the permission of the ACLU, then whoever is next. Better yet why not just start a first in first out system whereby whoever was jailed first, regardless of the crime, is released whenever the current jail exceeds it's capacity. Then we could use that money to get us some pretty flowers for the gardens that obviously weren't supported to begin with. Ever thought of running for political office?

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 12/11/08 - 07:57 am
tatas, I'm in Aiken county

tatas, I'm in Aiken county and feeding them IS owning in AC's eyes. We recently took in two solid white kittens that are products of "cat lady" around the corner. She obviously doesn't understand the birds and bees of cats. Spay and Neuter PLEASE!

john
john 12/11/08 - 07:58 am
well, the govt could just put

well, the govt could just put up a penal tent city like in Arizona in the botannical gardens since it is not being used anyway. This would save the taxpayers alot of money. isnt there already a fence there? All these could be non violent criminals who are right there to do police call on broad street every day.

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 12/11/08 - 08:00 am
They could put a nice driving

They could put a nice driving range where the botanical gardens sit. It woul make a nice piece of scenery and would probably be more profitable.

angie1961..
angie1961.. 12/11/08 - 08:02 am
Good Morning fire n

Good Morning fire n ice!!!!!!!