Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A HEARTFELT RAVE TO all the veterans. If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, be sure to thank a veteran.

WHY NOT PUT THE prisoners to work to save the botanical gardens?

THE REASON THAT I wear summer footwear during the winter is because I just got a pedicure.

I'LL BE GLAD WHEN WE reach the stage where we only have self-checkouts because at least the machines say thank you and hello.

IT LOOKS LIKE THE good time at the gas pump is over with. The price of gas jumped overnight 10 cents a gallon up to $1.76. It looks like it's in upward swing now. We may be paying more before Christmas. I hope you print this. You never print anything that I call in.

RANTS & RAVES IS an appropriate title for this column. I have never ever seen so many people unhappy within themselves. They hate everybody; they hate everything; they are against everything; and nothing is right.

I HAVE A WAY THAT the government can help save some money. Anybody that is on Medicaid must take a drug test. I work in an area where we have a lot of people that have Medicaid. Most of them are alcoholics or are doing drugs. So as a country we could save money by making each one of them have a urine drug test.

THE U.S. CONTINUES to fall away from common sense and civilized life faster every day. Now we depend on government to be Big Brother all the time. Ergo, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration defended the safety of infant formula. If Americans were grown-ups, they'd never have gone so far into things like infant formula when mamas do that naturally.

As It Is
As It Is 12/08/08 - 03:20 am
As a conservative republican,

As a conservative republican, you should hold yourself to better standards and ensure that you give any President of the USA proper respect and work to make our country better. Who cares what others do, especially democrats, we need to be better.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/08/08 - 05:20 am
Gas UP to $1.76!!! Who'd have

Gas UP to $1.76!!! Who'd have thunk it? Some real short memories Thanks for the chuckles at the self-checkout comment, unfortunately you are right. G'mornin, y'all. Happy Monday!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/08/08 - 05:45 am
morning all

morning all

griesella
griesella 12/08/08 - 05:54 am
Pedicure? "Vanity, thy name

Pedicure? "Vanity, thy name is woman'!
.............But baby it's cold out---side...

dani
dani 12/08/08 - 05:59 am
Showing proper respect for

Showing proper respect for Obama will help how?

Reality
Reality 12/08/08 - 06:11 am
At least the dollar is

At least the dollar is stronger against the GBP. I will never understand the way the dollar moves, the economy is crap and the dollar is getting stronger....

Reality
Reality 12/08/08 - 06:12 am
PTHS , here they don't expect

PTHS , here they don't expect a tip and are excited to get one......

factchecker
factchecker 12/08/08 - 06:35 am
To the ranter about the gas -

To the ranter about the gas - they never post your comments? Well, the first one they posted for you makes you look ignorant.

factchecker
factchecker 12/08/08 - 06:37 am
"They hate everybody; they

"They hate everybody; they hate everything; they are against everything; and nothing is right." I agree - all ya'll start playing nice now ya hear? lol

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/08/08 - 06:51 am
How would a collection of

How would a collection of drug and alcohol laden urine samples help the government save money?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/08/08 - 06:53 am
Why not put the prisoners to

Why not put the prisoners to work anyplace? It's usually a lack of work ethic and salable skill that puts them where they are.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/08/08 - 06:54 am
Maybe it could be purified in

Maybe it could be purified in the NASA machine without taking away the "fun aspects" and remarketed.....

christian134
christian134 12/08/08 - 07:55 am
Good morning all...:-)

Good morning all...:-)

Reality
Reality 12/08/08 - 08:09 am
Drug test to those on the

Drug test to those on the gravy train, good idea, but it will never happen....We would then be paying for some special program while we continue to pay them.....Has a Gator ever been run over by a Sooner Schooner?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 12/08/08 - 08:28 am
Do anyone really care if you

Do anyone really care if you respect President -Elect Obama or not? I doubt that he will have problem sleeping because of your lack of respect.

truth-now
truth-now 12/08/08 - 08:37 am
For those whose views differ

For those whose views differ philosophically from the Pres-elect and the Dems, it is our duty to force them to consider all sides of the issues. This is a fundamental premise of our nation's two-party system.

christian134
christian134 12/08/08 - 08:37 am
Same could be said of all of

Same could be said of all of us who voice our opinion concerning any politician today Hypo...As far as Obama is concerned I don't believe he cares one way or another what any of us thinks or feels...Just an observation from one who has lived through many Presidents...

amazed1
amazed1 12/08/08 - 08:42 am
Our government conciders drug

Our government conciders drug addiction a qualifacation for medicaid.

truth-now
truth-now 12/08/08 - 08:46 am
"The only thing necessary for

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." [Kurt Herbert Alder]

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 12/08/08 - 08:49 am
Drug test 'em all. Then we

Drug test 'em all. Then we can pay for the test, someone to administer the test, the rehab, and oh yea, their living expenses while we pay for all the other stuff.

rufus
rufus 12/08/08 - 08:54 am
Did they use a pedophile for

Did they use a pedophile for your pedicure?

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 12/08/08 - 08:55 am
The last time that I

The last time that I suggested on here that welfare recipients be required to take a drug test before receiving their freebies, I was called a racist! Goodness knows that the people who WORK in those offices are required to take them from time to time to keep their jobs, why should the ones with their hands held out not have to do the same? As far as the one that was screaming 'racist' makes me wonder which race they were assuming I meant as I had not mentioned one.................?

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 12/08/08 - 08:56 am
LOL rufus! I wonder how you

LOL rufus! I wonder how you cure a pedi?

pofwe
pofwe 12/08/08 - 09:11 am
Cure for a pedi? Break their

Cure for a pedi? Break their legs.

karmakills123
karmakills123 12/08/08 - 09:16 am
Morning all of ya'll !!!!!!

Morning all of ya'll !!!!!! Amen to the first rant....I do not see why those recieving gov. handouts should not be subjected to random drug tests or at least the threat of them ..just like the rest of us real working folks............ as for the sock puppet barry...well nuff said (he will hang himself)........I also like to wear open toed shoes when I get a pedicure... cause they is so pretty !!!

nofrills
nofrills 12/08/08 - 09:18 am
It’s hard to have respect for

It’s hard to have respect for Obama when he wants to throw money at the unions and not make them file chapter 11 and restructure. You might actually see plants moving south to save jobs and what about his comment that the automakers are the backbone of America? I do believe the construction industry is the true backbone of America and its time those people get the respect and the help they need. If Obama wants respect he will have to earn it by watching out for all of America not just around his home state.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/08/08 - 09:19 am
Does the ranter about infant

Does the ranter about infant formula know how hard it is to breast feed multiple children at one time? The people who use the most formula are the ones receiving it for free on WIC - and usually have multiple children of breast feeding age. Geez...they're baby making factories, not baby feeding factories. LOL

gamc30909
gamc30909 12/08/08 - 09:24 am
I sure hope you are not

I sure hope you are not serious about the self check out. The way stores pricing process is incorrect, meaning a lot of times the price at the clerk is more than what is labeled on the place you got the product. A lot of times the clerk can take care of that right then and there, where if you have one clerk watching 4 self check out isles and say 3 people have to have a price correction you will most likely have to wait your turn, oops fight for your turn that is. Which ties up all 4 lines instead of just one, because on most of the selfcheck lines you can not do your final checkout until the clerk presses the go ahead button for your lane. Another thing is sometimes I have hit things on sale and they clerk knows about it and can put in the sale price if it is ringing up wrong.

purmkinhed
purmkinhed 12/08/08 - 09:32 am
To the ranter who wrote: "AS

To the ranter who wrote: "AS A CONSERVATIVE Republican, I'm willing to give President-elect Barack Obama the same respect that the left gave President George Bush. Zero." I too am a Conservative Republican and I'm here to tell you my friend that two wrongs do not make a right! Like it or not, Obama is our next President and we as Americans should stand behind him with respect!

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/08/08 - 09:32 am
Most cashiers are pretty

Most cashiers are pretty vile, but I found one at the Bobby Jones Wal-Mart that was rather refreshing. Self-checkouts are not the way to go. A cash register is still a computer....and we're all familiar with how reliable those things can be...