Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I THINK city commissioners need to cut their cell phones off and their free gas as well. They need to cut their own budget instead of cutting the bus budget.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND how Al Sharpton can just show up and step into James Brown's shoes. James Brown was a very good man and did a lot for a lot of people.

THIS IS IN REFERENCE to Corey Johnson proposing the saggy pants ordinance. From what I see, you like to be around these saggy pants because you are always showing up where kids are having their saggy pants events.

FOR ALL THOSE who didn't get a free turkey, not to worry. Barack Obama will be giving all kinds of goodies to you very soon.

I READ IN The Chronicle that lawmakers are considering a ban on cell phones for teenage drivers. I agree with a ban, but it should be for everyone. I see just as many older people running red lights because of cell phones as I do teenagers.

REP. PAUL BROUN is absolutely correct. He should not apologize. This coming socialist regime will bring about some changes. Read the book of Revelation.

IF DEMOCRATS HAD a football team, George Bush would be the best player on it.

THE CSRA SUFFERED a tragic loss on Saturday with the death of Lt. Michael Frank. For all of those who knew him, he was an inspiration. He somehow touched everyone's life upon meeting him. He will remain in all of our hearts and will be truly missed. God bless his family and the Aiken County Sheriff's Department.

MY PRAYERS GO OUT to Lt. Michael Frank's family. I did not know him, but I saw his face around North Augusta and in the paper , and he was always doing something positive for the community.

WELL, IT WOULD SEEM that Hillary and Bill Clinton are back in it again. These two cannot let well enough alone. They can't just go on into the past like the other presidents and their wives. They've got to be stuck right up there in the middle of everything.

HOW COME PEOPLE who live on Mount Auburn and Montgomery streets cannot provide adequate doghouses for their dogs who are chained outside?

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 12/03/08 - 04:34 am
I have nothing to say today

I have nothing to say today except that I think the saggy pants situation is ridiculous.. It's disrespectful and it shows the lack of home training, education, morals, self respect and consideration for others. Not everybody wants to see the nasty underwear!!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/03/08 - 05:05 am
morning all

morning all

MJ
MJ 12/03/08 - 05:08 am
If the Democrats had a

If the Democrats had a football team they'd stop the game and demand that the NFL do an investigation into why the other team had a higher score than them. After receiving a delay of game penalty, they would demand that the NFL redistribute points to make the game fair. Gay members of the Democrats would file a lawsuit against the NFL to have the positions of "tight end" and "wide receiver" renamed and would be on picket lines feeling that they're unfairly targeted for said positions. Even though they won't win a single game, the Democrats will make millions each year. They will tell their fans that the other teams are the reason for their failure. Their fans will buy into the idea and blindly support them in their failure.

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/03/08 - 05:42 am
M&J Nice! Way to start the

M&J Nice! Way to start the day. G'mornin, y'all

factchecker
factchecker 12/03/08 - 06:02 am
Jack234 - Your tooter is

Jack234 - Your tooter is broke and your train took a sidetrack. "Senator Saxby Chambliss won re-election today in a runoff, dashing Democrats' hopes of capturing enough seats in the U.S. Senate to thwart Republican filibusters."

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 06:02 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll stay safe today...To the person speaking to Corey Johnson concerning baggy pants your commit is silly and really quite tasteless...One doesn't have to look for the baggy saggy pants...Now what would be great would be for the wearers of such attire could figure out how to hold them up without appearing as if they are wearing a full diaper...Hey I have just the solution...Buy a pair of suspenders...:-)As far as the Clinton's hanging around they never left...Obama will share the power with them as he needs them to handle the other political power brokers in Washington...

Martinez
Martinez 12/03/08 - 06:19 am
M&J, The Republicans have

M&J, The Republicans have already claimed the exclusive on Christianity, Family Values, Fiscal Responsibility, etc. Can we leave FOOTBALL out of it? As a Democrat, or should I say Mindless Idiot, as so many here have called anyone who isn't a Bush Band-Wagon Republican, football is the only remaining non-partisan activity or subject we have.

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 06:24 am
Good morning

Good morning Martinez...Everyone has to have something...If it is football you want be my guest but please do not try to elicit feelings of guilt or bring tears of sympathy into the equation as your group affiliation is more than capable of slinging "mud" when it suits your purposes...:-)

white_trash
white_trash 12/03/08 - 06:49 am
jack234, how do, you prefer

jack234, how do, you prefer your crow, fried, roasted, baked, or grilled. TOOT TOOT

white_trash
white_trash 12/03/08 - 06:50 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

PAW
PAW 12/03/08 - 06:53 am
I feel the saggy pants law is

I feel the saggy pants law is ridiculous because it is another way to put more urban youth in the system. Let's be real for once, only one race is known for sagging their pants all the time and if he would have enforced the saggy pants law, it would have been open season on every black child in Augusta. No matter if the child is a thug or not, sagging is a fad.....just like bell bottoms, afro's, hammer pants etc.....

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 12/03/08 - 06:54 am
Good morning gang!!! Hope

Good morning gang!!! Hope all is well probably won't see me to much unless someone makes me mad. lol

Martinez
Martinez 12/03/08 - 07:01 am
Commissioners voted 9 - 1 to

Commissioners voted 9 - 1 to stop maintaining the Botanical Gardens. The Augusta Lynx has folded from lack of financial support. An 82 year Manufactoring employer leaves the area and roughly 350 people unemployed. Many other local manufactors are scaling back and/or slowing production. There is gang violence in local schools and embarrasing graduation rates. Public services, including public transportation are being cut. So how much money has been spent "consulting" about a downtown canal and new stadium? As a relative newcomer, who would love to see this area, including downtown, prosper, I just don't understand the curent business plan.

_iamthebadamerican
_iamthebadamerican 12/03/08 - 07:01 am
toot, toot!

toot, toot!

Martinez
Martinez 12/03/08 - 07:10 am
PAW - I agree - at least to

PAW - I agree - at least to some degree. I don't think the law should dictate what people wear beyond indecent exposure laws requiring specific areas of the body be covered in public. BUT I do think the school system, which is already allowed to set a higher standard dress code, should address this rediculous fad. Whether sagging pants, short skirts, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive sayings or logos - anything that could distract, compromise safety or be found grossly offensive should be restricted. If students are prohibited from wearing clothing that advertises political affiliation, religion, alcohol, tobacco etc. then they should also be prohibited from advertising the gang culture or in the case of many under-dressed young ladies - sex.

white_trash
white_trash 12/03/08 - 07:11 am
Martinez, be carefull, you

Martinez, be carefull, you are making sense, that isn't allowed on this site.

dokken3605
dokken3605 12/03/08 - 07:34 am
sharpton is a bottom feeder

sharpton is a bottom feeder and if there chance for him to get his name out he will use any way possible since he is one of the biggest racistr around and this includes jackson .

LifeIsWhatYouMakeIt88
LifeIsWhatYouMakeIt88 12/03/08 - 07:34 am
man am i???...{}.. :-0.. ;-)

man am i???...{}.. :-0.. ;-)

PTHS225
PTHS225 12/03/08 - 07:51 am
CHICAGO/WASHINGTON (Reuters)

CHICAGO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama is not planning to implement a windfall profit tax on oil companies because prices have dropped below $80 a barrel, an aide said on Tuesday. -- This is cute. Even though "big US oil" controls less than 5% of global crude production and have virtually NOTHING to do with crude prices and global demand. More crawdaddin - and this one isn't even a good lie.

rufus
rufus 12/03/08 - 07:51 am
Barney Frank is the center.

Barney Frank is the center.

karmakills123
karmakills123 12/03/08 - 07:55 am
Good morning to all

Good morning to all !!!Martinez I agree with you about the school dress code...in fact I think all kids grade 1-12 should wear simple uniforms ....problem solved..but that is just too simple and straight-forward for folks...they need to fight about things..discuss things and delay anything that makes sense......

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 12/03/08 - 08:16 am
I agree with you karma-- my

I agree with you karma-- my son who is in 3 grade was made to shave his mohawk-- to distracting I can understand we shaved it no questions ask. We go up to the high school for something and these kids have pink and blue streaks in there hair-- flip flops on when my other 3rd grader can't even wear the flip flops that wrap around your legs (gladiator type ones I guess) I mentioned uniforms a long time ago. I cannot believe what they get away with wearing in schools now adays. Glad someone else likes the school uniform idea

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/03/08 - 08:22 am
It sure is a sight outside,

It sure is a sight outside, light dusting of snow everywhere. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

Tujeez
Tujeez 12/03/08 - 08:29 am
Rufus, Barney is more than

Rufus, Barney is more than likely a wide reciever and hasn't played tight end since Junior High.

Tujeez
Tujeez 12/03/08 - 08:30 am
Good Morning to The Gang.

Good Morning to The Gang.

HARLEY HOG
HARLEY HOG 12/03/08 - 08:31 am
That is called FROST!!!!!

That is called FROST!!!!!

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/03/08 - 08:32 am
PUTT - it's frost, not snow.

PUTT - it's frost, not snow.

getalife
getalife 12/03/08 - 08:39 am
Toot, Toot!!

Toot, Toot!!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/03/08 - 08:43 am
Then how do you explain all

Then how do you explain all these snow men ?????LOL ...I know, sounds better to call it snow. Kinda like calling a bail out a bridge loan....

dani
dani 12/03/08 - 08:47 am
Can we give a toot-toot to

Can we give a toot-toot to Sarah Palin. She did a great job.