Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THE REPUBLICANS are squirming. You had your chance; now sit back and watch as the Democrats return this nation to prosperity once again, the same way we had to after the first Bush mess.

GOVERNMENT BAILOUT for the Big Three automakers? I say let them fail. You're actually bailing out the labor unions.

THE WOMAN WHO said Congressman Paul Broun insulted her intelligence obviously doesn't have any.

EITHER WAY, WE lose. We either elect Saxby, who abetted Bush in both the economic disasters hanging over us all ... or we elect the Democrat Martin, who has already run begging for help from Obama, which automatically will put Martin into Obama's hands if Martin wins. A sad day.

EVERYBODY IN America who has been living within his means is getting beat to pieces from government, penalized for doing something right. This is beyond criminal on the part of government .

A HUGE RANT TO the Columbia County school system. Wes Ivie informs school officials about the gun, but is treated like he intentionally took the weapon to school. What kind of message are you sending other students; that doing the right thing gets you nowhere!

RANT TO THE Columbia County school board. Ladies and gentlemen, pack your bags, and get ready to move on. You have served your last term.

LAST TIME I CHECKED it was a felony to bring a gun on school grounds. Why wasn't the Evans High School student arrested?

THE BOY BROUGHT the gun to school. It was in the vehicle for over four days. It wasn't until a search was launched that he "told the truth."He got the correct punishment.

A RANT ON the recent editorial. You did not mention that the Evans student left the gun in the car for several days and only notified officials when he learned that police were checking the parking lot. He could have been permanently suspended.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/26/08 - 03:04 am
move along, nothing new to

move along, nothing new to see here. G'mornin, namasta and all y'all.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/26/08 - 03:54 am
Rant to the local food bank &

Rant to the local food bank & Salvation Army. They provided us with all of our food for Thanksgiving and they brought no doughnuts for breakfast. Even worse The Salvation Army gave us a $100 bill for expenses. Do you know how hard it is to get a hundred dollar bill cashed when you don't have no checking account at no bank. I'm thinking about giving it all back but all 7 of my babies might get mad. We should not have to do without just because I ain't got no job. I can't wait till Obama takes over. He'll stop this crap!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/26/08 - 03:58 am
Rave to Best Buys. They

Rave to Best Buys. They cashed my hundred dollar bill when I bought my new big screen TV. The clerk was a jerk, though.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/26/08 - 04:15 am
PUTT - You should have held

PUTT - You should have held out for the gift cards. Not the store-specific ones, make sure you get the credit card type next time. Some of the shops that sell rims and accessories won't accept Bi-Lo cards. I'd hate for your holiday season to be spoiled.

NEone
NEone 11/26/08 - 05:19 am
14PUTT: Thanks for the

14PUTT: Thanks for the laugh.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/26/08 - 05:20 am
Where is the turkey and

Where is the turkey and fixins? Ain't it ready yet?

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 05:22 am
I4PUTT - I don't care who you

I4PUTT - I don't care who you are - that's funny. LOL

As It Is
As It Is 11/26/08 - 05:26 am
The Wes Ivey story should be

The Wes Ivey story should be over with. He committed a felony, broke school rules and when faced with being caught reported his actions. He seems like a good kid, made a mistake, reported it and was given a complete pass on a felony arrest as well as less than 1/5 of the punishment required by the school system according to the handbook. He was punished with a few weeks in In School Suspension followed by a few weeks in alternative school. Not a single day of his education was taken from him as per the requirement of expulsion for no less than one year for having a weapon on campus, even if you forget and yes, even if your report it. The tribunal hearing officer gave him a huge break and so did the BOE when they upheald the tribunal hearings decision. What he and his parents and others should learn is that he did right when he reported his actions and could do better by not forgetting to secure a weapon when you finsh hunting, especially for 5 days in a vehicle of a school parking lot. Self acountability and responsibility for your actions should be accepted and used as a learning experience. To ridicule the CCBOE over enforcing rules after giving a break is ridiculous.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 05:27 am
I don't know about the rest

I don't know about the rest of you but I was pretty prosperous all my life, even through the Carter years, until the last two years when the dems took control of Congress and then it all went to hell in a handbasket. And looks like it will get a lot worse before it gets better. I think the dems let it get this way over the last couple of years so they could say "look what the Republicans did" and get a larger stronghold for their socialist programs.

Nammy
Nammy 11/26/08 - 05:47 am
LOL--took the words right

LOL--took the words right outta my mouf, pths! Morning! Putt-you're just crazy...lol.

white_trash
white_trash 11/26/08 - 06:24 am
Morning Putt, good to smile

Morning Putt, good to smile this early. And to some folks, skip this post, nothing of importance here. Wouldn't want you to waste your time.

kat30815
kat30815 11/26/08 - 06:29 am
"Do you know how hard it is

"Do you know how hard it is to get a hundred dollar bill cashed when you don't have no checking account at no bank." How bout the gas that gets burned up by the Escalade??? None of the stores in the hood will take any bills larger than a $20.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 06:33 am
Dang WT - by the time i got

Dang WT - by the time i got to "Wouldn't want you to waste your time." I did.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 06:40 am
Rick - Great cartoon as

Rick - Great cartoon as usual.

white_trash
white_trash 11/26/08 - 06:46 am
Sorry checker, if you are

Sorry checker, if you are factchecker, don't read this. And AC, listen to the posters yesterday, let us comment on McKee's cartoons!!!!!!!!!!!!

white_trash
white_trash 11/26/08 - 06:58 am
Did anyone else notice how

Did anyone else notice how much the photo of the guy who robbed Cap'n D's looks like a mug shot. Guess they forgot to tell him in jail not to take a BB gun to a real gunfight. What are we teaching in prisons now. Time for prison reform. I thought all prisons did was teach them how to become better criminals. Get with the program people!

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/26/08 - 07:10 am
Hey man, it might not have

Hey man, it might not have been a mug shot. He could have been an MCG housekeeping employee at one time.

white_trash
white_trash 11/26/08 - 07:10 am
Rose, despite our differances

Rose, despite our differances here on this board, we are all thinking about you and praying for you. Hang in there.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 07:16 am
What is wrong with Rose?

What is wrong with Rose?

white_trash
white_trash 11/26/08 - 07:17 am
Her son has prostate cancer.

Her son has prostate cancer.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 07:22 am
Rose I'm so sorry to hear

Rose I'm so sorry to hear that. Both my Dad and Grandfather had it. It can be cureable. My family's prayers will be with you. A positive attitude can do wonders in helping to fight it.

PAW
PAW 11/26/08 - 07:24 am
PTHS, even though Obama

PTHS, even though Obama won.....I still wrote in Neal Boortz and believe it or not Huckabee. Funny huh!!!!

wise ole man
wise ole man 11/26/08 - 07:25 am
THe Evans kid's story is old,

THe Evans kid's story is old, the BOE will remain intact atleast another 2 years and even then the majority will still be on there- by the way they do do a good job most of the time- it is time to move on to something more productive. Prayers are with Rose and Happy Thansgiving.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 07:29 am
I can't believe that these

I can't believe that these people are still ranting against the Columbia County School Board for having the gall to slap someone on the wrist for committing a felony. Well, yes I can. After all, we are in the days of not keeping score in T-Ball because losing doesn't "feel" good and everyone gets a trophy for participating, including last loser.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/26/08 - 07:30 am
PAW - It's okay, I wrote in

PAW - It's okay, I wrote in Jody Grooms for CC BOE.

intheknow
intheknow 11/26/08 - 07:30 am
The Board did exactly what

The Board did exactly what they should have done. As a matter of fact, this young man is lucky that this was resolved without him having a criminal record.

PAW
PAW 11/26/08 - 07:35 am
I feel we are the only

I feel we are the only intelligent people in America. We know who should be in office and who should wait for a while to be in office

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/26/08 - 07:46 am
Everybody will soon know -

Everybody will soon know - 47% do already. "Praise The Lord and pass the ammunition"

PAW
PAW 11/26/08 - 07:47 am
lol !!!!!!

lol !!!!!!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/26/08 - 07:59 am
Pass the bullet proof vest if

Pass the bullet proof vest if the Moose hunter is coming to town. It could have been Cheney, so you are right about praising.

Stormwater fee project specifics hard to find

Although no one has promised Jackie Hayter that paying a new stormwater fee will get her Jamaica Drive drainage issues addressed, it’s a chance she is willing to take.