Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

KEEP RICHMOND COUNTY schools open and keep them up so our children can learn. If you close the schools up, then one day you are going to have to build bigger jails.

RE: THE PERSON who said that they had bad feelings about Obama: Why didn't you have bad feelings about President Bush?

ANYBODY, BLACK OR WHITE, that wants to be president of this country at this time has got to be crazy.

GAS PRICES ARE really low. I guess that's George Bush's fault too, huh?

U.S. REP. PAUL BROUN is a very typical extreme right-wing crazy man screaming about guns being taken away from Americans.

I MADE A VERY LARGE mistake when I voted for Paul Broun to represent me. This is a mistake that I will not repeat in the future.

I THOUGHT THE Civil War was over? I wake up and I see that the national Democratic Party is sending a bunch of carpetbaggers down here to tell us how to run the senatorial run-off.

BIG RAVE FOR my newspaper carrier on the 200 block of West Avenue.

RANT AGAINST Rep. Paul Broun for referring to President-elect Obama's future actions by stating he will establish a Gestapo-like security force to impose a Marxist dictatorship.

I WAS DELIGHTED to hear that Sam Nunn from Georgia will be serving on the transition team for President-elect Obama. This casts the state of Georgia in a very favorable light.

RAVE FOR MY GRANDSON on finding a cell phone on Saturday at the mall and returning it to the owner, a minister. His parents and myself want him to know how really proud of him we are. He is a student at Lucy C. Laney High School.

RANT FOR Congressman Broun. Comments like the one he made are the reason why Republicans are in the minority party now.

I BELIEVE THAT REP. BROUN should keep his remarks in the positive.

CUL DE SAC AIN'T FUNNY. I think it's using up space on the comic page that could be used for another comic strip.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/21/08 - 01:19 am
Wonder what 'Ol Sam Nunn is

Wonder what 'Ol Sam Nunn is doing sniffing around DC these days?

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/21/08 - 01:21 am
Maybe the Ranter would like

Maybe the Ranter would like for Congress to take this time to raise the Gas Tax.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/21/08 - 01:31 am
Good Morning to all of the

Good Morning to all of the Gang. Glowndarktatas, Namasta, PTHS, KathySueLoudermilk,Trouble, White Trash, Rolling Eyes, Patricia Thomas, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, GO BAMA 08 ROLL TIDE, Fire N Ice, Baroness, jack, and a belated, special shout out to your friend and mine, Karmakill123.

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 01:53 am
Aw, morning Tujeez, pths and

Aw, morning Tujeez, pths and ya'll! WooT(4 tatas), I do believe you got us all in there, dude. lol (': What, none for real? LOL

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 01:53 am
I think he's, like, gone now

I think he's, like, gone now anyway...lol

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/21/08 - 02:15 am
Good morning

Good morning insomniacs....lol

As It Is
As It Is 11/21/08 - 02:37 am
From Biz Bits in todays AC:

From Biz Bits in todays AC: Members of the DDA of Augusta will travel to Little Rock, Ark., in January to get a first-hand look at its streetcar system. Upon return, authority members will set a public input session. The engineering firm hired to complete a study on whether a streetcar system is feasible for Augusta should have its work done in March, said Margaret Woodard, the DDA's executive director. The firm, URS, will be paid $40,000 for the study from local sales tax money. Sorry, but this should make more news than just a blip in the biz bits. This $40,000.00 in wasted tax payer money to study spending millions for silly trolleys downtown is ridiculous. Now, they are about to spend more tax money to travel to Little Rock and see how the trolleys operate. How about just watching it on video and speaking with their commissoners and others not that it even matters because we are not Little Rock and we absolutely do not need trolleys which we can't even begin to afford. They would never be self sufficient and the cost as reported by the AC is in the millions to cover 4.5 measly miles. We MUST STOP Wasting tax payer money. This is truly ridiculous.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/21/08 - 02:40 am
Can we get bail out money to

Can we get bail out money to support this future screw up???

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 02:41 am
Morning putt too...don't cha

Morning putt too...don't cha just LOVE those huge ads that drop down so you can't see?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/21/08 - 02:42 am
Morning, nammy...how's the

Morning, nammy...how's the hubby?

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 02:43 am
A royal pain in my

A royal pain in my butt....why? LOL Aren't they all? If not, then can I send mine back?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/21/08 - 02:49 am
No refund/ no exchange

No refund/ no exchange policy...for better or OMG how much worse can it get???

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 02:53 am
Oh crap, then I got the how

Oh crap, then I got the how much worse can it get, huh? What a dud. Guess I'll have to throw him back....lol.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/21/08 - 02:54 am
He ain't that small....LOL

He ain't that small....LOL ...Is he an Obama fan? I know you are somewhat ambivalent...

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 02:56 am
nope...neither...guess I

nope...neither...guess I lucked out there huh? lol

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/21/08 - 02:59 am
Just rolled over & thought I

Just rolled over & thought I would check on you wild posters...back to bed for sleepy little 4Putt...nite nite...: )

Nammy
Nammy 11/21/08 - 03:01 am
nite nite sleep tight...

nite nite sleep tight...

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/21/08 - 04:20 am
Yeah, Sen Nunn and Preident

Yeah, Sen Nunn and Preident Carter. Shining examples of why Georgia is a red state. There is a new t-shirt out that has the puppet-elect's picture on it with the caption "Welcome Back, Carter". Hope it ships in tme for Christmas! G'mornin, namasta and all y'all!

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/21/08 - 04:40 am
I just wish I had a few

I just wish I had a few thousand to lock away in 17% CDs.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/21/08 - 05:06 am
bush has made enough money

bush has made enough money off us gas should be low now..you notice few months after he leaven office the gas prices went way down..................................

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/21/08 - 05:12 am
City of Memphis Issues Bench

City of Memphis Issues Bench Warrant for Barack Obama
Tennessee, infamous for being the city where Martin Luther King lost his life in 1968 will now go down in history as the city that placed the first Black President in the criminal system.

On November 4th an over zealous City of Memphis Public Works employee, “Gene Soucy” cited “Barack Obama” personally and not the local campaign office for the placement of campaign signs in areas that the city states they should not be.

Obama court date was set for yesterday and after the President -elect did not appear a bench warrant was about to be rendered in General Sessions Div 14 by a judge that was sitting in for Judge Potter who was absent from his bench on yesterday.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/21/08 - 05:13 am
The word of this foolish act

The word of this foolish act got to attorney Javier Bailey who also is a Democratic State party member who went in and got the date reset for December 8, 2008 at 1:30 PM.

On the very same day that he became President of the United States of America where he was voted into office by millions,He also received a booking number “08725976.”

I spoke with Public Works Director Dwan Gilliom who stated that he had been expecting my call and was about to refer me to Toni Holliman the spokesperson for mayor Willie Herenton. But as our conversation continue we both found that there no need to call with Holliman because I had more information about the matter then either of them. Gilliom was unaware that President -Elect Barack Obama now had a booking number and wondered why Soucy didn’t confer with him on the matter.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/21/08 - 05:14 am
to see for yourself, click on

to see for yourself, click on http://jssi.co.shelby.tn.us/ and type in “barack obama” under gs case history.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/21/08 - 05:15 am
E-mail Warning Shoppers of

E-mail Warning Shoppers of Closing StorA bogus e-mail about a number of well-known businesses closing is landing in inboxes all over the city. Reporter Samantha Suttle clears up the confusion.

On Wednesday, I called more than a dozen local stores and they all had the same response: “Where is this coming from?”

The e-mails in question alert shoppers of businesses that are closing or are scheduled to close. The e-mail suggests you not use credit cards at the listed stores or buy gift cards there either. It claims the gift cards will not be honored after the holidays. However, many of the managers at these Sioux City stores say this information is simply not true and is damaging to business. Some of the stores listed include Eddie Bauer, Talbots, J. Jill, Sprint/Nextel, Home Depot and JCPenney.

The Talbot and J. Jill companies have even issued a statement: “We do not plan to close all Talbots and J. Jill brand stores and there is absolutely no concern in buying a gift card from either brand this holiday season… Talbots and J. Jill remain open in Sioux City at Lakeport Commons.”

es is Bogus................

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/21/08 - 05:15 am
SMH - When did President Bush

SMH - When did President Bush "leaven" office?

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/21/08 - 05:21 am
SMH, Maybe the President will

SMH, Maybe the President will pardon Obama for the offense.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/21/08 - 05:29 am
morning all, lots of rants

morning all, lots of rants against paul broun this morning, wonder who the ac is endorsing?

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/21/08 - 05:30 am
smh, last i checked bush will

smh, last i checked bush will be in the office until jan 20, and gas prices started going down before the election........

white_trash
white_trash 11/21/08 - 05:32 am
I thought Obama was president

I thought Obama was president elect at this time. When was the consitution hanged so that Obama became president on election day? Thought the president elect became POTUS upon swearing in.

wildman
wildman 11/21/08 - 05:36 am
Can the nice lady that called

Can the nice lady that called Austin Rhodes yesterday on his show and agreed to hold him three very good seats for an upcoming event do the same for me? If I'm not mistaken she works for the new company that manages the entertainment venues. Some things never change.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs