Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

RANT TO CONGRESS for considering bailing out the auto industry. Absolutely not. All they need to do is do away with the unions, and they will have enough money to keep themselves afloat.

THAT SITUATION concerning the chimes at the Blythe Methodist Church could be easily settled if the people concerned just trade homes, then the Keysville Road people would be right next door and the people by the church would be on Keysville Road. Problem solved.

I THANK THE FOOD BANK in Augusta for what you give, but I do believe that around this holiday time they can do better. They didn't even have a can of cranberry sauce and no dressing, nothing pertaining to the holidays. And in December they could give people gift cards so we could go out and get what we wanted, not give us stale food that's outdated. Just 'cause you're poor, they think that they can shove anything down your throat, and that's wrong.

IF YOU CONTROL the world's economies, then you control everything. George Orwell's 1984 is just around the corner. Just give it a couple of years.

I SAY OPEN UP some more stores downtown like the ones we've got several locations of like Big Lots, T. J. Maxx and several other stores that we have more than one location of.

FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE who whine about guys with baggy pants, I don't see what the big deal is. You people are probably just racist to begin with.

A BIG RAVE TO the gentleman who gave a tow to our sailboat last Wednesday. God bless you.

KingJames
KingJames 11/19/08 - 02:17 am
Good morning. I have been at

Good morning. I have been at work since 8 a.m. yesterday and I don't know when I'm going home. This seems to be the only way I could be up to be first on here. I hope it doesn't happen like this again anytime in the near future.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/19/08 - 02:39 am
KJ - Be thankful your

KJ - Be thankful your business is booming! Hang in there, CHANGE is coming!

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/19/08 - 02:44 am
Okay, I've got to know.

Okay, I've got to know. Before I take a donation to the food bank, do you prefer cranberry jelly or the preserves with the berries? Are the pre-made pie crusts from the freezer okay, or do you prefer the ones from the refridgerator that you must pre-bake before adding the cans of pumpkin filling? Is Cool-Whip okay for topping, or would you prefer cartons of cream to whip your own up? Are regular turkeys okay, or do you like free-range organic never-frozen ones? Oh yeah, stale bread is a great base for stuffing, I'll drop off the recipe too. Really, I'd hate to spoil anybody's holiday. We OWE it to you to make you happy. Obama '08!

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/19/08 - 02:49 am
Did Somali pirates come out

Did Somali pirates come out on the lake and steal the sails from your boat?

Nammy
Nammy 11/19/08 - 03:07 am
Morning pths & ya'll! I know

Morning pths & ya'll! I know a dear old lady that gets these free giveaways (she can barely make ends meet with the lil she gets from SS-try living on $600./mo. and you'll see how it feels.) And yes, there is more than half that is trashed as outdated items-EVERY month. Which could have been done at the distributors location. That's just stupid to think cookies from '06 will thrill anyone. Jeez...

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/19/08 - 03:21 am
Top 'O the mornin to you all,

Top 'O the mornin to you all, see ya when the sun comes a shining.

kat30815
kat30815 11/19/08 - 03:24 am
The UAW is a necessary evil.

The UAW is a necessary evil. If it weren't for them the auto workers would be better off getting locked in a Walmart overnight. If the corporate number crunchers had it their way you would have minimum wage workers half-way assembling cars and living off foodstamps and medicade, since that would be the only way they could get medical care.

MJ
MJ 11/19/08 - 03:25 am
Oh boy. Do I REALLY get to

Oh boy. Do I REALLY get to tee off on the comment about people being racist if they don't like baggy pants? That's almost too easy...like taking a 1 driver to a par 3 course.

Nammy
Nammy 11/19/08 - 03:35 am
See ya then,

See ya then, Tujeez.---M&J-let 'er rip. (take the either way ya want) And I'll bbl too. Good day to ya'll!

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/19/08 - 03:52 am
I don't mind the baggy pants.

I don't mind the baggy pants. It's good practice for the being prison toys roll that that awaits them in the future. I just smile and say "nice planning".

Nammy
Nammy 11/19/08 - 03:58 am
Or they've crapped in their

Or they've crapped in their britches and it's weighing them down! That's what it looks like from behind.

Nammy
Nammy 11/19/08 - 04:00 am
Yes, past my bedtime...lol.

Yes, past my bedtime...lol. Later taters.

As It Is
As It Is 11/19/08 - 04:12 am
To the food bank commenter:

To the food bank commenter: What entitles you to anything? How and why does the food bank, a local church, or even the government owe you a single thing? Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country? I mean really, to complain about the food and then think someone owes yo a gift card to get what you want. Most of the food bank personnel are volunteers and do their absolut best to bring in everything possible so that some who deserve will do better for the short term and so that many do nothings simply wont starve to death. You and people like you hurt volunterism, donations to organizations and make people who pay taxes want to do aways with food stamps, welfare, section 8 housing, etc. No one owes any of us anything and none of us are entitled to anything so get over yourself and be very thankful we even have a food bank and that people care enough sill after your rudeness to donate to such a cause.

Jillian
Jillian 11/19/08 - 04:15 am
If you knew what true hunger

If you knew what true hunger was you wouldn't be whining about cranberry sauce.

As forrest said- "that's all I gotta say about that" .

methree
methree 11/19/08 - 04:24 am
please, if you don't like

please, if you don't like what has been donated to the food bank then get a job or maybe a second job. then you can buy your own food.

maybe if it was more widely known why baggy pants came about they'd pull them up.

TechLover
TechLover 11/19/08 - 04:35 am
PTHS:Boy the good old

PTHS:Boy the good old Christian charity is overflowing in you as we approach the holiday season. Be thankful that you need no assistance, and please don't be so hateful and judgemental of those less fortunate than you.I suggest you volunteer at a church or other group to help feed the hungry at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Assist a group that provides toys for poor children at Christmas. When you look in the faces of those less fortunate than you and see the look of appreciation on their faces, maybe a small piece of that cold heart will be melted Maybe.

TechLover
TechLover 11/19/08 - 04:39 am
Sorry PTHS: Slow internet. I

Sorry PTHS: Slow internet. I shouldn't have singled you out. Evidently there are many in this area who lack Christian charity.

MJ
MJ 11/19/08 - 04:47 am
Baggy pants is not a racist

Baggy pants is not a racist thing, it's more a stupidity thing. Stupidity, as most may know, is not racist. Stupidity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. What's ironic is that the person who submitted the rant would even entertain the thought of not liking baggy pants = racism. A simple deduction from the whiner's comment would mean that, according to the whiner, it is a specific race that wears baggy pants. News Flash - White guys AND black guys wear those stupid-arse baggy pants. But why? Really? What purpose do they serve? When you have to walk around holding the waistband of your jeans so they don't fall to the ground there is something fundamentally wrong with your choice of clothing. Entertaining the thought that the world thinks you're cool for dressing like a circus clown show how out of touch you really are. Stop idolizing musicians (I'm using that term very loosely) who make money selling an image to you. By attempting to follow in their footsteps you're only helping perpetuate the stupidity. So please, go buy some clothes that fit, stop trying to put forth an image of what you've been taught is cool, and be yourself.

As It Is
As It Is 11/19/08 - 04:53 am
TechLover, lets get a bit

TechLover, lets get a bit real. I have and continue to work food banks, have participated in toys for tots and with the Sheriff's Office delivering of toys to children in need. Many are appreciative and some are not but none have the right to feel entitled or owed anything by anyone. The comments by the ranter today turn many away from assisting in charity and give those who are truly in need of short term assistance a bad name because they expect to be given everything in life and when they don't like what they are given they demand something else and when that isnt good enough they just want you to hand them the money you worked for or as this ranter put it give a gift card. Sure, you should give and help with no expectations and I and many others Im sure will continue to do so but when it comes to knocking the food bank (an organization that gives til it hurts) the ranter has simply gone to far and thinks he/she is entitled. Again, no one in America is or should be owed a single thing. Now, that might change with our new president but lets hope not for the sake of the country.

As It Is
As It Is 11/19/08 - 05:00 am
Young people wear baggy pants

Young people wear baggy pants hanging down and old men wear their pants up way to high around the waist. Just because I or others don't like it certainly doesn't mean we needs laws about it or that it has anything to do with race. Schools have rules as they should so let them enforce dress codes. Employers also have rules and that is fine as well but what someone wants to wear in their own private time so long as they aren't showing what you wouldn't see on a beach - who the heck really cares. Baggy pants offend some, white t-shirts offend others, muscle shirts offend others and short skirts offend some and make others very happy -- in the grand scheme of things, why would anyone worry so much about someone else's clothing choices? And, why would anyone consider laws about it - thats like going back to laws of no dancing cause it lead to sex -- truly amazing that one of our commissoners would even bring this up. You can say it is about respect all you want but if you didnt play it up so much and could care less it wouldn't even be a big deal.

NANF
NANF 11/19/08 - 05:16 am
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about the food bank. If you have enough money to have a computer to play on, then I you must have enough money to go out and by your own cranberry sauce. I think you should get the prize for the most stupid of the day.

TechLover
TechLover 11/19/08 - 05:23 am
As: I agree. I too help out

As: I agree. I too help out and have run into the occasional unappreciative person. We ran into one family who asked for a Playstation. I can't blame the child because I'm sure he heard many of his classmates say they were getting one. His mom should have explained the situation to him. Most I have run into, however, were very appreciative. I hope the ranter doesn't turn anyone off, but the comments were very hateful and I feel they do more damage. I agree as well about the fashion police. I was riding down the Gordon Highway one day and one of the car lots had about a dozen girls in bikinis out front waving at cars. That's OK but baggy pants aren't? Seems like there should be more important things to worry about. WOW! We agree on 2 posts. It's getting scary isn't it?

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/19/08 - 06:07 am
morning all, i have worked

morning all, i have worked for the food bank before, and i have seen the greatful faces, but i have to say that the rant is rediculous, the food bank can not tell people what to donate to them, they are greatful for what they get, and the ranter should be greatful for what he/she gets, atleast he/she has something to feed his/her family.

white_trash
white_trash 11/19/08 - 06:09 am
I recently purchased a used

I recently purchased a used Dodge Intreped, that is all I could afford since I was paying cash. What I can't understand is why the dealer wouldn't give me a new Charger. There were several on the lot, surely he didn't need them all. Where is the charity???

white_trash
white_trash 11/19/08 - 06:12 am
What was racist about the

What was racist about the saggy pants rant? Seems to me all races have their fair share of stupidity.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/19/08 - 06:15 am
the reason people wear saggy

the reason people wear saggy pants is so that they have a excuse to keep their hand in their crotch all day..........must be a man thing........lol

THOMSON
THOMSON 11/19/08 - 06:22 am
If they were given a gift

If they were given a gift card then they would be able to buy beer and cigarettes for the sorry men that they have this children for. I have worked in a grocery store for over thirty years and if you could see the junk they buy you would be shocked. I don't think they know how to cook a pot of dry beans or peas. I grew up poor with six sibling and a single Mother and we never had a hand out and didn't go hungry. My Mother worked in a cotton mill and had little help from my sorry father. I suggest that they try to get a job. All my siblings have worked and never had hand outs either, We were raised with what is called PRIDE! Have a great day.

white_trash
white_trash 11/19/08 - 06:23 am
On a serious note, my

On a serious note, my daughter volunteered at Golden Harvest. They are completely dependant on what is donated to them. If you want the cranberry sauce that bad, I have a little work that needs to be done. Contact me, we should be able to work something out using the old fashioned barter system. Sorry, my mistake, that would take some effort on your part. You should be happy there are people like me who donate so that you can eat. Get real people, welcome to real life.

debby
debby 11/19/08 - 06:23 am
I don't know about the rest

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm grateful that I know how to spell. lol

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/19/08 - 06:27 am
watch it debby, bragging

watch it debby, bragging about spelling always leads to typos......lol