Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

IN RESPONSE TO: "I have a really bad feeling about the next president ..." Getting our country involved in an unnecessary war, sitting on his "laurels" for an entire week while one of the biggest cities is flooded and totally wrecking the economy were all fears listed. Aren't these all things that Bush did? Am I just missing the sarcasm here?

I AM SO ASHAMED of Augusta right now regarding these whiny rants about Barack Obama. We are so behind the times down here. People need to get with the program and realize Mr. Obama can bring a different flavor to our country that is supposed to be a mixture of many different ethnic backgrounds.

DO WE REALLY WANT to accept this socialism pill sitting down?

IF THE COST OF gasoline affects the cost of other items, and the cost of gasoline decreases, can we expect that the cost of those other affected items will decrease?

RANTS & RAVES is full of hateful thoughts about the results of the presidential election. Can we still call this a Christian nation?

PRESIDENT BUSH HAD a Republican-controlled Congress during the first six years of his administration. During that time he did not veto a single bill. Democrats have had a slim majority for less than two years. Why do some blame the Democrats for the economic mess?

THIS IS A RANT to your newspaper. Ever since that socialist communist was elected president, you've been featuring his picture on the front page every day. I don't remember President Bush's picture being on the front page every day after he was elected. Print this if you got the guts and courage to, 'cause you're lilly-livered just like the rest of the communist Democrats.

IT'S REALLY A SHAME that the Rants & Raves is full of rants towards Obama. Whether you like him or not, he has made history for the United States of America.

TO THE 16-YEAR-OLD who thinks Bill Clinton was a horrible person: Well, you don't work and pay taxes. What do you think of President Bush? Is he a horrible person for putting us in a deep, dark hole?

IT IS NOT RACIST not to vote for Barack Obama. If J.C. Watts had run for president, many of the people who refused to vote for Obama would have voted for J.C. Watts. We simply do not want a socialist dictator as president.

THIS IS A BIG RAVE to Augusta's own Lady Antebellum on the award for Country's Top New Artist. We are so proud of you.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/18/08 - 01:02 am
A RAVE to the on-duty

A RAVE to the on-duty webmaster for getting the online site up and functional so early. We'll certainly miss you the rest of the week! Also, the story about the posters (complete with Rose and Rambo's mug shot) is now available online. G'mornin, y'all!

As It Is
As It Is 11/18/08 - 01:31 am
Look, we didn't do the best

Look, we didn't do the best job as Republicans when we had controll and although it seemed to get worse under the Democratic Congress we lost. Support our President but not many of the ideas thus put forward which appear at face value to be socalism. Give him the benefit of the doubt, pray for him and continue to support our country as we should. Don't fall prey to the pettiness and be looking for our leaders of tomorrow who will once again bring true conservative values and fiscal responsibility along with national security to the office and we will be givien another chance to correct our many wrongs. The hatefull comments against our President are so uncalled for and just because others have said hateful things against President Bush does not justify the negativity.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/18/08 - 02:53 am
Delta and USAIR are ready

Delta and USAIR are ready when you are and they may even serve some cheese with that whine. Go to Detroit it if full of your kind.

methree
methree 11/18/08 - 03:37 am
ok! enought!! get over it-the

ok! enought!!
get over it-the election is over!
find something else to rant or rave about!
sylvia -we're going to miss you!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/18/08 - 05:16 am
obama-biden,osama bin laden

obama-biden,osama bin laden does anyone else notice the similarity?

NEone
NEone 11/18/08 - 05:18 am
"Can we still call this a

"Can we still call this a Christian nation?" No.

rbk
rbk 11/18/08 - 05:23 am
The real shame for Augusta is

The real shame for Augusta is that both sides are so totally obsessed with refusing to give an inch and with name calling and playing the blame game, that they can't accomplish anything constructive. If there was a spirit of give and take and tolerance on both sides, all would go a lot better. A problem with this generation is that every one expects the other guy to be tolerant of their opinions, but are totally intolerant of the other guys opinion. Just look at the situation with the Gays in California, the majority spoke and the Gays didn't get their way, so now they are displaying their intolerance by being militant and breaking the law.

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 11/18/08 - 05:28 am
Some of these ranters

Some of these ranters wouldn't know what socialism was if it bit them on the butt. Don't know much about dictators, either. It must be tough waking up everyday and having to look at the world with such narrow vision. Go read some books instead of listening to Limbaugh, people. Try to educate the density right out of your brains! Become better informed on all matters. Bush had his opportunity, and he used it to enrich his buddies in the defense industry instead of governing. The man hasn't a moral leg to stand on. Obama a socialist dictator? That's a reach even for people with no sense at all. You people are stewing in an unproductive cauldron, getting further and further behind.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/18/08 - 05:33 am
morning all

morning all

MJ
MJ 11/18/08 - 05:48 am
Gays being militant and

Gays being militant and breaking the law? What are they doing? Rolling up in a pink Prius, throwing Skittles out the window and screaming "Taste the Rainbow, beeotches!"? I don't see why gays don't see the problem with them having equal rights. Look at it this way. A heterosexual couple gets married, has kids, years pass, and they get divorced. At that point you have two people that have familial ties to the children via DNA...and two people that are both obligated to the children. If two lesbians decide to adopt a couple of Asian kids (I've seen this in Augusta - two white women with Asian kids) so they can have their version of a family...what happens when the relationship between these two women falls apart? You're left with a situation where neither woman is the maternal parent to these kids...does one woman sue the other for child support? Do they send the kids to a home? Instead of looking at this as a matter of equal rights people need to see the big picture and understand that the ramifications are MUCH larger than just the rights of the gay couple to have a fancy wedding.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/18/08 - 06:29 am
Augusta Chronicle--YOU SHOULD

Augusta Chronicle--YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! We are so sick of seing the same old rants and raves your staff certainly loves to stir the pot. Okay so we know Obama was elected--enough already!!! Quit trying to make it worse--The media always start everything and boy do they know how to keep it going. I know you have got have other rants and raves in there. Like PTHS getting me a bra--or going to Golden Corral with Rose and her son. COME ON

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/18/08 - 06:44 am
Ok, Topic for Today, Soup

Ok, Topic for Today, Soup Recipes. Let's change the R&R to a cookbook. The only race we'll tolerate is the race to see who has the best recipe!!!

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 11/18/08 - 06:46 am
Actually Lobo, its easy to

Actually Lobo, its easy to wake up everyday with narrow vision. It is the effort to become informed that is hard. Of course, this lazy bunch always has PT to tell them what's what.

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 11/18/08 - 06:47 am
If you think Augusta is the

If you think Augusta is the only town expressing opinions about O that you don't like, go to the Wall Street Journal or any other paper in the U.S.
It's not just Southerners feeling this way. I just wish all the Republicans would have got out and voted.

Martinez
Martinez 11/18/08 - 06:51 am
M&J - That has to be one of

M&J - That has to be one of the most rediculous arguements I have ever seen concerning gay marriage. Couples, yes even hetrosexual couples adopt children too. If the marriage or union does not work, they are still obligated to act as co-parents which can mean shared custody or one parent having primary custody and the other paying child support. The law is not suppose to favor one gender parent over the other in matters of child custody so what would it matter if both parents were the same gender? While less common in my generation, my children have had plenty of friends with same sex parents. In many cases, those families are more loving, supportive and active in their children's lives then some hetro couple/families. The biggest challenge for the children of same sex parents is growing thick skin to endure the hurtful comments and ridicule of people who believe it is their duty to judge others.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/18/08 - 06:52 am
Anyone have a recipe for Crow

Anyone have a recipe for Crow Soup, some on here will need it after next January!

Nammy
Nammy 11/18/08 - 06:53 am
tatas...I'ma gonna report

tatas...I'ma gonna report your post so they'll definately get the idea...m'k? Thanks.

Nammy
Nammy 11/18/08 - 06:54 am
Oops, and morning pths and

Oops, and morning pths and ya'll!

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/18/08 - 06:57 am
Yeah!!! I finally get a

Yeah!!! I finally get a reported post I feel so dang special this morning already

charliebrown
charliebrown 11/18/08 - 07:02 am
Now I'm a communist for being

Now I'm a communist for being a democrat!! I love ignorant people! I'm a very left liberal!!

Nammy
Nammy 11/18/08 - 07:02 am
Are we eating crow now, cbbp?

Are we eating crow now, cbbp? lol We're suppose to I hear. Bring it on.

Nammy
Nammy 11/18/08 - 07:03 am
That's a done deal,

That's a done deal, tatas...you are "special" for today. (':

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/18/08 - 07:05 am
God I am getting so

God I am getting so excited--First I get a post reported and 2nd--I am special today YES I love Augusta lol

Nammy
Nammy 11/18/08 - 07:06 am
LOL--don't get your panties

LOL--don't get your panties in a wad...lol.

Nammy
Nammy 11/18/08 - 07:06 am
Maybe pths will buy you more?

Maybe pths will buy you more?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/18/08 - 07:09 am
lol - Discretion, discretion,

lol - Discretion, discretion, discretion ;-) G'mornin' crazy ladies.

charliebrown
charliebrown 11/18/08 - 07:10 am
M & J...I am the woman you

M & J...I am the woman you are talking about and I have every right to have children...expect unlike a lot of fathers I will always be there for my children. So get a grip! You are not the knower of all things or the judge of all people so keep you lips zipped unless you have something intelligent to say!

white_trash
white_trash 11/18/08 - 07:11 am
tata's, you are special even

tata's, you are special even without the glow. Hope you are doing well.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/18/08 - 07:13 am
lol namasta--I just told my

lol namasta--I just told my hubby to stick with jewelry this year and give me a gift card for the rest lol but if PTHS insist I will take them from him though lol

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 11/18/08 - 07:14 am
charlie- we all express our

charlie- we all express our opinions here! It's our right as well as yours.