Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU REPORT "6.8 percent of (Augusta area) homes in foreclosure." So, 93.2 percent of the Augusta area suffers for these greedy gamblers who bet on a super long shot and lost?

I AM A WHITE American who voted for John McCain. The Christian attitude -- and one I have -- is I will respect my new president, pray for his safety and have an open mind.

WHY MUST THE CHRONICLE run a front section story about a kids' play that brainwashes our youth with the idea that because a homosexual got murdered, his being a homosexual makes him a hero?

I JUST WISH THAT everyone would sit back and give our new president a chance.

PAUL BROUN IS the rabid right's version of Cynthia McKinney.

HUGE RANT TO Augusta Groove. Shame on you for once again making commitments to respectable organizations in the CSRA only to back out in the last hour.

THIS ELECTION HAS BEEN nothing but racial and not by color. I always had said it's not the president that runs the country; it's Congress. So stop blaming the president for our problems.

THANK YOU, BARACK OBAMA, for making all of the closet racists dust off their hoods and sheets and show their true colors.

I DON'T THINK I will ever recover from this election. I am deeply concerned for my country right now. It's too bad that so many people didn't see Barack Obama for the socialist that he is.

I AM A DEMOCRAT who voted Republican for the second time in my voting history. It's just that I don't trust anyone with the name of Hussein.

DO WE NEED PROOF that the U.S. government has grown madly out of proportion and far more than the Founding Fathers ever intended? For the change over from Bush to Obama, 3,000 new people will be appointed to jobs. That's bigger than many towns in the U.S. and it's insane.

A RAVE FOR CNN News for its on-screen translations of Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson's comments about the economy. I'm beginning to catch on -- sort of.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/17/08 - 02:16 am
"Nice job" on selecting the

"Nice job" on selecting the R&R's for today, this should really help calm the race fires. A RAVE for having the site updated and functional (as always on these days of the week).

As It Is
As It Is 11/17/08 - 02:16 am
According to the poles over

According to the poles over 94% of black voters voted for Obama and a large portion of those voters just registered this year. While I am sure there are whites that wouldn't vote for Obama because he is black there certainly are blacks that only voted for Obama because he is black. Go anywhere in America and you will see that race seperates most of us. As long as everyone is given the same opportunities and we respect each other for who we are no matter what race then what does it really matter? We are all different. different cultures, different values, different beliefs, etc. and that is what makes America great and we are also all Americans, not African Americans or Asian Americans or White Americans - just Americans. Anyone can be whatever they want to be in America. Arguing that point just became much more difficult as we now have a 1/2 white and 1/2 black President. The problem isn't with race it is with those who do vs. those who don't. You can sit around and wait on the Govt. to take care of you (as many whites and blacks both do) or you can take personal responsibility and make it happen. With hard work, anyone can succeed if they really try.

MaryPlayer
MaryPlayer 11/17/08 - 02:45 am
Find another dog to kick. I

Find another dog to kick. I didn't vote for Obama because I didn't want to vote for Obama. I don't like Obama, I don't respect Obama and I don't agree with Obama's socialist, marxist agenda. His change will be valued at 2 cents just like this comment. I can't wait for all Obamaniacs to start yelling for a do-over.

MJ
MJ 11/17/08 - 02:49 am
So if a white person doesn't

So if a white person doesn't vote for Obama they're labeled racist? If these tools would do a bit if research they'll find that Obama received a higher percentage of white voters than McCain received from black voters. It sickens me to hear people espouse civil rights, racial equality, etc...then turn around and vote for a person based not on political philosophies and ideals, but instead vote based on skin color. Why? To make history. That's about the most obscene, lame-arse reason I've ever heard of to vote someone into the highest office in the country. I'm smart enough to know that Obama isn't black but instead half Kenyan and half white. When it came time to vote his genetic makeup played absolutely no part in my decision...unlike millions of "new voters" that were showcased in the media "turning out in record numbers" so they "could be part of history". As I watched election coverage I DID see racism in action. The Black Panthers were outside a polling station in Philly "for security". But wait - that's not racist! If the tools on the other side of the fence, the KKK, had been outside a polling station in the south they would have been arrested. Tell me, where's the racism?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/17/08 - 03:32 am
M&J - You got it pegged.

M&J - You got it pegged.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/17/08 - 03:39 am
It's all a farce - He is the

It's all a farce - He is the token "black" man puppet. Look at his cabinet selections and ideas. "Change" back to Clinton and Carter. They (Pelosi and Reid) will only tolerate him as long as he serves a purpose. At least Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Rev Wright and Al Sharpton are leaders. This elect is just a toy to play with until they are bored with him. It won't take long.....

Jillian
Jillian 11/17/08 - 05:31 am
If I only want my coffee

If I only want my coffee black, am I a racist? lol

wildman
wildman 11/17/08 - 05:40 am
Comment not needed,

Comment not needed, MaryPlayer and M&J put it in perspective.

christian134
christian134 11/17/08 - 05:53 am
Good morning all:-) Ya'll

Good morning all:-) Ya'll have a safe day...As to the racist and racially based comments concerning the election just "stuff" it so to speak...The President is Obama...He was voted in primarily because of color and a heightened sense of "change" via the media and a profound dislike for Bush plus a greater want for someone anyone to come to their economic aid no matter the consequences...No more racial card playing game...It is over and done with...What is left are people being responsible for their own actions and moral behaviors...No more blame game Americans...It is time to grow up put the organizations for one race's benefit away and take life as it comes...The government, as we have known it, is about to take a turn towards socialist ideology...If that happens you who voted for this man and the Democratic Congress will come to despise it for taking over your lives...Pray for this nation, the President, and the men and women who will come into play for the next four years...

corndog69
corndog69 11/17/08 - 06:03 am
hey look at the bright side

hey look at the bright side of the election now there is something new to add to black history month,tired of hearing about the same ol folks every feburary any way.

atsugua13
atsugua13 11/17/08 - 06:12 am
relax my excited Obama

relax my excited Obama supporter friend. We will wait and see what happens. No use getting so exited until he at least becomes the president. which apparently you dont know but it isnt for another two months. LOL

rbk
rbk 11/17/08 - 06:22 am
It never ceases to amaze me

It never ceases to amaze me how gays, minorities and liberals all cry for tolerance from the conservatives. That is, until the majority speaks, like they did in California, then they themselves are unable to display any tolerance at all, and they become militant because they didn't get their way. If conservatives were as intolerant as the gays, minorities, and liberals, we would be out rioting right now because our candidate lost in the presidential election. As to not voting for "O" because of his color, there may be some truth in that for a minority of whites, but I based my vote against him because of what he stood for and for what he didn't stand for. Color had nothing to do with my vote. If Herman Cain had been running, I would have voted for him. (for those of you who don't know who Herman Cain is, he happens to be a Black man) I did vote for Herman Cain when he ran for the Senate in the primaries 4 years ago. Minorities and Racists are always ready to cry foul when they can't have their way.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/17/08 - 06:31 am
Unlike 95 percent of the

Unlike 95 percent of the blacks I will not lie about not voting for Obama. His color has little or nothing to do with my vote. I did not vote for him because of his stand on Issues the few that he stated during his travels. Most of the issues he was either vague on or would not answer with straight convictions. He and the sorry azzed wife of his have been so un-American all of her life that is not my statement that was hers "For the FIRST time in my LIFE I am Proud to be American", so for the rest of her life she was not proud. Obama did not wear an American lapel pin until confronted, he would not stand at attention and heart salute the flag the nation he wants to lead until confronted, he has made a mockery of the American Flag with his emblem which is totally unlawful under American Law. His association with key persons proves without question he has no morals when it comes to getting what he wants. He will lie, cheat and steal to get his way. A large Percentage of the blacks did not know where he stood on issues, did not care where he stood, he is just their messiah. I even saw interviews where they thought Sarah Palin would be a good VP along side of Obama.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/17/08 - 06:32 am
morning all, if voting

morning all, if voting against obama in this election makes me a racist, what does voting against kerry in the last election make me??? anti "war hero"? if so, then why did i vote for mccain in this election????

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/17/08 - 06:34 am
Obama is like a piece of

Obama is like a piece of candy with a vinegar center. Dip it in Choc and it is good untill you get to the filling. Obama is like that covered in Choc he is Great but when you get to the filling he is nothing but a Lying Pile of Horse Crap.

factchecker
factchecker 11/17/08 - 07:11 am
I'm not a racist I believe

I'm not a racist I believe that God can allow the anti-Christ to be black.....lol.

factchecker
factchecker 11/17/08 - 07:14 am
Even the non-Christians know:

Even the non-Christians know: "FOR CHRISTIANS OUT THERE, are you really going to tell me that Barack Obama being elected was not in your God's plan? Works in mysterious ways, right?" ---I say it's not in "mysterious" ways. Revelations clearly talks about the anti-Christ. hehe

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/17/08 - 07:32 am
I think of how the radical

I think of how the radical left reacted when Bush won the election. Law suits, refusal by the Clintons to recognize the results of the election. The poor "turn over" Clinton gave. The damaged equipment the administration left for Bush and the damaged and missing records. The endless dirty tricks pulled by the Dem congress and the horrible and biased stories printed by the left wing press and the stories broadcast by the networks. Open minded, tolerant, give him a chance? Yes, the Repubs won't act like the left. We won't close our eyes to his record and we will be aware of his actions, but we'll support our president like the left didn't.

sick of taxes
sick of taxes 11/17/08 - 07:41 am
Hey Obama!!! ......Where is

Hey Obama!!! ......Where is my check ???????

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 11/17/08 - 07:44 am
One life, one breath, one

One life, one breath, one destiny.. I have faith there will be a change, positive or negative, the change will come..

christian134
christian134 11/17/08 - 07:47 am
Can't dispute that

Can't dispute that LadyCisback...Nope not at all...:-)

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 11/17/08 - 07:55 am
Well the NORM is at it again,

Well the NORM is at it again, the chronicle has race baited the R&R and here you have it, it's own now. Sad. Why do they allow this, again I dare say it's mainly in the south.

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 11/17/08 - 07:55 am
What a hoot you gave me this

What a hoot you gave me this morning PT. You rabid republicans turned your backs on your own president. His approval rating is not just composed of democrats. His own party treats him like the "anti-christ." Yep, ya'll are tolerant alright.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/17/08 - 07:58 am
WOW I think we have to start

WOW I think we have to start our own rants and raves this is ridiculous!!! I agree with PTHS what a way to feed the fires on this racism issue. I didn't vote for Obama and trust me I am not racist and neither are my children atleast not until this election. You should see the stuff they are coming home from school repeating. A true shame!!!! I have no choice but to accept who our country picked as a POTUS, and I really hope that he proves me wrong and does a wonderful job. What shall we rant about today--this racism card is getting a little old don't y'all think??

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/17/08 - 08:02 am
It's old for me - I love this

It's old for me - I love this "unity" notion. It's almost as pathetically funny as "Get over it".

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/17/08 - 08:04 am
Oh come on PTHS why don't you

Oh come on PTHS why don't you just get over it and you and I can be joined in unity. lmao Had to try to make ya smile this a.m.

christian134
christian134 11/17/08 - 08:04 am
Racism is dead...We no longer

Racism is dead...We no longer have to worry about not being on equal footing...We have crossed all boundaries...So what are we going to do? What are we to do?...Oh I know...We can all take personal responsibility for our own actions never to blame another for them again...How does that sound?...:-) I believe it is a plan long overdue...

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/17/08 - 08:04 am
tatas - Well done, thank you!

tatas - Well done, thank you! ;-)

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 11/17/08 - 08:06 am
Jack--the south is not the

Jack--the south is not the only ones that are harping about this election. The hate crimes have gone up everywhere. Even in my good ole' PA town and clear over to Kansas. I would love to know where you think that this race issue only happens in the south. Do you get out much?? Do you leave the area at all?? I have gone from one end of US to the other end and down and up and trust me it is everywhere.

Boston93
Boston93 11/17/08 - 08:07 am
To: ARE THE WHITE citizens of

To: ARE THE WHITE citizens of Augusta willing to openly admit that they did not vote for Barack Obama because he's black. I dare you.
I didn't vote for him because he was lack, not black.