Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

RAVES TO THE JUDGES who are doing their jobs by staying the execution of Troy Davis because of the serious doubts about his guilt.

ALAS, FOREIGNERS, TOO, got snookered by Obama.

AUGUSTA COMMISSIONERS are considering naming a "proposed" judicial center for a living judge. Bad idea. Don't name any such thing for a living person. Something always comes back to haunt you.

AUGUSTA AREA SCHOOL KIDS and teens, please pitch in to keep our streets litter free. It belongs to you.

I DID NOT VOTE for him, and I do not agree with any of his political views. But now it is my responsibility to pray for him every day. I look forward to the opportunity to fulfilling that responsibility.

RAVE FOR LYNN BAILEY with the Board of Elections. She did an excellent job. We had no problems here in Richmond County. She is a super woman.

HOPE OUR NEW president will send us checks to help us through these bad times instead of sending checks overseas to people that can't stand us.

I WAS IN TRINITY HOSPITAL waiting on my granddaughter to see the doctor. I went in the bathroom and left my wallet in the bathroom, came out. Another lady went in and saw my wallet with everything in it and she brought it out and turned it in to the desk. I want to say thank you.

THIS IS TO ALL those people who think that God chooses who will be president. I think this time God, along with the people of America, obviously made a bad choice.

RANT FOR ALL the Republicans trying to attack Sarah Palin. She was right to call them jerks and cowards, but she should have expected it.

cliff4000
cliff4000 11/16/08 - 10:52 am
tujeez, I agree it is fun. I

tujeez, I agree it is fun. I hope this subject doesn't cause someone to have heart failure or a stroke

SIGHER
SIGHER 11/16/08 - 10:53 am
Hey, nam! It is on the front

Hey, nam! It is on the front page of 'Your Life' section. Big ole pic of Rose and Rambo, and Jack. Information on a few others we know. Check it out!

SIGHER
SIGHER 11/16/08 - 10:55 am
Good morning, Fire! You

Good morning, Fire! You doing ok?

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 10:55 am
lol ok...thanks!

lol ok...thanks!

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/16/08 - 10:58 am
That's Right, you hard

That's Right, you hard working Taxpayers will pay to refurbish the slums of Richmond county. All brought to you by the informed voters who approved the Ammendment to the state constitution.

MJ
MJ 11/16/08 - 10:59 am
...and to

...and to realistineducation...You should change your name to pacifistineducation. Do us all a favor and try not to push your liberal agenda on those that you teach. Better yet...go back to school before you further attempt teaching. The correct spelling is "hypocrites", not hypocrits. "bush" should be capitalized, and, according to you, the Republicans lost the election "do to"...that should read "due to". Kind of ironic how you consider those with a different viewpoint and proper spelling the ignorant ones.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/16/08 - 11:01 am
A RANT TO my neighbor on

A RANT TO my neighbor on Pennsylvania Avenue who stole my Obama sign from my front yard. He admitted doing it and would not apologize or return my sign, which I painted myself.......................lady call the cops and have his a** lock up for stealing out your yard.

cliff4000
cliff4000 11/16/08 - 11:04 am
M&J first of all you are the

M&J first of all you are the one half cocked.lets see have you ever lived in a socialist society or are you like everyone else that twist everthing into a neat little box that conforms to there views.If you noticed how i worded my comment I never said ALL southereners just GOOD-OLD-boys.If you are offended then I guess you fit into that box.We have had 43 Presidents and I'm sure some of them have had worst views than OBAMA. lets see can OBAMA led before we start hurling titles of socialist,marksism and the like

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 11:04 am
turn the page...

turn the page...

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 11:05 am
How come none of the black

How come none of the black racist posters made the story?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 11:06 am
Rose - Did they show you that

Rose - Did they show you that picture before they posted it? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 11/16/08 - 11:11 am
O is mentored by davis his

O is mentored by davis his father figure (who is a marxist). Grandparents lean to marxists ideas. O searches out socialist/marxist teachers. O has 'friends' that are socialists/marxists, racists, terrorists, murderers, felons, etc. plus those during his cocaine use days. O goes to a racist church for 20+ years. O is helped with his writings by the socialist/terrorist, ayers. The plans and positions of O are socialist. --- NOW the blind and gullible dims are surprised and indignant when someone calls him socialst/ marxist. This could be hilarious -- if it weren't so serious. Be Concerned -- Be VERY Concerned!

MJ
MJ 11/16/08 - 11:13 am
Cliff, what you said was "the

Cliff, what you said was "the majority"...not "GOOD-OLD". You made the assumption that those that are unhappy with the election results are unhappy due to what? Race? I'm not twisting anything. I've learned throughout my life in that you HAVE to be able to see things from multiple points of view to fully understand a given situation. I don't need to see Obama in office to say that he has socialist ideals. I can see that from his past actions and voting record in the Senate.

cliff4000
cliff4000 11/16/08 - 11:22 am
i guess everyone cant get

i guess everyone cant get what they want from life. America is truelly great in that everyone can agree to disagree without being disagreable.Lets have our views ,but lets also be willing when the time comes to be able to admit that we may have jump to the wrong conclusion if that becomes the case.

MJ
MJ 11/16/08 - 11:36 am
Cliff, I REALLY hope Obama

Cliff, I REALLY hope Obama proves me wrong, but that's a hard thing to see happening given the man's past voting record.

Rose
Rose 11/16/08 - 12:06 pm
I can't find the Your Life

I can't find the Your Life section of AC on here.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 12:12 pm
I'm giving GatorRaid a break

I'm giving GatorRaid a break until after The Citadel game - frankly I'm embarassed we are playing them. He will be back in Orange and Blue before FSU and 'Bama. Plus, I wanted to pad my posting numbers to give them something to talk about.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 12:13 pm
Rose - I can't find it on

Rose - I can't find it on here either. That is fortunate or there would be many many shattered monitors.

griesella
griesella 11/16/08 - 12:14 pm
Jack is pretty much as I had

Jack is pretty much as I had him pictured. I was wrong about Patricia I had him envisioned ( male of course) with black hair and a beard. Rose looked nothing at all like I thought....
Rose, didn't you get your paper this morning?

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 12:17 pm
factchecker needs to be

factchecker needs to be committed, not just on medication, let's send him to quantanamo bay!!

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 12:24 pm
realist - Where is that? You

realist - Where is that? You are an obamoron poster child.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 11/16/08 - 12:42 pm
real has already been there

real has already been there and doesn't look like it helped him/her. That is one very angry person. Sounds like the exact same style as rose. Doesn't want to discuss anything. Wants to throw out their ramblings, insult and call others names and ignore rational discussion.

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 12:47 pm
I laugh in your faces, you

I laugh in your faces, you fascists. Can't wait until Jan 20th, when we will once again be a prosperous, respected nation.

Rose
Rose 11/16/08 - 01:01 pm
Yes I got a paper, but I

Yes I got a paper, but I thought the article would be online.My daughter-in-law called me and asked me if I found it online.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 01:05 pm
It's wierd that a story about

It's wierd that a story about online posters wouldn't be available online. But I guess if your investigtive reporting experience consists of finding a candy apple at the fair, that might have been a bit much to ask.

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 01:13 pm
realistineducation - fear of

realistineducation - fear of the anti-Christ is not respect. Of course under the anti-Christ prosperity is part of his agenda (for awhile). hehe

Rose
Rose 11/16/08 - 01:15 pm
My guess is that AC did not

My guess is that AC did not want other posters having a field day with negative comments about PT, Jack, and me.

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 01:17 pm
We could have done that here

We could have done that here Rose. I for one chose to say Congrats on the article. Nice to see locals highlighted.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 01:30 pm
Rose - If you would stop

Rose - If you would stop posting things that are 100% factually incorrect then start calling anybody who points out your errors bad names, I promise you wouldn't catch nearly as much grief. Just something to think about. I still like your husband's advice/request best of all.

jack234
jack234 11/16/08 - 02:15 pm
All the fear talk about

All the fear talk about "wealth redistribution" Haven't seen any evidence yet. But, when you grabbing at straws, anything goes. The election is over, someone big won, so lets get with the program and undue the mess and move the country forward with our prayers for our new president. Look like some people are stuck on the "bitter cycle". That cycle serves no one well. I am very proud of our new president and his vision for America. What we need to do (and I will be working your neighborhood) now is to encourage our neighbors and friends to vote for Mr. Jim Martin to complete the vision. I might have to crank up the Jim Martin train and go TOOT, TOOT as we head for the capital. TOOT,TOOOOOT,TOOOT.