Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

RAVES TO THE JUDGES who are doing their jobs by staying the execution of Troy Davis because of the serious doubts about his guilt.

ALAS, FOREIGNERS, TOO, got snookered by Obama.

AUGUSTA COMMISSIONERS are considering naming a "proposed" judicial center for a living judge. Bad idea. Don't name any such thing for a living person. Something always comes back to haunt you.

AUGUSTA AREA SCHOOL KIDS and teens, please pitch in to keep our streets litter free. It belongs to you.

I DID NOT VOTE for him, and I do not agree with any of his political views. But now it is my responsibility to pray for him every day. I look forward to the opportunity to fulfilling that responsibility.

RAVE FOR LYNN BAILEY with the Board of Elections. She did an excellent job. We had no problems here in Richmond County. She is a super woman.

HOPE OUR NEW president will send us checks to help us through these bad times instead of sending checks overseas to people that can't stand us.

I WAS IN TRINITY HOSPITAL waiting on my granddaughter to see the doctor. I went in the bathroom and left my wallet in the bathroom, came out. Another lady went in and saw my wallet with everything in it and she brought it out and turned it in to the desk. I want to say thank you.

A RANT TO my neighbor on Pennsylvania Avenue who stole my Obama sign from my front yard. He admitted doing it and would not apologize or return my sign, which I painted myself.

THIS IS TO ALL those people who think that God chooses who will be president. I think this time God, along with the people of America, obviously made a bad choice.

RANT FOR ALL the Republicans trying to attack Sarah Palin. She was right to call them jerks and cowards, but she should have expected it.

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 09:33 am
Obama won by 52 percent of

Obama won by 52 percent of the POPULAR votes. That is a far cry from this country being united. THe electoral college has outlived it's usefullness and needs to be abolished. Even if we elected a President by popular vote the prescious Obama would have won but he would realize that the win was not a MANDATE FROM THE PEOPLE. How many states you win should have no bearing on the election. And some people wonder why others think their vote doesn't count. Democrats votes in Georgia didn't count any more than Republican's votes in California.

christian134
christian134 11/16/08 - 09:33 am
Concerning the hand-painted

Concerning the hand-painted Obama sign just remember ranter that the person who took it was just getting his share of the "wealth" from Obama's policy of sharing> to you> to the person who needed the proceeds from most likely selling the sign...Isn't that how it is supposed to work under Obama's sharing policy?

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 11/16/08 - 09:34 am
I did lose my job!

I did lose my job!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/16/08 - 09:35 am
What a moron. Even as a joke

What a moron. Even as a joke to say that he think GOD made a bad choice. Only a know it all republican would think that they know more than GOD.

Bantana
2071
Bantana 11/16/08 - 09:38 am

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-obama-racial,0,73278... ______________________________I pray for the safety of the President-elect

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 09:40 am
HYPO - I'm with you. Even as

HYPO - I'm with you. Even as a republican I think God knows exactly what He is doing. Remember, His word fortells of the anti-Christ coming to power. ROFL

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/16/08 - 09:43 am
Maybe he has already been in

Maybe he has already been in power?

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 09:44 am
Fire_n_Ice - Richmond County

Fire_n_Ice - Richmond County Sheriff's Office is hiring for jailers.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 11/16/08 - 09:45 am
thx

thx

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 09:45 am
Nope hasn't already been in

Nope hasn't already been in power. The anti-Christ becomes the one-world leader. And what have they said about Obama uniting the world? Yuppers I think we HAVE a WINNER.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/16/08 - 09:49 am
Well, forgive me if I wait on

Well, forgive me if I wait on a more reliable source than a poster on the Chronicle site.

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 10:02 am
All I can say is look at the

All I can say is look at the headlines. If Obama is mortally wounded and comes back stronger than ever - hold on to your hats because it's going to be a bumpy ride. And being a saved Jew (Messianic) and an enlighted Jew that didn't actually vote for him I'm looking forward to the rapture.

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 10:06 am
Yes, Fire-good luck with your

Yes, Fire-good luck with your job-hunting. I'm sorry to see it for ya bud.

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 10:09 am
factchecker--you're a

factchecker--you're a hoot....lol

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/16/08 - 10:10 am
I am not even going to

I am not even going to comment on that one.

justthefacts
21956
justthefacts 11/16/08 - 10:11 am
realistic must think the

realistic must think the $250K is lifetime earnings.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/16/08 - 10:21 am
I guess Dr.(?) Bedden had to

I guess Dr.(?) Bedden had to get busy rezoning the A-RC School System. Too bad, we were just getting cognizant sentences out of Him. Maybe he'll come back for an encore. Get those "Thinking Caps" on.

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 10:23 am
Thanks namasta I do try to

Thanks namasta I do try to lighten up people's days. Especially since there may not be that many more of them.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/16/08 - 10:23 am
tujeez, i am praying that

tujeez, i am praying that aint dr bedden, my kid is in a richmond county school

SIGHER
SIGHER 11/16/08 - 10:24 am
Ok, I just have to say

Ok, I just have to say it.....CONGRATULATIONS to all of the 'famous' posters on here that made the AC headlines. I am soooo proud of you all. Yes, even you too Rose (nice pic of Rambo) lol!

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 10:27 am
Hypo not gonna comment?

Hypo not gonna comment? WOOt!! Somebody give me a high five.

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 10:29 am
high five ya...

high five ya...

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/16/08 - 10:34 am
They need to give you five

They need to give you five but keep it low.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/16/08 - 10:34 am
Trouble, You have nothing to

Trouble, You have nothing to worry about, Dr. Bedden is FAR too important to tend to the meager task of teaching. When he gets finished with Re-Zoning, I have a sneaking suspicion that your kids will feel like they have been playing Twister, and your pocketbook will look like a Waffle. Don't forget, if they fund urban renewal with those "Newly Approved" Allocation Bonds and can't repay the loans, they WILL raise YOUR taxes to make up the short-fall.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/16/08 - 10:38 am
Cliffey, We all have gotten

Cliffey, We all have gotten over it. We're just speculating on the road never travelled. Ain't it fun. These folks are wound up tighter than Barney Franks joy buzzer.

white_trash
white_trash 11/16/08 - 10:45 am
Cliff, my parents have the

Cliff, my parents have the same complexion as Obama's. Next invalid arguement please.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 11/16/08 - 10:46 am
Realist if you really love me

Realist if you really love me leave your number in the men's room at the I-20 rest stop just inside SC.

easy breezy
easy breezy 11/16/08 - 10:47 am
Did she just say that GOD

Did she just say that GOD made a bad choice? Ok- she's going straight to hell on that one- LOL!

MJ
MJ 11/16/08 - 10:48 am
Cliff, go jump off one. Just

Cliff, go jump off one. Just because someone lives in the south DOES NOT mean that they dislike someone (or didn't vote for them) because of the color of their skin. The reason Obama didn't get my vote is because he's a SOCIALIST that has shown a pattern of voting to take away the rights of citizens to own guns. You making the assumption that those of us that aren't happy with the election results are unhappy because of skin color shows just how racist YOU are. Big deal if Obama is half black...he's also half white. The next time you go off half-cocked and pull a comment like that out of your arse you should try bringing your head with it.

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 10:49 am
SIGHER--where'd you find that

SIGHER--where'd you find that one? I have missed it...somehow here.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.