Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

RAVES TO THE JUDGES who are doing their jobs by staying the execution of Troy Davis because of the serious doubts about his guilt.

ALAS, FOREIGNERS, TOO, got snookered by Obama.

AUGUSTA COMMISSIONERS are considering naming a "proposed" judicial center for a living judge. Bad idea. Don't name any such thing for a living person. Something always comes back to haunt you.

AUGUSTA AREA SCHOOL KIDS and teens, please pitch in to keep our streets litter free. It belongs to you.

I DID NOT VOTE for him, and I do not agree with any of his political views. But now it is my responsibility to pray for him every day. I look forward to the opportunity to fulfilling that responsibility.

RAVE FOR LYNN BAILEY with the Board of Elections. She did an excellent job. We had no problems here in Richmond County. She is a super woman.

HOPE OUR NEW president will send us checks to help us through these bad times instead of sending checks overseas to people that can't stand us.

I WAS IN TRINITY HOSPITAL waiting on my granddaughter to see the doctor. I went in the bathroom and left my wallet in the bathroom, came out. Another lady went in and saw my wallet with everything in it and she brought it out and turned it in to the desk. I want to say thank you.

A RANT TO my neighbor on Pennsylvania Avenue who stole my Obama sign from my front yard. He admitted doing it and would not apologize or return my sign, which I painted myself.

THIS IS TO ALL those people who think that God chooses who will be president. I think this time God, along with the people of America, obviously made a bad choice.

RANT FOR ALL the Republicans trying to attack Sarah Palin. She was right to call them jerks and cowards, but she should have expected it.

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 03:06 am
LOL morning has broken...I'll

LOL morning has broken...I'll post it here so nobody misses this lil tidbit: It was written in 1916 by a minister and advocate for 'liberty' by the name of William j.h. Boetcker. ● THE TEN 'CANNOTS'● ...● you cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging trift. ● you cannot strenghten the weak by weaking the strong. ● you cannot help the poor man by weaking the rich. ● you cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. ● you cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence. ● you cannot help small men by tearing down big men. ● you cannot lift up the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. ● you cannot stay out of trouble by spending more than your income. ● you cannot establish security on borrowed money. ● you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themself. these words rang true to me in this election year...a canidates words came to mind 'SPREAD THE WEALTH'!!!!!!!!!!

Nammy
Nammy 11/16/08 - 03:06 am
w00t!! it let me....

w00t!! it let me....

MJ
MJ 11/16/08 - 04:06 am
To the person complaining

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/16/08 - 06:34 am
Good morning Comrades

Good morning Comrades !!!...well put namasta...now we get to watch billiary do their magic with barry,,,this is gonna be a hoot !!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 06:57 am
Wow.....did any of you see

Wow.....did any of you see that crushing defeat that my beloved DAWGS delivered in Auburn yesterday. The War Eagles never had a chance. If not for the 275 points we gave up to Bama & the Gators, we would still be #1 in the world. GO DAWGS!!!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 07:06 am
What many of you thought was

What many of you thought was mere rain, was actually Tiger tears. Adter our defense teased them over & over...we just shut them down in the 4th quarter...much like we did the Mighty Wildcats last week. Again, no wonder we were preseason #1 in the world!!!!!I love my DAWGS!!!

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 07:08 am
G'mornin, y'all. I left a

G'mornin, y'all. I left a 6-pack of beer down by the 5th St bridge. Has anybody seen it?

Paws..
Paws.. 11/16/08 - 07:18 am
GatorRaid, you forgot, you

GatorRaid, you forgot, you strained that six-pack through your kidneys and on to the ground down by the bridge.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 07:24 am
Paws - Maybe I started with a

Paws - Maybe I started with a 12-pack ;-)

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 07:28 am
Boy, old ?Spurrier sure put a

Boy, old ?Spurrier sure put a scare into everyone in the Swamp this weekend. I hope all you Gator friends are all right.....

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 07:29 am
Think how frightening it

Think how frightening it would be if you has the Cocks one week and my DAWGS the next.....

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 07:34 am
Still scared, huh?????

Still scared, huh?????

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/16/08 - 07:37 am
morning all

morning all

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 07:37 am
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about the "stolen" Obama sign. Here's a news flash: It wasn't stolen, simply "redistributed". You worked hard for something and now it's gone. Get used to it. Posted by M&J on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:06 AM------LOVE IT -- Morning all.

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 07:48 am
factchecker and M&J, this is

factchecker and M&J, this is just the mentality one would expect from republican thiefs, from idiots who have no moral conscience, from hipocrits, from people who are so bitter because they lost the election do to mismanagement by the bush administration again. Once again the Democrats will have to clean up the mess left behind by a bush. I laugh in your faces because I find it hilarious that you are so ignorant and stupid. You either need to join those of us who are willing to turn this country around, or move the h--- out of the country, maybe one that is under a dictatorship, that would probably be best for you, as we have lived under one for the past 8 years under the bush administration.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/16/08 - 07:53 am
factchecker and m&j, that

factchecker and m&j, that came from a person that knows ignorance and stupidity from the inside out, seeing that realist wallows in it day in and day out, in irritating them, you have really achieved something, congratulations.........but i would hold off on moving to another country if it is a dictatorship is what you are looking for........

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/16/08 - 07:56 am
LOL..tut

LOL..tut tut..realisineducation..name calling so early? Don't get your panties in a wad..take your meds and lie down in a dark room.Oh and replace that koolaid with some kinkapoo joy juice. Feel better now ya heah?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/16/08 - 07:58 am
I wonder if realist's mother

I wonder if realist's mother had any children that survived birth.....

factchecker
factchecker 11/16/08 - 08:03 am
Hmmm realistineducation - you

Hmmm realistineducation - you seem to want others to move out of the country that don't agree with your brand of politics. Does that mean it is soooo fragile and WRONG that it cannot withstand scrutiny so you want everyone out that challenges it? I have not seen a dictatorship in this country yet under any President. But if your candidate is the anti-Christ as some suspect we may see it soon.

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 08:06 am
you bigots and evil

you bigots and evil republican asses are really pathetic, you may voice your opinions, as all of us are able to do, under our Constitution, but your rule of hatred and dictatorship is over. ha ha ha

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 08:07 am
I see nothing wrong with

I see nothing wrong with spending the last 8 years under bush!!!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/16/08 - 08:08 am
It would take a real pansy to

It would take a real pansy to complain about that!!!

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/16/08 - 08:08 am
woo hoo, i am a bigot and an

woo hoo, i am a bigot and an evil republican, now there is something to be proud of......

white_trash
white_trash 11/16/08 - 08:11 am
realist yep Barry won. So,

realist yep Barry won. So, where is my check from you. I should recieve it any time under the "Redistribution of Wealth Doctrine". Please hurry, I am a little behind on my bills.

white_trash
white_trash 11/16/08 - 08:12 am
And why should I leave the

And why should I leave the country when Barry is going to provide so much for me???

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 08:21 am
white trash, ask joe the

white trash, ask joe the plumber, oh I'm sorry, he's not a plumber!!

rbk
rbk 11/16/08 - 08:23 am
Namasta, your 2:06 am post is

Namasta, your 2:06 am post is right on. Let's just pray that "O" will come to his senses and change his mind about some things. Some people are able to see the error of their ways and change their minds sometimes. I know he is well educated and very intelligent, and I do believe he is well intentioned, just wrong in some of his thinking. I fear for all of us if he doesn't come to his senses. If he goes along with everything Pelosi & Reid propose, we'll all be in big trouble.

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 08:24 am
white trash, ask joe the

white trash, ask joe the plumber, oh I'm sorry, he's not a plumber!!

white_trash
white_trash 11/16/08 - 08:25 am
But isn't the idea of

But isn't the idea of spreading the wealth one of the reasons Obama was elected. Seems to me that all of his supporters would be the first to give. Practice what you preach.

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/16/08 - 08:32 am
rbk, let's just pray that we

rbk, let's just pray that we can get out of this bush administration before some other tragedy happens, you need to pray for w, not Obama, the man has it together and will move this country forward. You, obviously a Christian, should be more accepting, loving, caring, as Christ preached, am I right? Remove the hatred from your heart, Jesus is ashamed of you.