Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

LOOKS LIKE John McCain's ship sprung a leak and not even Joe the Plumber can fix it.

RANT FOR YOU managers that open restaurants at 4 and 5 in the morning and can't get there on time. It's a shame that employees have to sit out in the parking lot.

IF YOU CAN'T clean up after your dog, please leave him in your house or in your yard.

GOOD MORNING, AMERICA interviews Bill Clinton, who talked about character. Does anyone else think that is ludicrous?

RAVE TO ALL the poll workers at the Warren Road Community Center. Everyone worked efficiently, and the atmosphere was very upbeat and friendly.

WELL, I DID my civic duty. Goody, goody, goody. I stood in line 21/2 hours and voted. I wasn't looking forward to it, 'cause I didn't like my choices, but when I got up to the machine and got my choices, I got a smile. I didn't have to vote for John and Sarah. I didn't have to vote for Barack and Joe. I could vote for Wayne and Bob. Bob and Wayne, I think would do a better job than the other two, so it made my day and made me smile.

THE EDITORIALS in The Chronicle are pathetic.

IF YOU WANT TO know how America will be, read Animal Farm by George Orwell.

I AM DEEPLY disturbed by people who claim to be pro-life and yet support the war effort, whether this be politicians or good, Christian citizens. Somehow, there is a definite disconnect in values and thinking.

RANT ABOUT THE person who says they are letting too much water go downstream in Savannah River. I guess they are more important than International Paper, Savannah River Site, Plant Vogtle and the people that use the Savannah River. I guess them riding around in their boat is more important than all that.

RE: THE POLICE safety and semi-trucks on the Nov. 4 Metro section. If the police would police the semi-trucks speeding down our roads, running red lights and switching lanes without signals, they would do just as much if not more for safety than trying to blame all the problems on the small-vehicle drivers.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 11/10/08 - 01:37 am
The McTitanic sunk a long

The McTitanic sunk a long time ago!!! glub glub

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/10/08 - 03:10 am
Murdering a sinless, innocent

Murdering a sinless, innocent and defenseless child in a womb is quite different from killing somebody that is trying to harm you or others.

christian134
christian134 11/10/08 - 05:41 am
Good morning all:-) Ya'll

Good morning all:-) Ya'll have a great safe day...

christian134
christian134 11/10/08 - 06:13 am
It is most unsettling to open

It is most unsettling to open the paper reading where Prime Minister Brown is urging for a New Word Order in the financial market...He is wanting the U.S. and Europe to get on board providing leadership in the New International Order...Yep this is most disconcerting...

chad6401
chad6401 11/10/08 - 06:16 am
Christian I though i was the

Christian I though i was the only one feeling that way, All i can think of now is a world president.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/10/08 - 06:17 am
morning all, apparently if

morning all, apparently if you dont think it is ok to murder innocent babies, you should also support those innocent little terrorists that flew a plane into the world trade center, the pentagon, and that field in pa. im thinking that this is a quick and easy way to get rid of the prolifers?????

createyourfuture
createyourfuture 11/10/08 - 06:21 am
A rave for all of you who are

A rave for all of you who are up early on a Monday.
A rant for electing Obama. Now Obama intends to indoctrinate your children: "As chief of staff, Emanuel will not be in a position to directly introduce public policy, but his enthusiasm for compulsory service, combined with Barack Obama's own plan to require high school students to perform 50 hours of government-approved service, suggest an unfortunate direction for the new administration."
I thought we abolished slavery in the United States? We haven't had a draft in >25 years. But now this.
BTW, the key words here are "government-approved."

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/10/08 - 06:21 am
I'M A 16-YEAR-OLD, and I

I'M A 16-YEAR-OLD, and I think Bill Clinton was a horrible person, and I don't mind saying so.........................there you have a 16yo republicans response to a 13yo democrat.......lol

createyourfuture
createyourfuture 11/10/08 - 06:24 am
For all you who have a

For all you who have a 401(k), start moving your retirement overseas.
Congressman George Miller from California wsaid, "We're going to have to do something about the tax deductibility of contributions to people's 401(k)s because government's losing money. We're losing money on this," so he's going to propose eliminating the deductibility of whatever you contribute to your 401(k). A plan by Teresa Ghilarducci, professor of economic-policy analysis at the New School for Social Research in New York, contains elements that are being considered. ... Under Ghilarducci's plan, all workers would receive a $600 annual inflation-adjusted subsidyfrom the US government but would be required to invest 5 percent of their pay into a guaranteed retirement account administered by the Social Security Administration." In other words, there is a plan that the Democrats are considering to convert your 401(k) to the Social Security Administration, your 401(k) then administered by the SSA, your private retirement plan becomes owned by the government. "The money in turn would be invested in special government bonds that would pay 3 percent a year, adjusted for inflation."
You have been warned.

christian134
christian134 11/10/08 - 06:30 am
We now have a President

We now have a President coming into office that could very well fall into line with the financial global union...Which if this is coming will eventually topple this nation as a light of strength and hope to others around the world...The only thing I can say for sure is that no matter the outcome we, who believe in Christ, win in the end...But on another more optimistic note maybe Obama will open his eyes and ears and look to this nation and her people's welfare first...One can only hope and pray for this man since he is in there and that is just the way it is...

kiddspur
kiddspur 11/10/08 - 06:34 am
Top of the morning to

Top of the morning to everyone -- GatorRaid you missed the 4:20 Hack -- tying to get a court martial?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/10/08 - 06:41 am
I can't believe that so many

I can't believe that so many people in this country believe that a Muslim president is good for the U.S. That is unless they adhere to the Muslim faith

TechLover
TechLover 11/10/08 - 06:52 am
wiz-I hope your last post was

wiz-I hope your last post was a joke.- and you are truly not that ill informed.

white_trash
white_trash 11/10/08 - 07:07 am
I enjoying discussing

I enjoying discussing politics as much as anyone, but come on people, lets give it a, say 2 year rest, then we can go back to the name calling. Hell, Obama just might do a good job. but not couting on it. Time will tell.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:12 am
Cleaning up after your dog is

Cleaning up after your dog is a responsibility. The "R" word is the governments job. I've been saved.

christian134
christian134 11/10/08 - 07:13 am
:-) patricia

:-) patricia

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:14 am
Thinking the loyal opposition

Thinking the loyal opposition has any idea what "ludicrous" means is ... ludicrous.

factchecker
factchecker 11/10/08 - 07:16 am
In regard to the "New World

In regard to the "New World Order" - Did I not tell you all before the election that Obama could be the anti-Christ? Sure they have said it about other candidates before but there has not been so much discussion of world government or a combined world economy before. And so so quickly after he was elected too. And to the 16 yo. I think Clinton was horrible too. Maybe he was Obama's (the anti-Christ's) version of John the Baptist.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:17 am
Animal Farm, or Clockwork

Animal Farm, or Clockwork Orange by Stanly Kubrick. Right now you can see America reflected in Issac Asimov's "Marching Morons".

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:18 am
Yes, killing babies is

Yes, killing babies is comparable to trying to stop the disease of radical Islam from spreading. Dems are odd.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:20 am
George Bush could fill Clarks

George Bush could fill Clarks Hill anytime he wants. The level is the governments fault. Come Jan. 21, all will be taken care of.

factchecker
factchecker 11/10/08 - 07:20 am
createyourfuture's 4:24am

createyourfuture's 4:24am post fits into the anti-Christ idea too.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:21 am
75% of the wrecks between 18

75% of the wrecks between 18 wheelers and 4 wheeled vehicles are deemed the fault of the smaller vehicle by the investigating police. Personally, I think it's part of the natural selection process.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 07:26 am
createyourfuture, monies

createyourfuture, monies invested in 401(k)s that are absorbed into the new "management" system cannot be inherited by the heirs of the investors. The Obama government sure has good ideas about how to "spread the wealth".

white_trash
white_trash 11/10/08 - 07:32 am
patricia, don't you know that

patricia, don't you know that all of us drivers are just plain unsafe. And the ad campaign is to inform. Most 4 wheel drivers do not have any idea what it takes to operate a big. I am so unsafe that I only have 1 million accident free miles. How many cars can say that. Well, no chargable accidents, I was rear ended once, by you guessed it, a car.

christian134
christian134 11/10/08 - 07:33 am
To the person disturbed by a

To the person disturbed by a Christian's pro-life stance and the support of our military give it some thought and you just might begin to figure it out on your own...But in case your having trouble then let me be the one to enlighten you...The babies are not able to say no to being murdered for good reason which in my book there are no good reasons while on the other hand our military fights for something they believe in, they have a choice...Now do you begin to see the difference?...

PAW
PAW 11/10/08 - 07:41 am
obama is the president, so

obama is the president, so get over it. stop dwelling on how it use to be. white people get over it. stop crying over spilled milk. get over it, get over it, get over it!!!! try again in 4 years

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/10/08 - 07:44 am

Thank you PAW for your Racist insert!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/10/08 - 07:50 am
There is no "getting over"

There is no "getting over" this

griesella
griesella 11/10/08 - 07:50 am
There are more men being

There are more men being gunned down on our streets than are killed at war, yep! "disturbed" has a great disconnect in his/her thinking.