Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

MR. CARL, of Savannah River Keeper Inc., is "surprised" to find trash in the Savannah River? If he's such a hot keeper, why didn't he already know? Besides, he's never been elected to keep the river that his group appears to think they, and they alone, own. Maybe he should just quietly watch the river from the perspective of nature rather than politics.

OBAMA CALLS socialism "opportunity." It's Obama's opportunity to become a dictator.

RAVE FOR THE Columbia County Sheriff's Department for holding a citizens firearms course. It is a great community service.

WHOEVER WAS IN charge of designing the new approach to Bobby Jones Expressway from Scott Nixon Drive should be fired. It is not clear at all.

RAVE TO THE CHILD who spoke up and told she had been touched inappropriately and the mother that cared enough to believe and file the necessary paperwork to put this person in jail.

A RAVE TO the gentleman who paid for two very senior citizens' dinner at Golden Corral on Oct. 29. Thank you.

SOME COMPLAINED THAT Sarah Palin can't pronounce nuclear. Maybe she has never heard Jimmy Carter pronounce it.

I WOULD LIKE to know how much money the city of Augusta could save if we got rid of Fred Russell. The only thing I've seen him do is propose raising our taxes.

I'M CALLING ABOUT Glenn Hills High School. I don't think Glenn Hills is a bad school, but I think the children that go there need some parents to guide them.

A RAVE FOR a salesman in customer service at Toys "R" Us. My grandson was looking for a Thomas the Train outfit for Halloween and she referred me to another store and I found it and I made him very happy

WE ALREADY HAVE socialism here in the United States. It's called Social Security, and if we're smart, we'll get rid of it finally and quit wasting the taxpayers' money.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/08/08 - 09:47 pm
Hahahaha. Someone with a name

Hahahaha. Someone with a name "Does_It_Really_Matter is saying my posts are depressing and hopeless.... The irony. Oh well. That's okay. I had a wonderful day. Got my backyard mowed and some other yard work done. My dad and I had a Sundae and made an exception and actually listened to a live country band together and he and I went for two walks together. A neighbor offered to help me with my yardwork and I declined, but thanked him and said I had to work off the homemade cookies I made and of course, had to sample. He asked if he could have a couple next time I make them (he must have smelled them baking...LOL) and I said I would be glad to share some with him. I told him my son would help me if I needed a hand, and my son did come out and help me a little later. My sister's recovering from surgery and loves the care she is getting, plus she orders meals at that hospital and they bring it to her when she wants them! (No, it's not in Augusta). And the weather was absolutely gorgeous and the leaves are turning, so that was a sight to enjoy as well. Everybody happy now? signed Drama-mama. giggle... well, it's better than Calamity Jane!...snicker...love ya'll anyway..

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/08/08 - 09:53 pm
BTW, Does It Really Matter,

BTW, Does It Really Matter, If I'm a drama mama for commenting on DoubleD's post and link, what is he? He initiated the topic.

KSL
KSL 11/09/08 - 12:32 am
Now that Obama has been

KSL
KSL 11/09/08 - 12:40 am
And I have yet to see an

And I have yet to see an answer to my question about the 660 tons of low grade uranium found in Iraq in 2003 and hidden for years until it could be removed. I have asked the question problably 4 or 5 times. It was reported in July on MSNBC that the mission had been completed and that it was kept secret so as to prevent the uranium from falling into terrorists hands.

KSL
KSL 11/09/08 - 12:44 am
I'm willing to give the anti

I'm willing to give the anti Bush people a chance. But certainly no one reading the AC has stepped up to even comment back to me that I have seen. Maybe, just maybe Bush didn't lie. Maybe he took the abuse from you people in order to keep the US and the rest of the free world safe from this stuff falling into the wrong hands.

Nammy
Nammy 11/09/08 - 01:00 am
And to continue on ksl's

And to continue on ksl's post...and maybe, just maybe, Obama is gonna end up doing nothing any differently then GW has had to do (because of all the resentment this has created)...and because nobody is willing to give in to him or give him any respect for having "bought" his way into office. That certainly is NOT going to do it. And ksl, I remember hearing of uranium hidden away there back then, as well. But it was quickly hushed. Never heard anything more about it. I'm sure it's because it was top secret, now. And all those holes filled with dead bodies too. .............Did anyone else think Obama looked rather "humbled" during his news conference Friday after the heads up he was given on how things REALLY are? He did to me. Still stammered like crazy too. I don't see that ever being any different. Wonder if he now regrets going through with this? Cuz it ain't easy being president, especially when everyone fights you every step of the way.

Rose
Rose 11/09/08 - 01:14 am
KSL seems you were talking

KSL seems you were talking about me at 11:32. The part about being two-faced. You have a lot of nerve!

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/09/08 - 05:53 am
LOL @sweetie rose !!!

LOL @sweetie rose !!!

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/09/08 - 08:49 am
big rant when are ya'll gonna

big rant when are ya'll gonna vote Sheriff Ronnie Strength outta office...it's clear his officers can go around hurting people and he won't do one thing about it....we need a sheriff like Michael Hunt that man runs a tight staff one who don't sit behind the desk and not do anything but play golf....mr hunt see's about his people..he goes around knocking on people door asking do they have any problems around the area some mr strength never have done.

Rose
Rose 11/09/08 - 06:40 pm
chad6401 because we are all

chad6401 because we are all Americans and should be working together for the good of the country.It is time to put the past behind us and look to the future.
Posted by Rose on Sat Nov 8, 2008 7:05 PM

Rose
Rose 11/09/08 - 06:43 pm
Now read KSL 11:32 post.Now

Now read KSL 11:32 post.Now that Obama has been elected, it's time for all of us to be working for the good of the Country. Now that's rich. Where were all of us working for the good of the country before? Why is BO due more pulling together and help than the current Pres.? How two-faced can one get?
Posted by kathysueloudermilk on Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:32 PM

Rose
Rose 11/09/08 - 06:55 pm
So KSL you think I am

So KSL you think I am two-faced. You are one of the most two-faced people I have ever come across. You claimed to be my friend, but you never were. I don't need "friends" like you. We have nothing in common. You think you are so superior to those around you. You need to lay off the bottle. You might learn something.