Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

MR. CARL, of Savannah River Keeper Inc., is "surprised" to find trash in the Savannah River? If he's such a hot keeper, why didn't he already know? Besides, he's never been elected to keep the river that his group appears to think they, and they alone, own. Maybe he should just quietly watch the river from the perspective of nature rather than politics.

OBAMA CALLS socialism "opportunity." It's Obama's opportunity to become a dictator.

RAVE FOR THE Columbia County Sheriff's Department for holding a citizens firearms course. It is a great community service.

WHOEVER WAS IN charge of designing the new approach to Bobby Jones Expressway from Scott Nixon Drive should be fired. It is not clear at all.

RAVE TO THE CHILD who spoke up and told she had been touched inappropriately and the mother that cared enough to believe and file the necessary paperwork to put this person in jail.

A RAVE TO the gentleman who paid for two very senior citizens' dinner at Golden Corral on Oct. 29. Thank you.

SOME COMPLAINED THAT Sarah Palin can't pronounce nuclear. Maybe she has never heard Jimmy Carter pronounce it.

I WOULD LIKE to know how much money the city of Augusta could save if we got rid of Fred Russell. The only thing I've seen him do is propose raising our taxes.

I'M CALLING ABOUT Glenn Hills High School. I don't think Glenn Hills is a bad school, but I think the children that go there need some parents to guide them.

A RAVE FOR a salesman in customer service at Toys "R" Us. My grandson was looking for a Thomas the Train outfit for Halloween and she referred me to another store and I found it and I made him very happy

WE ALREADY HAVE socialism here in the United States. It's called Social Security, and if we're smart, we'll get rid of it finally and quit wasting the taxpayers' money.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 05:58 pm
NLA, All of the XMIL I know

NLA, All of the XMIL I know up to CSM draw the offset retirement. If you were Commissioned that may grant you the difference. If not, you most likely draw the offset and are confusing it for a full draw.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 06:01 pm
As I said before, all xmil I

As I said before, all xmil I know draw offset. There may be some variance due to a "magic" combination but, I haven't seen it.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 11/08/08 - 06:01 pm
Tujeez: No confusion on my

Tujeez: No confusion on my part.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 06:03 pm
I wouldn't encourage you to

I wouldn't encourage you to talk too loudly or enquire at SSA. They DO make mistakes all the time. Just don't bash the others, as I said, the offset is the norm.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 11/08/08 - 06:25 pm
Tujeez: Perhaps this will

Tujeez: Perhaps this will help your XMIL friends who seem to be getting less than they should be. "You can get both Social Security benefits and military retirement. Generally, there is no reduction of Social Security benefits because of your military retirement benefits. You’ll get your full Social Security benefit based on your earnings." See: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10017.html

white_trash
white_trash 11/08/08 - 06:53 pm
People please stay away from

People please stay away from my SS. I will need it. Maybe Barry will increas my benifits because I don't make as much as some people. He can do this by stopping SS payments to those who do not need it. Just another way to spread the wealth.

dani
dani 11/08/08 - 06:56 pm
Obama talked about "payroll

Obama talked about "payroll taxes" which he clarified as social security deductions in the 95% of those who will pay lower taxes.If social security deductions are lessened or terminated on the lower 95%, that will cause even more problems with financing SS.
Am I right? Sorry if this is not clear, I have a dreadful cold... I am going back to bed.

dani
dani 11/08/08 - 07:02 pm
What happened to Sneaky Pete?

What happened to Sneaky Pete? Is he okay? It seems he had some serious medical problem. A transplant?

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 07:28 pm
dani, go get some chicken

dani, go get some chicken soup. It works wonders for the common cold. Remember this everytime you get sick. The oldies are still goodies.

crackerjack
crackerjack 11/08/08 - 07:37 pm
I4PUTT Your Dawgs can of whip

I4PUTT Your Dawgs can of whip azz almost ran out of propellant lol 8:08 post

chad6401
chad6401 11/08/08 - 07:55 pm
Why are the Liberals wanting

Why are the Liberals wanting the Conservative to help them in fixing the problems when all the could do for the last 8 years was bad mouth the President, and not want to do anything to help you just gotta to love those double standards.

chad6401
chad6401 11/08/08 - 07:55 pm
Why are the Liberals wanting

Rose
Rose 11/08/08 - 08:05 pm
chad6401 because we are all

chad6401 because we are all Americans and should be working together for the good of the country.It is time to put the past behind us and look to the future.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:08 pm
Rose. Too bad you couldn't

Rose. Too bad you couldn't work with us in the past. Maybe we'll just play the same games you guys played in the past with us.

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/08/08 - 08:18 pm
lol rose... where have you

lol rose... where have you been for the past eight years???? hypocrite does not even begin to define your ignorant sorry self...............Don't Blame Me...I Voted For Mc Cain !!!!!!!!!

Does_it_really_matter
Does_it_really_matter 11/08/08 - 08:24 pm
Baroness should change her

Baroness should change her name to "Drama-Mama".....reading her posts are just depressing and hopeless.

Rose
Rose 11/08/08 - 08:36 pm
karmakills123 and Tujeez you

karmakills123 and Tujeez you are just sore losers. The election is over. I never wanted Bush to fail. I voted for him in 2000.We will have a new President January 20th whether you like it or not. I am not begging you to do anything, but if you really want things better you will stop your griping and think positive.If you don't want to be a real American, then get out of this country. We don't need you.

Rose
Rose 11/08/08 - 08:38 pm
Does_it_really_matter reading

Does_it_really_matter reading Baroness posts today was refreshing and a good change from her political posts. I enjoy reading about her experiences with crime, etc. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 08:40 pm
omg!!!!!!!! rose just told

omg!!!!!!!! rose just told tujeez and karmakills to get out of the country because THEY are not good americans????????? LMAO

Rose
Rose 11/08/08 - 08:43 pm
so?

so?

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 08:45 pm
just lmao............

just lmao............

Rose
Rose 11/08/08 - 08:45 pm
Look what they said to me.

Look what they said to me.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:52 pm
Rose, I wouldn't go trying to

Rose, I wouldn't go trying to hire myself as a charachter judge if I were you. You are known for your "Associations"

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 08:52 pm
i dont see where that makes

i dont see where that makes them bad Americans, it is their opinion, and they are entitled to it, as good Americans, they dont feel that they can stand by and watch the country that they love go down the toilet........if that made people a bad americans, this country would be empty

_iamabadamerican
_iamabadamerican 11/08/08 - 08:54 pm
snake willy says he likes it

snake willy says he likes it tho!!!

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 08:59 pm
speaking of bad

speaking of bad americans...........how you doing?

_iamabadamerican
_iamabadamerican 11/08/08 - 09:16 pm
T, if you are talkin to me,

T, if you are talkin to me, fine as frog hair on a misty morning!

chad6401
chad6401 11/08/08 - 09:16 pm
I served this country in many

I served this country in many battle fields, and to watch the Marines recuiting office in SF get fire bombed, the Marines could not even get off the plane in SF they had to go to another airport the very same district as the speaker of the house Pelosi. Those very same service men/Women who have fought and died for those fools to have the freedom to do what they want, speak what they want, and now they want us to play nice Roll over and let the GOvt. scratch our bellies and think happy happy thought is a bunch of Horse squeeze. He may be the President Elect but you have to Earn the right to be Called Commander-in-Chief. And as most service members will tell you anybody can pin on the stripes/bars and be put in a leadership postion, but that does not make them a Leader.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 09:18 pm
of course i was talking to

of course i was talking to you, you know any other bad americans i would be talking to?...lol

_iamabadamerican
_iamabadamerican 11/08/08 - 09:20 pm
T, I still be walking too!

T, I still be walking too!