Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

MR. CARL, of Savannah River Keeper Inc., is "surprised" to find trash in the Savannah River? If he's such a hot keeper, why didn't he already know? Besides, he's never been elected to keep the river that his group appears to think they, and they alone, own. Maybe he should just quietly watch the river from the perspective of nature rather than politics.

OBAMA CALLS socialism "opportunity." It's Obama's opportunity to become a dictator.

RAVE FOR THE Columbia County Sheriff's Department for holding a citizens firearms course. It is a great community service.

WHOEVER WAS IN charge of designing the new approach to Bobby Jones Expressway from Scott Nixon Drive should be fired. It is not clear at all.

RAVE TO THE CHILD who spoke up and told she had been touched inappropriately and the mother that cared enough to believe and file the necessary paperwork to put this person in jail.

A RAVE TO the gentleman who paid for two very senior citizens' dinner at Golden Corral on Oct. 29. Thank you.

SOME COMPLAINED THAT Sarah Palin can't pronounce nuclear. Maybe she has never heard Jimmy Carter pronounce it.

I WOULD LIKE to know how much money the city of Augusta could save if we got rid of Fred Russell. The only thing I've seen him do is propose raising our taxes.

I'M CALLING ABOUT Glenn Hills High School. I don't think Glenn Hills is a bad school, but I think the children that go there need some parents to guide them.

A RAVE FOR a salesman in customer service at Toys "R" Us. My grandson was looking for a Thomas the Train outfit for Halloween and she referred me to another store and I found it and I made him very happy

WE ALREADY HAVE socialism here in the United States. It's called Social Security, and if we're smart, we'll get rid of it finally and quit wasting the taxpayers' money.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:46 am
That's the Beauty of it all

That's the Beauty of it all Factchecker. My 7:13 makes all others Moot.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/08/08 - 08:47 am
When the people find that

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. Sell not liberty to purchase power. - Benjamin Franklin

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/08/08 - 08:48 am
Now, I'm going back to

Now, I'm going back to important stuff ... NCAA FB!

christian134
christian134 11/08/08 - 08:48 am
Good Saturday morning

Good Saturday morning all...Ya'll have a safe day...Get all that weekend house and yard work completed...:-)

christian134
christian134 11/08/08 - 08:54 am
Response to the ranter

Response to the ranter concerning the Bobby Jones layout I will add my amens to that but would like to include in the firing process the person or persons who came up with the genius idea of on and off ramps being one and the same...Now that is an accident waiting to happen...Oops already has...In fact they happen everyday...Yep the designer needs a lesson in "how to ensure traffic merging safely"...More coffee you say...Yep...That is the plan...:-)

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:54 am
Gator Raid, The Government

Gator Raid, The Government had to pay "Face Value" for the money it Minted back then. Nowadays they only pay twice what it's worth.

rbk
rbk 11/08/08 - 08:59 am
I've paid into SS all my

I've paid into SS all my working life (50 years) and plan on starting to draw it in January. I sure don't want them to take it away now. Let's be fair about this.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:59 am
Maybe they'll start printing

Maybe they'll start printing it in China, where it's backed.I think Monopoly money is already printed there.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:00 am
Fear not my friends. Social

Fear not my friends. Social Security is safe. Only Republicans have ever tried to rob us of that. President Elect & ShelShel's baby's daddy is a Democrat. Dems always protect SS. Besides in a mere 16 months we will be saving 10 billion per month on the Iraq War. And he will balance the budget in his first term. Obama 08. Toot, toot...Thanks for mentioning my DAWGS, tuleez. But I really don't want to bet on anything with Gatoraide. He wins really well....LOL

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:01 am
rbk,You SHOULD have retired

rbk,You SHOULD have retired early.

DoubleD
DoubleD 11/08/08 - 09:04 am
Hello and good morning all.

Hello and good morning all. I don't have much to rant about this morning. But with firearms safety being a topic this morning, I will submit this classic firearms instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE3QAeYRk-A

rbk
rbk 11/08/08 - 09:05 am
Ranter No. 2, we already had

Ranter No. 2, we already had two dictators in power, Pelosi in the House, and Reid in the Senate. At least we had a president that would veto their plans. Now we have a third dictator that will go along with them to usher in Socialism and take away our rights to free speech and dissent.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:08 am
Can you guys imagine the fear

Can you guys imagine the fear in Kentucky this morning???? I'll bet the Wildcats were up shaking in their boots last nite. My mighty DAWGS, preseason #1 in the world, are about to unleash one enormous can of whoop azz on any team who fails to score more points than us. I love my DAWGS!!!

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:11 am
rbk,factchecker,and PT, I'm a

rbk,factchecker,and PT, I'm a later years Boomer(64) The effect our generation will have on SS is kinda like the effect the Yucatan Meteor had on the dinosaurs. And by the time I get to retirement age it will be like the five miles of meteor tail that was still travelling through the atmosphere as the first mile had already made impact, The damage will already have been done.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/08/08 - 09:12 am
PUTT - Uh huh, I feel it,

PUTT - Uh huh, I feel it, just like I smell the BBQ pits of Memphis gearing up for today's "Smoked Gator Tail" platters.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:13 am
They got a can of that left

They got a can of that left PUTT.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:14 am
If you scared, say you

If you scared, say you scared!!!!Have you stopped to think that if not for BAMA & the GATORS and possibly the wildcats, tigers & techies my DAWGS would be undefeated this season. We missed by that much....

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:15 am
I thought they spared no

I thought they spared no expense on the vacation in jacksonville.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:16 am
Tujeez Actually we borrowed

Tujeez Actually we borrowed it from some school in Texas. They said they had never had it before and didn't know what to do with it now....LOL

rbk
rbk 11/08/08 - 09:19 am
Tujeez, I wish I could have

Tujeez, I wish I could have retired early. I'm still going to have to work full time a few years while I draw SS just to finish paying off my mortgage. I would have started drawing it at 62 if they would have let me draw it and not penalize me for working full time. I would have only drawn two SS checks for the whole year. A lot of people that take it at 62 would continue to work while they draw it if they weren't penalized, and the employer and employee would still be paying into the system. The SS admin. is too stupid to realize that they would be ahead of the game then.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:19 am
Need an able bodied can

Need an able bodied can opener?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:21 am
Can you kick???? I can get

Can you kick???? I can get you a sit down with Richt this morning..........

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:23 am
Actually if you can tell the

Actually if you can tell the difference between orange & blue and red & black, I might can get you on as a quarterback...LOL

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/08/08 - 09:23 am
Good Morning Comrades

Good Morning Comrades !!!!!Looks like Broun has spoken up...wonder if others will have the kahoonas to do so...Don't Blame Me ...I Voted for McCain.....now I am heading over to the Greenway....Have a great day yous guys !!!!!!!!

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:24 am
Two hours ago you would have

Two hours ago you would have been in luck. But,i'm on injured reserve now.............Pulled HAM string.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:25 am
But let's get off this

But let's get off this reality trip....I love my DAWGS!!! Preseason #1 in the world. GO DAWGS!!!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:26 am
I know you truss up turkeys &

I know you truss up turkeys & unwilling women folk but why string up a ham?

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/08/08 - 09:28 am
Roll Tide, yup,back to the

Roll Tide, yup,back to the Enterprise............Beam me up Scotty.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 09:28 am
lol putt

lol putt

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/08/08 - 09:29 am
If you're looking for

If you're looking for trouble....