Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

MR. CARL, of Savannah River Keeper Inc., is "surprised" to find trash in the Savannah River? If he's such a hot keeper, why didn't he already know? Besides, he's never been elected to keep the river that his group appears to think they, and they alone, own. Maybe he should just quietly watch the river from the perspective of nature rather than politics.

OBAMA CALLS socialism "opportunity." It's Obama's opportunity to become a dictator.

RAVE FOR THE Columbia County Sheriff's Department for holding a citizens firearms course. It is a great community service.

WHOEVER WAS IN charge of designing the new approach to Bobby Jones Expressway from Scott Nixon Drive should be fired. It is not clear at all.

RAVE TO THE CHILD who spoke up and told she had been touched inappropriately and the mother that cared enough to believe and file the necessary paperwork to put this person in jail.

A RAVE TO the gentleman who paid for two very senior citizens' dinner at Golden Corral on Oct. 29. Thank you.

SOME COMPLAINED THAT Sarah Palin can't pronounce nuclear. Maybe she has never heard Jimmy Carter pronounce it.

I WOULD LIKE to know how much money the city of Augusta could save if we got rid of Fred Russell. The only thing I've seen him do is propose raising our taxes.

I'M CALLING ABOUT Glenn Hills High School. I don't think Glenn Hills is a bad school, but I think the children that go there need some parents to guide them.

A RAVE FOR a salesman in customer service at Toys "R" Us. My grandson was looking for a Thomas the Train outfit for Halloween and she referred me to another store and I found it and I made him very happy

WE ALREADY HAVE socialism here in the United States. It's called Social Security, and if we're smart, we'll get rid of it finally and quit wasting the taxpayers' money.

Jillian
Jillian 11/08/08 - 05:20 am
Good morning freaks, geeks,

Good morning freaks, geeks, squeaks, and everyone else that know's wakin up is a good thing!!

Can't wait for kickoff today.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/08/08 - 06:16 am
Good morning all

Good morning all

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 06:47 am
morning all......to the rant

morning all......to the rant about bobby jones at scott nixion, try to remember that it is still under construction, wait to whine untill it is finished to whine, you may find that you have nothing left to whine about.

white_trash
white_trash 11/08/08 - 06:54 am
Firearms safety, and the safe

Firearms safety, and the safe use of firearms should be a mandatory course in middle school. Even if you never touch one again.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 07:11 am
Don't know if it is true or

Don't know if it is true or not but I heard from an accountant that now that the Dems are in control they plan to save Social Security by taking other government retirements you get and subracting it from your SSN payments. So if you are retired military and you get $1100.00 a month and you get 1700.00 a month from SSN you end up getting your $1100.00 from the military and only $600.00 from SSN. I did my 20 years in the military and I payed into SSN all my life. They plan on doing it with teacher and railroad retireees and any other govt employees. We all did our time and payed into SSN too. We should get the full amount of both due us.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 07:12 am
BTW Morning all

BTW Morning all

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/08/08 - 07:47 am
factchecker - that one needs

factchecker - that one needs a factchecker. G'mornin, y'all

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 07:57 am
I put my disclaimer on there

I put my disclaimer on there that I didn't know if it was true or not LOL. I'm sure the only way to know for sure is to have someone on the inside or wait till trying to actually do it becomes public.

kiddspur
kiddspur 11/08/08 - 08:01 am
Good Morning Folks -- Its a

Good Morning Folks -- Its a great day so far - all youi early birds have a good morning before all the dog sitting on the cockleburr howling begins and maybe the rocky mountain canaries began to sing.....

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:05 am
Good Morning GatorRaid,

Good Morning GatorRaid, Trouble,White Trash,factchecker,Jillian,wizzardx1. AND lest I forget Namasta and everyone else.... Yes PUTT that includes the Dawg fans too.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:13 am
The thing you should be

The thing you should be worried about Ranter #8, is how much History Making Presidential Elections Actually Cost, Historically.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/08/08 - 08:13 am
It's even worse factchecker.

It's even worse factchecker. One of the advisers to the Pelosi/Reid brain trust is proposing seizing 401(k)s and having the government manage them. Begins the end.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/08/08 - 08:15 am
morning tujeez

morning tujeez

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:17 am
Maybe Sarah Palin should have

Maybe Sarah Palin should have Donated some of Her Clothes to Michelle Obama. Then she wouldn't have had to wear that feedsack to the victory celebration.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:19 am
She kinda looked like a UGA

She kinda looked like a UGA blackedout nurse after the Floride Game.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:22 am
GatorRaid, You and Putt can

GatorRaid, You and Putt can bet each other a new Keyboard now.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:23 am
44 must be a Magical Number.

44 must be a Magical Number.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 08:23 am
Yup PT those of us that

Yup PT those of us that PLANNED for our retirement will be the one's to SHARE THE WEALTH with those who didn't.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 08:26 am
I'm not going to be able to

I'm not going to be able to retire if that happens. They will have to carry me out of work in a box. And there is nothing more dangerous than a 79 year old cop with a gun...LOL

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:28 am
I don't know why people Fall

I don't know why people Fall for the Rhetoric from politicians about Medicare and Social Security running out of money. I mean DUH, it's not like those funds are in a seperate "pot" anyway. Just another way they "Stick it to ya at the Drivethru"
Do You want Fries With That?

_iamabadamerican
_iamabadamerican 11/08/08 - 08:31 am
Factchecker, they already do

Factchecker, they already do that wit ss, don't they? I know they do with va disability. my retirement is offset by the amout I receive in disability.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:33 am
PT and factchecker, You need

PT and factchecker, You need to bite the bullet, and withdraw your 401K funds,and pay the early withdrawal penalty. That way, the Government will only get 30% of it.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 08:33 am
Nope don't already do it with

Nope don't already do it with SSN. But yes they do split the military retirement to retirement (taxed) and disability (not taxed).

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:35 am
Then you can enjoy the

Then you can enjoy the blessings of liberty with the rest of the Democrats.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 08:36 am
Gee thanks, Tujeez

Gee thanks, Tujeez

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:37 am
Up 'til now, they couldn't

Up 'til now, they couldn't touch your 401k until you did. I don't think you'll want to handle your money after Reid, Pelosi and Franks get through with it.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:39 am
It's not my IDEA factchecker,

It's not my IDEA factchecker, I am just offering you the best solution. That I mentioned Before. or withdraw it and stuff it in a matress. Watch out for Rats in either case.

Tujeez 11/08/08 - 08:41 am
At least with the money in

At least with the money in your matress, you will know who's been spooging on it.

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 08:41 am
TU my 7:36 was in response to

TU my 7:36 was in response to your 7:35. I don't want to be a "rest of the Democrats".

factchecker
factchecker 11/08/08 - 08:45 am
Glad Paloma (they should have

Glad Paloma (they should have named it Pelosi) is going through the Caribbean now instead of when I'm on my cruise in December (this ad brought to you by me so I can say I'm going on a CRUISE) hehe