Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

ELECTION'S OVER. Look for the price of gas to start rising again.

IT'S SAD HOW much these candidates spent. Think of the good things that could have been done with all those millions of dollars.

I WISH MORE PEOPLE who live in Blythe would start attending our city council meetings. Everyone should see how unqualified the mayor and city council are.

AUGUSTA AMONG schools with large black populations, has the sixth lowest graduation rate (for black males) in the whole USA? Also, the white male graduation rate isn't much better, just 43 percent? That's beyond pathetic.

KUDOS TO THE Greater Augusta Sports Council and all the sponsors of the first Augusta Half Marathon. The course and volunteers were extremely well-organized -- can't wait for next year!

A BIG RANT to the person who lives on Keysville Road in Burke County. You think the lovely chimes at Blythe Methodist Church should be louder. The children who live close to that church are getting their eardrums blown out by these beautiful chimes so that selfish people like you who live miles away can hear.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE to extend the sidewalk along the Harlem-Grovetown Road from the middle school to Euchee Creek Park? The distance is probably less than half a mile and would make it a much safer walk.

A BIG RAVE to the Blythe police department, especially Chief Hornsby. They really do a great job.

A RAVE FOR A MAN named Daniel that stopped at the scene of an accident to help me and my son.

RAVES to the Richmond County Board of Education for hiring Dr. Bedden as well as for working with him to establish a student learning-focus in schools and to establish open communication with the Augusta community at large.

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/06/08 - 08:57 am
lol..toot toot''''munching

lol..toot toot''''munching that popcorn...is this really going to go on for four years,,,,I may give up TV.......Don't Blame Me ..I Voted For McCain!..Now I must resist the urge to continue reading... for real life calls and a new house beckons..paint colors to choose...ya'll play nice now ya heah? Oh and have a blessed day......................

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 08:57 am
He's coming for our guns?

He's coming for our guns? Heaven help us, where is My Abrams Tank, Laser guided missiles and Nike Hukes when I need them?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 08:58 am
I did not help to make this

I did not help to make this bed of nails with shards of broken glass and hot coals piled on top for good measure. Unfortunately, I will be sleeping in it with all other Americans. It doesn't mean I have to enjoy the experience.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 08:59 am
Does not have to be mines but

Does not have to be mines but it is called respect. When I pull over for funeral processions, most times it's no one I know but a show of respect. It's a Southern thing.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 09:00 am
Greedy corporations? Hmm...I

Greedy corporations? Hmm...I seem to remember commenting last week about this subject. If Obama's "tax plan" were to win, corporations would lay off employees because they'd be bearing the burden of taxes for our country. Higher unemployment numbers mean higher welfare checks....which ultimately means Obama's $250K is going to lower over time...to include more families, so there's more money to pay the lazy peeps drawing unemployment...hmm...I love it when I'm right!

Chad
Chad 11/06/08 - 09:00 am
The dem supporters are

The dem supporters are getting what they dished out for the last 8 years and and they expect the Repub to be nice, were was all the support for Bush the MSM was against him from the start. I guess you don't take into account that during his admin there were majorSeveral Natural disasters that needed funding, a Major terrorist attack and two wars which by the way Congress gave him the power to proceed by an overwhelming majority vote. Please don't' forget the Dems have been in control the last 2 years what have they done to stop the spread of the melt down except block the action of other to fix the problem so now where does the Blame belong. The Pres is only one man he cannot do anything with the help of congress. Gas price went up to 5 dollars a gallon under Dem Control

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/06/08 - 09:02 am
I'll defend his choice of

I'll defend his choice of cheif of staff. First, that's not really what he meant. You are taking that out of context. Secondly, and more importantly, truth has nothing to with change. We don't need another 4 years of Bush's failed economic policies. Thirdly, and even still more importantly, my Grand mother was a typical white woman. And I want to be perfectly clear on this final point. Reverend Wright, whose church I attended regularly for over 20 years was not my spiritual advisor. I could no more seperate myself from him than I could seperate myself from ACORN. But if it will help my political campaign, I'll spit in his face. Not God bless America, but God @@#$ America.

Chad
Chad 11/06/08 - 09:03 am
Under Clinton the first 2

Under Clinton the first 2 years were a flop It was not until the Repub took control of Congress did anything actually get done. Why don't you give Credit where credit is due.

what
what 11/06/08 - 09:05 am
Lipstick...I don't care who's

Lipstick...I don't care who's grandmother they are commenting on...they still need to have respect not only for the deceased but for our President-Elect.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:06 am
You must be a Dimple one or

You must be a Dimple one or perhaps a hanging one.

Chad
Chad 11/06/08 - 09:07 am
Who wants to bet that Obama

Who wants to bet that Obama will give his unknown Aunt a Pardon,

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:09 am
Chad your right on target but

Chad your right on target but when will you understand that the Democratic thinking is the right thinkin...We are to get with the program, roll over and play dead, jump when we are told and speak only when and what we are told to speak...Only they have the right to make policy, only they have to right to call the shots...This now people is sarcasm...14PUTT very well said....

sux
sux 11/06/08 - 09:09 am
I4Putt: DUH WhaaaaaaT?!!!

I4Putt:
DUH WhaaaaaaT?!!! It's True, Noone Cries about All of the Mess from the Last 8 Years.The stocks are BUSH, not Obama, And will continue to Fall & Rise & Fall until this Country GAINS The Trust BACK from the Last 88888YEARS!!! Understand That!
Christian... I am Free Only because of GOD!!!! But the Ignorance of You People Just REEKS DISGUST in my Blood. God Has Prevailed, and That's All that Matters. Well that's my time WASTED on Chatting with the IDIOTS OF THE DAY DAY DAY! Got It, It's esses(echoes). Whatever that means. Be Blessed, NOT STUPID!

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/06/08 - 09:10 am
ok..one

ok..one more.............."dont blame me i voted for gore and kerry! obama 08'"
Posted by tusmooth1 on Thu Nov 6, 2008 8:38 AM.........................................................................................

LOL your joking ,,right? You voted for gore!!! and Kerry???? ok now I really have to clean my monitor and go..LOL..LOL..LOL..

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:18 am
Your yelling again and name

Your yelling again and name calling GodisAble...Not nice...Actually it is rather silly to yell at the computer...Settle down and let the blood pressure settle...I get the 8 years without your screaming it...Now can we say speak clearly and with some sense of dignity GodisAble...;-)

DoubleD
DoubleD 11/06/08 - 09:20 am
Why do we need change when we

Why do we need change when we are the most powerful nation on the planet, and millions of people are trying to flee their own contries to come to the U.S.? The rest of the world knows Obama is going to bring us to our knees by reducing our security, downsizing the military, further weekening our economy and dollar value, and giving 0 incintive for young men and poor to help themselves. I'd be happy also to be on the outside watching one of the greatest world powers about to crumble. There will be an all out war throught the middle east and Africa due to the fact they we will downsize an already thin military. Therefore, no one has any fear of the U.S. bum rushing thier country to protect the innocent from human rights violations. THose of you that think we only cause war and push democracy have never seen what citizens of some of these countries go through without our involvement. There is a reason you see civilians hugging, kissing, and embracing our Soldiers on war fronts throughout the world.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/06/08 - 09:24 am
CHANGE! changing your name to

CHANGE! changing your name to time4change is not never posting here again, neither is changing your name to what?!?!. You'll have to try better than that. Maybe you'll figure it out one day.

DoubleD
DoubleD 11/06/08 - 09:25 am
Back when I was a Private I

Back when I was a Private I was on a train in Korea and an old Korean man shook my hand and kissed me on the cheek, because he knew I was a U.S. Soldier. Yet the youth of S. Korea protest our presence. Where would S Korea be now if it wasn't for the U.S. during the Korean war? The youth of today haven't even seen or endured suffering. Maybe it is past time, maybe that is the change Obama will bring, a war on our home front. We are and always will police this planet, because someone has to.

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 09:27 am
Godisable, we were not

Godisable, we were not drinking kool-aide, we were sipping lemonade, iced tea, and mint julips. God is able, you sure as hell aren't.

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:27 am
The fact that this nation is

The fact that this nation is in serious trouble began probably more years ago than most people like to remember...One of the main problems and tragedies came with the bombing of the Twin Towers and the other attacks on our soil...The economy was directly affected by that tragedy...Now Bush has made some bad decisions as well as good ones...He has not has a congress to support him especially the last 2 years...But whatever the idea that I and others do not fall down and pledge allegiance to Obama doesn't make us any less patriots...If you were to ask most people they would tell you point blank they love this country, they love and respect the flag, and they respect the Office of the Presidency...Unfortunately as a free nation we do not have to like or support the man in office which you, GodisAble and so many others, have made a career out of doing just that for the last 8 years. I and others are doing just what you claim we cannot do as it labels us as haters/racists...Give me a break...

sux
sux 11/06/08 - 09:29 am
Christian.. Sweetie, I am not

Christian.. Sweetie, I am not YELLING it's a COMPUTOR. Now who's Silly LOL!!! You People Get My Goat. HAh HAh Hah. Now go get my New House, My Rolls, and My Yacht.... Ya know that what Y'all Thank(not Think). This is Not Gimme Pres. It's The whole World Working Together to BETTER the Economy once Again. Now for Real, I Love Everyone, Just like Christ Does, but I cannot Tolerate Personal attacks of IGNORANCE!!!! Oh, That's Not Name-calling, it's A Fact. Anytime the Views Discriminate, it's Ignorance. The Truth Shall Make You Free. Yes!!!! That's Better!!
UUP!!!! I felt That One!! Now I'm Just Being Silly. Smile God Loves All OF His Children.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 11/06/08 - 09:29 am
The south is still stuck in

The south is still stuck in the racist time..I wonder when will they wake up and see there is nomore white are black nomore..i will be in dc 2009 jan 20....i never liked obama because i think he's a smooth talker and he's with them iraq ppl...but i'm gonna give him a chance to prove hisself. I think his wife will stop him from doing anything stupid she seem to run things anyways.

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:31 am
Computerese is a language

Computerese is a language GodisAble...All caps means yelling which is what I am referring but if you say your not them whatever floats you boat...:-)

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/06/08 - 09:32 am
what?!?! and Hippogritz, Why

what?!?! and Hippogritz, Why should anyone have respect for his dead grandmother or a dead anything or anyone else. You are willing to let him throw dead babies and viable fetuses out into the garbage. Maybe The New York Sanitation Workers will go on strike and all of those liberated African-Americans that voted for him will get a whiff of their handiwork, when the garbage piles up in the streets.

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:33 am
Now that is not a comforting

Now that is not a comforting though SMHwhatamess...:-) I think I will grab a good hot cup of tea and ponder that for a time...

stevie ray
stevie ray 11/06/08 - 09:33 am
My god, this country is going

My god, this country is going to hell on the A-Train, but you folks still sit here and condemn each other instead of accepting what is will be abd trying to do whatever you can to help it out whether you like it or not. We have this gatorraid person swearing to report on all the ills of the Obama presidency. Not a lick of volunteer work. We have hypo slinging mud...ya know what, it seems like 99% of the people on here are just here for personal vendettas. I dare any or all of you to do one thing to make a child's life better today. I am going to try. Maybe in twenty years things will be better.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/06/08 - 09:33 am
A chicken in every Obama

A chicken in every Obama supporters pot and a dead fetus in their trash can. Sounds like just rewards to me. Black Power!

DoubleD
DoubleD 11/06/08 - 09:34 am
I wonder how many of Obama's

I wonder how many of Obama's inner-city supporters will take up arms and deffend this country on our own soil? I would actually predict that there will be looting, raping, and various other assaults just like during Katrina aftermath. We will become just like any other third-world uncivilized country unable to reverse the trend. It's already like that on a smaller scale throughout the slums and hoods of the U.S. And we wonder why the middle East and the so-called mother land has never became civilized nor a peacful place to live.

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 09:34 am
Godisable, wasn't/isn't

Godisable, wasn't/isn't Obama's plan to bring jobs back to America, not send them to other countries to make their lives better. Now we are talking about the whole world economy. I though the whole mess was the fault of Bush and the US. I get more confused every day. Pass me another mint julip please.

DoubleD
DoubleD 11/06/08 - 09:35 am
Ouch Tujeez! But that is one

Ouch Tujeez! But that is one way to put it. Not pretty but it's the truth.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.