Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

ELECTION'S OVER. Look for the price of gas to start rising again.

IT'S SAD HOW much these candidates spent. Think of the good things that could have been done with all those millions of dollars.

I WISH MORE PEOPLE who live in Blythe would start attending our city council meetings. Everyone should see how unqualified the mayor and city council are.

AUGUSTA AMONG schools with large black populations, has the sixth lowest graduation rate (for black males) in the whole USA? Also, the white male graduation rate isn't much better, just 43 percent? That's beyond pathetic.

KUDOS TO THE Greater Augusta Sports Council and all the sponsors of the first Augusta Half Marathon. The course and volunteers were extremely well-organized -- can't wait for next year!

A BIG RANT to the person who lives on Keysville Road in Burke County. You think the lovely chimes at Blythe Methodist Church should be louder. The children who live close to that church are getting their eardrums blown out by these beautiful chimes so that selfish people like you who live miles away can hear.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE to extend the sidewalk along the Harlem-Grovetown Road from the middle school to Euchee Creek Park? The distance is probably less than half a mile and would make it a much safer walk.

A BIG RAVE to the Blythe police department, especially Chief Hornsby. They really do a great job.

A RAVE FOR A MAN named Daniel that stopped at the scene of an accident to help me and my son.

RAVES to the Richmond County Board of Education for hiring Dr. Bedden as well as for working with him to establish a student learning-focus in schools and to establish open communication with the Augusta community at large.

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:26 am
I pray for the person who has

I pray for the person who has managed to get into office...My prayers are for this nation as a whole...My prayers are for people to seek God and remove laws and walls that will harm this nation further like railroading us all into a socialist form of government...My prayers are just that my prayers and as such I will voice them out loud are in the quite of my being...I will continue to speak out against wrongs...The part I mentioned concerning the Bible, book of Judges and Barak was not on my own but actually happened at a persons job by the people who were giving the raised black fist sign and reading from the book of Judges concerning what Barak did to drive their enemies away...If you don't care for what I say that is your right but it will in no way deter me from saying what I believe...Furthermore you don't know me well enough, in fact you don't know me at all, to determine if I am being mean and sarcastic or just speaking the truth as I perceive it to be...

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:29 am
O lived with the Blacks in my

O lived with the Blacks in my younger days. Where in the hell did the Blacks live on Mars?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:31 am
First of all I do not need

First of all I do not need your tired old azz to tell me how to act. I know you think Blacks need whites to tell them how and what to think, but I am not one that need your permission.

adam
adam 11/06/08 - 09:32 am
Good morning comrades !! I

Good morning comrades !! I closed my business yesterday and was very busy handing out the pink slips. My employee's were shocked and upset but I explained as best as I could that I had to do this for them. I realised I was being selfish by making a profit from oppressively employing them,and could not bear to do so any longer. They were still very upset and asked questions like "where will I work now ?" and "how will I pay my bills ?" and "how can you do this to us ?"{can you believe there nerve,to ask me stuff like that ?} I told them that I am sure President Obama will help them. ;) I feel so much better now. Going to the Bahama's for a nice,relaxing cruise. Talk at ya"ll later !!! GOD BLESS AMERICA !! I FINALLY HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT !!!

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/06/08 - 09:32 am
Factchecker have you not see

Factchecker have you not see the pic of the big guy in Texas riding the motorcycle talking about that. if not here it is. http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=27525

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:35 am
Yeah we heard it all before.

Yeah we heard it all before. If Colin Powell, Alan Keyes, Herman Cain of Condoleezza Rich had ran you all would have voted for them. Guess what? I would not have. Strange those as soon as Gen. Powell came out for Obama, a lot of his Presidential supporters turned on him. HUMM! Trust him enough to be Presidential but jump all over him for him endorsement. Yes I believe you all.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/06/08 - 09:35 am
Ok Hippo do not respind to me

Ok Hippo do not respind to me again with you trying to change what I say to fit your stupidity will not be answered again you are worthless in a debate. See if you know what FO means, all other young blacks do. They use it like water flowing from a river.

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 09:37 am
Thanks dissman and howdy to

Thanks dissman and howdy to you to this very fine morning...Gosh I love it when folks decide to speak to me...My goodness the moment I mention not carrying for Obama and the actions of his followers I am ignorant and evil...Go figure...

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 11/06/08 - 09:38 am
yes "we" can, change the

yes "we" can, change the world.......change the world. dont blame me i voted for gore and kerry! obama 08'

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 09:38 am
Tusmooth/HYPO and whoever

Tusmooth/HYPO and whoever else - Once y'all realize that I oppose 98% of the policies Obmama has proposed (most of which are unrealistic/imposible), maybe you can get off this race thing. I did vote, but not for McCain either. Signing up a former Clinton senior advisor for his right-hand man as his first act didn't do much to inspire any confidence either. I get up in the middle of the night to catch up on the morning news from the Mid East and Southwest Aisa. When he picked a practicing Orthodox Jew for his CoS, it did not slip by the 27 countries he just [filtered word] off. Nice first day - the honeymoon is over, honey.

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 11/06/08 - 09:39 am
Man Obama looks nice on my 50

Man Obama looks nice on my 50 inch flat screen LCD. My Bad PRESIDENT ELECT BARACK OBAMA, I have got to get used to that. Dont Blame Me I Voted For Gore and Kerry! Obama 08'

what
what 11/06/08 - 09:42 am
Even though I don't like our

Even though I don't like our soon to be President....it is completely uncalled for to make unkind comments concerning his late grandmother. NEone and GatorRaid...you ought to be ashamed of yourselves!!!

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 09:42 am
do both of obama's ears show

do both of obama's ears show up on the big screen?

realistineducation
realistineducation 11/06/08 - 09:42 am
If all of the bitter

If all of the bitter republicans who are not willing to return this country to a prosperous land under the Democratic controlled branches would move to Mexico, this country would be a much better place instantly. You have had the last 8 years to wipe out a government budget surplus, drive the country into recession, run up trillions in debt, and divide a nation. Democrats will once again correct the irresponsible actions of the republicans. So either quit poutting, role up your sleeves and get to work on a new nation with the guidance of a brilliant new President, or move south.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 09:43 am
what - All I did was quote

what - All I did was quote Obama. Send him the email.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:43 am
Better watch out TUSMOOTH,

Better watch out TUSMOOTH, next they are going to accuse you of being on welfare, with an Expedition with 50" rims. Heaven forbid that you worked for your 50" flat screen.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 09:44 am
we might as well move to

we might as well move to mexico...since all the mexicans are moving to america.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:45 am
Does your lipstick show up on

Does your lipstick show up on certain article of clothing?

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 09:45 am
you tell me, hypocrites?

you tell me, hypocrites?

sux
sux 11/06/08 - 09:47 am
It just amazing how the

It just amazing how the Republicans called Obama views socialism. Where was this WORD when Wall Street was spreading the wealth around to each other , while President Bush & the Republicans did nothing about it . It seem to me like a double standard.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 09:48 am
C'mon y'all, somebody defend

C'mon y'all, somebody defend his choice of Chief of Staff. If you can't even hang with defending his crap for 1 day before he is even sworn in, you are in for a LONG 4 years.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:48 am
Yeah Gator, you knoz all uz

Yeah Gator, you knoz all uz blaks talks alit. Do you know what KMFA mean?

what
what 11/06/08 - 09:49 am
GatorRaid...your comment was

GatorRaid...your comment was in direct response to NEone's post. Therefore, you are just as guilty.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 09:49 am
Hypo - I'm going to keep

Hypo - I'm going to keep pointing out what he promised vs what he delivers. Get used to it.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 09:51 am
Does anyone else think it's

Does anyone else think it's funny that almost a half million people filed for unemployment benefits last week? Now that "Obama's in the house"....I might jump on that bandwagon too.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:52 am
Comment on his policies all

Comment on his policies all you wish. That is the beauty of America. Comments about dead Grandmothers and such, IMHO are tasteless.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/06/08 - 09:54 am
GODIsABLE here. Have some

GODIsABLE here. Have some esses. If you use them sometimes, you may not sound as goofy.

Jillian
Jillian 11/06/08 - 09:55 am
of course the idiots who

of course the idiots who voted for bama will be the first ones whining when the freedoms we now have are taken away. it's no surprise gun sales are escalating all of a sudden. Lord help us all.....

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 09:55 am
No what it mean is that all

No what it mean is that all of those greedy corporations are laying off employees and pocketing their money. Yeah, I am sure that half a million quit their jobs so that they can receive unemployment?. Man talk about reaching.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 09:56 am
Good grief, no one has a

Good grief, no one has a sense of humor anymore. They didn't comment on YOUR dead grandmother, so get over it.