Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

ELECTION'S OVER. Look for the price of gas to start rising again.

IT'S SAD HOW much these candidates spent. Think of the good things that could have been done with all those millions of dollars.

I WISH MORE PEOPLE who live in Blythe would start attending our city council meetings. Everyone should see how unqualified the mayor and city council are.

AUGUSTA AMONG schools with large black populations, has the sixth lowest graduation rate (for black males) in the whole USA? Also, the white male graduation rate isn't much better, just 43 percent? That's beyond pathetic.

KUDOS TO THE Greater Augusta Sports Council and all the sponsors of the first Augusta Half Marathon. The course and volunteers were extremely well-organized -- can't wait for next year!

A BIG RANT to the person who lives on Keysville Road in Burke County. You think the lovely chimes at Blythe Methodist Church should be louder. The children who live close to that church are getting their eardrums blown out by these beautiful chimes so that selfish people like you who live miles away can hear.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE to extend the sidewalk along the Harlem-Grovetown Road from the middle school to Euchee Creek Park? The distance is probably less than half a mile and would make it a much safer walk.

A BIG RAVE to the Blythe police department, especially Chief Hornsby. They really do a great job.

A RAVE FOR A MAN named Daniel that stopped at the scene of an accident to help me and my son.

RAVES to the Richmond County Board of Education for hiring Dr. Bedden as well as for working with him to establish a student learning-focus in schools and to establish open communication with the Augusta community at large.

sux
sux 11/06/08 - 08:03 am
Bush's was NOT EARNED, but I

Bush's was NOT EARNED, but I don't see Y'all Hollern 'Bout That?
GET OVER IT! PRESIDENT OBAMA, NOT hambama WON!!!!!!
God! Can't You take YOUR IGNORANCE on a MY-Space Page somewhere? BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! I am so sick of the HATE!, and Augusta Chronicle just EATS it up. Get Out Of AMERICA If YOU can't Tolerate the HEAT, because WE THE PEOPLE of ALL RACES, EVEN YOURS, HAVE SPOKEN. Above All GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!
GO GET A LIFE,and Better AMERICA. WE don't want Others to Think that Our Country is ALL HATE!!!!! GOD HAS TRULY BLESSED AMERICA!!!! Oh Yeah,We are NOT Looking For a Hand-OUT.If You Remember Well. THE SLAVES were the ONES that DID ALL THE WORK while Y'all Drank KOOL-AIDE!!!! "Y'all Come Back Nah, YA HAR"!!!

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 08:03 am
Let me make myself very clear

Let me make myself very clear to you, truthbeliever, and others who feel you have the God given right to be crude, rude and otherwise socially unacceptable in any civilized setting I am not going anywhere anytime soon unless the Lord calls me home until then I will speak out anytime and anywhere I feel...You don't know me, you don't live with me and you certainly don't pay my bills so therefore I really don't care if you care for what I have to say or not...

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/06/08 - 08:04 am
Whitetrash a move to do away

Whitetrash a move to do away with the electoral college is already under way and has been for a number of months now. Here is a little blurb from the Salt Lake Tribune. " There is another way. Four states - Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey and Maryland - already have passed bills to cast their state's electoral votes for the winner of the national popular vote. This would take effect when states with an electoral majority - 270 of the 538 electoral votes - also have passed such laws.
The sooner we are rid of the Electoral College, the more representative our democracy will be. "

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 08:06 am
I guess it was not good

I guess it was not good enough to say that there is a low graduation rate amongst male students?

Chad
Chad 11/06/08 - 08:09 am
Let see Obama won the

Let see Obama won the election, by just 5 million votes. ok thats the size of Atlanta. He is still going to have to earn the right to be called Commander-in-Chief, that is not a position you can buy. Our national security is going to be reduced. the Dow just dropped Huge, the highest drop in history since 1896 on the day after election. And he wants to raise taxes. You asked for it you got it CHANGE=DEPRESSION, HIGHER TAXES, AND LACK OF NATIONAL SECURITY. but the rest of the world Likes us now thats good news cause i was really worried about how the Taliban thought of us.

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/06/08 - 08:09 am
Oh my !! Godisable....did you

Oh my !! Godisable....did you for get your meds again??? Please just go quietly into a darkened room and lie down..there now doesn't that feel better?

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 11/06/08 - 08:10 am
Gatoraid, the only reason why

Gatoraid, the only reason why it wont work is if poeple like you dont lay down your hate and try to help. It's healthy to have a good argument not a ignorant one about something you cant control. Barack Obama is president now and unless you leave the country by default he is yours as well. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. So lay down the hate and lets get to work to rebuild, if we dont it wont be Baracks fault that we didnt get the job done it will be ours the majority, AMERICA.

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 08:10 am
GODISABLE get a grip...Your

GODISABLE get a grip...Your free now...I don't hate you and I certainly never owned you...Get off the slave mentality...It is over and gone forever...If your actually believing that Obama is your savior then forget it...He has the name Barak but he in no way resembles the Barak of the Old Testament...He is a man just that and no more...Hopefully he will be a surprise and become a good leader of the greatest nation on earth besides Israel...Hopefully he will use the resources available to him and unite all American...One can always hope and one can pray without ceasing toward that end...

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/06/08 - 08:10 am
What is Obama's policy on

What is Obama's policy on Israel? I heard Obama was the candidate least supportive of Israel and not likely to protect it. Why would any Jewish person vote for him?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 08:10 am
Wow, must have been a firery

Wow, must have been a firery sermon at Mercy Mission this morning while the computers were booting up.......

Chad
Chad 11/06/08 - 08:14 am
Amazing all the all Obama

Amazing all the all Obama supporters now want us to be nice to there President. but yet all i heard for the last 8 Years starting on day one was hatred for Bush and never stopped. Talk about double standards.

donnymack
donnymack 11/06/08 - 08:14 am
Just remember one of the

Just remember one of the greatest Presidents in his own mind more than bought his job. Quit crying and get a life already and when things go south even farther than they are now we will blame Clinton and Obama but not the moron in between. All of the lies and half truths and greed of the Republican Party has caught up with it and now it's time to pay the piper. Most of you folks need to try and understand the free world and you might just be surprised why your state is named Georgia.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/06/08 - 08:14 am
Baroness his policy on Israel

Baroness his policy on Israel is as said he is a Jew Hater.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 08:14 am
tusmooth - I will never

tusmooth - I will never support presidential policies that I disagree with and believe will harm Our Nation. It has nothing to do with president-elect Obama. I'm disgusted with President Bush too in almost every decsion he made outside of national security. I'm not going to support socialism.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 08:15 am
What a bunch of insensitive

What a bunch of insensitive azz holes. If someone had made a comment about your Grandmother or Mother like Neon and Gator Raid did you would have a fit. They why a lot of you are alone and miserable. Dislike the man's policy all you like but to make those insensitive remarks shows that he is more of a man than you two will every be.

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 11/06/08 - 08:16 am
CHRISTIAN134, Your arguments

CHRISTIAN134, Your arguments contrast in temperment. You were praying for McCain all before election and now you want to hold blacks accountable. You are the only one who has said the word SAVIOR on here, do you think that Obama is yours. I dont, I only have one and thats Jesus Christ. For a person who says that she is a christian needs to act like one. Just pray for the new President and hope that he adheres, and stop being mean and sarcastic. Also stop throwing the bible around to prove your points, you are starting to sound like the money hungry preachers in the pulpit.

Chad
Chad 11/06/08 - 08:16 am
Lets start a Movement to

Lets start a Movement to abolish Affirmative Action, the an Interracial Man was elected i guess you don't need all the help any more.

factchecker
factchecker 11/06/08 - 08:16 am
Chad - It's

Chad - It's Commander-in-Chief not Commander AND Chief

sux
sux 11/06/08 - 08:17 am
KARMA, Just as LAme as You

KARMA, Just as LAme as You WERE the Other Day. I BET you are Sippin on Prozac & GIN YUK! YUK! YUK!

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 11/06/08 - 08:17 am
Gatoraid, So you are telling

Gatoraid, So you are telling me that if there was something that came down the pipe from the white house that made sense and would help America you wouldnt do your part to make sure it follows through. That would be Un-american we need to get on the same page.

disssman
disssman 11/06/08 - 08:18 am
For the person wondering

For the person wondering about the sidewalk it is riughly 230 cubic yards of concrete, not a small job! For the rant about education, just read some of the comments this morning (especially christian134) and Augusta's education standing shows right about where it should be. Although the percentage could go up if the sheriffs office would do away with the punks walking the streets and driving around with their boom boxes blareing!!!!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 08:19 am
GEORGIABOY, we all know what

GEORGIABOY, we all know what kind of hater you are.

sux
sux 11/06/08 - 08:21 am
Christian, How Did You Get

Christian, How Did You Get That Obama is Considered a Savior, Are You Firing up an Ak Ak Gun? I am Not Stuck in a Slave Mentality. You all can Say what you will or May,but let Me speak the Truth and SUDDENLY, I'm Wrong. I am So Sick Of Your Sacreligious, Sanctimoneous Ways. God Bless Y'all!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/06/08 - 08:21 am
I doubt that President Elect

I doubt that President Elect Obama will lose any sleep because some uneducated Yahoo in Augusta Georgia does not like him.

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 11/06/08 - 08:22 am
People dont get it twisted

People dont get it twisted just because we have a black president at the helm doesnt meant that rasicm is over, we as a country have taken a MONUMENTAL step towards showing the real black person in America but by far havent dispelled all the myths and havent done anything yet to show otherwise. We are happy for President Elect Obama but all that happened the other night was bust down another door that had never been opened before. Thats it!

sgachief
sgachief 11/06/08 - 08:22 am
the closet turban wearer will

the closet turban wearer will be moving into the white house in jan

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 08:22 am
tusmooth - I'd be happy to

tusmooth - I'd be happy to support something that made sense and was do-able without harming others. So far I've heard NOTHING that fits those paramaters come out of his mouth, even during the "I'll change the world" campaign promises he so rashly made.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/06/08 - 08:25 am
factchecker - re your 7:34

factchecker - re your 7:34 post -- that's why Jesse Jackson was crying Tuesday night. NEone and GatorRaid - Obama's grandma died before he was elected because Obama's Chicago mobsters pulled the plug on her life support to sway some last minute pity votes. Reality - re your 7:09 post -- lmao -- AND my two cents for the poor kids in Blythe getting their eardrums blown out by church bells...luckily won't have to pay for healthcare now that Obama's in the house...yay yay...

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/06/08 - 08:25 am
Hippo you know nothing. Hell

Hippo you know nothing. Hell boy I live with the Black in my younger years, and still love the older ones it is just the new wave of freaky [filtered word]s out there that I am against. All they know how to do it dreww vulgar, speak vulgar, promote rape, murder and such with the crap music they play. It is not only Blacks as you think it is the sorry azzed white kids that want to emulate the hood bs. If you fit that group as you sould then yes I think you are lower than snake crap, if you dont then act it. For you info if a decent black man not radical would have ran I would have voted for him over John McCain, I vote for the best cand and in this race it certainly was not Obama.

factchecker
factchecker 11/06/08 - 08:25 am
After reading Michelle

After reading Michelle Obama's thesis I wonder, will she rename the White House?

Columbia County approves rezoning plan, grants waivers

Columbia County School Board trustees approved a massive school rezoning plan that could affect up to 200 Greenbrier High School students who will be moved to the Lakeside High School zone.