Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

ELECTION'S OVER. Look for the price of gas to start rising again.

IT'S SAD HOW much these candidates spent. Think of the good things that could have been done with all those millions of dollars.

I WISH MORE PEOPLE who live in Blythe would start attending our city council meetings. Everyone should see how unqualified the mayor and city council are.

AUGUSTA AMONG schools with large black populations, has the sixth lowest graduation rate (for black males) in the whole USA? Also, the white male graduation rate isn't much better, just 43 percent? That's beyond pathetic.

KUDOS TO THE Greater Augusta Sports Council and all the sponsors of the first Augusta Half Marathon. The course and volunteers were extremely well-organized -- can't wait for next year!

A BIG RANT to the person who lives on Keysville Road in Burke County. You think the lovely chimes at Blythe Methodist Church should be louder. The children who live close to that church are getting their eardrums blown out by these beautiful chimes so that selfish people like you who live miles away can hear.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE to extend the sidewalk along the Harlem-Grovetown Road from the middle school to Euchee Creek Park? The distance is probably less than half a mile and would make it a much safer walk.

A BIG RAVE to the Blythe police department, especially Chief Hornsby. They really do a great job.

A RAVE FOR A MAN named Daniel that stopped at the scene of an accident to help me and my son.

RAVES to the Richmond County Board of Education for hiring Dr. Bedden as well as for working with him to establish a student learning-focus in schools and to establish open communication with the Augusta community at large.

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 05:20 am
I think the issues with the

I think the issues with the bells at the Blythe Methodist Church could be solved by some folks just swapping houses. G'mornin, namasta and all y'all.

ladysingstheblues
ladysingstheblues 11/06/08 - 05:45 am
Good morning CR....

Good morning CR....

Reality
Reality 11/06/08 - 06:11 am
The graduation rate can't be

The graduation rate can't be a surprise, just ride around during school hours or late at night. I never knew not graduating was an option until I was in my 20's....Well, you missed a damp, chilly Bonfire night last night, I think Guy Fawkes probably had the right idea..........

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/06/08 - 06:32 am
morning all

morning all

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 06:53 am
Now is the time for all good

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.................we are going to need it.

cooper5000
cooper5000 11/06/08 - 06:57 am
Good Morning All. I've been

Good Morning All. I've been reading the comments about our election woos.... and noticed that several times the Civil War was brought up. A very wise man and great historian (Mr.Tony Carr) always told me that the Civil War has not happend yet. The war of 1864 was the War Between the States, the Civil War is yet to happen in our great country. If we don't stop talking white,,,black and start joining together as Americans, the turban wearers will mow us over.....God Bless Us All

Reality
Reality 11/06/08 - 07:01 am
Tony Carr was very proud of

Tony Carr was very proud of his Southern Heritage, from what I have been told .

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 07:11 am
In the War of Northern

In the War of Northern Agression, if they had just let us secede, then it WOULD have been a landslide for the new guy.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/06/08 - 07:14 am
the two things you must do to

the two things you must do to control the masses is keep them ignorant and in fear. it looks as though that has been accomplished in this counrty

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 07:16 am
As a proud

As a proud Irish-English-Scottish-Native-African-Confederate-American, (that's a lot of hyphens), what have the late unpleasntries got to do with this election????

PAW
PAW 11/06/08 - 07:18 am
obama! obama! obama! ooops!

obama! obama! obama! ooops! i'm sorry president obama!!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/06/08 - 07:20 am
you will soon be calling him

you will soon be calling him by his middle name hussien

DodgeD50
DodgeD50 11/06/08 - 07:23 am
The next war will be "The War

The next war will be "The War of Muslim Agression" it's coming with a muslim in the White House.

Reality
Reality 11/06/08 - 07:23 am
Which alias is going to use?

Which alias is going to use?

PTHS225
PTHS225 11/06/08 - 07:26 am
Oh yeah, with an Orthodox

Oh yeah, with an Orthodox Jew, who considers Mayor Richard M. Daley, Senator Paul Simon and President Bill Clinton to be his professional mentors, as his Chief of Staff and right-hand man. This should bring world unity... yeah right. "Strike One!" I'd like to sit in on one of the strategy sessions with Farrakhan, Wright and Emanuel in the same room......

Reality
Reality 11/06/08 - 07:32 am
I didn't vote for him and

I didn't vote for him and still don't trust him, I have never trusted someone that tries to hide their true identity. But, since I mailed in an absentee ballot , it probably has remained unopened with the others...

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/06/08 - 07:34 am
Gas prices aren't reliant on

Gas prices aren't reliant on the election and the person that spent twice as much money got twice as many votes. What do you think that will do to future spending on elections?

Reality
Reality 11/06/08 - 07:38 am
The same thing it has done

The same thing it has done for professional sports.........

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 07:43 am
People, give him a chance

People, give him a chance before we condem him. I am just glad he is asking someone who is known for bipartisanship to be his cheif of staff. Silly me, he didn't do that did he.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/06/08 - 07:47 am
all you need to do to see

all you need to do to see where this country is headed is study the muslim belief soon no other religion will be tolerated

Acceptance
Acceptance 11/06/08 - 07:51 am
I find it so funny that those

I find it so funny that those who used absentee ballots think that their vote made some difference. Look at the pretty red and blue map, your state did stand behind McCain as did the majority of the south, it wasn't those red states that really made a difference it was the states with the highest number of electorals. President Obama has won this election by a far greater landslide than was anticipated it was welcoming for John McCain to accept defeat in the gracious manner in which he did. I for one wasn't about to go through another 4 yrs. of the last 8 in which we have lost so much to include many lives!!

christian134
christian134 11/06/08 - 07:53 am
Good Thursday morning

Good Thursday morning all...:-) Ya'll have a great safe day...Keep it together folks...Seems the youth in and around Augusta are carrying the Bible open to the book of Judges...They are identifying with the Barak of that time to the Barak of this age...They, the black youth believe him to be some sort of person who has come to liberate them...Well let me inform you all of a little secret...We are all Americans...Wow that is a odd concept for some to understand...We are not part and parcel of some European Union who wants to sit down to dinner with the same Muslim Radicals who have been engaged in Holy War with the United States for a long while...You people, all who believe Obama to be divine are in for a rude awakening...He is our next President, yes, but he is also a man who will have to lead this nation within and without.We have many enemies who will not put Americans in different racial classification...No they are equal opportunity haters of Americans...Obama is going to find he doesn't have the time or means to carry out all his promises of an endless money tree to those who demand the government support them...Get ready for disappointment.We are all Americans, all special..

GR-10
GR-10 11/06/08 - 07:55 am
I had no idea that Barack

I had no idea that Barack Obama's former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr, is Muslim.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/06/08 - 07:55 am
just wait until those 11

just wait until those 11 million illegal workers recieve amnesty-the minimum wage will fall and there will only be former illegal workers working

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 07:57 am
christian134, did the money

christian134, did the money tree die??? If it did, it is Bush's fault for keeping us in this drought.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 11/06/08 - 07:59 am
PAW ...when speaking of our

PAW ...when speaking of our President..you must use capitalization President Obama! please:) He has certianly earned it.

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/06/08 - 08:00 am
Good morning Comrades !!The

Good morning Comrades !!The election was not a landslide it was a moderate win for barry..with that being said he certainly bought it well....thats all of my snarkiness toward the hambamma...I do not like him or trust him and most likely never will.....but as I now have no representation I really do not believe I want to pay taxes............................

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
20780
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/06/08 - 08:05 am
Politicallyncorrect, it is

Politicallyncorrect, it is not President yet, and he bought it, it was not earned!

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/06/08 - 08:05 am
Christain...did you read

Christain...did you read about the barry christmas tree???....I almost lost my breakfast..................... oh and for all you haters that is my opinion and it does not make me racist or a "hater"...I think a barry Christmas tree is a bit weird ...... but then I would also think a McCain Christmas would be just as weird...maybe it's just me.........................

white_trash
white_trash 11/06/08 - 08:06 am
Just something to think

Just something to think about. If Pres Elect Obama is going to do such wonders for the economy, why did the DOW drop over 400 points yesterday?

Mayor's office helped arrange Kinder Morgan gift

When Augusta Commission members reported being blindsided and subsequently rejected a $25,000 donation from Kinder Morgan, the mayor's office and other city officials had been working to arrange ...