Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Chairman Ron Cross tells citizens to vote for a 1-cent sales tax for six years and he will give them a better quality of life. Columbia County conservative citizens do not believe in this socialist request by Cross.

I JUST GOT THROUGH reading Bill Kirby's Oct. 26 article. That ought to be plastered on the front of every newspaper in the United States. Keep up the good work, man.

RAVE FOR Joe the Plumber and all practicing plumbers, and a rant for the politicians who belittle their trade and the compensation they receive for their skills.

HEY, MR. MAYOR, if you and your rich friends want a $25 million stadium, have at it with your own money and don't spend poor people's money on your new toys.

COLIN POWELL is a turncoat.

THANK YOU to the three men who pushed my gray Camry on Washington Road when my car overheated.

I AM SO TIRED of the negativity of this campaign season. I just wish I had another choice when it came to voting. And, Chronicle , you guys are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to the negativity.

I HAVE A RAVE. I live on Keysville Road in Burke County and I hear beautiful chimes coming from Blythe Methodist Church. They are such a lovely sound in the middle of the day and on the weekends and the evenings. The only complaint I have is that I wish they were a little bit louder.

WHEN IS SAXBY CHAMBLISS going to realize that we don't want to see him attacking Vietnam veterans any longer? He lied about Max Cleland; now he's lying about Jim Martin.

OUR PRESENT PROBLEMS were not caused by the Republicans. It all started with Carter, a Democrat.

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 10/29/08 - 11:02 am
stickman- if what you call

stickman- if what you call faith is just following other people's beliefs, and conforming yours to theirs... then no, i do not.

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 10/29/08 - 11:04 am
but i do have faith in

but i do have faith in myself, and the good of others.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 10/29/08 - 11:17 am
'Twas the night before

'Twas the night before elections. - And all through the town, Tempers were flaring Emotions all up and down! I, in my bathrobe With a cat in my lap, Had cut off the TV Tired of political crap. When all of a sudden There arose such a noise, I peered out of my window Saw Obama and his boys, They had come for my wallet, They wanted my pay, To give to the others, Who had not worked a day! He snatched up my money, And quick as a wink, Jumped back on his bandwagon As I gagged from the stink He then rallied his henchmen Who were pulling his cart, I could tell they were out To tear my country apart! On Fannie, on Freddie, On Biden and Ayers! On Acorn, On Pelosi' He screamed at the pairs! They took off for his cause And as he flew out of sight I heard him laugh at the nation Who wouldn't stand up and fight! So I leave you to think On this one final note-IF YOU DONT WANT SOCIALISM GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!

dontunderstand
dontunderstand 10/29/08 - 11:21 am
Judging by the first rant, it

Judging by the first rant, it looks like the "taxing people=socialism" republican meme is working too well for the Republican Party.
If they do get elected, I expect them to completely abolish all taxes and move to the flat tax system.
I wonder, however, would companies also have to pay a 23% sales tax on items they buy? Or just individuals? 'Cause i betcha the larger companies would just buy stuff overseas and the smaller ones would get stuck paying more money and passing the costs on to consumers. Or should businesses not be taxed under a flat tax ideology.

What4
What4 10/29/08 - 11:26 am
Actually, we need to be a

Actually, we need to be a whole lot more concerned about the Congress..that is the root cause of our economic (and other problems). We don't even really elect the president. We do elect the congress.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 10/29/08 - 11:27 am
Colin Powell is the true

Colin Powell is the true "maverick".... Powell 2012!!!

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/29/08 - 11:32 am
LOL bama I'm gonna snatch

LOL bama I'm gonna snatch that for other sites..do you mind?

corgimom
corgimom 10/29/08 - 11:39 am
If you believe the polls that

If you believe the polls that say Obama will win the election, then why does he need to have a multi-million $$$$ half hour infomercial? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 10/29/08 - 11:50 am
dont... Try reading the

dont... Try reading the books about the fair tax like many intelligent people have done. Then you may be able to make intelligent comments and be able to discuss the subject.

inkpup
inkpup 10/29/08 - 11:56 am
This nation, having elected

This nation, having elected Slick Willie TWICE scares the hell out of me this time around. For my part I have voted early, wish it could be often but I am not a democrat, nor am I dead. GOD have mercy on US, I fear we know not what we do.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 10/29/08 - 11:57 am
The most eye-opening civics

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade in 2000. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president.

We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote. To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class Members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 10/29/08 - 11:58 am
The class had done a great

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Everyone applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium.

Her speech was concise.She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 10/29/08 - 12:02 pm
Dims want to ignore our

Dims want to ignore our constitution and redistribute the wealth. LISTEN to what NObama said in 1996 to the Democratic Socialists of America. NObama is a dangerous socialist and with a dim congress, we will end up with a country that is unreconizable. Be Concerned - Be VERY Concerned!

angiesdad
angiesdad 10/29/08 - 12:06 pm
i believe that the world is a

i believe that the world is a pretty stable place now.i mean it looks like the only one fighting a war is as usual us.we just can't stay out of peoples backyards.but "we were attacked on 911!"no you weren't, you were fooled into believing you were.the gov't has done this for many years and will continue to do so,they know the general public is just a bunch of suckers for anything they say.ladies, want a free wardrobe? run on the next gop ticket.according to this weeks newsweek.staffers were aghast at sarahs wardrobe that she planned to wear on the campaign trail and sent her shopping,so as not to embarrass the ticket.now thats sad.she makes $ 125,000 has free food,utilities,and a mansion,and surely an expense account,so why does she dress like a pauper?what's even sadder is the # 1 unemployed dude snuck a few suits in also as did the children,and i guess the deadbeat soon to be son in law.the rnc is furious.hey you get what you pay for!nothing!

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 10/29/08 - 12:15 pm
Go for it karma.

Go for it karma.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/29/08 - 12:19 pm
Has angiesdad ever said

Has angiesdad ever said anything that made sense to anyone? Do capital letters cost more? Is punctuation really that difficult? What does what you pay fornothing mean?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 10/29/08 - 12:19 pm
It's so obvious that

It's so obvious that ignorance is bliss with some of the dims. Some of the blind and gullible dims continue to be clueless, classless, blind and gullible. Thank you for keeping up the good work.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/29/08 - 12:20 pm
Roll on big Tide! I'm pulling

Roll on big Tide! I'm pulling for you guys every week. Unless of course my DAWGS get to play you guys again in the SEC Championship.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 10/29/08 - 12:21 pm
Angiesdad you amaze me and

Angiesdad you amaze me and prove beyond a shadow of doubt that at some point in creation God actually handed out S*** for brains and you certainly got your fair share.

Chad
Chad 10/29/08 - 12:21 pm
For a look at America's

For a look at America's (United Socialist states of America) future look just 90 miles south of Florida and for those that are not familiar with geography that's Cuba. Have a good hard look there Amazing Fidel said the same things Obama is saying and People are wetting them selves over it.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 10/29/08 - 12:29 pm
Thanks PUTT. You guys gotta

Thanks PUTT. You guys gotta get past FL first and I'm not so sure that will happen. I'm probably going to be pulling for GA. I think I'd rather have to play them a second time.

jack
jack 10/29/08 - 12:31 pm
Only DIMocRATs believe that

Only DIMocRATs believe that FACTS and the TRUTH about NObama are "negative" ads. Typical. The AC has taken more than one Republican/McCain to the woodshed, so why not NObama? There's just more to expose about NObama than McCain.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/29/08 - 12:42 pm
Rose, the thing that I don't

Rose, the thing that I don't understand is why Sen Obama has more money than Sen McCain to spend. Shouldn't he have to give some of his to McCain? You know, Spread the Wealth?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 10/29/08 - 12:50 pm
It has been proven that there

It has been proven that there are many more negative ads against McCain than negative ads against NObama and still the dim followers continue to complain about how NObama has been treated. Of course today the media is saying that it's more racist if you vote against NObama because it's due to his race. They don't say how many blacks are voting FOR NObama because of his race. They have a double standard and they are perfectly fine with it.

jack
jack 10/29/08 - 12:58 pm
Yonce, As for your usual

Yonce, As for your usual brainless blathering about a government conspiracy on 9/11, you are just another ignorant anal orifice (look it up) too uneducated to get to real facts and just eat the parrot food and koolaid the DIMs feed you. You need to lay off the koolaid, adjust your tinfoil hat and go check those doors and locks your boss pays you to do. Wouldn't hurt to attend GED classes. BTW, did you ever make PFC?

jack
jack 10/29/08 - 01:02 pm
Yonce, you are the epitomy

Yonce, you are the epitomy (look it up) of the saying "ignorance is bliss". Had Palin worn her Alaskan Mukluks you would have REALLY had something crappy to say about her clothes. As for the unemployed husband (first dude) you blather about, he owns his own commercial fishing boat. He obviously is too smart to be a security guard rattling locked doors.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/29/08 - 01:02 pm
Tide, you're right. Getting

Tide, you're right. Getting past the Gators is never easy. Especially for us. There is a reason they have beat us 15 out of the last 18 years. I will never say that to PTHS but ....I wish UF had you guys on their regular schedule this year. We could use all the help we can get.

jack
jack 10/29/08 - 01:05 pm
Rose-one questin for you.

Rose-one questin for you. Why hasn't he listed the names of all contributors? What is he hidingif all those millions are from "ordinary Americans"? Same reason he is hiding his college transcripts and doctoral dissertation (look it up)? Like Yonce, you nee to lay off the koolaid, adjust your tinfoil hat and go take some GED classes.

Nammy
Nammy 10/29/08 - 01:15 pm
Rose--I haven't read much of

Rose--I haven't read much of this board today, yet...so someone else could have said this, to your map link--I want to see the WHOLE world--who contributed...how much from Arabs and the likes of one? Maybe you know the link for that for me? Good day.

Nammy
Nammy 10/29/08 - 01:18 pm

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms