Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Chairman Ron Cross tells citizens to vote for a 1-cent sales tax for six years and he will give them a better quality of life. Columbia County conservative citizens do not believe in this socialist request by Cross.

I JUST GOT THROUGH reading Bill Kirby's Oct. 26 article. That ought to be plastered on the front of every newspaper in the United States. Keep up the good work, man.

RAVE FOR Joe the Plumber and all practicing plumbers, and a rant for the politicians who belittle their trade and the compensation they receive for their skills.

HEY, MR. MAYOR, if you and your rich friends want a $25 million stadium, have at it with your own money and don't spend poor people's money on your new toys.

COLIN POWELL is a turncoat.

THANK YOU to the three men who pushed my gray Camry on Washington Road when my car overheated.

I AM SO TIRED of the negativity of this campaign season. I just wish I had another choice when it came to voting. And, Chronicle , you guys are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to the negativity.

I HAVE A RAVE. I live on Keysville Road in Burke County and I hear beautiful chimes coming from Blythe Methodist Church. They are such a lovely sound in the middle of the day and on the weekends and the evenings. The only complaint I have is that I wish they were a little bit louder.

WHEN IS SAXBY CHAMBLISS going to realize that we don't want to see him attacking Vietnam veterans any longer? He lied about Max Cleland; now he's lying about Jim Martin.

OUR PRESENT PROBLEMS were not caused by the Republicans. It all started with Carter, a Democrat.

truthisouttherestill
truthisouttherestill 10/29/08 - 09:48 am
lipstick.....i agree.....i

lipstick.....i agree.....i think al qaeda is afraid of mccain and want bo in there......they see bo as a muslim sympathizer who will give them what they want......mccain won't take no crap from them

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 09:49 am
hey dad - I was referring to

hey dad - I was referring to stability here. I am happy that you do not agree with me, I would be very concerned about my own sanity if you did. Enjoy the tubes, brother.

marandan
marandan 10/29/08 - 09:53 am
If Mccain had voter

If Mccain had voter registrations irregularities or proven fraudulent voters, or donors from other countries, or associations with terrorists, or America and Isreal haters, or racial haters, like Wright, Flegler, Farrakhan, the media would be all over it, and Jessie and Al would JUMP in front of all the cameras screaming. You Democrats who support Obama, are bigots and haters and condoners of corruption and lawlessness, and you are helping to destroy the the free America we used to be. If Obama wins, we will be the LOWEST point our country has ever been, and Many will be hurt, because YOU voted for the WRONG change.

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 10/29/08 - 09:53 am
sigh stickman... hopefully

sigh stickman... hopefully less people are as gullible as you.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 09:54 am
Maybe if more of them

Maybe if more of them supported abortion and gay marriage the welfare rolls would shrink!, Just a random thought!

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/29/08 - 09:56 am
Good point CBBP!

Good point CBBP!

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 10/29/08 - 09:59 am
rocky, just following my

rocky, just following my faith. i see u have none.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 10:03 am
CBBP - My wife was going to

CBBP - My wife was going to leave the pots of peanut plants outside. A domestic dispute ensued, luckily I prevailed. So, I should have fresh bawled nuts (enough for me anyway) on Christmas morning. I just thought I'd share that to go off topic.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 10/29/08 - 10:09 am
Sorry one last RANT and then

Sorry one last RANT and then I have to get back to work...This world domination thing Obama is after is insane! He's airing a half hour infomercial about HIMSELF on seven network stations tonight - just because he can? I think I'm going to start calling him Hitler. Just because I can.

truthisouttherestill
truthisouttherestill 10/29/08 - 10:11 am
hey cbbp.......if bo is

hey cbbp.......if bo is elected and we become a socialist country......can't we force them to get abortions

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 10:14 am
I'll bet they haven't

I'll bet they haven't considered that could very well happen. It could become like China where you get jailed or disappear if you have more children than the Government allows you to. "I didn't mean to get pregnant, it just slipped!"

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 10:17 am
PTHS those should yield about

PTHS those should yield about 1 to 1&1/2 pounds for you!

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 10/29/08 - 10:18 am
Yeah, it's all Bush' fault!

Yeah, it's all Bush' fault! There are no controlling Dems in Washington!! It's all an illusion!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 10:19 am
OK, who Deleted?

OK, who Deleted?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 10:22 am
CBBP - If I get over 1lb -

CBBP - If I get over 1lb - you are invited to share as your reward for the growing tips. We can even figure out how to make them turkey flavored probably.

Reality
Reality 10/29/08 - 10:27 am
Socialist state=+/- 50% of

Socialist state=+/- 50% of your wages to some sort of tax. The service you get for all of these tax dollars is not very good either. You see the doctor when he wants to see you, not when you want to see him.....Taxes on all goods and services and so and so on......
I am living it and I promise you, you don't want it.

Rose
Rose 10/29/08 - 10:28 am
Barack Obama was the only

Barack Obama was the only major presidential candidate this year to completely reject contributions from the Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs that have dominated our politics for years. Instead, this campaign has been owned by the more than 3.1 million everyday Americans who have donated in small amounts.

The Obama campaign has complied fully with federal election law, including donor eligibility and contribution disclosure requirements. Any donation that has not met federal requirements, the campaign has fully-refunded.

But false and deceptive email rumors posing as a “column” by respected New York Times writer Maureen Dowd or as independent “research” by a concerned citizen are spreading cynical misinformation about Barack’s alleged foreign ties. These smear attacks use fake information and false claims of credibility to scare people who aren’t very familiar with Barack by making it sound like he’s doing something un-American or illegal.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 10:30 am
Rose - All propaganda has to

Rose - All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach. -- Adolf Hitler

griesella
griesella 10/29/08 - 10:30 am
Surely the public is not

Surely the public is not foolish enough to watch the Obama infomercial tonight. He is so proud of the fact that he is buying the presidency.

disssman
disssman 10/29/08 - 10:31 am
s eagle, what does that tell

s eagle, what does that tell you about college grads today? Could it be our universities are diploma factories that believe everyone who goes should be graduated? Think about it, have you seen educated young people who can't tell you who their governor or senator is, but they can list every past winner on american idol!

Rose
Rose 10/29/08 - 10:31 am
You can read more on his

You can read more on his site, but most of you are scared to read it. http://www.fightthesmears.com/

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 10:34 am
By the skillful and sustained

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
-- Adolf Hitler

dani
dani 10/29/08 - 10:36 am
I have been advised that

I have been advised that people in Montana plan to boycot the infomercial tonight. I don't know why Obama thinks the public wants to hear him gloat for 30 minutes, I certainly don't. An d won't.

Rose
Rose 10/29/08 - 10:36 am
The 1st link I posted has

The 1st link I posted has state by state contributions.

Reality
Reality 10/29/08 - 10:43 am
I would like to see how many

I would like to see how many of the Bethune Cookman college kids have paid for there tuition or have student loans that will have to be paid off.....

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 10:45 am
The liberals in the House

The liberals in the House strongly resemble liberals I have known through the last two decades in the civil rights conflict. When it comes time to show on which side they will be counted, they excuse themselves.
-- Shirley Chisholm

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/29/08 - 10:53 am
According to ESPN3 the game

According to ESPN3 the game in Jacksonville may be cancelled this weekend due to floods. It seems that since started to watch the game film from last year Urban & the little bitty cry baby gators have cried a river. UGA 52 gators 31.....

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/29/08 - 10:56 am
Note how little attention to

Note how little attention to a figure of Sarah Palin in a noose, is being paid by the media, compared to a generic noose on an office door at a college. Have only heard one story about this on the radio, besides what is being discussed on this thread. Have any of the local television stations mentioned this garish political statement in a West Coast Halloween display?

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/29/08 - 10:58 am
not to worryfolks..in the

not to worryfolks..in the near future all people will have to do is produce the kids then barry and his boys will take them and raise them in camps and teach them how to be good little comrades........of course you will be putting in your share of work at the factory making goods for barrys government...you will be paid according to your needs...welcome to barrys World !!!......don't Blame Me ..I voted for McCain !!!!!!!!!!