Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Chairman Ron Cross tells citizens to vote for a 1-cent sales tax for six years and he will give them a better quality of life. Columbia County conservative citizens do not believe in this socialist request by Cross.

I JUST GOT THROUGH reading Bill Kirby's Oct. 26 article. That ought to be plastered on the front of every newspaper in the United States. Keep up the good work, man.

RAVE FOR Joe the Plumber and all practicing plumbers, and a rant for the politicians who belittle their trade and the compensation they receive for their skills.

HEY, MR. MAYOR, if you and your rich friends want a $25 million stadium, have at it with your own money and don't spend poor people's money on your new toys.

COLIN POWELL is a turncoat.

THANK YOU to the three men who pushed my gray Camry on Washington Road when my car overheated.

I AM SO TIRED of the negativity of this campaign season. I just wish I had another choice when it came to voting. And, Chronicle , you guys are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to the negativity.

I HAVE A RAVE. I live on Keysville Road in Burke County and I hear beautiful chimes coming from Blythe Methodist Church. They are such a lovely sound in the middle of the day and on the weekends and the evenings. The only complaint I have is that I wish they were a little bit louder.

WHEN IS SAXBY CHAMBLISS going to realize that we don't want to see him attacking Vietnam veterans any longer? He lied about Max Cleland; now he's lying about Jim Martin.

OUR PRESENT PROBLEMS were not caused by the Republicans. It all started with Carter, a Democrat.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 07:06 am
PTHS, most of these people

PTHS, most of these people don't even realize the world extends futher than the CSRA. Ya'll play nice, I must go to work so I can "spread the wealth"

tonytonytony
tonytonytony 10/29/08 - 07:12 am
If you havent seen this, this

If you havent seen this, this guy has a few words to say about bomo and his family, it is great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4-TZspqlOs

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 10/29/08 - 07:19 am
I agree with RDK, the 23% tax

I agree with RDK, the 23% tax will have to be paid by everyone.
There would be no income tax, which only CITIZENS pay. There are some who take our tax money, and this way they would be paying taxes like everyone else.

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 10/29/08 - 07:32 am
If my taxes go up to pay for

If my taxes go up to pay for more welfare, I'll be cancelling my donations to United Way and other organizations. I prefer to choose my own charities, but can't do both!

marandan
marandan 10/29/08 - 07:32 am
Khalidi, just another

Khalidi, just another innocent coincidence of Obama associating with terrorists, right?. Ayres, Khalidi, and Obama all together at a party in honor of Khalidi(former PLO employee and public Isreal hater, who is now another professor of our younger generation at Columbia University. He is the guy that got it approved for Ahmendinejad(whatever), to come speak at Columbia last year. Man, it is unbeleivable that America is willingly giving this Terrorist sympathizer Barack Hussien Obama a free pass. What will all you idiots say after we all see our country ruined? Use some common sense, and see him for who he really is. If you vote for OBAMA you are IMO, A FOOL.

Reality
Reality 10/29/08 - 07:41 am
It is clear and sunshine

It is clear and sunshine today.....I am sure it won't last, there was talk of snow this week.......

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 07:48 am
Reality - Thanks, I'll let

Reality - Thanks, I'll let her know what to pack. It's chilly enough here though that there shouldn't be a big difference.

1941
1941 10/29/08 - 07:54 am
christian 134, you are so

christian 134, you are so right, he is to old, ignorant, and stupid to have put palin on the ticket!~ We need someone like obama. who is intelegent, presidentaly, compassionet,etc.Plus the rest of the world likes him !!!!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 07:59 am
What a great endorsement

What a great endorsement "Third world nations mired in squalor and all terrorist-supporting nations like him". The prosecution rests. Thanks, CHANGE!! for picking up my light work.

soldout
soldout 10/29/08 - 08:00 am
There is a blessing in voting

There is a blessing in voting pro-life. If life has been tough and you always vote democratic just change this one time and watch the blessings come. Are reuplicans better off because that party attracts those kind of folks or does being a republican and not supporting those who promote killing unborn babies give them a blessing??

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 10/29/08 - 08:04 am
PTHS, found something we

PTHS, found something we disagree on re your 4:20. The biggest problem I have with the SPLOST is the road improvements. This county is not and should not be in the business of subsidizing the GADOT. The GADOT is out of money because of high gas prices. Well, as you know, we all are struggling because of gas prices along with the price of everything else we buy. Part of the taxes we pay every year goes to the GADOT for these items along with the gas tax. I've already paid my taxes for these road improvements and don't feel we should pay more. The arrogance I saw at one of the meetings for the SPLOST by the county attorney was unbelievable. The county commission is full of money spending liberals that got elected as republicans because they knew they couldn't get elected any other way. With the economy the way it is, we need to put tax back in the citizen's pockets and letting the county commission think they have an open wallet any time they want to spend our money.

Reality
Reality 10/29/08 - 08:06 am
Hope she has a good trip, it

Hope she has a good trip, it gets windy this time of year so planes go all over the place...I think Gatwick has the worst cross breeze, you land side ways.

devilishlymad67
devilishlymad67 10/29/08 - 08:07 am
WORTH PASSING ON: Only in

WORTH PASSING ON: Only in America would you find a totally biased press focus on Palin's so-called $150,00 wardrobe but totally ignore Hussein Obama spending more than $600,000,000.00 trying to get elected.

Only in America would you find Hussein Obama (the leading candidate in the Presidential election) who could sit in a racist, radical church for more than 20 years and never hear the rantings of his lunatic Pastor, yet still be considered "brilliant" by the liberal press and public.

Only in America can a Presidential candidate (Barack Hussein Obama) SAY he is Christian, yet chose a MUSLIM name for himself as a grown man in college.

Only in America (while we remain in a contracted war w ith Islamic terrorism and have lost close to 10,000 lives in the war and terrorist attacks over the last 20 years) can a man even carry the name of BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA and still be considered a legitimate candidate for President.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 08:07 am
Tide - We don't disagree - I

Tide - We don't disagree - I just want a new pool and sidewalks for the homeless on Columbia Rd. I agree with ya on the GADOT stuff. Now about your football team.....

devilishlymad67
devilishlymad67 10/29/08 - 08:07 am
Only in America can a man who

Only in America can a man who began his political career in the home of a known domestic terrorist, (who also bombed the White House and Pentagon and says he wished he would have done more) be considered a good candidate for President because he is "articulate" and "charismatic".

Only in America can one candidate (Palin) who is the Governor of the largest state in the U.S. be called "inexperienced", but the opposing candidate for President (Hussein Obama) is called "ready for the job" with one term in the U.S. Senate.

Only in America can a leading candidate for President ( Hussein Obama) promise to lower taxes for 95% of the population when only 60-70% pay taxes in the first place, yet still go unchallenged with his rhetoric and actually be believed by a portion of the voting public.

Only in America can a candidate who is favored by the Islamic states and their supporters, Farrakhan, Chavez, Castro, Iran, Korea, Colombia and other terroristic nations be considered a legitimate choice for President.

devilishlymad67
devilishlymad67 10/29/08 - 08:08 am
Only in America can Hussein

Only in America can Hussein Obama be rated the most liberal Senator in the U.S. claim to be "moderate" while he is running for President and yet still go unchallenged by the so-called U.S. media.

Only in America can a radical, bigoted, hateful racist (Louis Farrakhan) who has likened White people to "the Devil" and embraces a religion which says that whites are "descendants of the devil", call Hussein Obama "the Messiah" and a "great hope" without people abandoning their support in droves.

Only in America can a Presidential candidate (Hussein Obama) claim he is going to reduce the income tax (1 TAX) on people who make less than $250,000 a year, then raise 8-10 OTHER TAXES we all pay, either in direct taxes or taxes that are passed on in the increase cost of goods and services resulting from theses increased taxes, be considered trying to help the "middle income" families of America.

Only in America can a man who is not even constitutionally eligible to hold office be so close to winning the Presidency. Hussein Obama's father was not an American and his mother was not a legal resident long enough before he was born to qualify him as eligible for the Presidency.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 10/29/08 - 08:12 am
Geez...if you think the

Geez...if you think the voting lines are long today, wait until you see the welfare lines on Nov. 5th! (If God forbid...Obama wins that is) I just might quit my job and let Obama and his "Hollywood" buddies support me for awhile. "Spread a little of that wealth" to me.

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/29/08 - 08:22 am
CHANGE!!, The rest of the

CHANGE!!, The rest of the world Likes Clean Toilet Paper Too, Lest you forget.

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 10/29/08 - 08:23 am
Robinhow- i waited 2 hours

Robinhow- i waited 2 hours because i didnt want to risk a longer wait on election day. plus, i care enough about the election to give it the time. Also, i assume people wait even longer because, if you give up when it turns out to be longer than you expected, then you truly did waste your time.

marandan
marandan 10/29/08 - 08:23 am
Yes Lipstick that is the only

Yes Lipstick that is the only way to battle this. Quit, close your business and use the system, just like the downtrodden. Show them all, you can't force socialism. In just a little while the real Obama will surface. He will tax everyone till it hurts and all the people will realize what fools they were for being misled by a phony.

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/29/08 - 08:25 am
change!! Hold onto that

change!! Hold onto that DixieChicks T-Shirt. There may be a resurgence of the Apologists Party.

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/29/08 - 08:31 am
Drive on Joe Pumber! I doubt

Drive on Joe Pumber! I doubt I'm not the only one that changes the channel or radio station everytime something about the election comes on. I want Obama to win so we can watch him fail and the economy go to crap, but Obama supporters will blame it on Bush. Obama is gonna mess us up big time!

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 10/29/08 - 08:33 am
AmericanRose: Income tax is

AmericanRose: Income tax is paid by both CITIZENS and RESIDENT ALIENS. Under the 'fair tax' EVERYONE who spends money, to include illegals and those who get paid under the table, would pay taxes.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 10/29/08 - 08:34 am
LOL. Thank god they didn't

LOL. Thank god they didn't put the pool on the SPLOST.

truthisouttherestill
truthisouttherestill 10/29/08 - 08:38 am
so the backsliding and

so the backsliding and reneging of promises by bo has already started.......and he isn't even in the whitehouse yet......he promised to not accept public money for his campaign but has now taken it.......next will be his promise of no tax increases on the middle class......biden is already dropping the threshold limit on that promise......you can expect to continue to see it drop.......some people are just so blind.......they have to be to vote for this puppet

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 08:43 am
Change way to go...Try not

Change way to go...Try not making the mistake of parroting the delusional masses...Now that would be change Change...:-)

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/29/08 - 08:44 am
He has accepted not just any

He has accepted not just any public money, but money from from questionable sources. Prepaid Credit Cards, fake names, etc. Only a fool would vote for this guy, but I say again, I hope he wins just to watch him fail.

angiesdad
angiesdad 10/29/08 - 08:44 am
pths now that post was funny!

pths now that post was funny! bush is responsible for the stability in this world? he's the most hated man in the world.i guess that 21% approval rating is just a misprint? 21% even nixon beat that and slithered away.this same guy who with cheney pulled off 911,refused to have a commission on it,gave in then told folks to go shopping?is that what fdr said also?the same guy whom after being told of the attacks sat there stuck to the chair?the same one who refused to meet cindy sheehan when she went to his ranch,but rode bikes with armstrong?the same one who attacked iraq and has no way out and leaves it for someone else to fix?the same one who borrows from china then sends surplus checks out (which didn't help the economy at all)the same one who slept while wall st robbed us blind,and screwed up the worlds financial markets?this is what you call stability pths? i think the proper word would be insanity! he gets the blame it happened on his watch (which was stolen anyway)only 5 more days folks and we'll try someone new. if he screws up he's gone also.but when obama does clean this mess up please don't try to say the repukes did it.just go away for 8 years,and where? GO SHOPPING!

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 10/29/08 - 08:45 am
Do you guys remember that

Do you guys remember that article a few days ago about a chat room where Al Qaeda stated they hope McCain wins...because he'll continue to fight the war on terror...ultimately causing an economic downfall of the US? Does anyone else think this could have been a ploy to scare all the ignorant Americans into voting for Obama instead of McCain? You know, a little reverse psychology? I'm more afraid of another 9/11 than I am a tax hike...and with Obama as our "fearless leader" - you can bet Al Qaeda will sock it to us.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 10/29/08 - 08:46 am
To the tailgating DHL driver

To the tailgating DHL driver that shadowed my car this morning. You're not going to get there any quicker by driving less than a car length behind a vehicle going the speed limit. If it's legal to pass, then pass, if it's not legal (a no-passing zone in this case), then back off until you can legally and safely pass. I did not yell, cuss, or rant at you when we stopped at the light, but I did point out that your van had the DHL phone number on it. You threatened the safety of my family by tailgating, and violated the law. Please drive safely in the future.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen