Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Chairman Ron Cross tells citizens to vote for a 1-cent sales tax for six years and he will give them a better quality of life. Columbia County conservative citizens do not believe in this socialist request by Cross.

I JUST GOT THROUGH reading Bill Kirby's Oct. 26 article. That ought to be plastered on the front of every newspaper in the United States. Keep up the good work, man.

RAVE FOR Joe the Plumber and all practicing plumbers, and a rant for the politicians who belittle their trade and the compensation they receive for their skills.

HEY, MR. MAYOR, if you and your rich friends want a $25 million stadium, have at it with your own money and don't spend poor people's money on your new toys.

COLIN POWELL is a turncoat.

THANK YOU to the three men who pushed my gray Camry on Washington Road when my car overheated.

I AM SO TIRED of the negativity of this campaign season. I just wish I had another choice when it came to voting. And, Chronicle , you guys are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to the negativity.

I HAVE A RAVE. I live on Keysville Road in Burke County and I hear beautiful chimes coming from Blythe Methodist Church. They are such a lovely sound in the middle of the day and on the weekends and the evenings. The only complaint I have is that I wish they were a little bit louder.

WHEN IS SAXBY CHAMBLISS going to realize that we don't want to see him attacking Vietnam veterans any longer? He lied about Max Cleland; now he's lying about Jim Martin.

OUR PRESENT PROBLEMS were not caused by the Republicans. It all started with Carter, a Democrat.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:11 am
Shivas, when the stock marker

Shivas, when the stock marker dropped Obama had a larger lead in the polls. Guess you didn't notice that.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 06:16 am
what makes you think shivas

what makes you think shivas cares about the stock market?

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:16 am
Shivas, no hypocrisy there.

Shivas, no hypocrisy there. She simply argued against the oil industry making unfair profits at the expense of Alaskan citizens. And she won, kinda like a "class action" lawsuit, only the ones who had been wronged got the benefit, not a bunch of lawyers.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:21 am
Shivas is a rich man, lots of

Shivas is a rich man, lots of money in the stock market. I am hoping he will "spread the wealth" my way. I really need a new Wide Glide, just to help with the gas situation. Thinking it will be blue.

griesella
griesella 10/29/08 - 06:28 am
TO all OBAma supporters: Be

TO all OBAma supporters: Be sure and turn your tv on at 8:00 tonight. Obama is spending millions of your donated dollars for this last performance (crowning ceremony perhaps) and certainly deserves a huge audience. Should be a great show. (Have to give him high ratings) I don't know if the Greek columns will be there. perhaps a throne this time. > AS for ME and mine, we will watch some other program, hopefully the World Series.

workingmom
workingmom 10/29/08 - 06:28 am
I agree with NEone and

I agree with NEone and namasta. Enough of this mud-slinging on TV and negative comments online each day. I would be happy if they would just ban all political advertisements on TV at least 3 days prior to the election. I encourage everyone to get out and vote next Tuesday if you haven't done so already. If you can't get time off from work, then go before or after work. The polls will be open.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:30 am
Did any of the Obama

Did any of the Obama supporters notice that Obiden has dropped the tax threshold to 150k. And to think I was going to buy a rig of my own. Not if Obama/Biden win. I would loose money after I was forced to "spread the wealth" that I worked for. Sorry if it sounds greedy to keep what I earned. And yes, most owner/operators make in the 200k range.

i know
i know 10/29/08 - 06:36 am
If Obama gets elected, our

If Obama gets elected, our education problems are solved. we will average the grades among all of the students and hopefully the average grade will be passing. We can get every school to have the same average GPA. No more fighting over which school is better. Everyone can get into college because everyone will have the same grade. SAT scores will be the same. Jobs will be easy to get ( "Where did you finish in your class?" "Oh I tied for 1st in my class" " Congratulations. Your hired. You will start off making exactly what I make"). I do not know about y'all, but i can see the Promise Land just around the corner.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:40 am
Obamonomics 101, you work

Obamonomics 101, you work hard and make a good living for your family. Now give your earnings away so that others who had the same opportunities you had but didn't work as hard can achieve the same standard of living.

griesella
griesella 10/29/08 - 06:40 am
i know...I have been looking

i know...I have been looking forward to the days of having a college grad cook my burger at the waffle house. Thanks to Obama we will finally more college grads than jobs available.

local girl
local girl 10/29/08 - 06:41 am
it doedn't matter what

it doedn't matter what president started this mess.bush has not done anything in eight years to make things better.only worse

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 06:42 am
i know - LOL - well stated!

i know - LOL - well stated! You get a cuppa Michelle for that.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:46 am
Obama is a good example of

Obama is a good example of the opportunities we have in America. He was born in a time that mixed race marriages were frowned upon by just about everyone. His father left when he was just a babe. Raised by a single mother. He has done a fantastic job just to be in the position to run for president. I do respect the man but there is no way I can vote for him.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 10/29/08 - 06:47 am
RBK, I guess you speak for

RBK, I guess you speak for Gen. Poweell? People can say the same for you. Perhaps you voted color?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 06:48 am
local girl - There is a big

local girl - There is a big world outside of the USA. Can you tell us what the Nikkei is without googling it? The fact that President Bush has been able to maintain so much stability here when the world is in turmoil is a testament to him and his advisors. One day you will see the light unfortunately.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:48 am
If Obama is such a believer

If Obama is such a believer in "spread the wealth", why didn't he share his record breaking donations with McCain????

devilishlymad67
devilishlymad67 10/29/08 - 06:48 am
Fox News Story: The Los

Fox News Story: The Los Angeles Times is refusing to release a videotape that it says shows Barack Obama praising a Chicago professor who was an alleged mouthpiece for the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was a designated terrorist group in the 1970s and '80s.

Bored in GA
Bored in GA 10/29/08 - 06:48 am
God has to come on the scene

God has to come on the scene shortly now that the Anti-Christ may become President!

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 06:49 am
That may be your assessment

That may be your assessment of the matter local girl but to vote for someone like Obama is completely insane...At least with McCain/Palin their plan is to grab the best of all the parties together and seek to rebound this country not throw it under the bus, so to speak, by bringing in a socialist regime...I was born and bred in the United States of America not The United Socialist States of America...My family worked hard for what they have and I will not give it out to those who sit around all day long twiddling there thumbs complaining that the welfare check is late...

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 10/29/08 - 06:50 am
Don't worry local girl. It's

Don't worry local girl. It's Øbamaman to the rescue!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 06:54 am
Woot, toot toot, The McCain

Woot, toot toot, The McCain Train is Rolling!!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 06:55 am
CBBP - fix that and turn the

CBBP - fix that and turn the page! lol

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 06:57 am
Ooops, sorry, beans for

Ooops, sorry, beans for breakfast! Just trying to get used to it should a certain party win the election!

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 06:58 am
Now you have done it

Now you have done it CBBP...tsk tsk tsk...You have plagiarized poor jack234...Oh my my my...:-)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/29/08 - 06:59 am
But 234 only toots, I can

But 234 only toots, I can woot also!

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 07:01 am
Oh okay now that makes it all

Oh okay now that makes it all better CBBP...You can woot and woot and I will support you wooting...:-)

Reality
Reality 10/29/08 - 07:02 am
Reality
Reality 10/29/08 - 07:04 am
PTHS, I was shocked to see

PTHS, I was shocked to see the DOW move so far ahead of the Nikkei 225. I believe the S&P 500 is a bigger indicator though.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 07:05 am
Reality - How nasty is the

Reality - How nasty is the weather in the moors today??

_ibewalkingtomemphis_
_ibewalkingtomemphis_ 10/29/08 - 07:06 am
smoke and mirrors, the stock

smoke and mirrors, the stock market has not reached bottom.

Storm brings heavy rain, property damage reported

The National Weather Service in Columbia says the threat of severe weather has left the Augusta area, but not before leaving behind some property damage Sunday.