Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Chairman Ron Cross tells citizens to vote for a 1-cent sales tax for six years and he will give them a better quality of life. Columbia County conservative citizens do not believe in this socialist request by Cross.

I JUST GOT THROUGH reading Bill Kirby's Oct. 26 article. That ought to be plastered on the front of every newspaper in the United States. Keep up the good work, man.

RAVE FOR Joe the Plumber and all practicing plumbers, and a rant for the politicians who belittle their trade and the compensation they receive for their skills.

HEY, MR. MAYOR, if you and your rich friends want a $25 million stadium, have at it with your own money and don't spend poor people's money on your new toys.

COLIN POWELL is a turncoat.

THANK YOU to the three men who pushed my gray Camry on Washington Road when my car overheated.

I AM SO TIRED of the negativity of this campaign season. I just wish I had another choice when it came to voting. And, Chronicle , you guys are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to the negativity.

I HAVE A RAVE. I live on Keysville Road in Burke County and I hear beautiful chimes coming from Blythe Methodist Church. They are such a lovely sound in the middle of the day and on the weekends and the evenings. The only complaint I have is that I wish they were a little bit louder.

WHEN IS SAXBY CHAMBLISS going to realize that we don't want to see him attacking Vietnam veterans any longer? He lied about Max Cleland; now he's lying about Jim Martin.

OUR PRESENT PROBLEMS were not caused by the Republicans. It all started with Carter, a Democrat.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 04:20 am
In regards to the first rant

In regards to the first rant - This conservative Columbia County resident supports Mr Cross' "request". To the Keysville Road resident - Move closer to the church!. Yet another outstanding cartoon by Rick - Keep 'em coming! G'mornin, namasta and all y'all! Happy Hump Day!

NEone
NEone 10/29/08 - 04:45 am
I'm also tired of the

I'm also tired of the negative campaign. I was tired of it a year ago. Someone should pass a law allowing only one year for the campaigning. This has gone on way too long.

robinhow
robinhow 10/29/08 - 04:59 am
Is it just me or does it seem

Is it just me or does it seem strange to others that people are willing to stand in line 3-8 hours to vote? Could there be another reason for them to be so eager??????

Nammy
Nammy 10/29/08 - 05:16 am
G'morning pths (time hack

G'morning pths (time hack LOL) and everybody! 6 days and counting...let's get this crap OVeR with!

rbk
rbk 10/29/08 - 05:24 am
I have news for the person

I have news for the person that stated that our problems started with Jimmy Carter. I agree Carter was an incompetent president, but the problems started with Lindon Banes Johnson. He was a wicked and morally corrupt president. Nixon, who was brilliant with foreign policy, was also morally corrupt when he became a co-conspirator in the Watergate Cover-up. Clinton was no better than Johnson. No president is 100% perfect, some are just better than others.

rbk
rbk 10/29/08 - 05:35 am
I have heard that some people

I have heard that some people in Lincoln county are being told that if they vote democrat for president, they have to vote democrat for all the other candidates on the ballot. This must be a ploy by the local democrats that are in power now, to stay in power. I also heard that some people are saying they can't vote for a candidate that changed from running as a democrat to running as a republican because republicans are Ku Klux Klan.

Trouble1
Trouble1 10/29/08 - 05:39 am
morning all, im with you

morning all, im with you there namasta, lets get this over with and get on with life

rbk
rbk 10/29/08 - 05:49 am
The democrats that are saying

The democrats that are saying Chamblis wants to raise taxes 23% are practicing deceptive advertising. He promotes the "Fair Tax" which would eliminate the "income tax" and other taxes, but they don't tell that, they just want every one to believe he wants to add a 23% tax. It's too bad politicians don't have to abide by truth in advertising.

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 05:52 am
Good morning all...:-) This

Good morning all...:-) This election this year is not an election but a really long dreary look into the faces of insanity...Who in their right mind would even give a second or third look at a nobody with questionable associations for the highest office in the land? Okay what is this movie line from boys and girls that so aptly describes this moment of mass insanity sweeping the land..."The Horror...the Horror"?...:-)

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 05:52 am
rbk - If they did, that would

rbk - If they did, that would end their political industry monopoly. Actually I think the ads say 30% with the creative math. Once again www.fairtax.org . I realize it's too late for many. However, the idea is not going to go away. Read about it, believe in it, support it.

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 05:53 am
It is early and the caffeine

It is early and the caffeine has not begun to kick....:-)

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/29/08 - 06:10 am
Okay c134 - It's been 15 mins

Okay c134 - It's been 15 mins - better now? G'mornin!

rbk
rbk 10/29/08 - 06:13 am
christian134, a group of

christian134, a group of people say we should be color blind, and I agree, but the same group of people that say that, don't abide by that when the candidate happens to be the their color. Colen Powel is a good example.

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 06:14 am
Yep the caffeine has begun to

Yep the caffeine has begun to kick...PTHS...Movie is "Apocalypse Now" with Marlon Brando saying that famous line at the end of the movie to Martin Sheen...:-)

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 06:19 am
rbk your comment makes

rbk your comment makes perfect sense with just the right amount of logic which is why your going or have already joined the prestigious list of nasty "racist"...Take away the color of that man's skin and I would still say Obama is as inexperienced as it is humanly possible to be inexperienced, he is a closet Muslim with criminal buddies in the domestic as well as international world...People are clamoring for this person like he is a god which is insane...

NANF
NANF 10/29/08 - 06:22 am
The 1Cent tax has to be paid

The 1Cent tax has to be paid by all the wellfare spenders too. They spend your tax dollar to start with why not vote the 1cent in and get at least that much back.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:22 am
Good Morning Awguster.......

Good Morning Awguster....... I need 3 Obama volunteers. One to pay my rent, one to pay my electric, and one to pay for my water. Just trying to help. Doing my part to "spread the wealth". Then I can do my part by spreading my wealth at the HD dealership, mechanics need jobs to. Ford dealership for a pick-up. helping the auto industry. And a nice restaurant or two, and leave the wait staff a nice tip.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/29/08 - 06:25 am
The first comment makes no

The first comment makes no sense. A one cent sales tax is socialist? Not hardly.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/29/08 - 06:27 am
Colin Powell is not a

Colin Powell is not a turncoat. Making a statement like that shows emotion but little thought.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/29/08 - 06:29 am
Often, a candidate's record

Often, a candidate's record and philosophy are very negative. How can you talk about him without being negative?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/29/08 - 06:38 am
Why is it coincidental that

Why is it coincidental that 100% of the illegal voter is Democrat? Why isn't this an issue?

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:40 am
patricia, I am positve Obama

patricia, I am positve Obama will completely ruin the economy. Nothing negative there.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 10/29/08 - 06:48 am
The tongue is an unruly evil,

The tongue is an unruly evil, God help you christian134 the cares of this world have CHOKED you.

christian134
christian134 10/29/08 - 06:49 am
I second that Joe

I second that Joe Plumber...Now all in favor of agreeing that Obama will completely ruin the economy say "Aye"...Let me be the first to say a huge "AYE"...:-) Good morning Joe as well as another great good morning everyone...:-)

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 06:52 am
We had a 890 point gain in

We had a 890 point gain in the stock market, oil prices continue to fall. Yep, we have to get the republicans out of the white house.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/29/08 - 07:03 am
How many of you folks realize

How many of you folks realize the "tax breaks" given to corps. are in the form of reduced property taxes, credit given for environmental issues. etc in an effort to keep jobs in America???

shivas
shivas 10/29/08 - 07:05 am
The stocks flourished

The stocks flourished yesterday on the new polls showing Obama gaining an insurmountable lead. They have also expressed that the country is ready for somone who inspires our citizens rather than a party that lives in paranoia, fear and lies., as has been the case for 8 years. However, expect stocks to open much lower this morning on weak earnings forecast.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 10/29/08 - 07:05 am
christian134 it's a sad

christian134 it's a sad countenance that you have so many scriptures befitting you as a modern day pharisee. Titus 2:12
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. Are you sober, righteous and godly? are you ever convicted of anything you say, you by far are unjust.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 10/29/08 - 07:07 am
christian134: 2 Peter 2:9

christian134: 2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

shivas
shivas 10/29/08 - 07:07 am
The ony true Socialist in

The ony true Socialist in this race is Sarah Palin who has praised Alaska's collectivity in spreading the wealth of the oil industry profits to Alaska citizens. What does the right-wing think of this hypocrisy? She sounds like a "whach job" to me. At least that what McCain's people are calling the Diva.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators during a misconduct investigation likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the ...