Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

ELECTION DAY is coming. I don't care for either candidate, so I'm going fishing.

WHY DON'T WE TAKE money that they want to spend on a stadium downtown and pay to tear down these raggedy abandoned houses that make Augusta look so shabby?

A BIG RAVE FOR Bruce McClure, a gentleman and a policeman. I had a blowout on my car on Brown Road, and this young man in his own private car stopped to help me by diverting traffic and changing my tire. This really made my day.

A RANT FOR Richmond County. When are you guys going to slow the trucks down on Highway 56?

WHILE THE ECONOMY is important, the safety of America and her citizens is and should be most important in everyone's mind. It is for me. So whom do you want protecting you or your family -- a lawyer or a real military man?

I WAS READING where someone said John McCain and Sarah Palin were trying their best to discredit the opposition. Actually, if people will look, the opposition discredits themselves.

A RAVE TO MCG Hospital. I had a procedure there. Everybody was wonderful from the time I stepped through the door until I left.

I WAS HOPING that somebody would dig up some dirt on Barack Obama because I don't think he should be president.

I HAVE A RANT for Hephzibah High School. My son, a freshman, just started over there, and he says the lines are so long he doesn't have time to eat breakfast in the morning. Dr. Bedden needs to step in and take a look at the long lines in the cafeteria of the children waiting to eat their breakfast. At least give them more time to eat so they won't be tardy to class.

I'M 11 YEARS OLD, and I don't appreciate the comments about Clinton. Keep them to yourself.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 02:45 am
So now we have a HS student

So now we have a HS student that can't pour a bowl of cereal, put a cuple of slices of bread or a bagel into a toaster, put a packet of oatmeal in the microwave or grab a banana and peel it? I guess if he is unable to do any of these things, the option would be to get there earlier. I thought it was silly enough when it was a middle school student rant a couple of months back, this trumps that one! G'mornin, y'all!

kat30815
kat30815 10/28/08 - 03:17 am
to the first rant......

to the first rant...... theres not just 2 choices. there could easily be an alternative party canidate who is more capable than both, but the media doesn't want you to know, its bread or butter or get up and leave.
and for the ninth.... its richmond county. even though every student should get a chance to eat with the free breakfast program, it just won't happen. your tax dollars may still pay for a few pieces of toast, but you'll be lucky if your son even gets a sip of orange juice.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/28/08 - 03:20 am
Morning comrades !! no coffee

Morning comrades !! no coffee yet so no terse comments about the riot training story...lol..howerver later on....

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 03:29 am
kat - To me it seems to be a

kat - To me it seems to be a choice between taking responsibility for the care of your offspring vs just "getting all my freebies that folks owe me!". What a bunch of BS. If your kid can't get breakfast at school for whatever reason (and I don't even give a toot toot woot woot why), make sure they are fed before leaving home.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/28/08 - 03:47 am
It also has to do with todays

It also has to do with todays parents..they seem to take for granted that the kids will eat at school..my grandaughter eats at school because she gets there early due to my daughters work schedule...but if she really wanted to eat at home she could...when she stays with me she breakfasts at home...it is just the times I guess.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 03:55 am
karma - Well it is a dismal

karma - Well it is a dismal sign of the times. Do you have an extra cup of coffee to share? Please!! (I'm too lazy to make it myself LOL) Oh and while I'm at it - Does the last rant look suspiciously like it was written by a thorny-stemmed flower who finally publicized the results of a mental exam?

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/28/08 - 04:01 am
LOL.PTHS... I am having some

LOL.PTHS... I am having some gievalia(sp) fresh ground with vanilla..umm I would be happy to share...I do not use sugar..how ever I do use fat free cream......never could develope a taste for sweet coffee...guess that puts me out of that lattee crowd...ummm the last rant does have that special smell....................

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 04:31 am
okay karma - I gave in and

okay karma - I gave in and put the bag of Maxwell House (oops is that a product endorsement in violation of the comments policy?) in the single cup Black & Decker coffee maker. I consume it black, unsweetened and unflavored. It reminds me of Michelle. Obiden '08, '12, '16, '20!!! Remember - "It's a living document"

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/28/08 - 04:32 am
Some well written words from

Some well written words from Edgefieldaily.com........Editor's post: I remember America, the land of the free and home of the brave. I remember when the politicians would refer to the Republic and how fortunate we were to live in such a United States. I remember when, if you fell upon hard times, you would pull yourself up by the bootstraps and were a better person for it. I remember when freedom was sacred and it was worth dying for. I remember when honor, trust, morality, and integrity were things we looked for in a president. I remember when an unborn child was an unborn child. I remember when government was there to serve the people, not have the people serve it. I remember when God blessed America. I am getting older now and I felt I needed to write these things down so I will be able to recall America when I tell my grandchildren about it.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/28/08 - 04:34 am
LOL...PTHS I can't do it

LOL...PTHS I can't do it black...gotta put some cream in it!.............................................Don't blame me..I voted for McCain !!

crackerjack
crackerjack 10/28/08 - 04:51 am
ussa.............wow this is

ussa.............wow this is something to show America and QUICK

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/28/08 - 04:57 am
I don't care for either

I don't care for either candidate either, but one is much preferable to the other.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/28/08 - 04:58 am
"Tearing down the raggedy

"Tearing down the raggedy houses in Augusta" is a racist statement.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 04:58 am
karma - "LOL...PTHS I can't

karma - "LOL...PTHS I can't do it black" That is a racist statement - I feel obligated to report you. You COULD do it, but you won't because it's BLACK!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/28/08 - 04:59 am
The economy and defense of

The economy and defense of America is unimportant. It's all about "when will I get that check".

crackerjack
crackerjack 10/28/08 - 05:00 am
Black coffee, no cream, no

Black coffee, no cream, no sugar also reminds me of Michelle Obama..... BITTER!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 05:00 am
PT - If we work together - we

PT - If we work together - we can probably get the entire board cleared. G'mornin! JRHC is feeling lonely discussing the Constitution on the editorial page.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/28/08 - 05:02 am
What? No time to eat the free

What? No time to eat the free breakfast because of the long lines? Maybe your son should get there earlier, or better yet, get yourself out of bed and fix him a breakfast.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/28/08 - 05:03 am
How cute, an 11 year old

How cute, an 11 year old Democrat.....sounds exactly like a 40 year old Democrat.

crackerjack
crackerjack 10/28/08 - 05:14 am
"I'll keep my freedom, my

"I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE."

Vote for McCain/Palin

factchecker
factchecker 10/28/08 - 05:21 am
OK nobody talk about that

OK nobody talk about that slimebag Clinton. You are offending people. LOL PT on your 6:03am

factchecker
factchecker 10/28/08 - 05:21 am
Did Obama change his tax plan

Did Obama change his tax plan just days before the election? True! Better check it out.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/28/08 - 05:24 am
lol.. lets see how long it

lol.. lets see how long it will take !!! and yes crackerjack...I also stand behind my right to bear arms againest a government harmful to America........ Don't blame me..I voted for McCain !!!!

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 10/28/08 - 05:25 am
The funny thing PT is

The funny thing PT is Medicine proves that at 11 your mind is not developed enough to actually have an opinion. That thought is based on nothing less than immaturity and stupidity. So it just lies there as a thought placed into immature brain cells by the stupidity of others at this point.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 05:27 am
250k, 200k, 42k - What's the

250k, 200k, 42k - What's the difference? "I voted for Obama no matter what!' I wonder if that 11 y/o was the same one that got his butt kicked at school for the Obiden hat? Hmm, 2nd cuppa Michelle kicking in.

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 10/28/08 - 05:30 am
He probably doesn't eat at

He probably doesn't eat at home because they get FREE breakfast and lunches!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/28/08 - 05:35 am
Goaliemom - That's fine. The

Goaliemom - That's fine. The issue is the welfare of the child. If he can't eat at school (for whatever reason), ensure he is fed at home. No reason to complicate it. If a person can't afford a cuple of slices of toast, a glass of juice and a banana - they probably should not have children.

kiddspur
kiddspur 10/28/08 - 05:43 am
Good morning America -- I am

Good morning America -- I am awake that much - no coffee please it might stun my growth - guess it will have to be Diet Mt. Dew -- Morning PTHS, Patricia, kara, factchecker -- you all have a good day -- now keep it clean you hear!!!

crackerjack
crackerjack 10/28/08 - 05:44 am
That's why Obama sends his

That's why Obama sends his kids to private schools.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs