Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WE NEED sidewalks on Columbia Road.

IT TOOK ONLY 3½ years for the U.S. and our allies to obtain victory in World War II. It took less than a year to defeat Italy. Why are we still fighting in a country that is so small it would fit in a corner of Italy?

I HOPE in my lifetime I see someone running for president who is truly qualified to be president and not just someone who a political party thinks can win the election.

RANT TO THE oil companies and service stations using ethanol in the fuel. Drivers need to check their miles per gallon.

GOOD WORK, Greenville. Congratulations to the federal government for busting all the illegal immigrants in South Carolina. It's about time.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN about Barack Obama running President Bush down. That's all he's got. He's never done anything to be proud of.

IT IS OBVIOUS that Americans do not appreciate what they do have; they always want more.

WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County see that some form of public transportation is needed, and not just the transit bus?

A RAVE FOR the EHS band and directors. Thanks for a good weekend! Your performance at Bands Across the Savannah was outstanding. Good luck and have fun in Hawaii next month.

GOOD FOR Todd Palin! I would want my husband involved if a pistol-toting man threatened my family!

I'M SPEAKING IN regards to Mr. Fred Boeck's comments in last Sunday's paper. If what happened in the past eight years doesn't scare the dickens out of you, I don't know what will.

I'M AFRAID that all you people out there who are wanting change don't know what you are going to get if you vote for Barack Obama.

THIS IS A giant rave for Mr. Earl Kelton - assistant principal at C.T. Walker. We really appreciate everything you do for the school and our children.

I GUESS Sen. John McCain is still going to give tax cuts to these bums that have us in the situation we are in now. That's just great!

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 01:38 pm
When American parents decided

When American parents decided it was more important for them to worry about issues other than the proper raising and education of their children, our course was laid for us. Before the age of TV, we didn't know what went on in Washington DC till long after the fact. We elected leaders who we trusted to handle those issues for us. We didn't poll ourselves for 20 months trying to predict an election, we just learned as best we can and we voted. We didn't rush to the government when times were tough, we organized locally to help those who were "down on their luck" locally and effectively. We didn't know who were having illegal abortions, we just tried to help those who carried their babies to term, and we tried to console those who may have made that choice. Before the "Information Age" we cared about the opinions and FEELINGS of everyone we interacted with. There are many great benefits of our technology. The inundation of global information/news is not one of them.

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 01:39 pm
LOL--OMG! You're gonna throw

LOL--OMG! You're gonna throw off the whole voting poll theory pths...I must be on the "do not call" list...I don't get them. (': I see, so now it's the OC train...jack# will be happy! LOL.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 01:41 pm
Mom used to say "Eat your

Mom used to say "Eat your vegetables" to keep us healthy. Now kids get fat. Mom used to say "go outside and play" to get rid of us and keep us healthy, now it's "go play your xbox". Mom used to say "you'll have to wait till we have the money", now it's "I'll get it for you on my credit card". We alll have a stake in the problem folks, we all have a responsibility to solve it. No president, vp, or politician can make us do it.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 01:44 pm
namasta - go to

namasta - go to www.moveon.org and sign up and offer to help - it's hilarious fun. You will get all sorts of calls from folks like RCR and Rose. Just tell them what they want to hear and try not to laugh until you hang up. I confess, sometimes it's impossible. Remember, if they think they are winning, they will stay on their porches.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 01:44 pm
Christian, I don't have to

Christian, I don't have to prove my Americanism to you. Too bad, you're upset with the use of the term African American. I kinda don't think African Americans, care as to how you feel.Obama is being advised by, Warren Buffet and Paul Volker. Do you think they are or would have anything to do with Socialism?You're me and feel good mode of thinking, probably apply more to Wall Street fatcats. They lived high of the hog, while companies stocks declined and then walked away, with tens of millions, for doing a lousy job.You, like most misguided Southern Strategy victims, are supporting the rich and big business and you have neither.And you call others unimformed and backwards?OBAMA/BIDEN 08 & 12!!!!!

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 01:46 pm
You telling me the OC train

You telling me the OC train is leaving without lil ole me? lmao....thanks, but no thanks....I don't want no kool-aid. Spit, spat, sputter...lol

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 01:49 pm
Well I'm going to get a

Well I'm going to get a little rest, before I head off to work.PTHS, to bad your real colors are showing through. May I suggest therapy, looks like you and your cohorts could use some.Just wear two pair of pants on November 4th. OBAMA/BIDEN 08 & 12!!!!!

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 01:59 pm
Yep I am disturbed by the

Yep I am disturbed by the term as it is used in today's world by folks such as yourself...If you had been expressed your comments with a little more civility I wouldn't have as many doubts but since you and others have finally come out of the closet to reveal yourselves as full-blown racist your words and the actions of your "people" speak for themselves as well as the delusional folks who seem to have climbed onto the band wagon...But no matter I and others will survive your Obama...Just try and make sure all your gloating doesn't come back to kick your behind RCR....As for myself I am happy....:-)

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 02:04 pm
(': back @ you

(': back @ you Christian...lol

truthbeliever
truthbeliever 10/20/08 - 02:07 pm
Boy, you all are one

Boy, you all are one Obama-hating set of hardworking upstanding responsible enlightened conscientious Christian people. I know that there is no hope for me as lazy shiftless lowlife irresponsible unenlightened Obama-loving South Augustan. Please advise.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 02:08 pm
c134 - Were you talking to

c134 - Were you talking to me, hon? lol

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 02:19 pm
truth - A sealed garage works

truth - A sealed garage works best if you have one. Otherwise, just duct tape the garden hose to the tailpipe and make sure it doesn't leak.......

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 02:21 pm
It's very unfair to

It's very unfair to charactarize Sen. Obama's supporters as "lazy shiftless lowlife irresponsible unenlightened Obama-loving South Augustans". It's equally unfair to charactarize Sen. McCain supporters as rich, snobbish, redneck, greedy or racist. I've heard both candidates discuss the negative ads during the debate, but I've never read their opinions about the nastiness of the debate on blogs concerning the election. I'd really like to hear both of them condemn their own supporters for once.

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 02:22 pm
good advice pths...bbl

good advice pths...bbl

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 02:22 pm
Well if the shoe fits

Well if the shoe fits PTHS...Far be it from me to leave anyone out...:-)

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 02:24 pm
Maybe you might want me to

Maybe you might want me to invest in some of those "gelling" inserts...:-)

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 02:26 pm
truthbeliever it is not good

truthbeliever it is not good to put yourself down friend...Your the one who obviously feels the way you do..It certainly it not I...:-)

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 02:28 pm
tall2 - I honestly think it's

tall2 - I honestly think it's gone too far (on both sides) to even attempt to comment on, mitigate, or control. These boards are g-rated bunny slopes compared to what is out there. Welcome to the wonderful internet. When you want to come join me in Utopia in the middle of the cow pasture (earlier post), bring more Boone's Farm. All electronic devices are prohibited.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 10/20/08 - 02:29 pm
"WHY ARE SO many true

"WHY ARE SO many true Republicans trying to shift the blame for the economic failure on the Democrats? George Bush will soon have been in office eight years. The blame is his entirely; give it to him."

Absolutely. Why do we even have a congress?

Rose
Rose 10/20/08 - 02:33 pm
PTHS I have done volunteer

PTHS I have done volunteer work for the Obama campaign.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 10/20/08 - 02:33 pm
7:57 post. I hae always

7:57 post. I hae always suspected that the thousands of Iraqis Saddam Hussein ordered gassed and buried in mass graves were killed by weapons of not much destruction (WNMD).

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 02:35 pm
PTHS: Gotta have my

PTHS: Gotta have my blackberry, man. I know that makes me a hypocrite to some, but technology itself isn't the problem: using technology to force your opinion or beliefs... to flame and shame others... to butt into decisions for which you are neither qualified to make nor responsible for the outcomes... to snoop into the private lives of our neighbors and leaders... those I believe we'd all be better off without. (sounds like I just named every single news outlet, eh?)

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 02:35 pm
Rose - I know! You have told

Rose - I know! You have told us! That is why I posted the stuff about how to host a party to help even more!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 02:40 pm
Rose - You might not realize

Rose - You might not realize it, but you have done a great service to the McCain/Palin campaign as well. Many of your "Pro-Obama" posts from here have been forwarded and now appear on Pro-McCain blogs as an example of "Meet the typical Obama supporter". You have helped motivate many folks to get out and vote to prevent the inmates from running the asylum.

reruns
reruns 10/20/08 - 02:44 pm
I am with you PTHS.. No shirt

I am with you PTHS.. No shirt , no shoes, no problem

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 02:45 pm
LOL PTHS ..I love those phone

LOL PTHS ..I love those phone booths and the cool taxi's ..have to admit London is my favorite "cross the pond City". (mind the gap)

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/20/08 - 02:52 pm
There's a lot of posts over

There's a lot of posts over the past few weeks and months by a person that calls other people racist, bigots, lowlife bigots, scum, racist lackeys, bootlicker, just because they disagree with him and no other justification. These are lies and should be deleted. If the monitor is falling down on the job, how about that poster going back and deleting his own posts? I have copied them and will not pursue any further appropriate action IF they are deleted. I don't care if its by the poster or by the monitor. They need to go. Some less offensive posts by other posters have been deleted, even some posts that seemed to have no violation at all. Has anyone else noticed this?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/20/08 - 02:52 pm
Is a fox watching the hen

Is a fox watching the hen house?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 03:01 pm
baroness - Take a deep breath

baroness - Take a deep breath - he isn't worth the trouble. Call MCG and ask them to check the postings from their IP addresses to the AC pages if you want to ruin him. I just let it go - so much water under the bridge. There are more important things in the world in my opinion. And that's all it is, my 2-cents.

factchecker
factchecker 10/20/08 - 03:09 pm
realistineducation - why do

realistineducation - why do you say I need a therapist? I make one post on R&R all day and I need a therapist?