Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WE NEED sidewalks on Columbia Road.

IT TOOK ONLY 3½ years for the U.S. and our allies to obtain victory in World War II. It took less than a year to defeat Italy. Why are we still fighting in a country that is so small it would fit in a corner of Italy?

I HOPE in my lifetime I see someone running for president who is truly qualified to be president and not just someone who a political party thinks can win the election.

RANT TO THE oil companies and service stations using ethanol in the fuel. Drivers need to check their miles per gallon.

GOOD WORK, Greenville. Congratulations to the federal government for busting all the illegal immigrants in South Carolina. It's about time.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN about Barack Obama running President Bush down. That's all he's got. He's never done anything to be proud of.

IT IS OBVIOUS that Americans do not appreciate what they do have; they always want more.

WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County see that some form of public transportation is needed, and not just the transit bus?

A RAVE FOR the EHS band and directors. Thanks for a good weekend! Your performance at Bands Across the Savannah was outstanding. Good luck and have fun in Hawaii next month.

GOOD FOR Todd Palin! I would want my husband involved if a pistol-toting man threatened my family!

I'M SPEAKING IN regards to Mr. Fred Boeck's comments in last Sunday's paper. If what happened in the past eight years doesn't scare the dickens out of you, I don't know what will.

WHY ARE SO many true Republicans trying to shift the blame for the economic failure on the Democrats? George Bush will soon have been in office eight years. The blame is his entirely; give it to him.

I'M AFRAID that all you people out there who are wanting change don't know what you are going to get if you vote for Barack Obama.

THIS IS A giant rave for Mr. Earl Kelton - assistant principal at C.T. Walker. We really appreciate everything you do for the school and our children.

I GUESS Sen. John McCain is still going to give tax cuts to these bums that have us in the situation we are in now. That's just great!

jack
jack 10/20/08 - 11:07 am
RCR, I hardly call.50% to 46%

RCR, I hardly call.50% to 46% a "rout" (latest Rassmussen poll) , but if it makes you feel better as a NObama cheer leader, have at it.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 11:09 am
I don't think so tall2 the

I don't think so tall2 the "wealthy" will always be with us they have the ways and means to be "poor" when they need to.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 11:12 am
You mean intelligence?

You mean intelligence? Financial skills? Common sense? Are these truly only traits now reserved for the wealthy? Why aspire to financial superiority only to be overly taxed due to it? Why not quit paying bills, trying to improve your life?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 11:13 am
karma - You been peeking

karma - You been peeking under my mattress? Shame on you! lol (those Playboy magazines and empty beer cans were left by the painters btw)

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 11:14 am
RCR-no, no, no...not angry at

RCR-no, no, no...not angry at all...just waiting with my hand out...lol. And ears wide open to anyone with wealth willing to spread it. Am thinking maybe I should have pulled a jack# (sorry just jack) and added a couple of LOL, lol, hee hees in there somewhere, I guess. ---LOL to tall2...that was funny! Until the seriousness kicked in-it's as I see it too. New World Order is in order...Who believes any of these polls anyway? You're foolish if you do. And who says I have a candidate? I'm voting for Pat Paulson! Or was that Minny Pearl? One, just not "that one"...Bwahaha...(was that really years ago or what?) LOL

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 11:19 am
PTHS: But the Hustlers are

PTHS: But the Hustlers are all yours, right? ;)

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 11:20 am
LOL pths...yeah, right! lmao

LOL pths...yeah, right! lmao

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 11:22 am
LOL PTHS...my "mattress" is

LOL PTHS...my "mattress" is waterproof ..able to stand the storms that are a coming........... however my mags and beer stash may not fair so well......

creditunion
creditunion 10/20/08 - 11:43 am
i recently met a man from

i recently met a man from north augusta who drives around in a 200 thousand dollar car but drives with dealer plates from georgia. He doesn't have any interest in a new car lot. He thought it was funny. How is this not tax evasion or is just the elite of na allowed to screw the tax payer. His neighbor does the same thing.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 11:44 am
Credit Union: That guy is

Credit Union: That guy is clearly in the wrong. How about all the SC "State Employee" tags on P.O.V.'s? Isn't that screwing the taxpayer?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 11:46 am
karma - I've got a back-up

karma - I've got a back-up plan if somebody shows up with the proverbial handbasket to hell off the Obama train. If I'm forced to live in a Socialist nation, I'll be across the pond in one that has centuries of practice at it and red phone booths. Dangit, namasta! Turn it yourself....

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 11:48 am
Come on fellas, no need to be

Come on fellas, no need to be hateful. We have two good candidates for this office of the presidency. Obama, just ran a better campaign. I have no doubt he will make a great president. He's trying to accomplish the same things John McCain wants to accomplish, they just have different ways of doing it. Throwing out all these doomsday scenarios, want work.The GOP, has done lousy job of running this country and they are about to be fired. Those same economic policies you swear by, have been a dismal failure, 700 billion worth of failures. But PTHS and Tall2 are right, you can prosper in good and bad times. If or when, Obama pulls it out, give him a chance,he's a sharp fella. Jack, no amount of crying or bitterness, is going to change a thing. At the end of the day, we are all Americans and we should unite behind the winner.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 11:53 am
The reason for any individual

The reason for any individual or business's success or failure in the last 8 years has absolutely nothing to do with the POTUS or Congress. To think anything will change in that regard is just crazy.

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 11:53 am
oops, I missed it...I was

oops, I missed it...I was busy...sorry! lol Multi-tasking...besides, I am on a years vacation! Altho, I may not offically have the job any longer, boss has been MIA way too long now! Where the heck is fire-n-ice anymore anyway?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 11:56 am
(This is real by the way -

(This is real by the way - not retouched - I keep track of the enemy) -- Dear MoveOn member, For weeks, Obama's been holding a small lead in most polls, both nationally and in key swing states. But in the last few days, several polls have shown the race tightening as undecided voters are being deluged by attack ads and robo-calls.1 (ABC News says they describe Obama as "Baby-Killing, America-ignoring, Hollywood-loving, Terrorist-Loving.")2 Our goal is to ensure Obama has enough volunteers on the ground to fight back against these smears from the McCain-Palin camp. So we're holding our final weekend (10/25-26) of MoveOn for Obama Parties to call into battleground states for Barack. And we still need a party host in Harvey. This is our best chance to give Obama the volunteers he needs for the big get-out-the-vote push in the days leading up to the Election. Can you host a party?

creditunion
creditunion 10/20/08 - 11:57 am
some are taxed to death while

some are taxed to death while others get away without paying. they say this guy in his silver porche is a millionaire but cheap ugly b if you ask me. The regular guy has to decide to put food on the table or pay the tax man yet these types get away with this. If you are rode around without a good tag we would get ticketed. This guy is very well known in na and gets away with it. So is someone else assisting him who is a new car dealer. Are they not committing fraud as well.

426Hemi
426Hemi 10/20/08 - 11:59 am
Rant to the clown who stole

Rant to the clown who stole my for sale sign after I worked hard to pull it out of my neighbors yard! Dang thieves!!!

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 12:00 pm
No, I can't...I'm

No, I can't...I'm mulit-tasking as it is...I've no time for that garbage! lol

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 12:02 pm
hemi-maybe they don't want

hemi-maybe they don't want you to leave? (': Or you, them?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 12:02 pm
Here is your chance, Rose --

Here is your chance, Rose -- Host a MoveOn for Obama Call Party
Thanks so much for hosting! We'll give you everything you need to have a successful call party. Here are a few important tips to help you sign up:

At the party we'll be hitting the phones, so you should choose your location accordingly. Your house is a great place, and a community center room can also work. (For legal reasons, please do NOT hold your event at a business or any location that charges a fee.)
So choose a space that is quiet, with enough room to spread out, and cell phone reception.
Make sure you have access to a computer with Internet and a printer at your party location. You'll need this so guests can enter their calling results, and in case you need to print more lists.
Think of whether your space has a good space to eat food -- so guests can bring snacks to the party.
We're still working out all the details of this party, so stay tuned for updates. If you have any questions about choosing a location or hosting overall, just email callparty@moveon.org.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 12:05 pm
Who needs a fair? This is

Who needs a fair? This is "More fun than a barrel of monkeys!" I'm sending in my offer to host a party now, this is gonna be a surprise for those who attend.......

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 12:07 pm
BIG surprise...lol. Hell, I'm

BIG surprise...lol. Hell, I'm surprised you're offering...lol

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 12:08 pm
Tall2, I'm not buying it. The

Tall2, I'm not buying it. The president, sets the tone of the nation with his policy proposals. This president, immediately set about to enrich the wealthy even more, without any regulations, to ensure honesty. It's no coincidence wages are down and Americans a working two and three jobs, to make ends meet.Bush and McCain, can barely even say the word middle class. To this day, McCain is still campaigning for the rich, while pretending to care about small business. If it's not the president's fault, we'll make a change, just in case. OBAMA/BIDEN 08 & 12!!!!

imdstuf
imdstuf 10/20/08 - 12:10 pm
Okay PT and Christian, if we

Okay PT and Christian, if we are worried about Islamic terrorists why do we not do anything about where the majority of them come from and get their financial support, Saudia Arabia. The majority are not from Iran. The Bush family has long had ties to the Saudi Royal family, so I guess we cannot get to the source. Meanwhile we give tax breaks to businesses, but it does not trickle down to jobs here because these corporations get the tax cuts even when they move everything overseas.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 12:10 pm
RCR - WIll you come to my

RCR - WIll you come to my Obama call party?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 12:15 pm
PTHS, what you failing to

PTHS, what you failing to understand, is Electoral map. Obama is safely ahead in all the blue states.If McCain loses one of the larger red states, it over. Looking at polls trying to pedict national turnout, is one thing, but it's electoral map, that McCain/Palin has to change.Good thing they kept their day jobs. Keep hope alive!!! OBAMA/BIDEN 08 & 12!!!!

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 12:16 pm
if we are worried about

if we are worried about Islamic terrorists why do we not do anything about where the majority of them come from and get their financial support, Saudia Arabia.-- Because we are addicted to oil, and that addiction far predates President Bush. Meanwhile we give tax breaks to businesses, but it does not trickle down to jobs here because these corporations get the tax cuts even when they move everything overseas-- Free trade and high corporate taxes drive jobs overseas, as well as our unquenched desire for cheap products. Tax breaks to business are good, tax breaks to businesses which outsource jobs overseas are bad. GM, Ford, Chrysler, .. all would lose tax breaks if we stopped giving them to corporations which have moved jobs overseas.

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 12:27 pm
RCR you now crying out that

RCR you now crying out that your American...Please just a while back your main theme was African-American...Either way though it makes not one bit of difference as to Obama's intent and that is to institute socialism into our nation...I have not one bit of use for his or anyone else's liberalized way of living...This nation has gone way past what is good, right and moral into the throes of "whatever feels good" mode of thinking as long as it doesn't invade your space...Well let me clue you all in...It already has invaded and set up house, so to speak...Since the love of "Me" is policy the babies are continuing to be slaughtered as I write, the language of the day is cursing without thought of consequence, drugs and alcohol are two main sources used to relieve the ugliness in a person's life, etc....To have a man in office who hasn't a care as to what happens to folks in this nation is disgusting and amoral...If you people believe this man to be honest and God fearing you need help...

realistineducation
realistineducation 10/20/08 - 12:33 pm
factchecker needs to really

factchecker needs to really check in with a therapist

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 12:37 pm
Woohooo - Just got another

Woohooo - Just got another polling call. I'm still voting for Obama! Just like I told the last 9 of them. I even support reparation payments for descendents of slaves. Operation Chaos is alive and well!