Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WE NEED sidewalks on Columbia Road.

IT TOOK ONLY 3½ years for the U.S. and our allies to obtain victory in World War II. It took less than a year to defeat Italy. Why are we still fighting in a country that is so small it would fit in a corner of Italy?

I HOPE in my lifetime I see someone running for president who is truly qualified to be president and not just someone who a political party thinks can win the election.

RANT TO THE oil companies and service stations using ethanol in the fuel. Drivers need to check their miles per gallon.

GOOD WORK, Greenville. Congratulations to the federal government for busting all the illegal immigrants in South Carolina. It's about time.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN about Barack Obama running President Bush down. That's all he's got. He's never done anything to be proud of.

IT IS OBVIOUS that Americans do not appreciate what they do have; they always want more.

WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County see that some form of public transportation is needed, and not just the transit bus?

A RAVE FOR the EHS band and directors. Thanks for a good weekend! Your performance at Bands Across the Savannah was outstanding. Good luck and have fun in Hawaii next month.

GOOD FOR Todd Palin! I would want my husband involved if a pistol-toting man threatened my family!

I'M SPEAKING IN regards to Mr. Fred Boeck's comments in last Sunday's paper. If what happened in the past eight years doesn't scare the dickens out of you, I don't know what will.

WHY ARE SO many true Republicans trying to shift the blame for the economic failure on the Democrats? George Bush will soon have been in office eight years. The blame is his entirely; give it to him.

I'M AFRAID that all you people out there who are wanting change don't know what you are going to get if you vote for Barack Obama.

THIS IS A giant rave for Mr. Earl Kelton - assistant principal at C.T. Walker. We really appreciate everything you do for the school and our children.

I GUESS Sen. John McCain is still going to give tax cuts to these bums that have us in the situation we are in now. That's just great!

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 09:53 am
For all of you bo folks try

For all of you bo folks try reading "Animal Farm" It will tell you how "bo and his" are going to live and how you (my poor deluded ones) are going to live....hey I can even see powell living in the "house"....I choose "Animal Farm" because even a simple minded bo-fan can understand it ~ : o )

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 10/20/08 - 09:58 am
And I thought a long nap this

And I thought a long nap this weekend would make you all go away. Guess I was wrong. The leech has two daughters, Give. Give. Why is it that so many Columbia Co residents work in RC? Go back and stay there you bunch of deserters. You bunch are part of the RC problems. Cowards for not staying and trying to make it better. Now I see educators driving Mercedes? What school district is this? Non-ethanol fuel is available on Washington Rd at the 'D's' station. Good work Greenville, I guess the cost of chicken will go up now. I will be so glad when someone is elected and we can all just shut up about the whole bunch of crooks running. Get real folks. All politicians are crooks. Now ya'll have some kinda bad day or sumpin. I'm gonna go back and sleep 'til next Monday. BOOOOORING. SOS from soPOS, talkin S 'bout more S. Does it smell in here or what?

ToomuchmoneyIhave
ToomuchmoneyIhave 10/20/08 - 09:58 am
I loved animla farm. It was

I loved animla farm. It was so sad what happened to that hoarse.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 10:07 am
No PTHS,just read it and

No PTHS,just read it and weep. Look on the bright side, McCain may win a hollow victory in Ga. Kramar, as a person who lived in New York, for a good length of time. I can truly say to you and the other haters, that the New York Times, is one of the top two three newspapers, in the world. You down them, because they don't tell you what you want to hear. They are a Pulitzer prize winning, tremendous organization, this election aside. If you read it on regular basis, you would know what I'm talking about.Stick with your biased Augusta Chronicle, son. You're not ready for meat.

Rose
Rose 10/20/08 - 10:10 am
Most of the donations to the

Most of the donations to the Obama campaign are under $200. Many of those are under $100. My husband and I donated 3 times, and all 3 were under $25. I am not sure about the amount a donor makes that has to be made public, but isn't it $200?

Rose
Rose 10/20/08 - 10:13 am
RCR is something wrong with

RCR is something wrong with your email? I sent you something over the weekend and it failed.

reruns
reruns 10/20/08 - 10:18 am
Richmond County has what to

Richmond County has what to offer vs Columbia County. Jobs... That is it. In the next ten years you will see the shift to CC for jobs they are on the way. Housing in CC vs RC. RC either a trailor or a house in a crummy neighborhood. (there are only a small handful that are not but noone is selling) Columbia County has land, houses in a variety of neighborhoods and a grocery store on every corner.

reruns
reruns 10/20/08 - 10:18 am
Lets not start on Education

Lets not start on Education

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 10:26 am
RCR - I read the Gray Lady

RCR - I read the Gray Lady every day. I just hope your audience believes your cheerleading. That way they will sit happily on their rockers on the front porch, smoking their ACORN provided cigarettes, drinking the bottle of Ripple bought with their "registration bonus" and celebrating a sure victory rather than actually going to the polls.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 10:28 am
Seems my retirement funds

Seems my retirement funds lost 10% of their value in the last fiscal year... where's the 40% loss I keep hearing about? My home was appraised last week... 4% gain over last year... 7 credit offers arrived in my mail Friday, credit squeeze?? A quick survey of my football buddies (nice cross section of race and political opinion in that group) found similar answers for those also. In my opinion, the economic "crisis" was timed wonderfully for the presidential election.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 10:30 am
"Most of the donations to the

"Most of the donations to the Obama campaign are under $200. Many of those are under $100. My husband and I donated 3 times, and all 3 were under $25. " Rose I feel very sorry for you..that vile creature is sucking the little money that some poor folks have and it's not going to stop there.......He will ask more of his slaves (ummm followers) in the future..."One step forward two steps back"

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 10:34 am
Sen Obama has established a

Sen Obama has established a new standard in fund-raising and organization building. He has set forth a blueprint of how all elections will be financed and organized in the future. I admire him for this skill. I don't think it's right, but I admire the skills nonetheless.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 10:37 am
Lived in NY and read the

Lived in NY and read the Times...only good thing in that liberal rag is the Market reports ..the Fashion section and my fave..the crossword puzzel ( I still get it online.)..the rest is birdcage carpet

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 10:37 am
Hi Rose, I'll check it out

Hi Rose, I'll check it out and get back to you. I know you have been keeping up. We're almost home(White House).I get a big laugh, reading some of these crybabies and conspiracy theorist.They think, if you believe any different from them, then you're unimformed, that's sheer lunacy.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 10:38 am
tall2 - I just checked with

tall2 - I just checked with my CFP too. I won't bother to tell you how much better off I am than I was 7 years ago....nobody but you would believe me.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 10/20/08 - 10:40 am
Hawaii is dropping its

Hawaii is dropping its universal child health care program because people who were able to afford health care began to stop paying for it so they could get it for free.

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 10:41 am
I want to hear all you rich

I want to hear all you rich b*s*a*ds say you WANT to give up your money!!!! So spread your wealth! LOL I am so looking forward to it...pths-I saw that. (':

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 10:43 am
NLA: I've already begun my

NLA: I've already begun my preparations for the Obama Administration. America cannot lose if Obama wins: either he will indeed fix the problems or his party will have unescapable culpablility in '12.

Nammy
Nammy 10/20/08 - 10:43 am
Gimme, gimme, gimme....lol

Gimme, gimme, gimme....lol Where's your favorite "W" movie critic? Was hoping to hear how was it?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 10:47 am
John McCain got some good

John McCain got some good news today: The Charleston Daily Mail endorsed him, saying that since he will only be a one-term president, he can do the right thing to make tough decisions. When they told him the endorsement was for only four years, McCain said, “Four years — that’s great. My doctor only gave me two.” -- Leno

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 10:48 am
tall2 I think anyone with any

tall2 I think anyone with any common sense has begun that preparation..bo will not be taxing any money he can't find..lol it's most likely where he has his own stashed... One step forward..Two steps back.............

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 10:49 am
Namasta, you seem so angry.

Namasta, you seem so angry. You must make over 250,000 dollars? Either that or you're a Southern Strategy victim, gone wild. You drunk all the GOP's koolaid, too bad. You candidate is getting routed and I couldn't be happier.OBAMA/BIDEN 08 & 12!!!!!

jack
jack 10/20/08 - 10:50 am
eeyore282, are you delusional

eeyore282, are you delusional this morning? The economy was in recesson when Bush took office and pulled us out of it with lower taxes. Unemployment was the lowest in history and the GDP (look it up) was growing at a healthy pace for at least the first five years of Bush's Presidency. We were attacked with 3000 innocent people killed on 9/11, less than a year after Bush took office and Katrina hit. BJ Cliton had none of this to contend with and an unusual period of growth on the stock market until the .com bubble busted followed by a recession. As for McCain's appearnace when deplaning, I didn't see a skeleton, but I didn't see a healthy person either. He still doesn't have full use of his arms. On the ohter hand, the DIMocRATS have controlled Congress for two years and we have a major drop in our economy caused by DIMs opposing re-regulation of banks and refusal to address Fannie and Freddie's policies of granting mortgages to those who could not afford a house in the first place, unemployment rising to 6.5% from Republican rates of less than 5%. Yeah, it's easy for you DIMocRAT ignorant dolts to blame the one man who has lilttle or nothing to do with our economy.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 10:51 am
Namasta: I'm not rich, but

Namasta: I'm not rich, but I'm certainly a bastard, so I'll reply to you. I saw a guy in the rain Friday holding a sign on Washington Rd for a going out of biz sale. I stopped, got out, asked him if he was making minimum wage. He said "you know it". I handed him $5. He asked what it was for. I told him "I'd rather share my wealth with people like you who work and need it." He said thanks. I'm going to try to do that as much as I can, until Nov 4. Domino's delivered a couple subs to my house Sat nite. (They're great, btw.) We always tip drivers well. Our driver thanked us and told me tips were gone since free delivery was stopped. In other words, people stopped giving freely once free delivery was halted. That is what I believe will happen if the rich are taxed anymore than they already are. Charities will starve, and the government will be the only source for help to the truly needy.

jack
jack 10/20/08 - 10:52 am
RCR, why is NObama hiding the

RCR, why is NObama hiding the names of his contributors? McCain has published his. If so well financed and millions spent on his campaign, why has he not further ahead in the polls than he is?

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 10:54 am
"That is what I believe will

"That is what I believe will happen if the rich are taxed anymore than they already are. Charities will starve, and the government will be the only source for help to the truly needy."..All joking aside you are right tall2 and anyone with any money is not going to willingly hand it ove to bo's new world order...so what is going to happen?

jack
jack 10/20/08 - 10:56 am
RCR, the NY TNobama Times has

RCR, the NY TNobama Times has ceased to be a world class news papr and has become nothing more than a Nobama propaganda organ and losing readers daily. You are right, we conservatives don't like the Ny Nobama Times because it offers nothing news worthy.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 11:00 am
Karma: I can only guess. More

Karma: I can only guess. More poor, less middle class, no wealthy class. Weaker USA militarily, inability to finance current programs, failure to keep promises made to our retiring citizens who built this country on their own ambition and skill. On the upside, it may just destroy enough to allow for a true rebuilding of the system.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 11:01 am
RCR...I see you

RCR...I see you as....."Muriel - The white goat who reads the Seven Commandments to Clover whenever Clover suspects the pigs of violating their prohibitions." And for you rose.."Clover - A good-hearted female cart-horse and Boxer's close friend. Clover often suspects the pigs of violating one or another of the Seven Commandments, but she repeatedly blames herself for misremembering the commandments. "

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 11:05 am
Seems hypocritical to me:

Seems hypocritical to me: Sen. Obama's supporters will gladly submit $5, $10, $20 up to $200 to his campaign, avoiding the Government Financing System, yet it's centerpiece issue is to collect taxes from "rich people" to redistribute to the needy. Wouldn't it have been consistant for him to take the government money? Wouldn't those small contributions, if redirected to the needy, have helped the very people he claims to represent? My point is: Americans are the most generous in the world, when not forced to give. If you required those same Obama supporters to give to support the needy, what response do YOU believe you'd get?