Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WE NEED sidewalks on Columbia Road.

IT TOOK ONLY 3½ years for the U.S. and our allies to obtain victory in World War II. It took less than a year to defeat Italy. Why are we still fighting in a country that is so small it would fit in a corner of Italy?

I HOPE in my lifetime I see someone running for president who is truly qualified to be president and not just someone who a political party thinks can win the election.

RANT TO THE oil companies and service stations using ethanol in the fuel. Drivers need to check their miles per gallon.

GOOD WORK, Greenville. Congratulations to the federal government for busting all the illegal immigrants in South Carolina. It's about time.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN about Barack Obama running President Bush down. That's all he's got. He's never done anything to be proud of.

IT IS OBVIOUS that Americans do not appreciate what they do have; they always want more.

WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County see that some form of public transportation is needed, and not just the transit bus?

A RAVE FOR the EHS band and directors. Thanks for a good weekend! Your performance at Bands Across the Savannah was outstanding. Good luck and have fun in Hawaii next month.

GOOD FOR Todd Palin! I would want my husband involved if a pistol-toting man threatened my family!

I'M SPEAKING IN regards to Mr. Fred Boeck's comments in last Sunday's paper. If what happened in the past eight years doesn't scare the dickens out of you, I don't know what will.

WHY ARE SO many true Republicans trying to shift the blame for the economic failure on the Democrats? George Bush will soon have been in office eight years. The blame is his entirely; give it to him.

I'M AFRAID that all you people out there who are wanting change don't know what you are going to get if you vote for Barack Obama.

THIS IS A giant rave for Mr. Earl Kelton - assistant principal at C.T. Walker. We really appreciate everything you do for the school and our children.

I GUESS Sen. John McCain is still going to give tax cuts to these bums that have us in the situation we are in now. That's just great!

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 08:24 am
Yes, American's are

Yes, American's are struggling to survive. Just look at those emaciated, undernourished folks running around everywhere. Can't afford health insurance because someone took advantage of their stupidity and sold them a house. Can't afford their credit card debt because no one told them they'd have to repay it. Yet there doesn't seem to be any reduction in the huge amount of FAT they carry around, does there? I'm fed up with "hand-to-mouth disease".

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 08:30 am
It only took 3.5 yrs to win

It only took 3.5 yrs to win WWII and less than a year to defeat Italy because CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox wasn't around to critique every freakin move we made. People didn't know the distasteful things done by us in the name of freedom, and didn't care.

rbk
rbk 10/20/08 - 08:46 am
For the person who hopes to

For the person who hopes to see someone running for president who is “truly qualified” to be president. As a general rule, most people who aspire to move into a higher position of leadership, are not “truly qualified” for that position until they have been in that position for a while and then they either take to it and become competent at it, or they fail. Reagan was one that did well, Carter was one that failed. In one of the psychology courses I took in college, they talked about the “Peter Principle”. It states that a person will do well and advance until he/she reaches the level of his/her incompetency.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/20/08 - 08:58 am
Just another great day here

Just another great day here at Apple Records. I took a poll here in my Winder neighborhood. Not one homeowner even knew anyone that was voting for Obama.

digmick
digmick 10/20/08 - 09:08 am
Patricia, "thrust" upon him?

Patricia, "thrust" upon him? He and his administration "chose" to attach Iraq.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 10/20/08 - 09:13 am
I don't think people are

I don't think people are being honest about who they are voting for. A lot of people say they will vote for Obama for fear of being labeled a racist.

sgachief
sgachief 10/20/08 - 09:18 am
shame on sonny "give ME all

shame on sonny "give ME all your money" perdue for cutting retirement benefits of the hardest working employees on the state and local payroll. EDUCATORS they earned it and paid THEIR money into it, they should be able to keep it. their retirement has NOTHING to do with the state debt.

rbk
rbk 10/20/08 - 09:21 am
For the person who said Obama

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/20/08 - 09:24 am
If these brilliant educators

If these brilliant educators keep driving down the road, talking on cellphones, eating their morning biscuits and putting on their pantyhose and makeup, they won't live till retirement!

rbk
rbk 10/20/08 - 09:25 am
Sorry about the double post.

Sorry about the double post. Screwed up with copy and paste from my Word document. For the person who said Obama has never done anything to be proud of. I don’t approve of Obama’s past associations with certain people or his opinions as in politics and I sure don’t want to see him in as president. However I think he can be proud of his accomplishments concerning rising from the background he was in as a child and getting an education. Perhaps some of his bad ideas are the product of liberal politically correct professors he sat under in college. Also, as far as I can tell from what I read and hear, he seems to be a good family man. That being said, I hope he is defeated in the election.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/20/08 - 09:25 am
I'd like to know where 160

I'd like to know where 160 million came from in September. If it came from some churches or church sponsored drives then they should be taxpayers!

_Ibewalkingtomemphis
_Ibewalkingtomemphis 10/20/08 - 09:36 am
dickmick, "he and his

dickmick, "he and his administration (chose) to attach". Isn't congress tied in there somewhere dickmick??? Didn't the democrats support the war at its onset, dickmick??? Ok, so you are stupid!

Jillian
Jillian 10/20/08 - 09:37 am
yiiikes it's

yiiikes it's coldddddddddddddd this morning!! Time to dig up the flannels and curl up in front of the fireplace.

Have a great day everybody. I'll be so glad when the election is OVER.

carolinafrog
carolinafrog 10/20/08 - 09:39 am
RANT to the cowards that

RANT to the cowards that stole my McCain/Palin campaign signs in the cover of night on both Fri & Sat nights from my PRIVATE property on Central Ave near Milledge Rd. You have violated my 1st Amendment right, trespass & steal again to discuss what my 2nd Amendment right is.

griesella
griesella 10/20/08 - 09:50 am
I doubt the ranter is smart

I doubt the ranter is smart enough to know that during WWII millions of young men were drafted, drafted to go fight in European countries and that around 300,000 of our young American men lost their lives. Is that what you want now? Send hundred of thousands to Iraq and don't bother yourself with the deaths of our young people. Foolish people make foolish rants.

newtothegame
newtothegame 10/20/08 - 09:51 am
RANT to the cowards that

RANT to the cowards that stole my Obama/ Biden signs in the cover of night both Fri & Sat nights from my PRIVATE property on West Lake Drive in West Lake.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 09:56 am
LMAO newto!!! You probably

LMAO newto!!! You probably had them set up too close to the sidewalk.

griesella
griesella 10/20/08 - 09:58 am
B.O. has collection more than

B.O. has collection more than 500 Millions dollars in his bid for the presidency (they refuse to release the names of about half of the donors-it is runored that the NYT is investigating). Anyhow..the point is, since Obama himself said he wants to spread the taxpayers wealth, then I would think he could easily spread a few of his millions around. Doesn't he know any poor or homeless who have more need than Acorn and the Advertising agencies? This nitwit should practice what he preaches.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/20/08 - 09:58 am
Rant to the person who stole

Rant to the person who stole my will work for food sign from the corner of I-520 and Wheeler Road!

carolinafrog
carolinafrog 10/20/08 - 10:05 am
Good one CBBP, I needed that

Good one CBBP, I needed that laugh. But my sign was on my private property no matter how close/far to the sidewalk, my private property is my private property. They will be back if they are brave enough. CBBP, I think I saw your sign moved to Milledge & Broad!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 10:07 am
CBBP - I saw it was moved and

CBBP - I saw it was moved and set up in the left turn lane at Wheeler and Robert C Daniel Pkwy. Good luck getting it back......so go ahead and turn that page of your life!

lostmymind
lostmymind 10/20/08 - 10:07 am
"WHY ARE SO many true

"WHY ARE SO many true Republicans trying to shift the blame for the economic failure on the Democrats?"
I guess I thought everyone knew that our goverment works on a checks and balance system. The president can only do what congress and the senate allow him to do and vice versa. We need to place blame where it should go, and that is on the goverment as a whole and on ourselves for taking out loans that you knew could not be paid back!! People we need to live within our means!

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 10:11 am
Vgy: beautiful.

Vgy: beautiful.

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 10:14 am
CBBP I needed that

CBBP I needed that giggle...Thanks....:-)

griesella
griesella 10/20/08 - 10:14 am
There is an Obama-biden sign

There is an Obama-biden sign cluttering a yard around the corner from me if you need another one, you are welcome to come get it.

ITDoc
ITDoc 10/20/08 - 10:29 am
Since I know Obama supporters

Since I know Obama supporters believe in sharing the wealth, I'm sure to charge them double for my services.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 10/20/08 - 10:38 am
News flash McCainiacs, John

News flash McCainiacs, John McCain spent the weekend campaigning in states, he should have locked up by now.Obama is safely ahead in all the blue states, while McCain is even or behind in ten states, that went red in 2004.Some of them, he is behind ten percentage points. Couple that with Obama's huge monetary advantage, well financed get out the vote campaign, and major endorsements from Colin Powell and most of the major news organizations, the McCain/Palin ticket is toast. Crying about Socialism, blaming the Democratic congress or saying Obama supporters are misimformed, is hllarious.What Gen. Powell said and that fact that Warren Buffet is an advisor, makes the Socialism call, unlikely.As for blaming the democratic congress, common sense will tell you, this problem is more than two years in the making. Also an unimformed voter, is someone talking about speading some wealth, that he or she doesn't have.Get ready for president Barack Obama!!!OBAMA/BIDEN 08 & 12, I tried to tell you!!!!!!!!!!

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 10:39 am
LOL to all the chuckles this

LOL to all the chuckles this morning....The NYT is investigating?
Now thats a joke!!! Yep lil bo is certainly going to have some "splainin" to do when all his non-working slaves (ummm followers) start asking for him to spread some of HIS wealth...lol it's gonna be a hoot!!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 10:41 am
RCR - Were you an ARC

RCR - Were you an ARC cheerleader in an earlier life?

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/20/08 - 10:42 am
Colon Powell is also not

Colon Powell is also not God...he makes mistakes and falls under the spell of the obamessiah like others of his ilk...too bad ...too sad...wonder how he's gonna like spreading around his wealth..or like most others have already moved their money off shore?