Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WE NEED sidewalks on Columbia Road.

IT TOOK ONLY 3½ years for the U.S. and our allies to obtain victory in World War II. It took less than a year to defeat Italy. Why are we still fighting in a country that is so small it would fit in a corner of Italy?

I HOPE in my lifetime I see someone running for president who is truly qualified to be president and not just someone who a political party thinks can win the election.

RANT TO THE oil companies and service stations using ethanol in the fuel. Drivers need to check their miles per gallon.

GOOD WORK, Greenville. Congratulations to the federal government for busting all the illegal immigrants in South Carolina. It's about time.

PEOPLE COMPLAIN about Barack Obama running President Bush down. That's all he's got. He's never done anything to be proud of.

IT IS OBVIOUS that Americans do not appreciate what they do have; they always want more.

WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County see that some form of public transportation is needed, and not just the transit bus?

A RAVE FOR the EHS band and directors. Thanks for a good weekend! Your performance at Bands Across the Savannah was outstanding. Good luck and have fun in Hawaii next month.

GOOD FOR Todd Palin! I would want my husband involved if a pistol-toting man threatened my family!

I'M SPEAKING IN regards to Mr. Fred Boeck's comments in last Sunday's paper. If what happened in the past eight years doesn't scare the dickens out of you, I don't know what will.

WHY ARE SO many true Republicans trying to shift the blame for the economic failure on the Democrats? George Bush will soon have been in office eight years. The blame is his entirely; give it to him.

I'M AFRAID that all you people out there who are wanting change don't know what you are going to get if you vote for Barack Obama.

THIS IS A giant rave for Mr. Earl Kelton - assistant principal at C.T. Walker. We really appreciate everything you do for the school and our children.

I GUESS Sen. John McCain is still going to give tax cuts to these bums that have us in the situation we are in now. That's just great!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 01:55 am
A RAVE to the "start of the

A RAVE to the "start of the week" AC webmaster for having the online edition updated and functional in a timely manner. Your dedication and professionalism are noticed. Thank you!

Trouble1
Trouble1 10/20/08 - 05:14 am
morning all, in response to

morning all, in response to the rant about americans always wanting more..........that would be what makes our country so great, our drive to better ourselves........

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 06:04 am
How about ranting to the

How about ranting to the Federal Govt who yielded to the enviornmental wackos and mandated the use of ethanol in gasoline?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/20/08 - 06:06 am
While Iraq is a relatively

While Iraq is a relatively small country, radical islam covers the entire middle east and parts of Asia. The financing and troop supply comes from many countries that can't be retaliated against and are strategically located. The whole time America has been defending itself in the middle east, it has had to defend itself from attacks from the left here in our country. The ranters lack of knowledge reeks of the typical Democrat voter who gets her information from the CNN/PBS style filtered news.

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 06:08 am
Good Morning to all...:-)

Good Morning to all...:-) Ya'll stay safe today....

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/20/08 - 06:11 am
I feel most Americans DO

I feel most Americans DO appreciate what they have, they're just not satisfied with "good enough" so they always want more or better. That's why people all over the world aren't scrambling to get to Spain.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/20/08 - 06:15 am
Even though Bush inherited a

Even though Bush inherited a recession and had a war forced on him, the economy boomed and unemployment was at an all time low for 4 1/2 of his first 6 years. All of that changed when the Dems took control of congress. Is that just coincidence?

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 06:16 am
On the war rant - In WWII we

On the war rant - In WWII we were not concerned about civilian casualties or collateral damage and didn't have reporters peeking over our sholders with sat phones and internet to second guess our every move and make sure we were nice to the enemy. We could flatten Iraq in 20 minutes - that was never the goal. The mission was regime change and liberation - which has happened. I won't even bother to make fun of the ranter's "knowledge" of geography.

truth-now
truth-now 10/20/08 - 06:20 am
So Obama wants to "spread the

So Obama wants to "spread the wealth," huh? When those with their hands out outnumber/out vote those who produce wealth in this country, the producers will stop producing because there will be no incentive to do so. Then the government will force the producers to keep producing so the welfare train can keep rolling along. SOCIALISM.

factchecker
factchecker 10/20/08 - 06:21 am
Democrats - Killing off the

Democrats - Killing off the tax base since Roe v. Wade.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/20/08 - 06:24 am
The two big McCain / Obama

The two big McCain / Obama differences are still 1) stimulate the economy or try to tax our way out of this recession and 2) nominate constitutionalists to the supreme court or nominate lawyers that "feel" the law to the supreme court.

kat30815
kat30815 10/20/08 - 06:35 am
i think the next

i think the next admisistration needs to CAREFULLY raise some taxes. cut wasteful or fruitless spending on projects, and basically become as frugal as the middle class people, who are now shivering at home, as they debate the cost of turning on the heat.
we need to drastically reduce our national debt over the next 4 years. EVERYBODY needs to drastically reduce their debt. let the loansharks.... i mean credit card companies, starve and die a horrible death.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/20/08 - 06:44 am
kat, that is the nail that

kat, that is the nail that needs to be driven right into Congresses heart, but I seriously doubt it will happen!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 06:51 am
kat's post makes me want to

kat's post makes me want to dig out my tie-dye shirt and bandana, pick some flowers for my hair, fetch my guitar and go sit in the middle of a field playing Bob Dylan while drinking a bottle of Boone's Fam wine until I find Utopia.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/20/08 - 06:55 am
Take a trip and never leave

Take a trip and never leave the Farm!!

kiddspur
kiddspur 10/20/08 - 07:22 am
Well said ColdBeer

Well said ColdBeer BoiledPeanuts --- There you go - a good solution-- morning PTHs, Trouble, Patricia ; only names I recognize... Have a good day.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/20/08 - 07:40 am
IT IS OBVIOUS ....You are

IT IS OBVIOUS ....You are right 100% We are the most spoiled rotten, ungrateful human's on this planet. We have it so good, most complain & nick pick every little thing that does not go the way we want it. Except ME :) I don't complain about anything because I know it will not help..Except that BIGMOUTH that was calling everyone names a couple days ago. Anyone remember who it was? I'm sure if I keep an eye on this board today...BIGMOUTH will give themself away!...lol

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 10/20/08 - 07:46 am
Well good morning all--I see

Well good morning all--I see we are playing nice today. lol I don't have to comment on the War Rant because everyone beat me to it. Y'all play nice today

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/20/08 - 07:46 am
WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County

WHY CAN'T COLUMBIA County ....Coumbia County does not need any...didn't you know people in C.C. don't allow anyone to live there that has to use public transporation? You better come back here to LA...to lower Augusta..to .Richmond County...lol

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/20/08 - 07:52 am
PNC - Dang man, you saw

PNC - Dang man, you saw through our CC "master plan". lol

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/20/08 - 07:54 am
I don't believe in political

I don't believe in political parties,,they don't really exsist it's not Dems & Reps..it's them ( being politicans) & us being Taxpayers. Why do you think Senators do not pay taxs? Because their...(them) & them don't pay taxs. Got it!

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/20/08 - 07:55 am
PNC...lol...lol...LMAO...lol

PNC...lol...lol...LMAO...lol :)

eeyore382
eeyore382 10/20/08 - 07:57 am
All of you pres bush lovers

All of you pres bush lovers are just blind. under clinton the economy was very good. it was never with bush. no war was forced on on bush! he lied about WMD! in which has caused over 4000 in deaths of american soldiers he should be put on trial for war crimes and for john mccain he looked pretty healthy when he got off the airplane and the bus,you just don't gain weight over night when your released from a pow camp and you know they are not being fed gourmet meals in a pow camp. unless you were a snitch! Hero?

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 08:01 am
If people will not come out

If people will not come out of their delusional state of "Our light in the darkness Obama will make everything alright and we all are going to have everything and then some" mentality we, the nation, that once held a beacon of freedom will all dissolve...We are heading for a one world government and the terrible part about all this has to be the blind utter ignorance of the masses that are not only supporting it but are bowing down hungering for it...

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 08:02 am
Oh well I am happy

Oh well I am happy otherwise....I woke up and can feel the coolness of a beautiful sunny morning...:-)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/20/08 - 08:06 am
Repubs bad, Dems good. Hehaw,

Repubs bad, Dems good. Hehaw, eeyore speak. Need more CNN kool aid. Repubs bad.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 10/20/08 - 08:09 am
Gloom, despair and agony. You

Gloom, despair and agony. You do live in a dark world.

tusmooth1
tusmooth1 10/20/08 - 08:10 am
EEYORE382, They can't read

EEYORE382, They can't read anything that has support for OBAMA or anything that may show there precious McCain as something other than what he really is. Sad.

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 08:13 am
Up Up and Away...Good Sunny

Up Up and Away...Good Sunny Morning Hypo...Feeling good today...Air is cool and the day is great...:-)

christian134
christian134 10/20/08 - 08:15 am
The world our world this

The world our world this nation may end up going over the edge of sanity into insanity but I am happy...Yep Yep...More caffeine...I am demanding More Caffeine...:-)

2 Greenbrier students charged with 'playing chicken' Wednesday

Two Greenbrier High School students, one a member of the Wolfpack's state champion baseball team, were arrested Wednesday on charges of "playing chicken" in front of Greenbrier Middle.