Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WHILE I DON'T agree with the DOT's decision not to allow left turns from Wheeler Road onto Robert C. Daniel Parkway, I really don't understand the inconsiderate behavior of those who continue to do so, backing up traffic behind them.

A RANT FOR city officials! Bring back jobs to AUGUSTA! In one month I will be out of a job! I have tried to find another job in AUGUSTA with no luck! What am I supposed to do?

RANT TO COMMISSIONERS for continuing to stall the X-Mart opening. The unemployment rate is up, and you're chasing away an employer. So get off their case or come feed my kids!

I HAVE NEWS FOR the person saying Richmond County police officers live in Harlem. You are correct, but they also live in Thomson and other surrounding cities. I agree about driving the county cars home.

THERE WAS A TIME when prison/jail inmates lost many of the privileges of citizenship, such as voting. Now, they're registering these thugs to vote. Anybody stupid enough to be a criminal is certainly too stupid to vote.

A RANT TO all Augusta businesses who let their employees smoke out in front of the stores. I find it very offensive. Why should I have to spend my hard-earned money with you and then let your employees blow smoke in my face?

A RAVE to the Republicans that are standing their ground and have a basic knowledge to understand that the Democrats currently control the House and Senate, which means they are responsible for this current mess that the country is in!

RAVE TO ALL THE wonderful, hard-working paraprofessionals at A. Dorothy Hains Elementary School. They are great with the children and play a big part of the school system. They are not paid nearly what they should be making for the sacrifice made daily.

TO THE FEMALE RCBOE police officer on Broad Street at 9 a.m. on Wednesday: You need to slow down.

MY COMPANY USES Fuelman cards and everyone is held responsible for their issued card. How could the county not know whose card was being used?

THE FOCUS OF Friday night is FOOTBALL. The cheerleaders and the band are ancillary accoutrements. The game is the object of the exercise. Stop whining.

Nammy
Nammy 10/13/08 - 04:20 am
Ooh, time hack... I forced

Ooh, time hack... I forced myself to stay up just to do this lil thing for you and you don't even bother to notice...alrighty then...have a great day everyone else! LOL (':

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/13/08 - 04:41 am
rant to commisioners: they

rant to commisioners: they don't care if we've got a job. they have one! they would rather people be out of work than open x-mart..not to mention all the tax x-mart would bring in!

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/13/08 - 05:40 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/13/08 - 05:46 am
I agree the focus of Friday

I agree the focus of Friday nights is football. But since not all parents have children playing football, what is wrong with a little consideration for those of us with band or cheerleaders. We are expected to let you watch the game without interferance, how about letting us watch the halftime show?

christian134
christian134 10/13/08 - 05:51 am
Good Monday morning

Good Monday morning all..:-)Ya'll have a safe day...

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 10/13/08 - 07:13 am
The hispanic festival was

The hispanic festival was crap.. I went on saturday and didn't even stay an hour.. The vendors were extremely expensive and the food was not even that good.. The representation of the hispanics was embarrassing...

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/13/08 - 07:14 am
Why don't we just have the

Why don't we just have the band & cheerleaders on the field an hour before each game? Then those folks who want to see that part can just chow up an hour early.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/13/08 - 07:15 am
Lady, perhaps they feared

Lady, perhaps they feared another round up like in Greenville.

dani
dani 10/13/08 - 07:18 am
Putt. I agree. The I could

Putt. I agree. The I could go at game time and avoid some of the noise and jiggling.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/13/08 - 07:18 am
Good Point 4putt, and I would

Good Point 4putt, and I would bet my favorite hat that had a lot to do with it! Roadkill, as far as consideration, it's called manners, and it seems that most people these days are seriously lacking in that department!

dani
dani 10/13/08 - 07:21 am
Why all the constant ranting

Why all the constant ranting about smokers. I don't enjoy the smell as I pass them but it's not like I have to stand there and take it in. I just walk on by.

i know
i know 10/13/08 - 07:29 am
I believe the first ranter

I believe the first ranter asnwered the question as to why DOT is not allowing the turn with the inconsiderate driver comment. Imagine how bad it would be if they did allow the left turn there.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/13/08 - 07:37 am
Fresh idea from my 12 y/o.

Fresh idea from my 12 y/o. Send the illegals home, give their jobs and houses to the homeless!

griesella
griesella 10/13/08 - 07:47 am
I have just listened to a

I have just listened to a loud mouth on tv who objects to Repubs using Obama's middle name. To the talking heads it is demeaning...demeaning?---- In all my years this is the first time that I knew that using the middle name of an American is not allowed.

devilishlymad67
devilishlymad67 10/13/08 - 07:49 am
statements made by obama

statements made by obama

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'
From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'
From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!
From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/13/08 - 07:50 am
14PUTT - Throughout the game

14PUTT - Throughout the game the cheerleaders cheer the team on with back up from the band drummers. The band plays songs to help motivate the players and fans and help generate some spirit. It would be nice to give them respect during their 10 mins in the spotilght. If the TD club doesn't want to watch, they can stretch their legs by the refeshment stands, not standing up on their prime 50yd line seats. Of course at LHS - we have the added benifit of the band giving you something to cheer for. I'm confident they've never been ordered to cheat at a competetion or lost to another band 30-0.

pofwe
pofwe 10/13/08 - 07:56 am
If you think X-Mart is going

If you think X-Mart is going to effect the unemployment in Augusta, Ga. go smoke another bowl. You can buy any of their X-Rated products online, I feel sure.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/13/08 - 07:59 am
Obama gives $800,000 to

Obama gives $800,000 to ACORN. The payments were paid through an organization called Citizens Services Inc. Something smells funny!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/13/08 - 08:02 am
pofwe - But that's not nearly

pofwe - But that's not nearly as much fun as trying them first in the "fitting rooms" lol

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/13/08 - 08:07 am
IMHO, cheerleaders and the

IMHO, cheerleaders and the Band are a very important part of the total game experience. I just don't see the issue here.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/13/08 - 08:08 am
pofwe, it should bring at

pofwe, it should bring at least 3 new jobs, 3 people times 8 hour shift. Big boost to the economy.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/13/08 - 08:11 am
RK - Don't forget the fitting

RK - Don't forget the fitting room cleaning crews! And the armed security guard at the door to keep the Baptists out.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/13/08 - 08:16 am
justthefacts, the issue is

justthefacts, the issue is during the game, deputies are monitoring the front of the stands, keeping people from standing in the walkway so football parents can watch their kids play. During halftime, when the band (including my child) are performing, no crowd control whatsoever. All we are asking is if you don't want to watch the band perform, do your visiting behind the stands. After the bands perform, return to your seats. Seems like a little consideration would go a long way.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/13/08 - 08:27 am
It's the same parents that

It's the same parents that talk on their cellphones and wear their caps and visors during the JROTC members raising the flag and the playing of Our National Athem. The good news is they have left by the 4th quarter if the FB team is losing. At least the post-game band shows are without interruption.

Patriot08
Patriot08 10/13/08 - 08:31 am
Why isn't McCain wearing his

Why isn't McCain wearing his lapel pin anymore? I thought that was the right winger litmus test?

KSL
KSL 10/13/08 - 08:42 am
justthefacts
justthefacts 10/13/08 - 08:49 am
I noticed in Athens this week

I noticed in Athens this week some people not removing hats during the National Athem. Part of the demise.

marandan
marandan 10/13/08 - 08:54 am
Devilishlymad67, your earlier

Devilishlymad67, your earlier post 7:47, Should be shouted across the country, especially the Last sentence. If that statement doesn't bring reluctance to ALL democrats, regardless of race, How can anyone who loves this country, ever allow this guy(OBAMA) to become POTUS. What does it take for you or anyone to see. These are his own words, not someone elses. "I will stand with the Muslims, should the political winds shift in an ugly direction".

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/13/08 - 08:54 am
Morning PTHS, my suggestion

Morning PTHS, my suggestion would give an hour of uninterrupted time to perform. I don't think anyone has ever complained about them cheering or playing during the game. Am I missing something here? I would go so far as to suggest a competition of bands from both schools at each game. This would be enjoyed by many. It would most likely cause many to see this competition that would not normally show up for such an event. When I was in school ROTC drill meets were poorly attended, this could help.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/13/08 - 08:56 am
PTHS, you've got me pegged

PTHS, you've got me pegged right though. I am sarcastic and a bit of a smart azz. Just wrong on this post. LOL