Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

IT'S VERY SIMPLE. What happened to help thy neighbor? You know, the rich people out there, they won't help their neighbor. So we need to look back at the old school.

A BIG RAVE for Arts in the Heart and the whole Westobou Festival. Ten days of great entertainment, food and fun.

ANYBODY WHO VOTES for Republicans after what they did on Sept. 29 should be barred from the election hall. These little babies were crying because Ms. Nancy Pelosi told them how it was.

I WANT TO TALK about the bailout that Congress is screwing up. On Jay Leno the other night, his guest said to give each of the 300 million people in the United States $1 million. The economy will straighten itself out then.

THIS IS A RAVE for my neighbor Gregory. He's so sweet to me and takes out my trash and lets me share his black box cable television, and I just wanted to thank him for that.

I WOULD LIKE TO recommend that every married couple go and see the movie Fireproof . It is a wonderful movie for couples and it will help your marriage.

RAVE FOR JASON at the Evans Bank of America. Thanks so much for helping me straightening out my account.

BARACK OBAMA SAYS he already has a plan to fix the troubled economy. Fine. Like the Nike commercials say: "Just Do It." The Democrats are in power in Congress, so all he has to do is submit his plan to his sycophants in the House and Senate and use his power of persuasion to make them pass his bill, and problem solved.

WHEN YOU HAVE bugs in your house, you call an exterminator. Well, we have bugs in Congress, the White House, federal courts. So, why don't we vote them all out?

WHAT PATHETIC CHOICES Georgians have in the upcoming Senate race. Count on us losing, no matter who wins.

THANK GOD FOR Dr. Dana Bedden. The change was needed and he is making a difference. We must pray for him often.

Nammy
Nammy 10/09/08 - 02:32 am
Oh Lord, here we go with the

Oh Lord, here we go with the numbers again-"can't compute"-too many zeros...g'morning pths n all! (I KNOW you like it like that! lol) (': Black box cable TV is a new one on me...LOL...yeah BO--just do it already! ----Not just the Senate race-the POTUS race as well! Sorry!!!!! Have a great day! Or try to.

luv2scrapbk
luv2scrapbk 10/09/08 - 03:34 am
Politicians - How can you

Politicians - How can you tell when one is lying? His/her lips are moving! If they are not crooked when they get there - they will be by the time they leave. You know...I don't know that I would argue with the gov't if they cut me a check for a million, but ya gotta know they will get it back in the end. Nothin is for free in this life. I agree about Dr. Bedden. He is a breath of fresh air in a school system plagued with trouble. MORNIN ALL!

luv2scrapbk
luv2scrapbk 10/09/08 - 03:51 am
To the first rant on this

To the first rant on this page...define "help thy neighbor." For that matter, quantify rich. If I make 50K to 100K a year, am I rich? And let's suppose for a minute a so called rich person gives 2 - 10% of his/her income to charitable organizations, would you consider this helping thy neighbor? Or does your definition of "help thy neighbor" fall under the category of Robin Hood?

NEone
NEone 10/09/08 - 04:03 am
Maybe the rich person got

Maybe the rich person got that way by education and working, something the poor could do too. Then they could be richer and quit leaching off the system that is too generous in helping those who could help themselves. I'm all for helping those who truly need my help, but the lazy ones just need a little more motivation.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/09/08 - 04:20 am
"I would like to thank my

"I would like to thank my criminal neighbor Gregory for allowing me to be complicit in the crime of theft of services...." Nice! At least somebody is "helping" their neighbor. G'mornin, namasta and all y'all!

luv2scrapbk
luv2scrapbk 10/09/08 - 04:41 am
What is so wrong with being

What is so wrong with being rich and successful? More power to those who work hard and succeed. There is no reason why one person or a group of persons should be obliged by the government (or anyone else) to give their earnings away just for the purpose of benevolence. Yes, it is great to give to others who are less fortunate, but wealth redistribution? NO, I don't think so.

1941
1941 10/09/08 - 06:31 am
Senator Oboma, will just do

Senator Oboma, will just do it' when he becomes PRESIDENT OBOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/09/08 - 06:34 am
When we choose to help our

When we choose to help our neighbor, it's called charitable attitude. When our money is taken at gun point (tax) to give to some stranger, it's called redistribution of wealth.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/09/08 - 06:36 am
Anyone that votes for the

Anyone that votes for the Democrats wants this country to become a socialist enclave.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/09/08 - 06:44 am
I don't mind giving 2-10% to

I don't mind giving 2-10% to causes I believe in. Being robbed of 39% kinda bugs me......

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 10/09/08 - 06:48 am
Help thy neighbor has a

Help thy neighbor has a different meaning.. It means help thy neighbor by working long hours and paying taxes so they can keep feeding the system so they can still get their welfare checks, food stamps, discount housing, medicaid and whatever else.. That's what it means!!

devilishlymad67
devilishlymad67 10/09/08 - 06:56 am
That is what is going to be

That is what is going to be if that fool obama gets into office. more welfare for the lazy sorry people. The ones who work will be taxed to death supporting multitudes of babies with no daddies.

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 10/09/08 - 07:21 am
God, you people make me sick

God, you people make me sick - and that's my opinion and I am entitled to express it just like the rest of you. None of you has the least bit of a donative intent. The tax argument is an excuse. If you were relieved of paying taxes tomorrow, you still would keep it all for yourself. I am sure the last time you gave anything to anyone in need was when your mother let you put the quarter in the Salvation Army bucket at Christmes.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/09/08 - 07:30 am
Good Morning Awguster, and to

Good Morning Awguster, and to keep sliique happy, a big rave for the rain yesterday, we needed it,

1941
1941 10/09/08 - 07:32 am
devil, make up your mind,

devil, make up your mind, either we are the ones having the abortion, or having babies?Where did you get the idea that black people are lazy? Did you forget that we were the ones that worked the fields,cleaned your mommys house, we built this country, we even breast fed your babies, we even carried your children!! Have you not heard? There are more white people on the system than blacks.there are more spanish people on the system than blacks.!!!! Your taxe have been used to bail out the rich.!!!! No working person got one penny of the billions, or the poor person for that reason.Every person has someone on the system, including you devil. The welfare system was started for poor whites, and after they got ahead,and needed it no more, then they decided to let others use it. It is what it is!! And it will be what it will be!!!Oboma will be your next president!!!!!!

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/09/08 - 07:33 am
If Obama gets elected I will

If Obama gets elected I will have to make a new sign. "I work for a living, please help, God Bless"

paulbunyan
paulbunyan 10/09/08 - 07:41 am
Saywhat, what book did you

Saywhat, what book did you pull your fairy tales from? At least you could spell it right, obAma!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/09/08 - 07:42 am
I don't believe devilsh

I don't believe devilsh mentioned a race. Nice of you to admit responsibility though, saywhat.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/09/08 - 07:42 am
saywhat, just a question of

saywhat, just a question of curiosity, but where was race mentioned anywhere before you brought it up???

crackerjack
crackerjack 10/09/08 - 07:44 am
Obama is a good example of

Obama is a good example of how kids with trashy mothers and deadbeat fathers can make it in this country. If you surround yourself with hateful groups and individuals who teach anti-american rhetoric under the guise of religion, they will help you financially and morally if you become their puppet, and allow them to brainwash you into believing as they do.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 10/09/08 - 07:48 am
Saywhat, I think I have

Saywhat, I think I have heard it all give it up already. I have nothing against blacks but right out of the mouth of children (mine actually)learning about black history month. "Mom why do they always bring up stuff that our ancestors did?? Great question and makes a valid point. Why when we have a parade and don't have "blacks" in it we are accused of discriminating. Give it up!!!!! We don't owe you anything, don't you think that you put behind you all the "you cleaned our houses, breastfed our babies, are slaves" You owe yourself something!!!! As much as I hate to admit our world is more ready for a female president than they are a black president. Keep in mind I am not voting for Obama because in 2 years I don't want to be fighting all "his terroist ties--THAT HE CANNOT EXPLAIN--on our own soil. I can really see that you still think that us "white" people still owe something to you. Did you clean my house, did you breast feed my children, did you work my garden. Didn't think so!!!

sgachief
sgachief 10/09/08 - 07:48 am
thanks to digital tv you

thanks to digital tv you can't really tell who's saying what, the lips never match the sound anymore. so who is lying and who is telling the truth???

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 10/09/08 - 07:49 am
well said crackerjack

well said crackerjack

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 10/09/08 - 07:50 am
And lady get you're own black

And lady get you're own black box

2tired2argueanymore
2tired2argueanymore 10/09/08 - 07:50 am
There is a theme in the Obama

There is a theme in the Obama camp. It seems to be give me give me give me. He is playing on the fact that they all feel they deserve an entitlement. Give the American people a million dollars each and the economy will straighten out. Give me a break. Get off your sorry butt and get a job and work for a living. I have worked for everything I have and the last thing I want to do is give it to the low lifes that won't work. I am happy to give to charities that take care of those that cannot work but these sorry good for nothing #%$%$ need to get off their butts and go to work or starve to death and give the rest of us a break. Look at the projects and you will see you can't give poeple something for nothing because they won't take care of it nor will they get out of the give me life style. Hard love baby.

jude1072
jude1072 10/09/08 - 07:51 am
We the American citizens are

We the American citizens are the bosses of the electorate of local state and federal governments. Give the congress their pink slips in November and vote out the incumbents. With the understanding that if they don't clean up their act we the people will form a more perfect government.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 10/09/08 - 07:56 am
a big rant to the chinese ppl

a big rant to the chinese ppl who own gas stationS only selling premium gas..ya'll should be ashame of ya'll self we already let ya'll come here tax free but yet ya'll are still ungreatful

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 10/09/08 - 07:57 am
Too bad Obama is on the

Too bad Obama is on the ticket and not a "write in". Oboma, Obamo, Obomo, Obobo, Omama, Ohellno.... McCain wins!
sincerely, "devil"

christian134
christian134 10/09/08 - 07:58 am
Good morning all...Ya'll have

Good morning all...Ya'll have a safe day...To the ranter on the matter of the rich giving to their neighbors...I am all for charity but your comment sounds much like a case of "the ole' greed jealousy monster" poking his nasty little head out...

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 10/09/08 - 08:04 am
I went to see "Fireproof" and

I went to see "Fireproof" and asked my husband to see it. I loved it, he didn't. I bought the book to help our marriage, and he told me that it is a waste of time. I will not give up on this, I will follow this book and if he still feels that way, well, at least I tried.

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...