Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THE GAMES SEEM to be all about the football players. I think more emphasis needs to be put on the band and cheerleaders at halftime.

WHY IN THE WORLD would you not call the police when you find a gun in the classroom?

RANT FOR Commissioners Don Grantham and Jimmy Smith. I was somewhat shocked to see they used some free gas. I expected more from them.

RAVE FOR MS. J. in the office at Hephzibah Middle School. She is always friendly and helpful, no matter how busy.

LET'S SHOW those boneheads in Washington who's in control. I challenge each of you to vote against any incumbent.

MCG WAS MADE a smoke-free campus, so the smokers now huddle on the VA side of Harper Street. I have found smokers to be less productive than nonsmokers due to taking so many breaks.

THE PROPOSED MOSQUITO fee is just another example of the taxpayer getting nothing for the money.

THE ARTICLE on Augusta State University naming rights was well written, but two details were omitted. Reese Library with its Reese Room were both named after the parents of alumna Katherine Reese Pamplin.

I MOVED AWAY seven years ago. In town on business. WOW, Augusta has grown. You should be proud of your progress.

As It Is
As It Is 10/08/08 - 02:29 am
The game seems to be all

The game seems to be all about the football players....you mean the FOOTBALL GAME....No, really? Say it ain't so....

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/08/08 - 04:05 am
Dont Laugh, that's probably

Dont Laugh, that's probably another William Jefferson Clinton Rhodes scholar.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 10/08/08 - 04:11 am
Okay, I don't get it. The

Okay, I don't get it. The markets are crashing world wide and no rants or raves about anything related to finance? What planet are you on AC? I've just been watching all the news shows from midnight to now and ALL the headlines are about the Dow, NasDaq, Nikkei etc. The debates were secondary headlines and still the commentaries are about questions about the economy. I have nothing invested that I am concerned about, but a lot of folks are suffering. So I'll rant against the current administration and the whole concept of bailing out the economy... why not let the market correct itself?..it's been over-inflated and falsely so since Reagan was in office. Keep cooking the books and you'll burn up the figures. And AIG execs getting luxury spa and vacation two days after we the taxpayers bailed them out? Whassup with that? 15 million to the chiefs when they left the company...come on corporate America...get a grip or fold up and leave. We don't need that kind of robbery being legal and acceptable...FBI- Do a good service and lock these bums up and take away all their toys! Now ya'll have a super hump day. Hope ya can get over the mid-week hump. Back to watering.

debby
debby 10/08/08 - 04:21 am
Ah yes, the band members

Ah yes, the band members think, "What is that football team doing on our field?" I agree with the ranter. The band should be given some notice since they put in many, many hours of practice time to perfect their shows. Hard work should be rewarded.

Trouble1
Trouble1 10/08/08 - 04:35 am
morning all, if i dont pay

morning all, if i dont pay the mosquito fee, does that mean i cant have any mosquitos????? i can deal with that.............how can this be a bad thing, then only people who want them can buy them......sounds good to me

angiesdad
angiesdad 10/08/08 - 05:13 am
tujeez,yes clinton is a

tujeez,yes clinton is a rhodes scholar, unlike that monkey you guys call president.can't wait to see the new movie on this disgusting bunch this month.bush has how many volumes just of gaffes over the years?don't think clinton has any.he is respected around the world for his intellect,don't you wish you could say the same?i also notice that none of bush's former classmates claim him. i guess they are furious that he made their schools look so bad.and before you choke up and spit out monica, include jeff gannon/guckert in the post also,you remember him don't you?bush knew his name in the press briefings?i'll be glad to remind anyone if they just ask me nicely.

local girl
local girl 10/08/08 - 05:15 am
I agree zeno.I think every

I agree zeno.I think every elected officials life style should be closely watched if they have access to tax payers monies

TroubIe
TroubIe 10/08/08 - 05:24 am
Charley, your stupidity knows

Charley, your stupidity knows no bounds, there is not even a response to that, it is just way to stupid

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 10/08/08 - 05:29 am
Accounting is for

Accounting is for accountability. Track the paper trail and you'll find all sorts of waste, oversights, mis-appropriations, under-handed deals, outright bribes, pandering to lobbyists, fake companies, lavish expenses like spas, vacations, fuel, jets, cars, boats, etc. They are public servants and should account for taxpayer money without question. Anything less is a dis-service to the public and the taxpayers who support gov't decisions regarding spending. Hey angiesdad, there's a new zeitgeist flick out also. Check it on youtube or any other site that carries videos. I'm with you on the Moore film coming soon. Can't wait to see how he paints the Bush this time. That's what we get when we put a cowboy in charge of something besides his horse.

pofwe
pofwe 10/08/08 - 05:31 am
ZenoElia, go ahead & rant

ZenoElia, go ahead & rant "against the current administration and the whole concept of bailing out the economy." I would but heck, when you got nuttin' to lose & you ain't lost nuttin,' it's a wonderful time to be a po' boy! Watch'em cry over their eroded/corroded treasures.

christian134
christian134 10/08/08 - 05:40 am
Good Wednesday morning...I

Good Wednesday morning...I woke up .... I am most happy...Ya'll have a great and safe day...Just for your information...Liquid antibiotic can be warmed up in the dryer with no harm if wrapped very carefully...:-)

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 10/08/08 - 05:47 am
I agree with the smoker's

I agree with the smoker's rant.. Smokers are less productive, they complain more, they are crankier, and they stink more.. If I was ever a business owner I would not hire them...

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/08/08 - 06:11 am
Smokers only stink more

Smokers only stink more because of the odor.

Really Bugged
Really Bugged 10/08/08 - 06:13 am
If you want to live in a

If you want to live in a constant state of fear, then, yes, watch the news outlets and dread the condition of the financial markets, or whatever new sky is falling. Be aware of the country's problems, but don't succumb to the paranoia the politicians love to promote.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/08/08 - 06:18 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

DefeatObamaAndOsama
DefeatObamaAndOsama 10/08/08 - 06:35 am
NO WORRIES.....Obama will fix

NO WORRIES.....Obama will fix EVERYTHING! *rolling eyes*

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/08/08 - 06:37 am
MCG WAS MADE a smoke-free

MCG WAS MADE a smoke-free campus...smokers don't get extra breaks, smokers & non smokers get the same breaks. You are just one of those babies that whine & whine about something. Everyone is afraid they are going to die by second hand smoke. Guess what? You are going to die if it's not S.H, Smoke..it will be something. It will probably be from... being so fat. Us smokers do it because it keeps us thin. Didn't you know that? So what if we die early,,at least our pall-bears will be able to carry us...lol

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/08/08 - 06:43 am
ZenoElia ...What can be done

ZenoElia ...What can be done about? It's allways been that way. Think about it, how many CEO's have you heard about over the years that got tens of millions right before their company went belly up? Now how many went to jail for that? Our ploiticans help protect them by way of their lobbyist. No matter what party you are..they all do it..ALLWAYS HAVE...ALLWAYS WILL. And if your one of those people who think Obama will make things right....get a grip, HOW DID HE GET HIS HOME...WAY UNDER MARKET VALUE. White or black they are all the same..they being POLITICANS

augfootball1
augfootball1 10/08/08 - 06:45 am
the football game is about

the football game is about the football players?????? Well yes, thats what its supposed to be.. i always love the fact that band people think the game is about them. Without the players and the football game, there would be no halftime for the band to toot thier horns. There would be no halftime for cheerleaders to yell. Yes the Game is all about the football players. Thats what its supposed to be about

DefeatObamaAndOsama
DefeatObamaAndOsama 10/08/08 - 06:45 am
SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE all you

SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE all you want...it's job security for millions of us in the health care field and the post mortem fields. However, none of you have the right to pollute the air that I breath. I think if you want to smoke in public, you should be made to purchase a self-contained tent to place over your head and breath your on poison. Furthermore, it's not against the law (yet) to smoke, and you certainly won't go to hell for smoking...you just smell like it! LOL

dthompson
dthompson 10/08/08 - 06:48 am
I am the mom of a football

I am the mom of a football player for Stallings Island Middle School. Last night was our last game against Lakeside Middle on their home field. I want to send out a huge rave for the Lakeside High Band. They performed a wonderful half-time show and we thoroughly enjoyed it. For the last song, both SIMS and LMS joined the high school band on the field and they played together. What a wonderful idea since both middle schools feed into LHS. I applaud the bands and their directors!!!

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/08/08 - 06:50 am
DefeatObamaAndOsama ...HEY

DefeatObamaAndOsama ...HEY you think that's funny? I'll tell you what's funny, you are going to die from my second hand smoke before I do from smoking....LMAO And you can't do anything about it:)

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/08/08 - 06:58 am
LocalGirl...>>>>The problem

LocalGirl...>>>>The problem with that is the one's that's got your money are the one's that would have to pass a law for you to watch them...Ain't gonna happen...lol

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/08/08 - 06:58 am
dthompson - Thank you for the

dthompson - Thank you for the nice words. I'll pass them along. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

DefeatObamaAndOsama
DefeatObamaAndOsama 10/08/08 - 06:59 am
See the problem is you are so

See the problem is you are so stupid you don't even realize you are deceived. Hey it's 8am, isn't it smoke break time? Puff puff! You should smoke 2 at the same time to accelerate (which means speed up) the process politicallystupid. lol

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 10/08/08 - 07:01 am
I have 25 employees, 11of

I have 25 employees, 11of which are smokers. Rain, sleet, snow, ice cold or blistering hot, they stand outside held prisoner by a little smoking stick. How weak!

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 10/08/08 - 07:04 am
It's really funny that

It's really funny that everyone wants their children to grow up respectfull & a good human being & all the adults here can't even go 1 day without calling people names because they don't agree with their life style. Whine Whine Whine.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/08/08 - 07:04 am
It makes us tough, numb bits.

It makes us tough, numb bits.

426Hemi
426Hemi 10/08/08 - 07:08 am
So, where is the basis of the

So, where is the basis of the ranters finding that smokers are less dutiful in their work? I'd like to see their "proof" rather than read their opinion.

426Hemi
426Hemi 10/08/08 - 07:09 am
The only thing Augusta has

The only thing Augusta has grown is apathy and taxes!