Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

KUDOS TO THE Westobou Festival! I've so enjoyed the concerts. And this year's Arts in the Heart was fabulous. One thing I might ask of the chefs/cooks for the popular booths: Is there any way to arrange for more ovens and/or cookpots? The Phillipines were running long lines and the Jamaican beef patties by the Caribbean folks kept selling out as soon as they came out of the oven.

A BIG RAVE to Wayne at Lakeview Towing Service in Louisville, Ga. Wayne drove to Augusta to rescue me with two gallons of gasoline after I realized I was on empty.

WHY AREN'T SCHOOLS being postponed? People need to conserve gas!

RAVES TO THE nice, young man at the Evans Wal-Mart who, off the clock, took the time to help me move a few heavy bags of pet food into the back of my truck.

WHEN PEOPLE ARE lined up outside their banks, trying to collect their FDIC-guaranteed savings and bank accounts, they will realize that the government shouldn't be bailing out private interests.

A RANT FOR PEOPLE getting gas when the line is backed up. Please get your gas and move on! Some of us have jobs and schools to get to.

HEADLINE: "Augusta violates (federal) air rule." To heck with federal air rules. Various federal "standards" are right now destroying our economy.

ASHBY KROUSE III is punished with two years' probation and a $2,000 fine. Where is justice? Flown!

A RANT TO THE woman who backed up to the gas pump in the wrong direction and blocked people who had waited for so long before her at U.S. Highway 25 and I-20. You are what you are.

A RANT FOR THE jerk that stole the walker out of the 88-year-old woman's parking place in Woodbine West.

IF YOU CAN'T figure out Columbia is EAST on I-20, and Atlanta is WEST on I-20, perhaps you shouldn't be driving, Sparky.

Trouble1
Trouble1 10/05/08 - 11:27 am
tujeez, 9:49, would that be

tujeez, 9:49, would that be raysville bait and tackle? i have been there a few times....lol

marandan
marandan 10/05/08 - 11:35 am
I think he is referring to

I think he is referring to Keg Creek bait and tackle.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 11:57 am
Marandan, so much for the

Marandan, so much for the separation of church and state! Why don't you post your jingle here on RR's? It is one worth the double posting. : )

God save America
God save America 10/05/08 - 11:59 am
the lady saw a pump that was

the lady saw a pump that was vacant so she backed into the space and got her gas. whats the matter are you upset because you didn't think fast enough to do the same thing. ? i don't think she did anything bad . so get a life.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 12:01 pm
Concerned, you sound like a

Concerned, you sound like a fun person to get to know. LOL

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 12:04 pm
It is always easy to spot an

It is always easy to spot an Obama supporter.

God save America
God save America 10/05/08 - 12:12 pm
thereyhere

thereyhere

marandan
marandan 10/05/08 - 12:25 pm
Here comes Socialism, here

Here comes Socialism, here comes Socialism, on election day. C'mon criminals, c'mon homeless, OBAMA is the WAY. All down-trodden, and all college kids, make your voice be heard. Tell all you freinds and register the dead, to help elect a turd. Here comes Socialism, here comes Socialism, Barry needs your nod. Comb those communities, register the criminals, ACORN works for your God! He may be black, he may be white, he may be Muslim too. He may break bread, with the leader of Iran, But he says he loves the Jews. Can we trust him, to be honest? Did you check his past? All these issues , need truthful answers, Before that VOTE you Cast. He'll take your guns, and your bibles, and give you taxes too. Promise you Heaven, But put you through Hell, that's what B. O. will do.

marandan
marandan 10/05/08 - 12:27 pm
This a little jingle which

This a little jingle which should be read at the tempo of Jingle Bells.

God save America
God save America 10/05/08 - 12:27 pm
i'm concernedadult who is not

i'm concernedadult who is not a hussan obama supporter so if you don't know what you are saying keep your finger off the keys. i'm voting the McCain and palin ticket so there. i still don't think the lady did wrong. USA USA USA USA MY LAND

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 12:53 pm
Concerned..I was adding to

Concerned..I was adding to the conversation just above your remarks regarding the churches placing Obama signs in front of their places....... What were you talking about?

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 01:04 pm
Thanks Marandan! I've

Thanks Marandan! I've already sent it on via email to many others. I had thought that it should be sung to the tune of 'Here comes Santa Claus'. LOL

marandan
marandan 10/05/08 - 01:12 pm
Rolling eyes, You are

Rolling eyes, You are correct, here comes Santa Clause. Please let me know if someone does it on Youtube or where ever, I would like to see it. Thanks R.E.

confused2
confused2 10/05/08 - 01:13 pm
My problem is if people would

My problem is if people would stop filling up gas cans then people that ACTUALLY put the gas in their cars would have some. And as far as the people driving kids to school sometimes the busses dont go into neighborhoods because they live to close to schools I would feel safer driving my kid than let them cross a dangerous road and get hit by someone who doesnt pay attention to the speed limits in school zones. Another comment for the person saying the police arent doing there jobs about the license plate...Gee as a citizen I would rather them chase down criminals who have actually done a major crime than wasting gas,time and tax payers money on chasing the "tag altering vehicle"

God save America
God save America 10/05/08 - 01:17 pm
churches should not place

churches should not place who to vote for office on their grounds or their tax exempts might be taken away. i'm a church goer and i would be against if it happend at my church.they just need not to do these things because it would be wrong

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 01:22 pm
Marandan, we'll have to ask

Marandan, we'll have to ask Newtothegame to work on that idea. He is musically and electronically gifted..... Again thanks for the repost though I'd be stunned if it is not removed later.

dixie
dixie 10/05/08 - 01:43 pm
What does the word"Westobou"

What does the word"Westobou" mean?

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:43 pm
*Y*a*Y*! needs to go on the

*Y*a*Y*! needs to go on the end of that lil jingle...lol. w00t!! (':

marandan
marandan 10/05/08 - 01:45 pm
Thanks, I guess I can just

Thanks, I guess I can just copy and put it somewhere retrievable, at a later date if needed.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 01:47 pm
LOL Namasta! I know what you

LOL Namasta! I know what you just did!

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:47 pm
According to my google

According to my google search...has to do with the westo tribe. There's a river named that. Turn the page!!! w00t! (': Thanks eyes!

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:48 pm
na uh! shhh...lol. I turned

na uh! shhh...lol. I turned the page..for those lazy sorts yanno?

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:49 pm
Were you watching me with

Were you watching me with those eyes, eyes? lol

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/05/08 - 01:50 pm
namasta - don't make me mess

namasta - don't make me mess it up again ;-)

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/05/08 - 01:51 pm
okay, I tried for a second to

okay, I tried for a second to resist - but I couldn't

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:51 pm
please do...love it when you

please do...love it when you do that sort of thang! LOL

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:52 pm
LOLOL hiya pths! N eyes n all

LOLOL hiya pths! N eyes n all ya'll!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 01:52 pm
Sorry Namasta, I wasn't

Sorry Namasta, I wasn't paying attention to the count. Sheer inattention on my part.

Nammy
Nammy 10/05/08 - 01:53 pm
not a problem--we fix

not a problem--we fix it...lol And pths will refix it...lol

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 01:53 pm
LOL PTHS!!!!!! You're such a

LOL PTHS!!!!!! You're such a meanie!!!!!!

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage rate unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.