Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

KUDOS TO THE Westobou Festival! I've so enjoyed the concerts. And this year's Arts in the Heart was fabulous. One thing I might ask of the chefs/cooks for the popular booths: Is there any way to arrange for more ovens and/or cookpots? The Phillipines were running long lines and the Jamaican beef patties by the Caribbean folks kept selling out as soon as they came out of the oven.

A BIG RAVE to Wayne at Lakeview Towing Service in Louisville, Ga. Wayne drove to Augusta to rescue me with two gallons of gasoline after I realized I was on empty.

WHY AREN'T SCHOOLS being postponed? People need to conserve gas!

RAVES TO THE nice, young man at the Evans Wal-Mart who, off the clock, took the time to help me move a few heavy bags of pet food into the back of my truck.

WHEN PEOPLE ARE lined up outside their banks, trying to collect their FDIC-guaranteed savings and bank accounts, they will realize that the government shouldn't be bailing out private interests.

A RANT FOR PEOPLE getting gas when the line is backed up. Please get your gas and move on! Some of us have jobs and schools to get to.

HEADLINE: "Augusta violates (federal) air rule." To heck with federal air rules. Various federal "standards" are right now destroying our economy.

ASHBY KROUSE III is punished with two years' probation and a $2,000 fine. Where is justice? Flown!

A RANT TO THE woman who backed up to the gas pump in the wrong direction and blocked people who had waited for so long before her at U.S. Highway 25 and I-20. You are what you are.

A RANT FOR THE jerk that stole the walker out of the 88-year-old woman's parking place in Woodbine West.

IF YOU CAN'T figure out Columbia is EAST on I-20, and Atlanta is WEST on I-20, perhaps you shouldn't be driving, Sparky.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/05/08 - 04:20 am
Let me make sure I've got

Let me make sure I've got this correct - Somebody "suddenly realizes" that there is no gas in their tank and calls a service in Louisville to come help. So the tow-truck guy makes a 90 mile round trip to deliver 2 gallons? I think I've found some more Obiden '08 supporters....... g'mornin namasta and all.

CSRAresident
CSRAresident 10/05/08 - 04:49 am
Ya know, come to think of it

Ya know, come to think of it AAA will bring you 5 gallons with just a phone call if you are a member.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 10/05/08 - 05:31 am
IF they stealing walkers now

IF they stealing walkers now I guess it's really bad out there.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 10/05/08 - 05:44 am
most ppl who run outta gas

most ppl who run outta gas like that they looking for cheaper prices,just go get the gas it's all high anyways.

Trouble1
Trouble1 10/05/08 - 06:13 am
morning all, i am sure that

morning all, i am sure that wayne from louisville is awonderful person, but i just have to ask......how long did you set on the side of the road waiting for wayne to show up with that 2 gallons of gas? did every tow truck driver in augusta and everywhere else closer than louisville refuse to bring you the 2 gallons?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 10/05/08 - 06:18 am
Here's a rant to all those

Here's a rant to all those folks who helped create the economic crisis: Quit living beyond your means! Here's another rant to all those credit card companies who send you pre-selected and pre-approved applications for credit WITHOUT checking your credit....DUH! I hope every one who got a card like that spends and you never get repaid. Serves you right for trying to raise quotas based on bad decisions....sorry about those who have legitimate credit affected by that practice, but those greedy companies need to learn to do their job right...or fail. Another rant to all the dishonest folks who scalped everyone by overcharging for fuel, especially BP on Washington Rd by the National who consistently charged 50 cents or more higher than all the other stations within a mile or more...and a rave for the new 'D' station who is selling gas w/o ethanol...runs great in my Ranger. Happy Birthday Naisha...you know who you are. "Grats on graduation and certification. Still praying for that car you need...God bless all and have a super Sunday.

brinehart7
brinehart7 10/05/08 - 07:08 am
without ethanol? my goodness

without ethanol?
my goodness i need to find that station where is it?
thanx

christian134
christian134 10/05/08 - 08:08 am
Good Sunday morning

Good Sunday morning all....Ya'll have a safe day...:-)

they call me pete
they call me pete 10/05/08 - 09:10 am
Allens Country Store on

Allens Country Store on washington road in evans has gas with 0 ethanol snoop. It helps with gas mileage. It's an old fashioned store on the right side of washington road across from McDonald's.

426Hemi
426Hemi 10/05/08 - 09:17 am
A RAVE to the greeters at

A RAVE to the greeters at Evans Wal Mart!

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/05/08 - 09:19 am
Allen's sells worms, crickets

Allen's sells worms, crickets and minnows too. We need more old-fashioned stores like that. They get a lot of business from me.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 09:23 am
I've heard of stealing cars

I've heard of stealing cars and bicycles, but a walker? They should have called the cops right away. The thief could have been picked up at the corner of the parking lot while they were waiting for a boyscout to come along to help them across the street!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/05/08 - 09:32 am
For years there was a bait &

For years there was a bait & tacle store on Washington road just past Pollard's Corner whose sign adverised "Hot Coffee & Worms"

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 09:38 am
14PUTT for years there was a

14PUTT for years there was a store on the corner of Atomic and Old Edgefied rd. named Atomic Bait and tackle. I always envisioned them selling freakish glowing worms.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 10/05/08 - 09:40 am
That's hilarious. There was

That's hilarious. There was also a store in Beach Island with a sign out by the gas pumps that read. No credik, so don't ax.

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/05/08 - 09:49 am
Yeah, I got the best one of

Yeah, I got the best one of them all. On Ga Hwy 43 North of Thomson, there's a sign that Says " BOB"S CAFE" and underneath that it says"LIVE HERRING" Zimmern Would Feel Right at home1

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 09:54 am
LOL Tujeez! At least you'll

LOL Tujeez! At least you'll know that your sushi will always be fresh at Bob's Cafe. Wonder how their coffee and worms are there?

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/05/08 - 09:55 am
About the Federal Air Rules.

About the Federal Air Rules. We all need to pay better attention to the Clean Air Act. These fees WILL get passed on to the public, as Blondie put it," One Way, Or Another" That should be the DEMs theme song, silly me, already is. I think ALGORE thought that one up. He's so Modern.

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/05/08 - 09:57 am
If I can Get a pic of that

If I can Get a pic of that one, I'll try to get it on AC.com

Tujeez
Tujeez 10/05/08 - 09:58 am
If you want to find your

If you want to find your Aluminum walker, just go to the nearest recycle center.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 10/05/08 - 10:13 am
IMO it is obvious that if the

IMO it is obvious that if the walker was left unattended in the parking place, the 88-year-old woman didn't need it!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 10:21 am
NLA, perhaps the the elderly

NLA, perhaps the the elderly woman was being assisted into the car's passenger side and while getting her settled the walker was momentarily forgotten. Once they arrived at their destination the absence of the walker was realized and upon their return discovered it stolen. She may very well depend desperately on her walker in order to get around. Now a thief has it.

mommy22girls
mommy22girls 10/05/08 - 10:25 am
My kindergartner would be

My kindergartner would be devastated if they postponed school due to gas....

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 10:27 am
I would be devastated if they

I would be devastated if they postponed my kids school!!!!!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/05/08 - 10:27 am
For any reason!

For any reason!

bone
bone 10/05/08 - 10:50 am
very funny, eyes.

very funny, eyes.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 10/05/08 - 10:57 am
I saw a vehicle last night

I saw a vehicle last night with a tag (AVE 3036) that has the Georgia Peach covered up with the circular Obama logo. How are the deputies missing this violation? Georgia Code - Motor Vehicles & Traffic - Title 40, Section 40-2-6 states "any person who shall willfully mutilate, obliterate, deface, alter, change, or conceal any numeral, letter, character, county designation, or other marking of any license plate issued under the motor vehicle registration laws of this state; who shall knowingly operate a vehicle bearing a license plate on which any numeral, letter, character, county designation, or other marking has been willfully mutilated, obliterated, defaced, altered, changed, or concealed; or who shall knowingly operate a vehicle bearing a license plate issued for another vehicle and not properly transferred as provided by law shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."

GASUNSHINE08
GASUNSHINE08 10/05/08 - 11:05 am
We don't need to postpone

We don't need to postpone school. If parents quit driving their kids to school & highschoolers quit driving themselves to school that would solve the problem. Sometimes I wonder why we even have buses.

marandan
marandan 10/05/08 - 11:07 am
Drive down Lumpkin Rd. and

Drive down Lumpkin Rd. and you can see OBAMA signs on Church properties, but because of where it is, noone complains? Why is that? Oh the double-standard.

Trouble1