Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A HUGE RAVE to the originators and producers of the Westobou Festival. What a joy to have our area saturated with fine, positive artistic offerings for everyone. May this be the beginning of a long, successful tradition.

TROY DAVIS NEEDS to be executed for the killing of the Savannah police officer.

IS IT POSSIBLE that our commissioners are filling up other people's vehicles with gasoline?

BARACK OBAMA SAID he is going to raise taxes on businesses. Businesses do not have money. Expect an increase in the cost of goods and services because that's where the businesses get their money.

RAVE FOR DR. FRAZIER. Can we clone him, or at least use him as an instructor for principals at a principal school?

I THINK IT IS WRONG for the federal government to be bailing out failed businesses that made bad decisions and are at fault, in their own right. I pay taxes to support infrastructure and education, not big business. Other businesses will step in and take their place.

A RANT TO THE IDIOT who stole the GPS from my car in the University Hospital parking deck. I hope you enjoy it while it lasts because you left the charger behind.

GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE are running out of money, so our education laws insist that elementary school cafeterias must offer kids three milk choices?

Nammy
Nammy 10/02/08 - 12:39 am
Ha! Who's the "idiot" that

Ha! Who's the "idiot" that left the GPS unit in the car to begin with? Chargers are not hard to come by---GPS units are far harder... or in your case, too easy. Morning pths and all. Good day to each of you! (':

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 10/02/08 - 12:41 am
Not only possible but

Not only possible but perfectly legal. Our public servants can spend their gasoline anyway they choose. I still say the IRS should see their records and determine if they claim the gas as income....... Maybe they will all go to jail...........No Wait We will have to pay the legal expenses for them all. Either way taxes will go up and public SERVICE remains a thing for only the Honorable.

Reality
Reality 10/02/08 - 02:05 am
I agree, the school should

I agree, the school should offer one lunch and milk or water. Everyone needs to get back to basics, you don't need 3 cars and 4 computers 4 televisions.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/02/08 - 03:20 am
Reality - I do! It helps

Reality - I do! It helps preserve domestic tranquility. G'mornin, namasta and the rest. A RAVE for the wonderful weather!

chad6401
chad6401 10/02/08 - 03:40 am
Back to the basics is good

Back to the basics is good first lets get rid of Cell Phones, then Computers, cable TV, AC, Lawn services, Smokes, Credit cards, lets move to a cash only society, All the little luxuries the we as American enjoy so much has made us a dependent upon sombody else doing the job and not taking responsiblility for our own actions, and lets leave it up to the Govt to fix the problem, Can anybody please tell my one agency that the Govt has managed that has made a profit.

chad6401
chad6401 10/02/08 - 03:43 am
Lets go back to the days of

Lets go back to the days of when you could only get a car loan for 36 months, and to purchase a house you needed 20% down

TroubIe
TroubIe 10/02/08 - 03:49 am
morning all, i say we skip

morning all, i say we skip the going back to anything and just start holding people accountable for their own actions.

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:07 am
G'Mornin ya'll , I am

G'Mornin ya'll , I am enjoying a big cup of coffee, and some skillet cornbread, with lots of butter. mmmmmmmmm It's gonna be a great day!!!!!

TroubIe
TroubIe 10/02/08 - 04:08 am
maradan, pass some of that

maradan, pass some of that this way..........lol

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:15 am
Are you kidding, Iwas making

Are you kidding, Iwas making up things for my wife to get out of the fridge just so I can eat more than her. It is so good, I take bites out of hers when she turns around. hahahah none to share, sorry Does that make me incompassionate?

chad6401
chad6401 10/02/08 - 04:19 am
Marandan i guess it would be

Marandan i guess it would be a matter of supply and demand she has the supply and you demand it, But what will happen when the supply runs out, or get short does the Honey due list get longer? Or does grandma step in and bail her out and produce more cornbread.

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:26 am
chad6401 Yes, her list of

chad6401 Yes, her list of things for me to do, along with my daily obligations, make it so when I get home, I am ready to have a nice dinner, shower and sleep. I really think women are very skillful at getting what they want, without us realizing we have been munipulated. That is why I think Sarah Palin will make a good VP.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/02/08 - 04:29 am
Wait - isn't "skillet

Wait - isn't "skillet cornbread" the same as a "hoe cake"? Ooooops, can I say that?

chad6401
chad6401 10/02/08 - 04:31 am
Men are simple to understand,

Men are simple to understand, we come home have a beer, hot food and be able to watch the game or news in peace is about all we want, Women on the other hand add a whole new spectrum to it.

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:38 am
Did anyone see the little

Did anyone see the little kids singing the song of praises to OBAMA? It reminds me of a communist country singing to their leader, like these little kids are persuaed to sing this almost idolatry type singing. I am amazed that these kids are brainwashed. HOW can these kids, even understand some of the crao they are singing. Typical display of Socialism. It looks as if they are singing to Fidel Castro, or Hugo Chavez, or Kim Jung Il. Wake UP America, Socialists are knocking at our door.

chad6401
chad6401 10/02/08 - 04:43 am
Saw bits and peices of it,

Saw bits and peices of it, They aren't knocking they have one foot in the door and his name is Obama.

KSL
KSL 10/02/08 - 04:43 am
PTHS, the only cornbread I

PTHS, the only cornbread I have ever eaten was cooked in a skillet, not a cake pan.

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:48 am
Sorry I didnt realize it had

Sorry I didnt realize it had posted.

KSL
KSL 10/02/08 - 04:52 am
Don't forget the part of

Don't forget the part of Hillary's platformThat was to start indoctrinating kids pre-kindergarten. (Well she didn't say it that way) Both Hillary and Obama were "students" of Alinsky. When I thought she was to be the Democratic nominee I read everything I could about her. I admit that I'm not as well-read on Obama. I refused to buy his books and they were never available at the library. But he is even left of her. So I don't need to read them.

TroubIe
TroubIe 10/02/08 - 04:53 am
marandan, you can click on

marandan, you can click on the x next to the post and delete the second one

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:54 am
Does anyone, believe these

Does anyone, believe these kids have a clue what they are singing about? Wouldn't it be scary if they did? Hey maybe they all see OBAMA as their DAVID KORESH, or Jim Jones.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/02/08 - 04:56 am
Sen. Obama says, "This

Sen. Obama says, "This election isn't about me, it's about you," and the crowd chants, "Obama! Obama! Obama!"

Gov. Palin says, "There's only one candidate in this election who has truly fought for you, and that candidate is John McCain," and the crowd chants, "USA!USA!USA!"

marandan 10/02/08 - 04:58 am
Thanks BD, I just didnt want

Thanks BD, I just didnt want to be mistaken for JACK234, or angiesdad, or all those other pete and repeaters.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/02/08 - 04:59 am
marandan - I was thinking

marandan - I was thinking more along the lines of "Beloved Leader" Kim Jong Il.

marandan 10/02/08 - 05:03 am
KSL, I didn't know that about

KSL, I didn't know that about Hillary, but thanks to you I do now. Yes your right, no need to buy OBAMA's anything. With all his success, look at what he has given back, near to nothing. He is a typical TAKER, not a giver.

marandan 10/02/08 - 05:07 am
Yes PTHS, it is really

Yes PTHS, it is really similar. I hope enough people can realize the threat, before it is too late.

KSL
KSL 10/02/08 - 05:07 am
Read Saul Alinsky and be very

Read Saul Alinsky and be very afraid of anyone influenced by him.

marandan 10/02/08 - 05:12 am
Do you think the Dems would

Do you think the Dems would raise hell if Rush Limbaugh was moderating the next debate between Mccain and OBAMA? Man they would be screaming, but Palin is supposed to believe Gwen Ifill is going to be nuetral. Please, it is always a double-standard, and conservatives are always expected to give the benefit of the doubt, that it will be fair.

marandan 10/02/08 - 05:17 am
KSL, I had heard about him,

KSL, I had heard about him, that he was a real inciter of social unrest, a long time ago, but I must admit I did not ever read about him. I never imagined in my wildest dreams, that AMERICA would ever allow socialism to take a stronghold in OUR GREAT country.

marandan 10/02/08 - 05:20 am
I am sad to say that it does

I am sad to say that it does appear to be happening. I hope enough people wake up and fight, before it is too late.