Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

IF YOU WANT TO save money on school expenses, cut the field lights off on Friday nights and play the games on Saturday afternoon in the light provided free by God.

CASTLEBERRY'S CLOSING. The market is in trouble. Services are disappearing. Foreclosures are up. Jobs are down. Yeah, all you McCain supporters just keep voting for more of same.

RAVE FOR Richmond County Board of Elections! The board has been doing a phenomenal job of recruiting voter registrations, promoting voter education and outstanding poll working training.

I THINK WE ALL should all know by now that Bill Cosby is the best candidate.

THEY'VE GOT DAYS for watering your yard, but the dumb-as-rocks people that run the government have not got a plan to have even and odd days to get gasoline.

RANT TO PRESIDENT BUSH. If he didn't have us in this useless war spending millions of dollars a day and losing American lives, we would have some money in our economy.

I'M READY TO MOVE to Antarctica. I'm just disgusted. I cannot believe that the people of this country can only pick the people they have picked for president.

RAVE TO OUR CARRIER, Ms. Moseley. She deserves recognition for her dependability delivering my daily paper, The Augusta Chronicle .

AUGUSTA TAXPAYERS are stressed out to the max. Certainly a stadium is not on their agenda.

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/01/08 - 04:20 am
The last time we were forced

The last time we were forced to go to odd-even gas rationing was under the Carter administration....ahh those days of bliss and 18-21% APR home loans. G'mornin, namasta and everybody! "We have the greatest country on earth, and I intend to change it!" -- Obiden '08

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/01/08 - 04:52 am
I don't get it, because MY

I don't get it, because MY home isn't in forclosure. I still blame the homeowner for getting in over their heads. There is a reason they took these high rate loans; they had bad credit to begin with and don't know how to manage their finances. With that being said, I also don't feel sorry for the banks for lending them the money then jackin the rates up to where they couldn't pay. Even I'm not dumb enough to lend even $20 to an idiot.

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/01/08 - 04:54 am
I'm considering buying a

I'm considering buying a second house as soon as the value of the homes go even lower. Oh how sweet it is to bank on another person's misfortune.

Reality
Reality 10/01/08 - 05:12 am
I'm with you on the home

I'm with you on the home buying DD, we are moving back next summer and have to find a house to buy, I hope the over inflated prices drop....

Reality
Reality 10/01/08 - 05:15 am
If you pay someone welfare

If you pay someone welfare and let them use that money to "buy" a house, aren't you essentially giving them the house for free and paying them to live there???? I do feel sorry for the truly innocent....

TroubIe

TroubIe 10/01/08 - 05:29 am
morning roadkill

morning roadkill

christian134
christian134 10/01/08 - 05:40 am
Good Wednesday morning

Good Wednesday morning all...Ya'll have a safe day....

christian134
christian134 10/01/08 - 05:48 am
The video of the children

The video of the children chanting songs for "change" is reminiscent of paying homage to a king only this time it is being sung in honor and hopes of raising monies for "king, savior" Obama...If anything it tends to cause a person's blood to run cold...

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/01/08 - 05:51 am
In response to the shallow

In response to the shallow "Castleberry closing" comment. McCain isn't responsible for all that happens in life. Grow up.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/01/08 - 05:52 am
Great, another anti-national

Great, another anti-national defense rant. Dems sure have a lot of anti-genius in their party.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/01/08 - 05:54 am
All right, at last, a wise

All right, at last, a wise ranter. If you don't like the way things are done in America, move to Antarctica.(not my first choice, but to each their own)

kat30815
kat30815 10/01/08 - 06:10 am
i agree with the rant about

i agree with the rant about the useless war. where are those weapons of mass destruction?

christian134
christian134 10/01/08 - 06:28 am
They could have landed square

They could have landed square in your backyard kat30815...Be very grateful the war is still overseas as it could and still might be brought to these shores...The financial disaster is all but torn the foundations out from underneath all of us...ONly thing left is to bring the terror war to to our shores and mop up...Give that some thought,kat, before you utter another inane remark...

ladysingstheblues
ladysingstheblues 10/01/08 - 06:35 am
DD your 4:54 was VERY mean

DD your 4:54 was VERY mean spirited at best...better not have such negative energy flowing through your thought process, least you wish it upon your self. And post above that was not much better...folks do what they have to do to get them in there family in to a home.

ladysingstheblues
ladysingstheblues 10/01/08 - 06:39 am
Good Morning CR.....have a

Good Morning CR.....have a good day...he he....off I go.....yippee

PTHS2
PTHS2 10/01/08 - 06:42 am
A RANT to the AC on the

A RANT to the AC on the choice of paper today for the print edition. We strongly support Breast Cancer awareness today (and always). But, even the classifieds and sports sections? C'mon, y'all. Many more folks have impaired vision than breast cancer. I think the A section alone would have made the point just fine.

Waymore
Waymore 10/01/08 - 07:00 am
No way high school ball would

No way high school ball would be played on Saturday. That would interfere with college ball.

kiddspur
kiddspur 10/01/08 - 07:07 am
DD - kinda like the way you

DD - kinda like the way you put that post -- I drive an older model car and so does my wife - when people ask me why I still drive my old van -- I tell them it is like my house, I like the name on it --PAID FOR -- Now it was done by hard work and time payments -- Paid For sounds so good. --- PTHS - did the AC do like our paper here -- print part of it in Pretty In Pink for cancer awareness month? -- that is mine for today. Everyone have a good day - 0ff to Hardees...

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/01/08 - 07:08 am
Wrong. People were getting

Wrong. People were getting in over their heads by buying homes they cannot afford. Some were taken advantage of when the adjustable rate inflated, but they never protected themselves through better financial planning. I work with a man that makes about 10K less than I do, yet he drives a $50K truck and lives in a $200K home. I may own a $20K motorcylce, but I live in a home I paid $72K for and drive a 9K pick up truck. This is why Double D can afford to travel around the world and have his toys. Even on the news this morning they are talking about how no one can borrow money etc. I promise you I could walk into a bank today and borrow over $20K unsecured at a decent APR. LSTB, I must've been talking about you.

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/01/08 - 07:10 am
Kiddspur, your dead on it. I

Kiddspur, your dead on it. I work with a man that is a self-made millionare, but he drives an F-150 that he paid 10K for about 7 years ago.

ladysingstheblues
ladysingstheblues 10/01/08 - 07:23 am
DD. No you weren't talking

DD. No you weren't talking about me. And even if you were it's not kind to 'feed off others misfortune', then on top of that to say how 'sweet' it would be. Egos r Us ring a bell to you?

DoubleD
DoubleD 10/01/08 - 07:27 am
Simple math is not a magic

Simple math is not a magic trick. If people cannot read, listen to the news, or do their own budget then I will continue to do what I must to improve my situation. Me being nice will not get rid of dumb people, so I will just tell it how it is.

freespeech
freespeech 10/01/08 - 07:29 am
Do you idiots remember Bill

Do you idiots remember Bill Clinton's campaign promise of home ownership for every American?? So how is this Bush's fault? He isn't responsible for these crazy lending practices. I am not a real estate person but have sold three homes in the last eight years and every time the buyer paid nothing at closing, and the monthly payment was cheaper than rent because of ARM loans. Jimmy Carter started all these give a way programs and every democrat since has added more idiot programs for free loaders. I'm sick of paying for lazy, sorry, folks that don't work and expect handouts, and it's clearly the fault of democrats.

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 10/01/08 - 07:31 am
we missed one anti-genus

we missed one anti-genus (Thank God). I'll let you guess who.

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 10/01/08 - 07:32 am
Sorry no spell check! We

Sorry no spell check! We missed one anti-genius (Thank God). I'll let you guess who.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/01/08 - 07:36 am
When I bought my ex's house

When I bought my ex's house in 91 we were told we qualified for 1100 mortgage, had I gotten a mortgage like that, knowing we would have to buy an new car in a few more years, whose fault would it be if the house was foreclosed. Just something to think about. Or should I have maxed the mortgage then asked for someone to bail me out.

SupremeChancellor
SupremeChancellor 10/01/08 - 07:43 am
Castleberry's may be closing

Castleberry's may be closing but Peach Orchard Road has a new IHOP! I'd say that's more important. 4 MORE YEARS!!!!

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 10/01/08 - 07:46 am
If the current administration

If the current administration is responsible for the Castleberry closing, shouldn't they also get credit for the zinc plant in Barnwell and the new Google hub???