Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

SHARON MCALEVY IS a true leader. Gracewood Elementary is very organized, on task, and educating the beautiful children of Richmond County under the leadership of this lady.

I HOPE SOMEONE investigates the crime scenes at each gas pump, because it is criminal what they are charging and getting away with.

RANT ABOUT the lack of available Gamecock merchandise at Border Bash.

A SHAME TO SEE all the new vehicles on the road with a major defect. It seems that the turn signals do not work on most of the vehicles on the road.

RAVES TO Columbia County School Superintendent Charles Nagle for having the good judgement and courage to solve a longstanding personnel problem, a problem his immediate predecessor had hoped would just go away!

RANT TO PEOPLE who think Sarah Palin should be vice president because she "represents everyday women." Sorry, but I don't want an everyday woman running this country, I want an extraordinary woman running it.

I WOULD LIKE to know why classroom teachers in Richmond County cannot get the supplies they need for their classrooms, including material for those students who cannot read on grade level without paying for it out of their underpaid pockets, yet Bedden gets a $15,000 bonus?

TO THE PERSON who said people who work at MCG should be fired for "abandoning our posts" to smoke: We have the right to take a break just like anyone else.

IF YOU DON'T want a progressive Columbia County then move to Richmond County. They will love to have you there.

HUGE RAVE FOR Richmond Academy's Coach Hughes. He has proven to be a championship coach in soccer and now has the perennial cellar-dweller playing very respectable football.

GAS STATIONS price gouging should be fined heavily or shut down for 30 days!

RAVE FOR THE Augusta Roads and Bridges Department that reacted quickly to my call about the serious plant and shrub obstruction as you leave Jackson Road to pull on to Walton Way. The obstruction was corrected promptly!

SALUTE TO JOHNNY Hanpton. Also, thank you very much for what you have done for us.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/30/08 - 04:20 am
Is "represents everyday

Is "represents everyday women" the same as "IS merely an everyday woman"? I think not. I do consider Nancy Pelosi as "extra-ordinary" in many ways, none of them good. G'mornin, namasta, and the rest of y'all!

crackerjack
crackerjack 09/30/08 - 04:33 am
I don't think your fellow

I don't think your fellow workers mind that you take a break to smoke. But that since we don't smoke, we don't get as many breaks as you. So I bought a pack of candy cigarettes and take a break when my fellow workers do. Problem solved!

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/30/08 - 04:39 am
crackerjack - LOL! Excellent

crackerjack - LOL! Excellent idea! We used to have many non-smokers come join us in the "smoke pit" just to be part of the "break area decision-making". (assuming the weather was nice)

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/30/08 - 05:19 am
My question is why are all

My question is why are all smoking areas right by the doors. I'm not against smoking but at the same time I shouldn't have to walk through a haze everytime I go into a business or hospital.

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/30/08 - 05:39 am
morning all, and roadkill,

morning all, and roadkill, would you quit submitting the blinker rant already????? you know it aint working......lol

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 05:40 am
How about we give smokers a

How about we give smokers a covered area in which to smoke that is at least 100 feet away from the entrances to these buildings, except the women. Nothing sexier than a good looking woman with yellow teeth & finger tips with a Marlboro hanging out of her mouth.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 05:48 am
And a woman who

And a woman who dips...OMG...I'm in heaven.....

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/30/08 - 05:50 am
Calm down there

Calm down there Putt....remember your stint.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 05:53 am
Hey....Oh you mean in my

Hey....Oh you mean in my heart....good morning, kind sir.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/30/08 - 05:54 am
Careful wouldn't want to turn

Careful wouldn't want to turn this place into a chat room lol! Good morning back!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 05:56 am
I would never be a party to

I would never be a party to that type of slick behavior. Good morning PTHS, crackerjack, and babydoll, where is everybody this morning?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/30/08 - 05:59 am
Well I am on my way home.

Well I am on my way home. Y'all be good and play nice....PUTT you're in charge.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/30/08 - 06:00 am
Silly-Q won't look anymore

Silly-Q won't look anymore since the revelation that the AC makes revenue off the "chat room". G'mornin' PUTT!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 06:01 am
Wyds you've made some big

Wyds you've made some big mistakes before, but this one is huge...drive safe. I know some folks who care a lot about you....

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 06:02 am
PTHS being undefeated sure is

PTHS being undefeated sure is more fun, huh?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/30/08 - 06:02 am
Yeah on the motorcycle so I

Yeah on the motorcycle so I always take extra care.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/30/08 - 06:03 am
BBL going to get the coffee

BBL going to get the coffee and read the real paper.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/30/08 - 06:09 am
I4PUTT - I'm sharing your

I4PUTT - I'm sharing your pain this week. Enjoy the throne time. ;-)

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/30/08 - 06:23 am
morning putt, pths, wylds,

morning putt, pths, wylds, and every one else

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/30/08 - 06:25 am
A rant to the chauvinist that

A rant to the chauvinist that feels the "every day woman" isn't extraordinary.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/30/08 - 06:26 am
smoke breaks are a right?

smoke breaks are a right?

christian134
christian134 09/30/08 - 06:27 am
Good morning everyone...Hope

Good morning everyone...Hope ya'll have a great day...To the ranter concerning Richmond County Schools and not enough materials plus students who have difficulty reading on level: let me clue you in on a little secret or really not so secret this has been an ongoing problem for the last twenty odd years...Yep this is nothing new...I was fighting this years ago and from what I came to understand there were people fighting it before my time...The problem I believe lies in the tremendous indifference to education while bureaucrats seek to live the high life by walking over the backs of the teachers and students...Let me clarify something...Teachers that want to teach their students instead of those who have tenure and are just going through the motions until retirement...I believe the teachers who really want to make a difference are among the minority while the ones who are riding out their time are the majority thus children are not learning...The bureaucrats keep the funds close to their pocketbooks therefore needed materials are not reaching the classrooms...There are reasons why Georgia and South Carolina are on the bottom of the totem pole of education in the United States...

christian134
christian134 09/30/08 - 06:32 am
To the ranter and their

To the ranter and their comment of "everyday woman"...I would rather have an "everyday woman" at the helm than a man who by nature believes themselves to be "god almighty"...If it were not for women, friend, the majority of men would not be able to find their way out of the house..This is not said in a mean-spirited way just said as truth...:-)Oh dang I need more coffee...:-)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/30/08 - 06:43 am
Coffee's hot and fresh, I'm

Coffee's hot and fresh, I'm awake and on the top side of the daisy's, having my imaginary smoke break, just finished my all pork sausage sandwich(that's right, heart attack on a bun) and trying to figure out how to eat the bear today!

marandan
marandan 09/30/08 - 06:47 am
morning CBBP,

morning CBBP, christian134,pths,wyld,putt,PT, and all others, good morning to you all.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/30/08 - 06:51 am
Good Morning to all my Peeps,

Good Morning to all my Peeps, Pimps Pervs Posters and Imposters!

marandan
marandan 09/30/08 - 06:52 am
How about POSERS?

How about POSERS?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/30/08 - 06:53 am
The Bailout Soup Kitchen menu

The Bailout Soup Kitchen menu for today's lunch is.... Tomatoe Soup, yep that's right, we give you the hot water and ketchup and you make it just like you like it! Limit of 4 saltines per bowl please! Tomorrows menu..."Mayonaise Sandwiches" Yum Yum!

disssman
disssman 09/30/08 - 06:54 am
For someone who declared

For someone who declared herself a Feminist-for-life in 2006, little Sarah sure looses her voice when a man tells her to. Now that is my kind of woman, isn't it yours also. You know the kind that dosen't speak unless a man tells her to she just stands in the background until its time for supper I guess!! Yeah we should all be extremely proud of little Sarah.

marandan
marandan 09/30/08 - 06:57 am
Wasn't it amazing how PELOZI

Wasn't it amazing how PELOZI screwed the whole deal yesterday? She had to get in one last jab, and it got her a NO VOTE on the bill. The less she talks, the better our country will be. I hope she gets voted out next time around.

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.