Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WHAT'S WITH THE median on Wheeler Road? The grass is at least a foot tall. Get it cut.

RANT TO ALL who might tailgate me, honk at me or flip me off for doing 55 mph, which, by the way, is the speed limit! I've gone from using almost a full tank of gas a week to just slightly over a half tank. While you are at the pump getting your $5 gas, I will be the one waving while passing by!

IT'S PRETTY SAD when I take my child to a "children's" function, that some parents can't seem to leave their wine at home! I didn't think that alcohol was allowed at the Columbia County Amphitheater during those type of events. It's also sad knowing that they drove their child home after downing that bottle of wine.

A RANT TO ALL politicians who can't face up to doing wrong. I would like to know what strings Sen. Cheek pulled to get his in-law such a light sentence. And B. Harbin? Just admit that you made a mistake and own up to it.'

TO THE PERSON who enjoyed open house at their child's school but was disturbed about the air being shut down at 2:30, try WORKING there after 2:30!

WHERE IS THE Doctors Hospital entrance?

A MAJOR RAVE to the customer at a Central Avenue gas station who gave me $10 to help out with gasoline. He put the money in my hand and just walked away. Thank you, kind stranger.

A RANT FOR ALL of Wrightsboro Road! I don't think there's a smooth spot anywhere.

A RAVE TO THE KIND PERSON who paid for mine and my husband's dinner at Country Boys Diner on Story Mill Road recently. Thank you and God bless you!

FORGET THE STADIUM! Fix the streets!

iabeewalkintomemphis
iabeewalkintomemphis 09/28/08 - 08:04 am
eagle, wish I could, just

eagle, wish I could, just have this real "light" feeling in the vacinity of my left hip--it's causing me to be slightly nauseas!!!!

christian134
christian134 09/28/08 - 08:27 am
SMGwhatamess that is about

SMGwhatamess that is about the most inane remarks on the drinking of wine that I have ever heard...Congratulations you have won the "non-nonsensical" award...

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/28/08 - 08:28 am
I had a chance to watch the

I had a chance to watch the game again this morning. We got robbed! Looks as though BAMA may have been holding on their first 12 touchdowns. GO DAWGS!!!

Boston93
Boston93 09/28/08 - 08:29 am
To MHwhatamessthisis. Don't

To MHwhatamessthisis.
Don't speed in North Augusta. If you do, they can follow you to Canada and issue a ticket. So many speeders cross the bridges from North Augusta to Augusta. They assume (you know what that means, huh?) that once you get on the bridge you are out of North Augusta. NOT. Slow down to 35 please.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 09/28/08 - 08:40 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

Richmondcountyteacher
Richmondcountyteacher 09/28/08 - 08:47 am
Why are students at Monte

Why are students at Monte Sano being allowed to assault students without being punished? My nephew was punched in the face and the same child that punched him later that day punched a little girl in the face. My nephew was moved to another class but nothing happened to the boy who was punching others! Why is this allowed? If you read the code of conduct it says that students should be suspended. It shouldn't matter if the kid is 6 or 16. No wonder they fight in high school...they don't think anything will happen. Discipline in Richmond County needs to be looked into.

disssman
disssman 09/28/08 - 09:03 am
Who is this idiot complaining

Who is this idiot complaining about the grass? Aparently they don't know that median grass ONLY gets cut during the Masters extravaganza!!! Thats when we clean everything around here. Wouldn't want the visitors to fly in and see how we live the rest of the year, would we. And quit complaining about rough roads. They are left that way to keep people from speeding and also to keep dirt from the underside of your car.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 09/28/08 - 09:12 am
I will not

I will not GLOAT..........much!

christian134
christian134 09/28/08 - 09:14 am
Ya think concernedaunt...This

Ya think concernedaunt...This type of non-discipline behavior has been going on for years....Much of it has to do with the fact that the teachers and principles have no authority to punish these "children" simply because someone somewhere will always try and get the teachers and principles fired and sued...Parents will not punish the kids, many because they are not to be found, grandparents are left to raise them and they are out of energy, or they just are waiting for the right scenario to come along so they can sue...Or more likely they feel little Johnny or Susie is an angel therefore no one is going to punish them not even the parents...Therefore discipline is non-existent...

TroubIe

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 09/28/08 - 09:29 am
good morning PUTT.

good morning PUTT.

SIGHER
SIGHER 09/28/08 - 09:34 am
Concernedaunt, not sure about

Concernedaunt, not sure about RC schools. But, CC schools have a zero tolerance reagrding drugs, fighting, etc. And they enforce it! Usually, both kids are suspended. Nobody deserves to be hit!

SIGHER
SIGHER 09/28/08 - 09:38 am
Doctors entrance is in the

Doctors entrance is in the back near the ER. That is the entrance most folks are using.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 09/28/08 - 09:53 am
Some drivers! Ever drive up

Some drivers! Ever drive up Jackson Road toward Wrightsboro? Some folks don't "drive" up that hill, they "coast" up the hill, going slower and slower, until they are going about 5 mph instead of maintaining the 35 mph speed limit. That's fine (though dumb) if there are no cars behind you, but there is usually a line of traffic on that road. You are not at "Putt Putt", you are driving a car.

iabeewalkintomemphis
iabeewalkintomemphis 09/28/08 - 09:55 am
bama,

bama, whooooooooooooooooooooooo, my booty hurt this morning!!!!!

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 09/28/08 - 09:57 am
LOL walking.

LOL walking.

mommy22girls
mommy22girls 09/28/08 - 09:57 am
I agree with the rant about

I agree with the rant about drinking with your children. I think it is horrible when you go out to eat and every adult at the table next to has multiple drinks and then drives their children home. Regardless if you drink wine in church or any where else for that matter, I just don't think you should do it and then drive with your children. If you want to involve alcohol in your evening then get a sitter!

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 09/28/08 - 10:05 am
If you know any laws sc is

If you know any laws sc is not suppose to cross the ga line giving out tickets what so ever it wasnt a speeding ticket it was a seatbelt ticket.

christian134 if she don't wanna see ppl drink wine then she should say home ppl complain about the dumbest stuff complain about bush giving out billions at a time less then a week apart.

mommy22girls
mommy22girls 09/28/08 - 10:12 am
Stupid complaint? I guess

Stupid complaint? I guess drinking and then putting your innocent child's life in danger by drinking and driving with them is okay to right? {shakes my head} Some people...

Rose
Rose 09/28/08 - 10:16 am
Yesterday someone told me

Yesterday someone told me that there was a stabbing at a gas station on Gordon Highway at Barton Chapel Road Friday night when someone broke in line to get gas.

mommy22girls
mommy22girls 09/28/08 - 10:18 am
Rose that is ridiculous!!!

Rose that is ridiculous!!!

Rose
Rose 09/28/08 - 10:20 am
It must not have been

It must not have been serious, because I never did hear about it on the news nor in AC.

XY
XY 09/28/08 - 10:48 am
I can't believe that there

I can't believe that there were no comments in Saturday's accross the area section, especially about the Deputy useing sexist and rasist comments while on duty

Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti
Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti 09/28/08 - 11:00 am
Could it be because the dep

Could it be because the dep was black?

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 11:24 am
The only liquor you can buy

The only liquor you can buy on Sunday's in Aiken is in restaurants with a license by the glass. Beer and wine are sold in stores inside the City of Aiken who have opted to pay for the special license to sell alcohol on Sundays for off site consumption.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 11:34 am
Gee whiz, angiesdad, you do

Gee whiz, angiesdad, you do obsess about the same old subjects. As usual, you are incorrect in your statements of fact. My husband and I do not, nor have we ever lived on the south side of Aiken.

GASUNSHINE08
GASUNSHINE08 09/28/08 - 11:51 am
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! To the

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! To the person ranting about tailgaters. You are probably one of those who thinks they are the speed police and drive in the left lane to force others to slow down. If someone is coming up behind you faster than you are driving, the law says you are to move over. Be courteous!!

Rose
Rose 09/28/08 - 12:16 pm
Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti The

Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti The deputy is white .