Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

WHAT'S WITH THE median on Wheeler Road? The grass is at least a foot tall. Get it cut.

IT'S PRETTY SAD when I take my child to a "children's" function, that some parents can't seem to leave their wine at home! I didn't think that alcohol was allowed at the Columbia County Amphitheater during those type of events. It's also sad knowing that they drove their child home after downing that bottle of wine.

A RANT TO ALL politicians who can't face up to doing wrong. I would like to know what strings Sen. Cheek pulled to get his in-law such a light sentence. And B. Harbin? Just admit that you made a mistake and own up to it.'

TO THE PERSON who enjoyed open house at their child's school but was disturbed about the air being shut down at 2:30, try WORKING there after 2:30!

WHERE IS THE Doctors Hospital entrance?

A MAJOR RAVE to the customer at a Central Avenue gas station who gave me $10 to help out with gasoline. He put the money in my hand and just walked away. Thank you, kind stranger.

A RANT FOR ALL of Wrightsboro Road! I don't think there's a smooth spot anywhere.

A RAVE TO THE KIND PERSON who paid for mine and my husband's dinner at Country Boys Diner on Story Mill Road recently. Thank you and God bless you!

FORGET THE STADIUM! Fix the streets!

Nammy
Nammy 09/28/08 - 03:54 am
hey!! *Y*a*Y* Good morning

hey!! *Y*a*Y* Good morning ya'll! Re: Dr. Hospital entrance is at the front, isn't it? Don't you be bothering Travis up there...lol...For those that don't know: Paul Newman died-I don't see anything in the AC about it...so sad. Wonderful, compassionate man! (not just an actor) Howdy-hoo pths... (':

sliique
sliique 09/28/08 - 04:41 am
"RANT TO ALL who might

"RANT TO ALL who might tailgate me, honk at me or flip me off for doing 55 mph, which, by the way, is the speed limit! I've gone from using almost a full tank of gas a week to just slightly over a half tank. While you are at the pump getting your $5 gas, I will be the one waving while passing by!"

Yeah, well.....TRY to remember the Passing Lane is for, you guessed it, PASSING. Just like the word intimates.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/28/08 - 05:38 am
Maybe they are waiting for

Maybe they are waiting for somebody to pick up the trash in the median of Wheeler Rd before cutting it... G'mornin namasta and everybody!

they call me pete
they call me pete 09/28/08 - 05:40 am
I have a bet going. I say

I have a bet going. I say Aiken soes not sell liquor on sundays...maybe beer or wine, but not anything with a bang. My friend says liquor stores are open on sundays in aiken and sell the hard stuff. This is only liquor stores we are talking about. What says you??

Nammy
Nammy 09/28/08 - 05:52 am
Hey pete! Um, with the

Hey pete! Um, with the medications you are on...I worry, if this is of the utmost importance to you...lol. But dude-I have no idea whether any liquor stores are open on Sundays in Aiken. I should think the inter-mingling of medication and wine, beer or anything with a lesser "bang" would suffice. But I'm no expert, no. Hope you're well. Have a great day, bud...(':

NEone
NEone 09/28/08 - 05:58 am
PTHS: I doubt they are

PTHS: I doubt they are waiting for someone to pick up the trash. More like they are waiting for spring... and Master's Week.

they call me pete
they call me pete 09/28/08 - 05:59 am
It ain't for me nam. Dawgs

It ain't for me nam. Dawgs lost to a Bama fan. My prize was he shave off that dumbarse beard, his prize was a bottle of liquor. I am tired of the yakking. And no thanks for your advice.

angiesdad
angiesdad 09/28/08 - 06:00 am
you cannot buy liquor

you cannot buy liquor anywhere in s.c. on sundays.for the winos,and dt 's freaks that are too stupid to stock up on saturday,they'll have to go to one of the liquor houses located in the inner city.ksl wouldn't know anything about that.she and her college educated husband live on the south side of aiken,where many folks have their bars stocked better than their refrigerators.be back after a needed nap.

Nammy
Nammy 09/28/08 - 06:24 am
Hey man, YOU asked...and I'll

Hey man, YOU asked...and I'll take my "have a great day, bud" back...lol. Be that way...see how ya are? As far as the yakking goes...you got a whole day off yesterday from that too...

they call me pete
they call me pete 09/28/08 - 06:48 am
whatever you say nam.

whatever you say nam.

karmakills123
karmakills123 09/28/08 - 06:59 am
angiesdad why harbor such ill

angiesdad why harbor such ill feelings so early in the AM?? It must make the rest of your day so very miserable (and makes you sound a little bit jealous of ksl and her educated spouse not to mention her well stocked liquor cabinets.) And to everyone else Good Morning !! Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood !!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/28/08 - 07:25 am
OK I've got slippers, my

OK I've got slippers, my sweater, has anyone seen my bubble pipe?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/28/08 - 07:30 am
Coffee, please, Coffee!

Coffee, please, Coffee!

karmakills123
karmakills123 09/28/08 - 07:30 am
C&P from sylvia Coopers

C&P from sylvia Coopers column.........Anyway, all the news about gasoline caused me to think about how our Augusta commissioners are faring through the crisis. Since Jan. 1, six of them had pumped 2,329 gallons. You didn't see the $7,870.62 bill, but you paid it. Commissioner Corey Johnson is still in the lead with 758 gallons, barely ahead of Alvin Mason with 627 gallons. Calvin Holland burned 423 gallons; Mayor Pro Tem Betty Beard , 187; Don Grantham , 193; and Jimmy Smith , 139 gallons. ..You just gotta love those hardworking clowns : (

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/28/08 - 07:39 am
Alabama 5965021833 My beloved

Alabama 5965021833 My beloved UGA only 30...what's a DAWG fan to do?

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/28/08 - 07:41 am
morning all, CBBP, pass that

morning all, CBBP, pass that coffee this way would you??????

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/28/08 - 07:42 am
lol putt, morning

lol putt, morning

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/28/08 - 07:43 am
I4PUTT - start stocking up

I4PUTT - start stocking up now for Nov 1st like us Gator fans are - hopefully one of us gets a(nother) shot at them in Atlanta.

iabeewalkintomemphis
iabeewalkintomemphis 09/28/08 - 07:45 am
14putt, take a enema, it

14putt, take a enema, it helps!!!!

griesella
griesella 09/28/08 - 07:46 am
Sylvia Cooper can't retire.

Sylvia Cooper can't retire. Her article is the best thing in the Sunday paper. Please, Sylvia. Say you are not leaving us.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/28/08 - 07:46 am
The 'Cocks had no trouble

The 'Cocks had no trouble with their 'Bama team. Go 'Cocks!

iabeewalkintomemphis
iabeewalkintomemphis 09/28/08 - 07:47 am
pt, you and your little

pt, you and your little "chicken littles", go back to sleep!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/28/08 - 07:47 am
Good morning

Good morning everybody....PY...I thought we were friends...lol

griesella
griesella 09/28/08 - 07:54 am
The tall grass on Wheeler Rd

The tall grass on Wheeler Rd median might be the same wild stuff that is in my yard. You cut it one day, and 2 days later it needs it again. I think its called wild bermuda. Anyhow, that is the very least of my worries today. Haven't you heard? The sky is falling....

christian134
christian134 09/28/08 - 07:57 am
Good Sunday Morning

Good Sunday Morning all...Ya'll have a great day...:-)

kiddspur
kiddspur 09/28/08 - 07:59 am
If it walks like a duck,

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck -- quack quack, at least some different posts on here today ----Looks like the BCS took a licking yesterday --OUCH!

griesella
griesella 09/28/08 - 07:59 am
As a PT "Chicken Little" I

As a PT "Chicken Little" I think I will go back to bed.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 09/28/08 - 07:59 am
IT'S PRETTY SAD get a life

IT'S PRETTY SAD get a life they drink wine in church.

SMHwhatamessthisis
SMHwhatamessthisis 09/28/08 - 08:02 am
a big rant to north

a big rant to north augusta,sc they dont want us OVER there getting gas.and we dont want ya'll way over the ga line giving out tickets.you know u are not suppose to.