Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I HAVE SET ASIDE MONEY to pay my property tax. However, due to budgetary concerns, I have decided to "freeze" that money.

PEOPLE SHOULD PRAISE Commissioner Bowles for his pointing out what the people want to know about the usage of gas and mileage by our commissioners. It's something that's been pointed out by reporters as public information. If there's any reprimand, it should be made for that outgoing commissioner who dared to fill up two tanks on his last day.

VEEP CANDIDATE PALIN IS a pitiful representation of a downfall of our current times. To act like it's a celebration for her new grandchild to be born to a teenager who will be marrying the father of the baby. I sure hope the teenager and baby will not be a stat on the welfare roll. And Palin had better not sing the tired old song about abstinence when her daughter proves 100 percent that it fails!

DO LAWN SERVICES IN AUGUSTA pay to park in the turn lanes on Walton Way Extension? Are they exempt from tickets when they park their rigs in the middle of busy traffic?

IT SEEMS THE MORE THE Republican Party and V.P. candidate Sarah Palin attempt to sway voters, the more they distort facts and evade the real issues that confront the citizens of the United States. I suppose after you have begun to realize that you are on a losing team then your only recourse is to revert to early childhood and act like children.

DEAR DRIVERS OF THE CSRA, don't hate me (by tailgating me, cutting me off, and/or turning in front of me) because I ride a motorcycle. Be happy that I am reducing our dependence on foreign oil, and in the process bringing down the cost of your gas. Share the road.

Nammy
Nammy 09/20/08 - 04:08 am
Good bike rant. If I see ya-I

Good bike rant. If I see ya-I swear to God, I won't do any of these things but there are times you are very hard to see! Morning pths, T, rk and all ya'll! How was the game? (': Have a great day!

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/20/08 - 04:20 am
A couple of things - Where

A couple of things - Where are the HS football scores? KUDOS to the Glenn Hills FB team, staff, fans and especially the band for showing a lot of class and spirit last night. We thank you! Congrats on the win! Here is a neat economic tidbit - DOW UP 40 POINTS IN PAST MONTH... UP 18% PAST 5 YEARS... UP 44% PAST 10 YEARS... G'mornin, namasta (this one's for you) and everybody else. GO GATORS!

As It Is
As It Is 09/20/08 - 04:32 am
McCain and Palin aren't

McCain and Palin aren't exactly the best the Republican Party has to offer. However, the worst of those offering to serve on the republican ticket are far better than what the democrats are offering. George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.
The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!...But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST 1 1/2 YEARS:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~11,100-- $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

We desperately need McCain & Palin

pofwe
pofwe 09/20/08 - 04:47 am
" I sure hope the teenager

" I sure hope the teenager and baby will not be a stat on the welfare roll." You are grasping at straws to say something negative about Palin.
"Palin is a pitiful representation of a downfall of our current times," for crying out loud you are the most pathetic of the pitiful, you loser you.

christian134
christian134 09/20/08 - 05:23 am
Good Saturday morning

Good Saturday morning all...Ya'll have a safe and great day...

myopinion3
myopinion3 09/20/08 - 05:44 am
yes we certainly dont want

yes we certainly dont want the lawn services to have to actually park in the driveway of one of those fance Walton Way Extension homes....How would that look?

angiesdad
angiesdad 09/20/08 - 06:10 am
i agree with the ranter about

i agree with the ranter about the dizzy mayor from wasilla,and gov of 660,000? whoo-hoo! most mayors have that many in their cities.certainly 2 mules for sister sarah can afford to take care of the newest addition to the family,she's taking care of todd man too.whens the last time he brought in a check?chill toddman those secret service agents aren't interested in sarah,they've seen better bones in a soup.wedontwantyouasademocrat, i've seen some slow leaks in my time but you take the cake.we don't need anyone to help us, we are and were the only super power.i find it strange that we can't contain communism 90 miles off our coast,but try 10,000 miles away.if s vietnam asked for our help,then why did lbj need the gulf of tonkin lie?because congress knew it was a mistake to go there.jfk said it was their war to win,and we know what happened to him.how long are we going to hold n korea at bay it's been over 50 years,even pat buchanan laughs at this.iraq did not ask us to invade and can't get us to leave.marandan germany sunk the ship but where was it in norfolk?no, we wanted it to get struck to join the fight.anymore questions? be back later.

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 06:25 am
Obama wanted to remove troops

Obama wanted to remove troops from Iraq immediately, now responsibly, he said he could no more disown Reverend Wright than his own grandmother and that he was a friend of the family and then he threw Wright under the bus so what kind of loyalty is that? Who is he loyal to (if anyone or anything)? He said Israel must never be divided and the next day said it must, he said he is ready to lead but the only true accomplishments are writing two books about himself, his working for change or with anyone across the isle is not even negligable, he talks about hope then tells a 7 year old America will never be what it once was, he agreed to public financing then refused it, he accused Clinton and Edwards of taking union money then did it himself, he said it was time to end an embargo in Cuba and then told a Miami audience he would not do so, he said we should not crack down on employers that hire illegal aliens and then said we should, he told college students he would make mairjuana legal and then in debate said he was against it, he said he would meet with foreign leaders his first year in office without preconditions then laid out preconditions.

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 06:33 am
Obama said both that Iran is

Obama said both that Iran is a grave threat to the world then said it's just a tiny country. Which one is it? He said he would repeal the Patriot Act and then voted for it, as an Illinios Senator he voted for illegal aliens to be required to get drivers licenses then in debate took a stance against it, he said he would reduce spending by the military and now says he will invest in our military, is this just political posturing based on his audience? He has reinvented himself so many times does anyone know who he really is? He seems to be loyal to no one or nothing except himself. How can I or anyone vote for someone that we really don't know who they are? I want someone who has proven they will place country over self, party, or special interests, I want a patriot not a politician, I want a leader not a chameleon, I want McCain.

marandan
marandan 09/20/08 - 06:51 am
dwbad, very well put. DITTO

dwbad, very well put. DITTO

crazyoldman
crazyoldman 09/20/08 - 07:15 am
What a dumb butt. Abstinence

What a dumb butt. Abstinence does work. Palin’s daughter wasn’t abstinent.

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/20/08 - 07:19 am
Morning everyone, looks like

Morning everyone, looks like Palin really does have the dems terrified, you would think they were all moose or something.

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 07:22 am
morning babydoll

morning babydoll

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/20/08 - 07:24 am
crazyoldman, I believe you

crazyoldman, I believe you just drove the nail home! Some people have a hard time containing their ignorance!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/20/08 - 07:25 am
Nice Bacon and Pancakes there

Nice Bacon and Pancakes there Babydoll!

mays383
mays383 09/20/08 - 07:26 am
People be honest when it

People be honest when it comes to the Palin daughter situation, there are those that got caught and those that didn't. For most of those that didn't end up in that situation it wasn't because they didn't go through the motions.

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/20/08 - 07:27 am
Dontwant, Obama is very loyal

Dontwant, Obama is very loyal to one thing and only one thing, he is loyal to the power that he craves so much, and will do or say anything to get it.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/20/08 - 07:28 am
I didn't think Palins

I didn't think Palins daughter was running for anything! She's just there supporting her Mother. So why attack her?

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/20/08 - 07:29 am
LOL, ty cbbp

LOL, ty cbbp

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 07:29 am
I agree 100% mays383

I agree 100% mays383

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 07:31 am
Yeah he wants that power so

Yeah he wants that power so much so his wife will be "SUPER PROUD" of her country (for the first time) LOL

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/20/08 - 07:32 am
CBBP, they attack the

CBBP, they attack the daughter because they cant find a reason to attack the momma, and they are scared of her, i am hoping that the daughter sees this for what it is, a pathetic attempt to bring down her mother.

christian134
christian134 09/20/08 - 07:34 am
Why would this nation have

Why would this nation have anything at all to do with this Obama character who would admit to "feeling sympathy" for this nation and her people but seeks to pledge $50 billion to United Nations to end world poverty? This man has lost all sense of sane reasoning I firmly believe or he is beginning to believe in the media hype of his being some sort of "savior"...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/20/08 - 07:35 am
Christian, look to the

Christian, look to the history books and read of Hitlers rise and doctrine, the similarities will shock and amaze you

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 07:35 am
And what did Obama say about

And what did Obama say about leaving family out of it? Yeah right, just like my examples above. Power corrupts and power corrupts Obama quickly.

mgroothand
mgroothand 09/20/08 - 07:36 am
Dontwant: The Dems are

Dontwant: The Dems are vetting Sarah Palin with a mass attack on her and her family, then block or deny any and all inquiries into Obama. No one really knows who Obama is, his friends and associates are known and all extremely negative while Tod Palin's 20 year old DWI is highlighted.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/20/08 - 07:37 am
I like seeing the Palin rants

I like seeing the Palin rants and whines. It means the left is still in disarray. Be afraid, be very afraid.

factchecker
factchecker 09/20/08 - 07:42 am
The rumor mill is up an

The rumor mill is up an running - in my office yesterday the rumor was going around that Biden will drop out right after the VP debate and Obama will put Hilliary in so the dems can get that vote back. If true, they aren't trying to run on issues because they know their issues stink. They will be running on presumed popularity.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/20/08 - 07:44 am
I think Hillary would be the

I think Hillary would be the final nail in the coffin

BamaMan
BamaMan 09/20/08 - 07:45 am
I don't care if Palin is the

I don't care if Palin is the Governor to 25! That's 25 more governed than Obama!

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...