Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WASHINGTON ROAD PAVING? Huh! MLK Boulevard could use repaving, too, but then April visitors most likely won't be traveling that road. We just pay the taxes.

A RAVE FOR Mr. Wehunt, the lower school principal at Augusta Prep. I don't know if the afternoon pickup routine was his idea ... but it's fantastic!

BIG RANT FOR Bush. He just gave $1 billion of our hard-earned tax money to the wrong Georgia.

SARAH PALIN IS a successful woman, so why aren't the feminists rallying behind her? Because she loves and enjoys her children. To the feminists, children are a burden to be avoided. Poor feminists, women are no longer listening to their mindless drivel.

I AM NORMALLY not a college football fan, but I get sick at the fact that people in Georgia think the Bulldogs are some kind of gods and that Mark Richt is some kind of god.

A RANT TO REPUBLICANS, particularly those at the convention. While the Democrats were classy and did not talk down to the Republican Party, the Republicans have done nothing but be rude and disgraceful to them.

I AGREE WITH the senior from Evans High about the problem of honors parking -- and I'm a parent! My son earned his pass to park there and many selfish parents are ruining it for these hardworking kids.

BUSH JUST SENT "an extra" $1 billion to Georgia. That's a billion more of our money that doesn't yet exist, but Bush just pours it out like it's water from Gustav. Obama, with his communist tendencies (They're worse than tendencies) would likely do worse by actually helping the Russians arm, but that doesn't make Bush right.

HOW CAN OBAMA, a lifetime member of the Chicago political machine, ever even pretend to be for ethics reform?

BOTH GEORGIA SENATORS, Chambliss and Isakson, have come out foursquare against import tariffs. Import tariffs are what our Founding Fathers used to finance the original U.S. government. Thus, our present senators are fighting directly against our Founding Fathers. Which group do you trust?

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/19/08 - 08:47 pm
Saywhat I see you just edited

Saywhat I see you just edited your post to take your racist white retard comments out. Was it becuase I threw it back on you? I'm glad you got the point, to bad the rest of these idiots don't!!! Everyone who works taxes go to pay for the lazy, non working baby factories of all races. If you percieve a comment about gov't lifers as pertaining to black people, then obviously YOU are the one who recognizes they are the majority ripping off taxpayers!!!!!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/19/08 - 08:53 pm
Modifying all your racist

Modifying all your racist posts huh saywhat?? What's the matter, did you get my point of how racist and hypocritical you sound?? It is accepted as ok because its about a white person, and you wouldn't have thought twice about it had I not pointed it out. Of course, if the shoe was on the other foot and a white made that comment, there would be hell to pay. Funny how no one even mentioned it. Maybe becuase we don't look for ways to turn everything into a race hate thing. I do not even care about what you said, to me it was a descriptive insult, but had it been used to talk about a black it would have been preceived as racist, why ??? Just making a point!! =)

movingforward
movingforward 09/19/08 - 08:58 pm
Great news for Butler bad

Great news for Butler bad news for Hephzibah High. The same problems at Butler High will soon surface at Hephzibah High due to newly assigned administrator. Dr. Bedden, you don't move a problem you eliminate it.

Augustaguy1962
Augustaguy1962 09/19/08 - 09:04 pm
All counties submit roads

All counties submit roads whether state or local for LARP(Local assistance Road Paving) Funds from the state. The state DOT then approves som many roads per county for paving. No matter what the county would like to pave first the DOT decides the priority of paving.

Also the budget crunch in Georgia only APPLIES to 158 counties in Ga. Houston County, home of the balding idiot gov we have, just signed over 30 million dollars of building contracts there. Including the $14,000,000 Sonny Perdue Exhibition hall and lake @ the fair grounds. He makes sure his home county is taken care of for when he is out in 15 months. Just your typical REPUBLICAN thief, just like the Alaskan Senator who has been indicted for fraud and his part in the Bridge to nowhere the great PALIN supported.

ladysingstheblues
ladysingstheblues 09/19/08 - 09:12 pm
Can we stop all the arguing

Can we stop all the arguing over race and politics already

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/19/08 - 09:30 pm
Augustaguy, anyone who even

Augustaguy, anyone who even takes a glimpse at the city and these posters and sees all the ignorance and racism spilling over would probably overlook Augusta too!!!!!! I'm not suprised RC isnt top priority on anyone's list, not just thieving republicans, but also ignorant dumocrats!!!

johnsmith
johnsmith 09/19/08 - 09:32 pm
Hey, liberal bed-wetters,

Hey, liberal bed-wetters, keep telling yourselves: It's the Republicans who are mean and evil and spiteful. It's the Republicans who are mean and evil and spiteful. Not Charlie Rangel, friend of the little guy: http://wcbstv.com/campaign08/congressman.charles.rangel.2.821541.html
And then there's politically correct Sandra Bernhardt, doing her bit to make the world a better and more tolerant place: http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/sandra-bernhard-palin-would-be-gang... Then you have, direct from the Chosen One's campaign, itself, an ad that presents simple, clear untruths in an attempt to convince Hispanics that McCain hates them and that they need to engage in some sort of voters' "vengeance" by siding with the Angels and the Messiah: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/from-the-fact-1.html None of this is "slant" or anyone's COMMENT on these events: I'm giving you links to the actual texts/video. But it's the Republicans who are mean and evil and spiteful. Let's pause for a moment to wonder what would have happened had, say, Newt Gingrich called Hillary "disabled," or if Mel Gibson had threatened to have her gang-raped...

SUNSET
SUNSET 09/19/08 - 09:41 pm
our tax dollars are used to

our tax dollars are used to help copanies that are paying top executives very large salaries and bonuses. the government needs to step in and do a little salary cuts. thats probably the reason the company is going under.

Rose
Rose 09/19/08 - 09:42 pm
dani I am so sorry you have

dani I am so sorry you have to got through so much pain right now. My prayers go out to your granddaughter and you and your family.

SIGHER
SIGHER 09/19/08 - 10:00 pm
dani, my thoughts and prayers

dani, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray that God will touch your granddaughter with His healing hand!

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 09/19/08 - 10:13 pm
movingforward: I agree with

movingforward: I agree with you. If you are an ineffective Principal at one school you SHOULD NOT be moved to another school as Principal like they are doing with Dr. Reeves. I am pleased to see that Dr. Frazier will be allowed to continue his excellent work as Tubman Middle School Principal !

corgimom
corgimom 09/19/08 - 10:28 pm
Angiesdad- please contact

Angiesdad- please contact Austin Rhodes immediately. The Convicted Felon Known as Ryan B. was responsible for the plane hitting the Pentagon on 9/11. Ryan B. has the video. It was a conspiracy. I confess the truth, I've known it all along, you were the only one out of 300 million people who figured it out that it wasn't terrorists that did it. And now you and Austin can obsess together.