Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WASHINGTON ROAD PAVING? Huh! MLK Boulevard could use repaving, too, but then April visitors most likely won't be traveling that road. We just pay the taxes.

A RAVE FOR Mr. Wehunt, the lower school principal at Augusta Prep. I don't know if the afternoon pickup routine was his idea ... but it's fantastic!

BIG RANT FOR Bush. He just gave $1 billion of our hard-earned tax money to the wrong Georgia.

SARAH PALIN IS a successful woman, so why aren't the feminists rallying behind her? Because she loves and enjoys her children. To the feminists, children are a burden to be avoided. Poor feminists, women are no longer listening to their mindless drivel.

I AM NORMALLY not a college football fan, but I get sick at the fact that people in Georgia think the Bulldogs are some kind of gods and that Mark Richt is some kind of god.

A RANT TO REPUBLICANS, particularly those at the convention. While the Democrats were classy and did not talk down to the Republican Party, the Republicans have done nothing but be rude and disgraceful to them.

I AGREE WITH the senior from Evans High about the problem of honors parking -- and I'm a parent! My son earned his pass to park there and many selfish parents are ruining it for these hardworking kids.

BUSH JUST SENT "an extra" $1 billion to Georgia. That's a billion more of our money that doesn't yet exist, but Bush just pours it out like it's water from Gustav. Obama, with his communist tendencies (They're worse than tendencies) would likely do worse by actually helping the Russians arm, but that doesn't make Bush right.

HOW CAN OBAMA, a lifetime member of the Chicago political machine, ever even pretend to be for ethics reform?

BOTH GEORGIA SENATORS, Chambliss and Isakson, have come out foursquare against import tariffs. Import tariffs are what our Founding Fathers used to finance the original U.S. government. Thus, our present senators are fighting directly against our Founding Fathers. Which group do you trust?

chad6401
chad6401 09/19/08 - 11:14 am
Did any body here the bells

Did any body here the bells ringing this morning the Village is calling for all thier Idiots to return.

angiesdad
angiesdad 09/19/08 - 11:17 am
i stand corrected sawdust,

i stand corrected sawdust, that was your sidekick marandan who said their work was secret, in iraq.i'm baffeled as to who is paying you guys to repair stucture that the u.s. bombers blew up? is it the mighty us treasury that is 10 trillion dollars in debt,and projecting a 408 billion dollar deficit this year? i wonder how many companies could operate like that? oh i know aig,the mac crooks,and soon it will be the automakers.how do you bail people out when you're broke yourself? roadkill when you show me the photos of flight 77 hitting the pentagon, i will hush.i've waited 7 years. i'm willing to wait till hell freezes over, how about you? marandan, in your own words, tell me how fighting ww2,korea,vietnam,or iraq saved me from anything?the prezs job is to protect this country, in which we are.no where in the constitution does it give us the right to invade,topple and pillage a countries resources.s korea can stand on their own,that war is still not ended.n vietnam took over the south which is what they were going to do anyway.58,000 people should not have died.ww2? money!we went lookin for a fight and got one.fdr knew pearl harbor was coming.we know now that he provoked the japs.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 09/19/08 - 11:27 am
Charley, Art Bell just

Charley, Art Bell just called, he wants his aluminum foil hat back.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/19/08 - 11:39 am
Do we want 4 more yrs like

Do we want 4 more yrs like the past 2 yrs of the dims being in charge? If so, vote NObama/NObiden.

chad6401
chad6401 09/19/08 - 11:45 am
DEMS If they were so great

DEMS If they were so great why could they not fix anything in two years, Gas went up, Housing bubble popped, Now you have a VP canidate saying he wants to take money from the top wage earners and give it to the middle class and saying it is their patriotic duty to do so, Horse squeeze. Give a tax break to the middle class hell 60% of the middle class already hardley pay taxes, Yes we pay throught the year and give the Gov. an interest free loan and then they give most of it back and people are Happy about that. Go figure.

marandan
marandan 09/19/08 - 11:48 am
Sawdust, I am sorry that

Sawdust, I am sorry that Micheal Moore mistook you for me, but neither you nor I said, secret anything. I said for security purposes, and he had ever been in the military he would understand this concept., without going into detail. I truly believe he and people like him would probably make that info public to help our enemies. Man this guy takes us back to WW2, to show how long he hates this country and our battles of good versu EVIL. Our country is great because our ancestors, on down to our present generation, have men and women willing to fight, and even die to protect the freedoms we all enjoy. I do truly believe this man may be an imposter, who is really from Europe(probably FRANCE).

1941
1941 09/19/08 - 11:49 am
Well Bush Lovers, Look what

Well Bush Lovers, Look what the retard in the white house has done to this country, he is bailing out all banking instutions, that are in trouble to the tune of trillions, you all did not learn anything from the first term, so you idiots had to give him another term, so now when you talk about your taxes beign used to take care of african americans,which is a lie,Your taxes will be used to take care of the rich ceo.s and the ELITE, In a few months the retard will roll into the sunset with all the money he and his crew stole, and leave his faithful idiots to pay for his blunders, them and thier children, and thier childrens ,children!!! We african americans won;t have to pay a dime in taxes, because you all say that we don;t pay taxes. See you at the polls!!!!!!!!

sawgrass
sawgrass 09/19/08 - 11:56 am
angiesdud - As rich as the

angiesdud - As rich as the Iraqi government is, the infrasturcture is delapidated. No capital improvements have been performed in power, water and waste treatment facilities in years. It's true, some were damaged by both U.S. and Iraqi forces but most are just worn out. We were contracted to the Iraqi government. I'm unclear where you get your information suggesting we were paid by the U.S.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/19/08 - 12:02 pm
Look what your dims have done

Look what your dims have done to our financial institutions. Remember it was Bush that asked for regulations of financial industry in 2003 and dims voted against it. barney frank said we don't need regulations. It's your dims that walked out with millions in benefits. Get your facts right if your going to post something. Sure isn't fair to have those that give nothing (and aren't patriotic, as NObiden says) being able to vote to have the achievers taxed more just to give to the under achievers. Those that got loans, knowing they couldn't afford them are now being bailed out.

Nammy
Nammy 09/19/08 - 12:03 pm
Good afternoon pths! and all!

Good afternoon pths! and all! Sorry so late--am just getting here and got a whole lot to read yet...saw your post. Have a great day everyone!

Nammy
Nammy 09/19/08 - 12:03 pm
turn the page... (': Happy,

turn the page... (': Happy, happy birthday PT!!! (I saw that!) And many more..........

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/19/08 - 12:09 pm
Funny how dims say that

Funny how dims say that McCain is losing it because he chose the least qualified candidate in Palin. NObama chooses NObiden and you think he chose the most qualified? That's got to be the best one yet.

marandan
marandan 09/19/08 - 12:14 pm
Saywhat, do you know that

Saywhat, do you know that OBAMA #1 advisor JIM JOHNSON was in charge of FM&FM until recently, and HE walked away from it after 10"S of millions out of it. Your anger should be steered to mr Bill Clinton, who started this, giving out No down payment, non qualifying loans to people who could not afford it, just so he could make people like you to think he was the best thing for you. It is called predatory lending. Barney Frank has been in charge of it for a long long time, and never came out publicly, to say this system could not stand. John Mccain did in 2004. They just kept milkin it and giving some skimmings off the top, to the top DEMS. So if you don't get preferencial treatment in home loans it is the REPS mean spiritness, but if you do get the loans for stuff you can't afford, its the Rebs fault for allowing it to happen. If you people are so smart, why would you get into something that you don't understand(Balloon or interest only loans)? Like all the people down in Florida, saying they didnt understand how to vote. Please! You sound like one of those Katrina, survivors(Not Victims), blame the REPS even though it is not the Whitehouse that controls all bad things, or weather

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 12:43 pm
As an independent, I see

As an independent, I see where this McCain fellow is going right along with Bush's plan for more and more government with the corporate welfare bail out. As an independent I can see more and more republicans joining the independent ranks as they speak so often against big government and corporate welfare.
Rush's head is about to explode on the radio. The ditto heads are really complaining about the unbibical cord between this Bush fellow and this mcCain fellow. Bush is calling McCain McSame. Why would he do that? Speaking as an independent, I think I see which way I have to go for the good of the country.
Speaking as an independent, I will make my decision know soon so all independents will know which way to go. Now, speaking as an independent, have a blessed day.

sawgrass
sawgrass 09/19/08 - 12:48 pm
marandan - I assume angiesdud

marandan - I assume angiesdud gave up. He has difficulty dealing with facts instead of a vivid imagination.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/19/08 - 12:51 pm
If Americans want more of the

If Americans want more of the same as the past 2 yrs *(with dims in charge)*, vote for 4 more years of the same and vote NObama/NObiden. All that and higher taxes, delay the drawdown of the troops until after the election, a chicken in every pot, free medical, higher taxes, free college, and higher taxes. NObama/NObiden appreciate the votes of the blind and gullible followers.

marandan
marandan 09/19/08 - 01:00 pm
I hope the blind don't miss

I hope the blind don't miss those hanging chads. Hahahaha Isn't it a joke that those people let the likes of REV Jessie Jackson, say these people were disenfranchised. Most of them didnt lknow they were disenfranchised until they were told they were. Translation: These people were too stupid(illiterate) to realize how to vote. Then why are they voting for our countrys' future.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 09/19/08 - 01:03 pm
Well lets see I am new to GA

Well lets see I am new to GA but when we lived in Manhattan KS--the home of the almighty WildCats they did the same thing. Trust me it is not just in this town. I feel the town has a right to be proud of their local college teams. Personally I am a PENN STATE fan all the way but one good thing about GA I noticed that is way different from KS is that they proudly support everything. In Manhattan KS they didn't support the military everywhere you went it was KState this KState that and they would offer all kinds of discount to the College students. But anyway on another note Zeno and roadkill I love your post!!! Sometimes I get on and chuckle to see what you have wrote. They make me smile in the AM. Have a good day!!!!
Remember SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS--When your complaining about a bumpy road our soldiers our sleeping on a bumpy road--When your complaining about parking spaces in schools I only wish that my husband could go to his kids school to pick his children up--When you are complaining about lack of sleep on a hard bed-try sleeping under a tank!!!
Proud Military Wife

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 01:07 pm
As an independent, you can

Speaking as an independent (undecided) have a blessed day.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/19/08 - 01:10 pm
It's kind of hidden - but the

It's kind of hidden - but the creep is back tonight - buy your tickets now -

ibeawalkingtooldmemphis
ibeawalkingtooldmemphis 09/19/08 - 01:14 pm
The stock market is uptoday

The stock market is uptoday big time. Wonder who's gonna pay for all these bailouts. When this "little" fix doesn't work what, happens next. You can rob peter to pay paul just so many times!

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 01:16 pm
The right to vote is

The right to vote is guaranteed by the constitution. That means it is guaranteed to everyone - ignorant, stupid, etc. There is no test - there use to be, I've seen copies of it. Stupidity is a relative term. You might be considered stupid by someone else and you wouldn't be allowed to vote. Now, you wouldn't like that, would you? I have heard this neal fellow talk about passing a test before voting. We don't do it that way here - maybe in some communist country. Ignorant people have just as much right to vote as the not so ignorant ones. They have just as much right to make a wrong choice as you do. MARADAN, next time please think before you post. You will be helping everyone.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 09/19/08 - 01:32 pm
HI namasta

HI namasta

marandan
marandan 09/19/08 - 01:33 pm
Did that hurt ya there

Did that hurt ya there Jackie? If anyone is so ignorant that you dont understand the ballot, you should not be voting for our countrys' future. I am pointing out that Dems jumped in and told these people that they were disenfranchised because the election didnt turn out how they wanted it. And they used these peoples' ignorance as the excuse for a recount, which still turned out as a loser. Someday the good people of lower income that have been misled, and controlled by the Dem leadership for so long, will one day, realize that the Dem leadership, as in Big Unions, only have their own interests at heart.

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 01:49 pm
Speaking as an independent,

Speaking as an independent, ignorance is not grounds for a recount. I trust my government to base a recount on sufficient grounds. Why you don't trust your government to make the right recount decision? Speaking as an independent, have a blessed day and try to trust your country's judgement.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/19/08 - 01:50 pm
There is no right to vote in

There is no right to vote in the constitution. Yes stupidity is a relative form. People that contribute nothing and know nothing - deciding for others. Something is wrong with that picture.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 09/19/08 - 01:50 pm
jack, you are as much an

jack, you are as much an independent as Zell Miller is a democrat

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 01:50 pm
As an independent, you can

As an independent, you can increase my taxes if we would gain all those benefits. Remember, nothing comes cheap. I am willing to bite the bullet if it benefits my fellow americans and my country that I love. Now, this of course, is speaking as an independent. Have a blessed day. I really don't see anything to really get alarmed about - I see the bill for the Iraq war coming in each month and no one seems to get alarm. Let's not cry wolf too soon or declare the sky is falling. We will overcome this. As an independent I might be more interested in the financial bail-outs that we will get the bill for then some possible tax increase that will benefit my fellow americans. Is there no alarm there? How much can a chicken cost? We have to have medical. Free college doesn't sound to bad either if you have children or not. I can only speak as an independent and say we should be alarmed about other things not things that benefir our fellow americans. Now, as an independent, have a blessed day. I will not be looking for a RSVP because it is a much to pretty day to sit in the house and talk politics or listen to Rush head explode. Speaking as an independent (undecided) have a blessed day.

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 01:54 pm
In our society the majority

In our society the majority rule and if the majority is ignorant, than they rule. Its happened before. As an independent, look at the last eight years with a don't care president. Now, that is truly speaking as an independent. Have a blessed day.

jack234
jack234 09/19/08 - 01:56 pm
The president has just as

The president has just as much right to be ignorant as every one else, but we don't take away his right to vote or rule.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.