Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WASHINGTON ROAD PAVING? Huh! MLK Boulevard could use repaving, too, but then April visitors most likely won't be traveling that road. We just pay the taxes.

A RAVE FOR Mr. Wehunt, the lower school principal at Augusta Prep. I don't know if the afternoon pickup routine was his idea ... but it's fantastic!

BIG RANT FOR Bush. He just gave $1 billion of our hard-earned tax money to the wrong Georgia.

SARAH PALIN IS a successful woman, so why aren't the feminists rallying behind her? Because she loves and enjoys her children. To the feminists, children are a burden to be avoided. Poor feminists, women are no longer listening to their mindless drivel.

I AM NORMALLY not a college football fan, but I get sick at the fact that people in Georgia think the Bulldogs are some kind of gods and that Mark Richt is some kind of god.

A RANT TO REPUBLICANS, particularly those at the convention. While the Democrats were classy and did not talk down to the Republican Party, the Republicans have done nothing but be rude and disgraceful to them.

I AGREE WITH the senior from Evans High about the problem of honors parking -- and I'm a parent! My son earned his pass to park there and many selfish parents are ruining it for these hardworking kids.

BUSH JUST SENT "an extra" $1 billion to Georgia. That's a billion more of our money that doesn't yet exist, but Bush just pours it out like it's water from Gustav. Obama, with his communist tendencies (They're worse than tendencies) would likely do worse by actually helping the Russians arm, but that doesn't make Bush right.

HOW CAN OBAMA, a lifetime member of the Chicago political machine, ever even pretend to be for ethics reform?

BOTH GEORGIA SENATORS, Chambliss and Isakson, have come out foursquare against import tariffs. Import tariffs are what our Founding Fathers used to finance the original U.S. government. Thus, our present senators are fighting directly against our Founding Fathers. Which group do you trust?

ibeawalkingtooldmemphis
ibeawalkingtooldmemphis 09/19/08 - 07:42 am
4405, mlk st is the

4405, mlk st is the commissioners responsibility by virtue of it being a city street and not a state road.

ibeawalkingtooldmemphis
ibeawalkingtooldmemphis 09/19/08 - 07:50 am
Sorry guys and gals about the

Sorry guys and gals about the repeat, missed dontwana's 754.

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/19/08 - 07:55 am
MLK is a nappy-road.

MLK is a nappy-road.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/19/08 - 07:59 am
I'll be in Augusta in the

I'll be in Augusta in the next couple of weeks. Where do I find the best bar-b-q?

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/19/08 - 07:59 am
Carrie's mother is posting!

Carrie's mother is posting!

factchecker
factchecker 09/19/08 - 08:13 am
I4PUTT - I don't eat barbeque

I4PUTT - I don't eat barbeque but my wife swears by Sconyers or Edmunds.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/19/08 - 08:16 am
Thanks, dontwanta. I read

Thanks, dontwanta. I read where Cleve Edmund died. Is his place still open?

factchecker
factchecker 09/19/08 - 08:19 am
As far as I know they are.

As far as I know they are.

DoubleD
DoubleD 09/19/08 - 08:19 am
Sconyers is overrated. I

Sconyers is overrated. I prefer good ole mott's on Columbia Rd.

DoubleD
DoubleD 09/19/08 - 08:22 am
"MLK is a nappy-road." That

"MLK is a nappy-road." That is the best one I've heard today! LOL That came outta nowhere like the comment, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

factchecker
factchecker 09/19/08 - 08:27 am
I agree with the ranter about

I agree with the ranter about Obama and ethics reform. Chicago and ethics just don't mix well.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/19/08 - 08:28 am
DD I ate at Motts last trip.

DD I ate at Motts last trip. I agree. It's pretty good. Years ago there a place on Bobby Jones close to Washington Road. Is it still there?

melmel1968
melmel1968 09/19/08 - 08:30 am
Guys have you all driven down

Guys have you all driven down ALL of Wrightsboro Rd.??? There is nothing wrong with Washington Rd! instead of them repaving the road how bout just painting it if they want to make it look Perty!!! :)

NoSocialism
NoSocialism 09/19/08 - 08:31 am
GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/19/08 - 08:33 am
I4PUTT Firehouse bar-b-que on

I4PUTT Firehouse bar-b-que on Lumpkin Road. If you like Brunswick stew.

farfaraway
farfaraway 09/19/08 - 08:33 am
The president can only do

The president can only do what congress and senate will allow. He/she is only a figure head like the queen of England. We as a country should really be careful in who we elect in congress and senate. It seems that they have good ideas while running, but then its all about them after they get in. It is a good ol boy goverment and it has to be changed by the citizens of this country. It is good to have someone with experience, but it seems they get richer and the citizens get poorer. Are they really working for the country or themself? HMMMMMMM.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/19/08 - 08:35 am
Yes mel everytime I ride my

Yes mel everytime I ride my motorcycle down Wrightsboro road near Daniel Field it pulls me to one side because of the ruts in the lanes.

farfaraway
farfaraway 09/19/08 - 08:39 am
Larry's bar-b-que on Lumpkin

Larry's bar-b-que on Lumpkin road is also good.

Reality
Reality 09/19/08 - 08:40 am
I ate at Mott's last time I

I ate at Mott's last time I was in town and it was good, haven't been to Scyoner's for a couple of years....When ever I get back, I always eat at: Salsas,Kyoto,Mott's, Longhorn,Carrabba's. I don't have those choices here but I love food.......

angiesdad
angiesdad 09/19/08 - 08:42 am
i was watching one of my

i was watching one of my favorite shows last night,and saw a little snippet on todd (i need to get a job palin) seems he thinks he's the lt gov of alaska.you know the state with 660,000 people.i also notice he's everywhere she goes? isn't this unusual? who watches the kids while he's watching dizzy from wasilla?the taxpayers paying for this also?he needs to get his lies together and face this troopergate scandal.but first, he needs to get a job somewhere.the folks in alaska shouldn't be paying his expenses.hey ksl i didn't call anyone names,in this post.please tell us just once more that you went to college, i need to hear it.hey moron marandan, i said kissinger said that. gooogle the trials of henry kissinger and watch the documentary. he is a [filtered word]coward who should be incarcerated. i have my discharge papers,sweetie, do you?sawdust, what classified buildings would bechtel be building in a soverign country?military bases?i thought your [filtered word]prez said when the iraqis step up, we'll step down.then why would the us be building permanent bases? i'll wait on your lies.

Reality
Reality 09/19/08 - 08:46 am
I have never heard so much

I have never heard so much different crap come from one comment.....

mizbilli
mizbilli 09/19/08 - 08:46 am
Today, September 19, 2008

Today, September 19, 2008 would have been Charles Devaney's 55th Birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLES. I miss everyday!!!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/19/08 - 08:47 am
It was really hard to follow

It was really hard to follow but I think I got it. I would just add angie that whether you agree with him or not he is OUR president. Just like whoever is elected in Nov. will be OUR president.

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 09/19/08 - 08:52 am
dear kat, the government got

dear kat, the government got around that by changing the wording on the currency. i am sure you have heard of silver certificates...well they are currency that citizens could redeem for actual silver. but when we got off the gold standard they were reworded the currency to state the currency is "legal tender for all debts public and private" that in itself puts value not on the paper or what it can redeemed for, but the "word of the government" that the money is worth the value indicated on the note, nothing more

marandan
marandan 09/19/08 - 09:27 am
Hey Sawdust, Plz tell

Hey Sawdust, Plz tell angiesdad, that I do believe he has his discharge papers, Unfit for duty Dishonorable Discharge. Just yesterday he was saying, in the words of Kissinger, soldiers were dumb, and now he tells us he was one of those kissinger spoke of. This guy is unbelievable. And for his info, and others, real AMERICAN patriots dont believe we should talk about all things our military does, because it may put our citizens(soldiers and civilians) at risk from terrorists, which angiesdad doesn't seem to know exists. People in this or any other discussion should know that ANGIESDAD is a mental midget, who just spews garbage, and has no experience about what he talks about. But in his defense, many REAL AMERICANS, have given their life, or their service, so he could voice his opinion, and God gave us the discernment to know he is full of it.

sawgrass
sawgrass 09/19/08 - 09:31 am
angiesdud - I NEVER said

angiesdud - I NEVER said Bechtel was building classified buildings in Iraq. I said they were helping rebuild the infrastructure such a water purification facilities, restoring power, sewage treatment and schools. Those are not classified facilities. You are either misinformed or mislead by your party.

jboy
jboy 09/19/08 - 09:41 am
Not everyone follows Pro

Not everyone follows Pro football regardless of how the Falcons are playing, case in point Sanford Stadium hols upwards of 93,000 people where the Georgia Dome holds less than 70,000.
University of Tennessee holds over 100,000 the Titans around
70,000. Michigan over 100,000 Detroit Lions under 70,000.

merlin
merlin 09/19/08 - 09:49 am
After the presidential

After the presidential election, what are yall gonna have to talk about on here? I'm assuming it won't be about politics anymore, but there will always be the racist posts. Everyone on here seems to make everything about black or white. We're all HUMAN!

NoSocialism
NoSocialism 09/19/08 - 09:52 am
I wonder why the media has

I wonder why the media has not talked about the Senator from Illinois wanting to leave troops in Iraq:.http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/
obama_tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 09/19/08 - 09:58 am
Charley, there is place on

Charley, there is place on Mike Padgett you need to visit. I understand that there are a lot of other conspiracy theroists that hang out there. And most of the expenses are paid by the state.

Disc golf tournament benefits Augusta charity

APPLING — When Paul Childs runs a disc golf tournament, he wants it to mean something for the rest of the community. Childs he found a cause worth supporting: the Ronald McDonald House Charities.