Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I ENJOYED MY parent-teacher night at Butler High School, but the one thing that disturbed me was the school board told them they had to shut the air down at 2:30 p.m. This was uncomfortable.

LET'S SEE, THE speed limit if I remember right is 55 regardless of which lane you are in. Maybe instead of complaining about slow drivers you should thank your lucky stars that the state patrol or Richmond County's finest aren't out there giving you a speeding ticket.

I'M FOR THE Hockey Mom!

THE AUGUSTA MALL exit onto Wrightsboro Road, near Bobby Jones Expressway, needs to be monitored. Cars leaving the mall continue well past the yellow light and block the intersection all the time.

I GUESS WHEN you submit excellent comments about Mayor Deke and City Administrator Russell, they don't make the Rant & Rave section. However, when there is negativity about them it's front and center! These two listened to me when I needed it. A big rave for my Augusta city officials.

THERE ARE 195,182 people who live in Richmond County. If each donates a dollar a week for two months, we could break ground for the Kroc Center before we elect McCain president.

I WOULD LIKE to thank the principal and teachers of Grovetown Middle School for a wonderful "Parent Back to School Night."

WHY WAS MONEY wasted on crosswalks along Belair Road and S. Belair Road/ Wheeler Road? No one even walks anywhere these days.

AIKEN SHERIFF Michael Hunt is completely wrong. The officer at fault, Mr. Nation, did exactly right.

RANT FOR MAYOR Deke. We don't need a new stadium. He doesn't go to any of the games. We don't need it.

WHY IS IT so hard for managers/supervisors to communicate with their employees during critical times, especially if they have a good group of workers?

CSRAresident
CSRAresident 09/16/08 - 02:45 am
Morning all......Ahhh, Let's

Morning all......Ahhh, Let's see how cheap gas is today.

spotted_assassin
spotted_assassin 09/16/08 - 03:02 am
A RANT to the traffic light

A RANT to the traffic light at the intersection of Georgia Ave. and Martintown Rd. How long do I have to sit there late at night b4 I can run the light. Every night I sit there for at least 5 mins, or until another car (coming down Georgia Ave.) comes up to the light. Someone needs to check the sensors there PLEASE!
(I WILL REPOST THIS EVERYDAY UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE!) lol

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/16/08 - 04:20 am
"Paging Mr Michael Hunt, we

"Paging Mr Michael Hunt, we have a call for Mr Michael Hunt, has anybody seen Mike Hunt?" G'morning, y'all! Have a Terrific Tuesday!

TroubIe
TroubIe 09/16/08 - 04:57 am
looks like officer nation got

looks like officer nation got his own rant published this morning............how exactly can one be the officer at fault and be completely right at the same time? Doesnt being "at fault" indicate that you are wrong?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/16/08 - 06:34 am
Ah, the sweet smell of

Ah, the sweet smell of exhaust, the rush of traffic, the gridlock of rush hour, the spilled coffee, the biscuit crumbs on your shirt and lap, the rise in your blood pressure as some ignorant moron driving 45 in the left lane eating a doughnut, drinking coffee, talking on his cell phone and checking his calendar, the imaginary sound of automatic weapons fire as you pretend to blast his self absorbed, ignorant wazoo off the face of the earth, the satisfied imaginary feeling of having rid the earth of another Obama Voter!

chad6401
chad6401 09/16/08 - 06:38 am
PT is off to a good start

PT is off to a good start this fine beautiful day, but can anybody identify that mole.

chad6401
chad6401 09/16/08 - 06:40 am
CBBP there's not enough Ammo.

CBBP there's not enough Ammo.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 09/16/08 - 06:49 am
I can hear this beautiful,

I can hear this beautiful, wonderful broke city calling me again..

chad6401
chad6401 09/16/08 - 06:51 am
Can you hear me now? Good Can

Can you hear me now? Good Can you hear me now? GOOD

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 09/16/08 - 06:54 am
Good morn angie

Good morn angie

karmakills123
karmakills123 09/16/08 - 06:56 am
mornin all..heard it was

mornin all..heard it was going to rain today!!...to the ranter about his city officials..there's only one who deserves a rave ...GO JOE BOWLES !!!

stumpjumper
stumpjumper 09/16/08 - 07:03 am
Hocky Mom is getting my vote

Hocky Mom is getting my vote too. Besides being smart, intelectual,and down to earth, she's beautiful. She has the right values on life and doesn't think she's better than everyone else. I just plain like her.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/16/08 - 07:04 am
chad - Well I know what movie

chad - Well I know what movie that is from if that's what you were asking. Wasn't much else to comment on for the 4:20 post.

angie611
angie611 09/16/08 - 07:05 am
Howdy there fire n ice! Have

Howdy there fire n ice! Have a good day!

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/16/08 - 07:06 am
stump - On another forum an

stump - On another forum an interesting question came up. How is the secret service gonna keep up with the "Vice Dude" while he is on a cross-Alaska snowmobile race or fishing for salmon? lol

chad6401
chad6401 09/16/08 - 07:09 am
PT at that time in the

PT at that time in the morning the sillyness will come out.

chad6401
chad6401 09/16/08 - 07:12 am
PT who are the Secreat

PT who are the Secreat Squirrels going to protect him from the Moose hell bent in his distruction. Quick visual First Dude on Snowmobile S-S running next to him in black trench coats and loafers.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/16/08 - 07:22 am
I can see it now, Bullwinkel

I can see it now, Bullwinkel with an AK 47 hiding behind a snowdrift and Rocky with binoculars as his spotter!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/16/08 - 07:35 am
Natasha and Boris are on the

Natasha and Boris are on the opposite side with bombs.

angie611
angie611 09/16/08 - 07:36 am
Officer Nation got exactly

Officer Nation got exactly what he DESERVED. He was harassing those boys from the get go. Law enforcement in many cases think they are above the law. I'm glad this one got busted. And in front of his OWN camera. Sweet.

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/16/08 - 07:38 am
angie - Been a while since

angie - Been a while since your "OUTLAW police chases" mantra - have you had a change of heart? Another criminal idiot died yesterday running from the cops.

christian134
christian134 09/16/08 - 07:43 am
Good Tuesday morning

Good Tuesday morning all...Thank God above that we have food, water and some gas somewhere within reason...Pray for those on the Gulf Coast....Stay safe out there people...As far as Officer Nation he was a bit over-zealous but should not have been fired...Mike Hunt you allowed your fear of community disapproval to dictate your call on this matter...

angie611
angie611 09/16/08 - 07:45 am
PTHS. NO ONE deserves to

PTHS. NO ONE deserves to have their life put at risk...innocent people get killed during these car chases...the bad will always get caught eventually. Trust me. The law of the Universe will take care of this. OUTLAW CAR CHASES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PTHS.

NEone
NEone 09/16/08 - 07:48 am
Butler High School: Is it

Butler High School: Is it possible that the AC is on a timer and shut off by itself? I can't imagine even the RCBOE making a conscious decision to turn off the AC in an occupied building. But when did they last make a conscious decision?

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/16/08 - 08:02 am
You might change your mind if

You might change your mind if you happen to be the victim of these scumbags. CHASE IS ON!!! Don't roll over like a xuckin' 'Possum. Please enlighten the readers about this "law of the universe." I can't wait for the philosophical BS to rain down.

inkpup
inkpup 09/16/08 - 08:09 am
Interesting, give this a

Interesting, give this a mull. I wonder how many other undereducated overzealous (christian134) cops there are in these parts who will perform their harassment acts directly before their own car video cams?? Not much more despicable than an overzealous cop. You are powerless.

inkpup
inkpup 09/16/08 - 08:11 am
And, Oh yeah. Gas prices are

And, Oh yeah. Gas prices are W's fault. not

christian134
christian134 09/16/08 - 08:18 am
Hey and good morning to you

Hey and good morning to you inkpup...:-)

angie611
angie611 09/16/08 - 08:22 am
426Hemi....you the man....you

426Hemi....you the man....you go......

marandan
marandan 09/16/08 - 08:23 am
The Dems went on vacation,

The Dems went on vacation, without Nozy Pelosi putting the energy crisis to a vote before they left, ... on purpose. They want our economy to be in a failing state for the benefit of Obama. It is the only thing he can articulate, that Everyone wants to see change. But he is not the man to do it. Mccain/Palin should be every REAL AMERICANS vote, if you care about your country more than yourself.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.